Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rye is gross tbh idk how anyone drinks it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rye is delicious

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
happy world whiskey day!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

every day is whiskey day friend

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
news for brews; hops that matter

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PokeJoe posted:

wrong!!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
watching MotoGP in Mugello, drinking a Beer called Under a House in Northern Italy

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
made a gin basil smash this weekend, it was rly good

~12 fresh basil leaves
5cl gin
3cl lemon juice
2cl simple syrup

put everything into a shaker w. ice, double strain into a short/wide glass filled with ice

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I bought a bottle of botanist gin and I never really had much gin but this tastes interesting and good. like an herb garden in a glass

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

PokeJoe posted:

in my experience there are three types of rye whiskey:

1. canadian. might be aged, and can actually be really good, but usually meant for blending, and you can tell
  2. young american. only a couple years in the barrel, meant to capitalize on rye popularity, cheap but not v good unless finished in an interesting way
  3. expensive, aged rye that is actually good, like aged bourbon

idk why people think they're gonna drink 3yo whiskey and have it be good. you wouldn't drink 3yo scotch would you? then why bourbon or rye? if you age those in oak for 8-10 years, guess what, they're also fuckin delicious!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i went to the liquor store around the corner friday afternoon to get some beers for neighborhood happy hour and sample some wine since they have a weekly wine tasting

this time the "wine" "tasting" was a bushmill's rep pouring whole-rear end shots of whiskey, so that was a nice start to my weekend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Endless Mike posted:

i went to the liquor store around the corner friday afternoon to get some beers for neighborhood happy hour and sample some wine since they have a weekly wine tasting

this time the "wine" "tasting" was a bushmill's rep pouring whole-rear end shots of whiskey, so that was a nice start to my weekend

nice

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

You know every time I've tried straight burbon I've found it to have a really unpleasant licorice aftertaste. I'm guessing it's just inherent in the spirit and I don't care for it.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

akadajet posted:

I bought a bottle of botanist gin and I never really had much gin but this tastes interesting and good. like an herb garden in a glass

my brother bought me a bottle of botanist for xmas once and it was insanely good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

akadajet posted:

You know every time I've tried straight burbon I've found it to have a really unpleasant licorice aftertaste. I'm guessing it's just inherent in the spirit and I don't care for it.

I don't know what you're drinking, that's not a flavor I've ever experienced with bourbon

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

akadajet posted:

I'm pretty sensitive to that flavor and I've never got a licorice/anise taste from any bourbon. that said there's a super wide variety and I've only tried a few dozen

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

akadajet posted:

Are you trying the same bourbon each time? I hate licorice flavor and love bourbon. I remember Hudson Baby Bourbon being gross and maybe it had a licorice flavor. Definitely not a normal bourbon flavor.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

botanist gin is great. if you're into it, a botanical gin that I actually like even more is Sheringham Seaside: https://www.sheringhamdistillery.com/spirits

i don't know if it's available outside BC but if you can get your hands on it, it's really great as a sipping gin

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Erwin posted:

Are you trying the same bourbon each time? I hate licorice flavor and love bourbon. I remember Hudson Baby Bourbon being gross and maybe it had a licorice flavor. Definitely not a normal bourbon flavor.

last one I tried was woodford reserve and I thought it was undrinkable. definitely an off aftertaste to it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

woodford reserve isn't great

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

try wheel horse, should be at a similar price point and is my current go-to to drink neat

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
woodford reserve is fine actually. if you want an oak bomb, try the woodford double oaked

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Fool posted:

try wheel horse, should be at a similar price point and is my current go-to to drink neat

Truman Peyote posted:

botanist gin is great. if you're into it, a botanical gin that I actually like even more is Sheringham Seaside: https://www.sheringhamdistillery.com/spirits

i don't know if it's available outside BC but if you can get your hands on it, it's really great as a sipping gin

specs doesn't carry either of these unfortunately. I would love to try that gin

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

woodford reserve is fine actually. if you want an oak bomb, try the woodford double oaked

fool me once....

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

akadajet posted:

last one I tried was woodford reserve and I thought it was undrinkable. definitely an off aftertaste to it

woodford is representative enough of bourbon that bourbon is probably just not for you. I wouldn’t expect anyone to get licorice from it though.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

nothing beats half a dozen ستلا in the evening when you have to get up at 4am for a flight

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
sapporo has acquired stone for some reason

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

sapporo has acquired stone for some reason

yeah it’s weird

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m waiting for some of my locals to get acquired, they [sapporo] already got anchor brewing. golden state cider seems like they’re doing really well

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

looks like stone’s brands were secondary to Sapporo wanting to find a west coast location to brew another few hundred thousand barrels by 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i got some fino sherry and some sauternes for my birthday. drikning the sherry right now. its good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i made up a full tequila bottle’s worth of marg mix to throw in the freezer and hoped it would last me a few weeks. lol. lmao.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

made a gin martini and a vodka martini and let my wife pick which one she wanted. shes never actually tried a martini before. she didnt like either so now im getting drukn

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

has protein, it's good for you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it’s fat free too. no downsides

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

id only need to drink a bit over 500 martinis a day to meet my daily protein recommendation. score!

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

coming in from the gym after doing squats and bench presses and downing a whole bottle of vermouth

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Truman Peyote posted:

coming in from the gym after doing squats and bench presses and downing a whole bottle of vermouth

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Truman Peyote posted:

lol