Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
just play eve echoes if you want that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

captainclaw posted:

Allow me to save you the journey to that poo poo heap

Here's the history summarised (Edit not really in chronological order mostly!):

1. CCP years ago turned the Rorqual into a capital that could mine obsence amounts of ore. Everyone at the time said "This will screw up the game economy." CCP ignored the people because having a "Mining Capital" encouraged people to skill inject into it; stimulating the $ market (as it's required for extracting and injecting.)
2. After 2-3 years of rorqual mining, the entire game economy was hosed up. Mineral prices fell massively as super blocs concentrated Rorqual fleets on strip mining the infinitely respawning ore sites. Capitals were being produced in hours as rorqual fleets stripped entire systems. The titan, once a noteworthy-for-existing goal for an alliance of thousands of players, became attainable in weeks for a guy multiboxing \~8 rorquals (in range of an alliance's super fleet to be dropped on anyone attempting to kill the rorquals).
3. CCP decided the only way to unfuck their mistake is to introduce an "age of scarcity" and remove 90% of ore from the game in most places, sites don't respawn anywhere near as fast anymore.
4. After 2-3 years of scarcity CCP announces "The End of scarcity!" and reintroduce ore back to (Edit, ty for who told me) 10% of it's original values and after protest uncreases it to 20% of original values. (Still -80% compared to pre-scarcity). The playerbase is unhappy.
5. CCP announce sweeping industry changes that make it harder to manufacture almost everything. The playerbase is unhappy.
6. The industy changes vastly increase the cost of capital ship production. Industrialists and players who like to use capitals are unhappy.
7. Due to the cost of capitals being so high, people are using them less (too expensive to replace). The people who like to hunt capitals have nothing to hunt, these players are unhappy.
8. The changes made many faction ships not worth producing, blueprints fall in value. Players who used to like hunting pirate faction ships for blueprints are unhappy.
9. The new industry changes require people to do more PI. PI is a chore clickfest shitpile that people have asked for saved layouts, quick updating etc for years. CCP doesn't address these. People interacting with PI are unhappy (and more people are forced into it).
10. CCP introduced the "Dynamic Bounty System", reducing ISK payouts on bounties in nullsec based on how much PvP is in that system. Because inherently people who want to do PvE would prefer to be in areas with little PvP, the vast majority of systems have their DBS rating fall to 50%, cutting nullsec PvE'ers income in half. Nullsec PvE'ers are unhappy, many stop doing it, leaving mostly bots or afk pilots (launch drones and then go afk until the site is done) because the sites no longer reward enough for people's attention. Nullsec PvEer's are unhappy.
11. Because there are only bots or afk people to hunt, there is less active players doing interesting poo poo (smartbomb Machs in havens, carriers in havens, etc) to hunt, so people who used to hunt nullsec PvEer's have fewer targets, fewer interesting targets, so they are unhappy, many stop playing/hunting.
12. Well before the DBS CCP introduces instanced PvE (abyssals), anyone who liked "Eve is a sandbox" is unhappy. Initially, to run the most valuable "T5" abyssals, you had to be in lowsec or nullsec to encourage risk. This is rapidly reverted so that abyssal farmers can operate in highsec in relative safety. CCP even later introduces T6 abyssals, still usable in highsec. PvEer's who switch to abyssals and lose valuable ships to disconnects because CCP can't make the server stable, and these losses aren't reimbursed, are unhappy. Anyone who cares about number of players in space in the "real world" aka not an instance is unhappy.
13. In the "End of Scarcity" CCP altered ore values everywhere, making it so that certain minerals are concentrated in lowsec, attempting to revive the "dead area" that lowsec has substantially been activity wise for 15 years. This didn't really work very well at all. Lowsec denizens who liked it as a lawless and un-ownable space disliked the fact that now giga blobs of Rorquals mining mandatory minerals was what their outlaw zone was for. These players were unhappy.
