Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

My problem with shaders is that one of the four quadrants is always atrocious.

I'll love the colors, patterns, textures, but then some rear end in a top hat color makes it in and I have to hope no one ever looks at my knees, elbows, waist, whatever else. Lilac Bombast breaks my heart most. It makes me look like some real mellow Lisa Frank 420 Easter Collection sexiness but then that dumb af green gets involved and I'm :forkbomb:.

That’s why the best shaders are the ones that are basically two-tone like Melchedizik Bramble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Apparently the scourge fusion can roll with opening shot.

There will supposedly be more fusions with this perk when shadowkeep comes out

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Luke Smith's blog thing ended up being 20 pages and we get the first part tomorrow

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

DOOOOOONK!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

Rappo why don't you just play private matches with other top players instead of just pub stomping all day? The latter is extremely boring.

Because I'm a 35 year old man with a stressful job, a pregnant wife, kids and a house to run.

I find no enjoyment from sweats. I have been there and done that. I have nothing to prove nor gain.

I like to play videogames for fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Scrim sweats would be better if they banned the meta all the way

lovely weapons only would be way more fun than this pick and choose poo poo

We did "sweats" last night.

It was 6 guys using swords vs me using skull fort.

It was pretty fun.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Because I'm a 35 year old man with a stressful job, a pregnant wife, kids and a house to run.

I find no enjoyment from sweats. I have been there and done that. I have nothing to prove nor gain.

I like to play videogames for fun.

:chloe:

Fine, don't tell us.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

:chloe:

Fine, don't tell us.

Ok. You got me. I just needed the loot.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I hope i can actually use these next season

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dude that's enough for 1x halfway decent Last Perdition probably

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I mean you can do both. You really wouldn't enjoy playing matches against people in your clan or other top Aus/NZ clans?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Not matches, "scrims". There's no reason to assume a destiny fan would like scrims any more than a Halo fan would enjoy grifball, or Mongoose Racing

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Apprentice Dick posted:

Sweat rules were updated on stream with a few of the notable PvP groups. BSK, Primal, and a few others all had input as well as the sweat discord. All of their reasoning was pretty solid, and the tournament they ran using those rules seemed way more fun the 90% of QP games. Also who cares about the sweat rules unless you are playing in tournaments or want to play scrims in the discord.

Yeah, as much as some of the rules make sense, there's just as many jammed in there that don't and only exist because it's someone's baby play style that they've been surviving on for years. as to the reason most people just play QP, because comp is a laggy mess past 1500 and most competition days require you do give up your entire day while people sort out brackets and everything else they want to mess around with.

I'm not going to tell anyone not to play privates or scrims but when the whole community is a bunch of petty dudes in their late teens and early 20s who cry constantly that everything is unfair except the poo poo they main it's understandable why a lot of people go "nah I'm good" and would rather enjoy themselves with their friends for an hour or two in QP instead.

The most fun games i've ever played were at the tail end of D1 when there weren't really any rules, there was just 8 people in a party / lobby just picking a map and wailing away on each other or doing stuff like 6v6 elimination for shits and giggles. Sweaty players sure, but no one cried about rules or subclasses and just played. I played a bit of clan rumble before my clan fell apart which was fun as well. There weren't any rules there either. At a certain point when everything is quantified and codified and the community behind it isn't fun to be around - it feels like work rather than fun and that's the same reason I don't play gambit - it's boring and lame and bad.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I mean you can do both. You really wouldn't enjoy playing matches against people in your clan or other top Aus/NZ clans?

I already do to an extent. But i dont find enjoyment in it.

My play style is built around exploiting the meta using off meta things. Most of which are banned in sweat anyways. So id have to change my entire play style and setup. My most used gun in PvP is a sidearm.

The young fellas in the clan are just so drat fast and their reaction times are unbelievable. So i leave the clan sweat heavy work to them. Its simply not worth the hassle considering my zero factor enjoyment of it.

After losing a Trails of Osirs win streak on 199 in D1 i consider my 200 comp win streak to be me hanging up the boots of really giving a poo poo of playing at that level and i just enjoy making GBS threads on cunts in qp while talking poo poo with the boys.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bone Krew six stacks try to poo poo on people in QP, but because we all try to win solo and get salty when people aren't heroes, we end up getting poo poo on.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Wait so you can't use a sidearm in "sweats?"

Do they complain about SMGs too?

What a bunch of babies

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Insane Totoro posted:

What a bunch of babies

you can use sidearms and smgs just fine, except for recluse

he's probably talking about wavesplitter and twilight oath. twilight oath because it can kill anyone in two rapid shots to the leg

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

What a bunch of babies

Nah i can use the sidearm, though i do get bitched at about it.

But not my 140 snipers. Or wavesplitter. Or fusion. Which are my 3 go to counter meta weapons.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about

CheeseFactory posted:

I hope i can actually use these next season

TWAB we are happy to announce that we are retiring tokens as of next season, you will be able to trade them in for glimmer (please note to trade you will also require 5 enhancement cores).

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Maybe I'm old and finally getting too busy at work to fully comprehend but isn't the point of being Sweaty to get good at everything in the game before you get got good because you didn't get good?

