Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Vonnegut rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 28, 2020

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im good at mafia

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
mafia protip all the days before lylo dont matter just walk the fine line of being not so scummy you get lynched and not so towny you get nkd and then just win at lylo

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I was good at Mafia when I had time to pay more. Now I can't bribe any mods

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I've lost every single game I've played as town.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I've lost every single game I've played as town.
Lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I missed my Lukes diner smh

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 28, 2020

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Are the persona games really that good?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
jordan peele of key and peele made a horror movie and it looks really drat good. was not expecting that

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

totino boy posted:

jordan peele of key and peele made a horror movie and it looks really drat good. was not expecting that

Whats the name? I've always thought those dudes were talented.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

totino boy posted:

i said this same thing today, it looks real good

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
it's called Get Out

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina posted:

I watched the English version, but they are identical movies so I don't really know why people ask which one I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-kGHIy08o

Like it's the same director doing a shot-for-shot remake using the same sets or remade sets using the same blueprints.

In any case it was a garbage movie with no redeeming values. I can't imagine anyone but the most condescending holier than thou arthouse type enjoying a single thing about it. I would think less of anyone who said they enjoyed it.

They Look Like People (which is on Netflix) is about a late 20-something dude staying with his friend but he sees monsters that look like they are people. Is he just crazy or is there a real threat? It's a really good movie that has like 3 characters (3.5 technically) and they have really great and natural interactions with each other. They really feel like real people. T

I enjoyed this movie, thanks Asiina!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am decent at mafia but I approach it very differently than a lot of people

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm an okay player but I'm extremely ballsy so that rounds me up to good.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol scum won that Mafia universe game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Lol scum won that Mafia universe game.

:cripes:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have a lot to learn, but I am proud of our scum team. Good job CapitalistPig, Krunge, Jimson on a well deserved victory.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
nvm I wont comment on hydra game yet

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DickBastardly posted:

I have a lot to learn, but I am proud of our scum team. Good job CapitalistPig, Krunge, Jimson on a well deserved victory.

I hope you had fun!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

nvm I wont comment on hydra game yet

I mean unless the setup spec is wrong, it's over. They lynched a townie on D3 when it was 5 town/3 scum. I guess the claimed vig could have lied about trying to shoot N2, but since scum should have a RB, they can just block him to be sure and kill anyone else and they win the game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
God dammit. I'm already coming down from whatever stupid hormonal bullshit made me play that last day like that. I'm sorry, guys.

Maybe I'm not ready for Mafia yet after all.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

God dammit. I'm already coming down from whatever stupid hormonal bullshit made me play that last day like that. I'm sorry, guys.

Maybe I'm not ready for Mafia yet after all.

I think you played much better on the last day honestly. You pegged Cpig after his aggro hammer and that really made it weird for us.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I just down right lost it toward the end, keeping up falsities is not easy! I really should keep notes next time haha

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 6, 2016

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the secret to being good to mafia, is to ALWAYS have a funny picture ready

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Town of Salem with pubbies might be the most illuminating experience of my mafia posting career

You can straight up lie about things that happened yesterday and no one will call you

You can also claim someone is scum with no evidence and start a train

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GulagDolls posted:

GulagDolls has a natural advantage because he can just take a selfie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DickBastardly posted:

I think you played much better on the last day honestly. You pegged Cpig after his aggro hammer and that really made it weird for us.
My thoughts were right (to a point), but my methods were wrong.

I'm really, really sorry, guys. I won't make excuses, that was just straight up lovely of me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dick if you want a new game to play come join us http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3792881&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#pti12

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok i need help with a 1 shot modern game i am running in a couple weeks, the story i have so far (and please suspend disbelief i understand its not an accurate representation of how it would work irl) is that a group of people wake up on a space station , in orbit around earth and the last thing they remember is just being in their normal lives on earth and seeing a big flash in the sky. One of them is an astronaut / mechanical engineer and pilots them back to earth because the station begins to go critical to find that there is no one else left but them and everything on the planet is covered in a greasy pink film. There are huge man sized bug creatures (think thri keen from dnd) everywhere trying to kill them and they hole up in an old government underground facility under Washington DC and slowly unravel the mystery of what happened. The part i need help with is , well, what happened? I can't think of anything good.

Kashuno already suggested bioweapons/nuclear war but that is like so typical.

I want something that'll really pop.

I need something i can split up into clues to spread through the facility that the characters can use their knoweldge from before this event plus the clues to piece together what happened over the course of a 4-6 hour game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Rapture, and the space station was Limbo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidthulhu posted:

The Rapture, and the space station was Limbo

Im not sure the players would like the whole religion angle tbh, but i like this :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Maybe they only all THINK they're on earth and really they got abducted by the flash of light and they're really in a big bottle city or something

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok i need help with a 1 shot modern game i am running in a couple weeks, the story i have so far (and please suspend disbelief i understand its not an accurate representation of how it would work irl) is that a group of people wake up on a space station , in orbit around earth and the last thing they remember is just being in their normal lives on earth and seeing a big flash in the sky. One of them is an astronaut / mechanical engineer and pilots them back to earth because the station begins to go critical to find that there is no one else left but them and everything on the planet is covered in a greasy pink film. There are huge man sized bug creatures (think thri keen from dnd) everywhere trying to kill them and they hole up in an old government underground facility under Washington DC and slowly unravel the mystery of what happened. The part i need help with is , well, what happened? I can't think of anything good.

Kashuno already suggested bioweapons/nuclear war but that is like so typical.

I want something that'll really pop.

I need something i can split up into clues to spread through the facility that the characters can use their knoweldge from before this event plus the clues to piece together what happened over the course of a 4-6 hour game.

The bugs were humans once and the crew were the ones who caused it. After they learn the terrible truth they can choose to die or become bugs.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Doin it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
wow good suggestions nice nice i like it