14. CCP's "End of Scarcity" adjusted how mining is done, adding "loss" to inefficency, generally making the "End of Scarcity" even more laughable, and they also made asteroids much smaller, forcing miners to more actively change asteroid targets - taking the "relaxing" style of mining (one of the most boring activities in the game) and forcing greater activity into it. Miners were unhappy.
15. AFTER ALL OF THIS CLUSTER gently caress OF BAD DESIGN, MORONIC DECISIONS CCP announces that the cost of subscription (via $ or plex) is increasing by \~35%, far more for countries with unfavourable exchange rates to the USD/Euro.
16. So previous design changes made: Industrialists, miners, nullsec PvEer's, nullsec PvPer's, anyone who liked "Eve sandbox", almost all of lowsec, people who liked flying capitals, people who liked hunting capitals, and anyone who cares about the games economy/ecosystem unhappy. Now the price was going up. Everyone becomes double unhappy, and new people who were fine with the catastrophic changes above (i.e. highsec miners, highsec mission runners, traders) aren't happy about the price increases.
17. CCP says "Just wait for fanfest, we have the biggest content update ever." (almost actual quote, can't remember exact wording).
18. At fanfest nothing substantive is announced at all. Some new cosmetics for ships. "We are going to try to finally fix faction warfare after 10+ years of abject stagnation." Anyone who trusted CCP (lol) becomes more unhappy.
19. Almost the entire playerbase is now "TRIPLE unhappy", many are leaving.
20. CCP is already selling Skillpoints for money (Which they promised not to do in writing) and then begin selling Ships for money! Buy a mining barge pack for $15. Industrialists, miners ingame become "QUAD unhappy" at the idea that their value ingame, their time, investment, manufacturing skill, shipping, is replaced by "magic poo poo that appears for real money". Anyone concerned with the state of the economy also becomes QUAD unhappy.
21. When CCP introduced Citadels they made the explicit promise that assets were safe via the specifically named "Asset Safety" system. When a citadel dies (except wormhole space, where everything drops!) assets are automatically recovered to a nearby lowsec NPC station or even the same system if there is a NPC station it in. Except in Forsaken Fortress, with something like 2 months notice, "Lol we changing it", so unfueled structures become "Abandoned" and then everything drops. Many long dormant players unsuprisingly don't read emails or have activity - relying on the solid information given by CCP that Assets were safe. Smart players exploit CCP's stupidity, and start shooting structures on the test server, the ones that drop good stuff also drop that good stuff on the live server when the patch hits it. Some dude scoops 5 Tril of TII BPOs (not an exaggeration) and many other vast fortunes staked in structures CCP promised were safe are lost. Almost everyone is unhappy about this, particularly as a broken promise.
22. By this point anyone with any kind of view of the game's metastate/condition knows that CCP has absolutely no idea what they are doing. Repeated negative changes that make the game worse for entire playstyles keep coming, CCP continues to lie about what they will not do or what "biggest update ever" will be announced. Many players no longer have any faith in CCP at all - like getting to see inside the cockpit of the plane you are on and finding the Pilot is eating glue and the co-pilot is the corpse of Amelia Earhart.
23. Playerbase craters - playercount begins to drop to 2008 levels, then 2007 levels, and currently towards the lowest number of online active players since 2006, and continuing to fall. CCP takes no action, and worse, claims "It's just summer lol". That glue-eating Pilot just said, over the intercom "Well we might be falling but we're still in the air lol, don't worry about it." and continues eating glue.
24. Everyone who loves Eve is now QUINTUPLE unhappy because we are powerless to save something we dearly love. The playercount is falling so much that space feels empty. The ISK velocity is plummeting because there are no longer people buying and selling items (Imagine human population of your country falling by 500% in 5 years and the impacts it would have...)
25. The pilot, serene in the knowledge that this is his rodeo and he "must" be qualified enough to fly the plane due to the fact that he is the one piloting it (Looking at you, Hilmar), takes no course corrective action at all, and the descent continues.