Sort of like how you did Nazi the Germans coming through somewhere other than the Maginot Line

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not matches, "scrims". There's no reason to assume a destiny fan would like scrims any more than a Halo fan would enjoy grifball, or Mongoose Racing

gently caress you buddy, Grifball and Rocket Race owned

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"why wouldn't you want to come play No items, Final D with a bunch of racist clowns?"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fuckin hero in action right here boys

https://i.imgur.com/dpk3N5E.gifv

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48058

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Confirmed that either vanilla or Prime Gambit is getting cut or they're being merged

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's a start

Factoid: Whisper's Eververse ornaments alone paid for Zero Hour's development

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

And we promise not to oust you from society at large the way anyone else who reads that entire thing should be.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

you're a poster on the SA forums, stop pretending you're respectable enough to not read video game blogs

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

Factoid: Whisper's Eververse ornaments alone paid for Zero Hour's development

Once again, you're all welcome. You're also welcome for the next thing paid for by Outbreak ornaments.

You're welcome.

Thank you, you're welcome.

Roman posted:

you're a poster on the SA forums, stop pretending you're respectable enough to not read video game blogs

This isn't a matter of my dignity, it's a matter of my laziness meeting the mongoloid rage I get filled with when I have to exert effort at understanding Destiny.

It's really not a lot, but I can't handle much.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 13, 2019

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

maybe I'll summarize later but I gotta go back to work. basically acknowledging most of the complaints of the last few months. quick note that all the annual pass stuff was made at about the same time which is why they didn't seem to learn from each other's mistakes

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Hope yall boys like Gambit Prime, as it will be the only choice.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I've never read so much that said so little.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

There are more changes coming in Shadowkeep (buffs to things like Scout Rifles, nerfs to mechanics that circumvent the ammo economy, refactoring of the way damage stacking rules work) -- we're gonna talk about it in the next episode.

Looks like outbreak prime is getting a nerf and maybe well of radiance won’t be the universally most important pve super in the game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

it just looks like nothing was said because it's everything everyone has already been saying since the annual pass

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Read it yourself, think of it as a giant meta lore drop

If you want a tldr it's that Luke is aware of and agrees with most of the complaints the community airs but the reality of development is that the ongoing Destiny process does not turn on a dime. It will always take much longer than anyone inside or outside Bungie would like for the feedback cycle to complete and the live game to reflect reactions to past content. Most gamer smarks like us already knew all this but it's good that he laid it all out in a high profile place where it will get reported on and distributed.

Specific points:

-Reckoning was designed around Phoenix Protocol and well abuse, this is acknowledged as a mistake

-Building an entirely new set of mechanics for each season (chalice, mote processor, etc) is not sustainable

-They are looking for ways to make weekly resets/powerful drops not seem like an overwhelmingly long list of chores. Maybe some will be removed as they age, maybe some will be clearly more powerful than others, they're not sure yet

-Preview of the Shadowkeep pursuit screen redesign. Bounties and quests/mechanic objects will be separated

-They are going to decide whether future Gambit updates will go to prime or basic, it won't be both

-Whisper ornaments in Eververse paid for Zero Hour/Outbreak Perfected

-Hasapiko was inspired by Heigan the Unclean from WoW

-Future wall of text topics: Supers and PVP, armor mods, prime engrams, buff stacking

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 13, 2019

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

They're 100% gonna nerf Lunafactions/rally barricade, there's a good bit in there about how unhappy they are with things that circumvent ammo mechanics.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

yamdankee posted:

I've never read so much that said so little.

Bungie!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how all that talk before Opulence about how infinite supers were ruining how they were designing encounters for the game, but nah, it was actually exactly one exotic and super that caused the problems.

But nerf all super regeneration exotics anyways, just in case!!

Warlocks are just the worst.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

There wasn’t much said except trials and tribulations about pas texperiwnces with poorly designed mechanics. Their velveeta team that tries to discover cheeses to encounters has done a horrible job all around.

Some good things to know:

-everyone should get Oxygen SR4 pinnacle vanguard weapon because the scout rifle buff coming will assuredly make that OP. Also get other good scouts and save them.

-the new pursuits tab will have a hotkey binding and be much better as posted above. I think it’s heavily suggested it will use some intelligent sorting to keep things organized.

-reckoning will probably be easier, and weapon/armor drops easier to get because he feels so sorry for it’s current state. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it possible to farm weapons like in chalice but with your synth.. in some fashion.

-yeah gambit is going to change a lot. We will probably see gambit prime but toned down, or normal gambit with fewer rounds; some way of melding the two. This feeds into the above. They’ll make it much easier to get the gambit specific armor and then much more important to utilize that in the new gambit. His dream is clearly to have everyone playing specific roles in a gambit mode that’s quick per round, accessible to every player, but also challenging. I think that would be great honestly because the roles make it a unique game experience.

-EP will never get matchmaking.

-I think this release is building up to something being said and done about menageries chest problem.

-they are going to shift powerful rewards somehow. Maybe very old content like story missions or dreaming city becomes legendary,, or stays powerful but they are +1 drops. While new stuff becomes the true powerful or simply just more rewarding like two max drop items per activity. His whole take was that there are too many sources but also players feel obligated to do these sources every week, thus having to do stuff that’s months old and gruesomely repetitive. I would not be surprised at all if certain director activities like story missions, daily adventure, hell maybe even the flashpoint, just get deleted to tighten the experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

-EP will never get matchmaking.
when I was going for wayfarer a month back it wasn't hard to find randoms playing it, and i still see people playing doing it now. you can do it with like 4 people, the 9 man thing really isn't necessary now