Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

due to inflation and rising ammunition costs, 50 cent's name would have been 4 dollars 50 cent if he had been shot with 9 bullets in 2024.

a series of angry will stencil posts about how everyone is just too dumb to realize how good bullet prices actually are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCGzRQjX2eQ&t=96s

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Yes, that's what I've been arguing. Marxism is about understanding patterns of exploitation, including this one.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that boy can't help hisself

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cspam creates thread mascot posters who happened to know about something relevant and then since they are goons it goes to their head and they post bad and think they poo poo vanilla ice cream and then cspam tears them back down.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

None of the 9/11 attacks were faked.

The plane was controlled by al-Qaeda hijackers as it crashed into the Pentagon.

Neither Bush nor Cheney knew that al-Qaeda was going to fly planes into the twin towers on 9/11.

The targets weren't chosen to destroy records or launder money.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

You see why there's nothing for me to engage with there? It's not idiosyncratic, it's not out of step with cultural or historical context, I think I've usually presented thorough argumentation supported by literature, and I'm consistent.

If I'm out of step with a C-SPAM Volksgeist, it's probably due to demographic origin, education, profession, which is no different from how people develop opinions about bicycles and pit bulls that are perfectly ordinary except to the people reacting to them.

quod erat demonstrandum

i don't even want to know your opinion on bicycles

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
He's probably got one of those stupid old timey ones with the big wheel!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

everybody have sex with a prostitute this weekend and we will reconvene monday to discuss what we learned

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

The targets weren't chosen to destroy records or launder money.

They were chosen to avoid liability for the towers collapsing on their own and to distract from only caring about the towers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dokapon Findom posted:

He's probably got one of those stupid old timey ones with the big wheel!

velocipede

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

watch it man you can get banned for calling someone that

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Spergin Morlock posted:

i don't even want to know your opinion on bicycles

I think everybody owes it to themselves to put up a century at least once a week, at least once summer of their lives.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jeffrey.. epstein

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

epstine

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

There's no meaningful evidence of aliens visiting earth.

Lee Harvey Oswald could have made the shots.

Remote Viewing never worked.

Jeffery Epstein is dead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

epstine

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Jeffery Epstein is dead.

I didnt even know he was sick :(

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Let the person who has not been probed for failing to understand the lumpen, which Marx and Engels classified prostitutes as in The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte, cast the first stone.

and why are they lumpen

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
and so close to the weekend ...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol.

/to donald barr, standing off screen: "wait, how is my name spelled again?"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

post hole digger posted:

I didnt even know he was sick :(

yeah, Jeffery Epstein was really sick for a long time :(

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bedpan posted:

talk about the beat dropping

oof

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Zodium posted:

and why are they lumpen

"If you give a man a quote, you are probed for six hours. If you teach him to read a book you do him a good turn."

- The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

aids

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

You see why there's nothing for me to engage with there? It's not idiosyncratic, it's not out of step with cultural or historical context, I think I've usually presented thorough argumentation supported by literature, and I'm consistent.

If I'm out of step with a C-SPAM Volksgeist, it's probably due to demographic origin, education, profession, which is no different from how people develop opinions about bicycles and pit bulls that are perfectly ordinary except to the people reacting to them.

quod erat demonstrandum

Here, let me be blunt: you have lovely opinion about women and sex, and they seem to come from your religion. Also your statement about how sex work been historically opposed across cultures isn't accurate, as there are plenty that tolerated it, even legalized it. Even if your statement was factual, that doesn't support opposing it in a hypothetical situation post-proletariat victory in a coercion-free environment as things like homosexuality and being Irish have also been strongly opposed by cultures and civilizations. Should we look to their wise ways too?

No, this weirdness about uncoerced sex work (because OF COURSE coerced sex work is bad, that's just slavery) is, in my opinion, 100% residual Protestant worldview that has seeped into every nook and cranny in the Anglosphere 's culture. It's loving gross and it should stop.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mlyp

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
In truth, the underlying philosophy isn't any more complicated than the Every Sperm is Sacred song from The Meaning of Life

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I love it when two opposed moral positions just endlessly smack against each other to no end

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

post hole digger posted:

everybody have sex with a prostitute this weekend and we will reconvene monday to discuss what we learned

mutual aid request so i can afford to do so!

and someone to approach the sex worker on my behalf as im quite shy!!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Is real and there isn’t strong evidence that there was ever a secret project to use it for anything. (Publicly not caring because and laughing at people who care isn’t secret.)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The trilateral commission doesn't control poo poo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Thanks to lead in aviation fuel and the effects of contrails on global warming, chemtrails are effectively real.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Trabisnikof posted:

Thanks to lead in aviation fuel and the effects of contrails on global warming, chemtrails are effectively real.

They were always real and you're going to see more of them again!

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

mycomancy posted:

homosexuality and being Irish.

I'm going to tell you right now, you're out of your depth.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

In over your head punk

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I'm showing incredible restraint right now by not sharing the irl riffs I'm doing

Mods should reward me, there should be an opposite of probation

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

you are always-already bald

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I suppose I fundamentally don't agree with the statement that there are some people who would still engage engage in sex work even if you removed all of the economic coercion and precarity out of it

Like, yeah, there would be people who enjoy casual sex, sure, but to suggest that, in a classless society, your "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need" contribution is to have sex with other people, as a transaction, when you otherwise wouldn't need to? That someone would agree to that? I don't buy it.

This is probably an intractable disagreement, so I won't take it further unless I can be proven wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

I suppose I fundamentally don't agree with the statement that there are some people who would still engage engage in sex work even if you removed all of the economic coercion and precarity out of it

Like, yeah, there would be people who enjoy casual sex, sure, but to suggest that, in a classless society, your "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need" contribution is to have sex with other people, as a transaction, when you otherwise wouldn't need to? That someone would agree to that? I don't buy it.

This is probably an intractable disagreement, so I won't take it further unless I can be proven wrong.

i can't imagine anyone doing that either, but "what will X work be like in the classless society" is basically not something you need to think about until you're at least fairly close to abolishing class. until then all work is coerced, and some people end up in sex work, and it's better they have rights than not.