For context, I have two accounts and I am subbed until 2025. I love this game. I have played for 17 years.

Edit - removed the pubbie reddit gubbins

Thanks

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it owns that they're forcing that model on eve and also charging one of the most expensive subs i can think of for an mmo

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
20 year old game for $20 a month, it just makes sense

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it owns that they're forcing that model on eve and also charging one of the most expensive subs i can think of for an mmo

ESO felt expensive at $15/month

20 is just...drat

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Eve online is the best game, as the devs put loads of effort into it, and is therefore worth 20 dollars.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i think its worth 20 dollars thus i pay that to play it

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Stubb Dogg posted:

What happened to economist they had? I know all the mobile games these days obsess over their in-game economy to make sure people keep on buying coins and poo poo, while keeping it still fun enough that retention doesn't sink, but EVE was kind of forerunner in that they had someone who actually knew their poo poo looking at the in-game economy.

Eyjog got the data he needed for his project and dipped.

He was only ever on staff to get data for an academic project, not to manage CCP's ingame economy. They'd have to pay someone for that.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

That Works posted:

Probably the typical cycle of most libertarian/conservative economists. Make the point that they want to make / the bosses want to hear. Cash the check and vanish when the consequences of failed predictions come to pass. See also the present UK government.

He appears to be a normal, neoclassical economist (so working off of an untenable model of the world): https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LzKEARcAAAAJ&hl=en.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

FirstnameLastname posted:

best fix (imo) outside of dropping sub prices would be to massively increase the income from non-instanced pve & add content in that area

that creates reason to have players in space, counters the increased burden of plex subbing, creates income streams to support manufacturing efforts, etc.

Yeah, this is probably the best way to "fix" it, since they have spent the last 3 years loving over all pve income except wormholes, which they forgot about.

I would also like to say that incursions done in highsec should have less reward, they can basically be done with 0 risk and earn almost as much as low or null.

So:

Highsec incursions down, lowsec and nullsec up

Wormhole sites have largely stayed the same, and so largely should stay the same. I think the only changes they need will be to stay on top of everything else, other than that they're fine.

Pochven... just leave it, they're already filthy rich.

Lowsec: lp rewards for all missions increased (also for null) especially l5s, to balance the snuffed out factor of doing them in big stuff. I don't really know the income of lowseccers other than missions so thats all I have.

Nullsec, the big one: ore, ice, moons, gas, etc. Should all be returned to exact levels pre scarcity, nothing more, nothing less. It was great how it was. The dbs should bottom our at 100, and be easier to push higher, maybe also bump up the base bounty earnings if needed.

Possibly the more expensive deadspace modules should have their effectiveness increased to add extra value to escalations?

Make C.R.A.B beacons better, and add ones with capital rats only for titans with fax support to do, also revive doing anoms in supers so people get loads of big stuff out in space.

Increase the disparity of resources between different regions of null (better regions get better, worse regions get worse, though for the latter it can't be too bad, we don't want to punish smaller groups for not being able to punch up, just encourage big groups to GET OUT OF lovely DRONE SPACE... )

Just some ideas I had to increase pve income and also one to encourage invasions for actual resources, not dumb grudges. Maybe some of them are good?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Durendal posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if CCP is pushing or being pushed to make the only viable way to make ISK is through PLEX.

they wouldn't try doing that by raising subs. That's a lot of why they changed market taxes, the DBS, ore quantities, production changes, etc. though, all to make you able to generate less while having to spend more

i think their goal was to make it so the only viable way to subscribe is through cash, by making the cost of a subscription more than the average passive income generation available to an account over the same time, to clear out what they saw as "dead weight", the older, wealthier players who don't have to *directly* give ccp any money and can run several accounts that can pay for themselves entirely in-game

you know, the people who disproportionately provide activity, demand, and content, and are the reason people can exchange cash for isk to begin with, as they're both providing the isk and increasing plex value by being a source of fixed per-account plex demand & consumption for as long as they remain active. totally useless, lmao :ccp:

i.e. if you're subscribed with money and don't make poo poo for isk, who cares, isk is valued however you value it. your time spent ingame is however you value it. you might not log in for weeks as a time. subs paid. you might partake, you might not, who knows.

if you're subscribed with plex? isk has a tangible value to you in a way it doesn't for players who subscribe with cash. as a necessity, plex-subs will go through more effort to obtain enough isk to maintain a subscription, and when subscribed will generally 'use' more of their time in-game productively, as it's a limited resource available for them

this is where plex gets its value, from the demand generated by people who sub with plex by paying with their time. on one end in the game, on the other end the person paying cash for the plex from their job.
not from the money CCP charges for it, nor the isk those people trade the plex to receive - it's from having a market demographic that needs to receive plex, which will then be consumed, so that they can continue to generate the means of their subscription

all of this is a V. V. important delineation to make and not just semantics because the game has grown and been developed for 20 years around scaleable isk-funded collections of accounts-as-income/assets/expenses that are heavily intermixed with cash-paid subs that are Not interchangeable or reversible wrt funding

as in, someone with 2 paid accounts and 6 plexed ones isn't going to switch to 8, or 6, or 4 paid accounts because their plex accounts aren't sustainable, they'll likely drop to only 2 paid accounts. Or one/quit entirely. either way, plex demand drops, and with it, activity that attracts plex supply.

cuz there are game mechanics to generate subscription time via conversion to Plex if it's viable but there's no game mechanic to generate $20 if you don't have it.

if it's possible to sustain a subscription with Plex, one account can become ten over time, regardless of irl income, and in turn, increase the amount of money a customer can ultimately bring CCP, regardless of their own actual income.
You can even make this investment using cash ->plex -> isk -> income generating assets, but *only* if it can pay for itself sustainably.
when the only passive and scaling investment in-game that provides high enough returns to manage growing plex cost is plex/plex derivatives due to the reduced player count and market activity, that's obv. not sustainable long-term, even if it's technically possible right now

if plex subs aren't independently sustainable, a player will likely never increase their number of held accounts as their income increases ingame - whatever you're getting out of them when they start playing is where they'll stay.

This also limits one's ability to impact the economy by how many subs they can pay with cash, over how much wealth they have ingame (due to limited per-acct. trade/industry/pi/etc slots, mining lasers, freighters, simultaneously active market alts, etc).

Even the wealthiest players in-game will ultimately be capped on their potential by what they can afford to pay cash for.
So, as a side-effect, being space rich is less useful now if you're not also irlrich, when the two used to effectively mean the same thing in-game

this stuff could've all been avoided if the game hadnt spent so long building so much momentum on the 'alts that pay for alts, alts as items, alts as investments' model for so long, but since it has, a sudden flat 33% increase on income generating infrastructure costs for a recreational game that is played by choice is gonna throw a spanner in the works and i have no idea how nobody at ccp saw all of this coming. i mean, most of what I've written here is a few find->replaces away from being a chapter of das kapital, not exactly groundbreaking poo poo.

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 21, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

most of what I've written here is a few find->replaces away from being a chapter of das kapital, not exactly groundbreaking poo poo.

aryth is a trot

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

It seems that everyone understands this, except CCP. Aren't they the ones who should know how to do this stuff?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

floppyspud posted:

It seems that everyone understands this, except CCP. Aren't they the ones who should know how to do this stuff?

they're too busy getting high of the fumes from their rotten shark delicacy and theorizing about how people SHOULD play the game, instead of building from and understanding how people ACTUALLY play the game.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

they're too busy getting high of the fumes from their rotten shark delicacy and theorizing about how people SHOULD play the game, instead of building from and understanding how people ACTUALLY play the game.

They made the csm to tell them how to make their game, then they just ignore them.

Though I will say that in the last 6 months things might be improving, they did siege green, citadel changes, battleship buffs, actually new content loving finally, CCP Swift commented on that reddit post by darkshines that one time, some of the csms have occasionally stated that they think it may be getting better.

But you know what also has happened in the last 6 months? Fanfest where they said "biggest update in the history of updates, maybe ever" and nothing happened, price increase, retriever pack, csms are saying they just aren't listening, dumbass "crypto" and "blockchain" poo poo, photon ui is still poopoo...

This next update will be good, I promise.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

dragonshardz posted:

what do you mean no one will want to use 100% waste crystals to offensively mine the enemy space?!?!?!?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

if it's possible to sustain a subscription with Plex, one account can become ten over time, regardless of irl income, and in turn, increase the amount of money a customer can ultimately bring CCP, regardless of their own actual income.

A very important point. It's weird to see a company that built its game around this model try to back pedal into a more standard model now.

EvE will never have millions of subs like WoW, but it every PLEXed account is a virtual sub, as you say, not simple dead weight.

Edit: In a way, it's the opposite of moving to free to play. EvE already had the whales subsidizing the time intensive players, but is choosing to move *away* from that.

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 21, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Upcoming QoL fixes list from forums

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/little-things-in-uprising-expansion/381187

- When jump cloning, you will automatically leave your current ship, wait out the session timer and jump
- Jump clone locations have been added to the map
- Alliance fittings added, managed by the fitting managers in the executor corp (placeholder icons for now)
- The number of maximum saved personal and corp fittings has been doubled
- Mobile depot, tractor units and warp disruptors can now been included in saved fittings
- It’s now possible to delete many fittings at a time
- Drones are now removed from ship when doing “Strip fitting”
- It’s now possible to repackage many ships, even though they have rigs
- Shortcut added for the Manage Autopilot Route
- “Collapse All Group” button has been added to the Corp assets list
- If more than 1 module is damaged, it’s now possible to repair them all at once through a right click menu
- When reloading charges through the right click menu, charges you lack skills to use are not included
- The active ship is now at the top of the Repair window to make it easier to find
- The preselected items are now at the top of the list in the Create contract window
- In the search in the contracts, you can now see how many contracts are filtered out
- “Release Control” has been added as a primary option in the Radial Menu for structures you are controlling
- Security status has been added to Personal and Corp assets lists
- When opening a wreck, the focus is now on the “Loot All” button, making it possible to just hit Enter to loot all
- The minimum tick distance in the D-scan slider has been increased to 0.1AU
- The number of fleet members in watchlist has been increased to 100
- When opening the Help Pointers window, the focus is now in the search bar
- The help pointer names for the Station Services have been updated
- New help pointers have been added

Stolen from reddit because of course. Some of these are actually pretty great (I think double fittings, mobile depots and stuff in fittings, and auto clone jump are the most notable.)
Also I heard somewhere that the lifespan of those cancerous rear end frig-holes is being reduced to 4.5 hours from 16, though I cannot confirm whether that is completely true, might’ve just been something on sisi.

Some good changes here CCP... get your poo poo together...

E: also the new "heraldry" stuff they talked about at the greatest fanfest ever is coming out soon(tm), stuffs actually happening.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 21, 2022

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

PhilippAchtel posted:

A very important point. It's weird to see a company that built its game around this model try to back pedal into a more standard model now.

EvE will never have millions of subs like WoW, but it every PLEXed account is a virtual sub, as you say, not simple dead weight.

Edit: In a way, it's the opposite of moving to free to play. EvE already had the whales subsidizing the time intensive players, but is choosing to move *away* from that.

exactly! it's so shortsighted to walk away from a system that worked so well. they should've dropped direct subscriptions and made it plex only, if anything, and had a system that could let you pay like $7.50 & 250 plex etc. with 3-6-12 mo deals. it would've opened the game up to way more people, especially in places with lovely currencies. it does not matter who it is, only that the demand is there. They threw it away v@_@v

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

exactly! it's so shortsighted to walk away from a system that worked so well. they should've dropped direct subscriptions and made it plex only, if anything, and had a system that could let you pay like $7.50 & 250 plex etc. with 3-6-12 mo deals. it would've opened the game up to way more people, especially in places with lovely currencies. it does not matter who it is, only that the demand is there. They threw it away v@_@v

They should let you cash out PLEX into real money. Pay the people who actually create the content for your game. Make people play EVE like job for real.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Rutibex posted:

They should let you cash out PLEX into real money. Pay the people who actually create the content for your game. Make people play EVE like job for real.

This would honestly probably work. If other crypto stuff works, i don't see why it wouldn't

except it would motivate them to make it more like a job

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
CCP is gonna kill their poo poo and then in 2 years they're gonna fire up a classic RuneScape style reboot and rake in cash as everybody who played and everyone who heard about it but never played ground floors in on empty space without permanent superpowers, and poo poo, it might actually be fun

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Wipe the servers and roll back the scarcity changes, then remove the ability for alliances to set each other as blues

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Paramemetic posted:

CCP is gonna kill their poo poo and then in 2 years they're gonna fire up a classic RuneScape style reboot and rake in cash as everybody who played and everyone who heard about it but never played ground floors in on empty space without permanent superpowers, and poo poo, it might actually be fun

lol yes

bring back the era of deathstar pos and no way to fight them without huge losses of battleships because dreads dont exist yet

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Rutibex posted:

I thought about this, but then I thought that Eve has too much botting as it is, and if this passed you wouldn't even be able to belt rat in high sec because of the competition.

Basically, Eve should let me turn plex into cash, and no one else.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ded posted:

lol yes

bring back the era of deathstar pos and no way to fight them without huge losses of battleships because dreads dont exist yet

Honestly vintage EVE mechanics with the current graphics engine and client would be pretty fuckin fun (for about six weeks)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Stubb Dogg posted:

What happened to economist they had? I know all the mobile games these days obsess over their in-game economy to make sure people keep on buying coins and poo poo, while keeping it still fun enough that retention doesn't sink, but EVE was kind of forerunner in that they had someone who actually knew their poo poo looking at the in-game economy.

He left CCP in 2014. (He's now the president of the University of Akureyri.)

The Rorqual rebalance, Scarcity, and nearly all of the bullshit that followed, was after his watch.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Eve Vegas news: Dynamic Bounty floor is being raised to 100%!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
And Navy destroyers, apparently?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Am slav

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Am stram gram

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

This would honestly probably work. If other crypto stuff works, i don't see why it wouldn't

I wouldn't go so far as to say "other crypto stuff works" :v:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Rhjamiz posted:

I wouldn't go so far as to say "other crypto stuff works" :v:

ya works isn't the right word but you know what i mean :f

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah if they were to consider any crypto-adjacent nonsense bullshit, that would at least not be a thunderously moronic place to start, and yet...

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

What are the big hulls shooting big guns?

also I'm so loving exited for this, I hope they don't nerf the ishtar like they did the vni.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Ajaxify posted:

Eve Vegas news: Dynamic Bounty floor is being raised to 100%!

They absolutely need to neuter how much goes into the reserve bank to make this worthwhile. And again, this is something that should have been looked into three months after the DBS launched - remember how CCP admitted that the DBS wasn't tracking NPC and PVP kills correctly for months because the relay between the game server and server that processed the DBS calculation was hosed?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

They absolutely need to neuter how much goes into the reserve bank to make this worthwhile. And again, this is something that should have been looked into three months after the DBS launched - remember how CCP admitted that the DBS wasn't tracking NPC and PVP kills correctly for months because the relay between the game server and server that processed the DBS calculation was hosed?

yeah, this should've been done a very long time ago, but hey, just be happy they're doing it now.

and yes reserve bank either needs to go or be changed drastically, its poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah the reserve bank is the dumbest most pointless poo poo