Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I've only been to Germany once ( to Leipzig) but we found and old abandoned locomotive storage yard, like the one from Thomas the Tank Engine at the end of the episodes.

People were having a rollerblading competition in it. It was neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Raskolnikov38 posted:

prague is terrible, primarily thanks to british men

every euro city with a river is alternately invaded with drunk football hooligans and wide bottom river cruise boats full of boomer americans

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

kecske posted:

every euro city with a river is alternately invaded with drunk football hooligans and wide bottom river cruise boats full of boomer americans

prague has been transformed into a brothel for drunk british men

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Right, mates, we need to buy Ronaldo, everyone chip in a fiver. oh wait, only 3 non-UK players per team, thanks brexit

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

prague has been transformed into a brothel for drunk british men

Well, that's one thing Brexit would fix.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

The Germans really do love trains though. Like so much they occasionally insist you board one and take a ride somewhere even if you don't want to.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Money for nothing, Brexits for free.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

The Germans really do love trains though. Like so much they occasionally insist you board one and take a ride somewhere even if you don't want to.

Lol

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

When brexit happens proud Brits will finally stand up to those Krauts by not running the trains anywhere at all.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrmcd posted:

yowza

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
There should be less beer tourists to Germany because their beer is overrated but there should be more wine tourists to Germany because their wine is underrated.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mrmcd posted:

:ohno:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

mrmcd posted:

everything in moderation, i say

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please let's not conjoin trains and moderation again

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Germany is a lovely country and germans are friendly and welcoming and have a healthy attitude of guilt over their country's imperial crimes. It's like the opposite of England.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah the English making fun of nazis for killing people because of the racisms is a real :ironicat:

BTW I'm reading Late Victorian Holocausts and it's a real good tally of our crimes and the most "interesting" bit is seeing the origin of all our awful attitude that still exist to this day, expressed in newspapers that still exist and expect respect

There's a great bit where rhe Economist, while millions are dying due to free market famine, has a go at the one guy who managed to prevent famine in his province for "teaching indolent Indians that the government has a responsiblility to keep them alive". His policies meant that only 23 people died of famine under his watch.

He was so badly shamed in London and the press for this that the next famine he went full psycho and killed millions like everyone else, sending his skeletonised population on deathmarches and being furious at them for lamenting

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Prague, Strasbourg and Salzburg are the best german cities

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Oct 11, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

please let's not conjoin trains and moderation again

Did you defeat him with Cosby pictures before or after Cosby was outed as a rapist?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

ka chow whats poppin fellow gammons its ya boi boris back at it again with the brexit

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Evergeen comic.

mrmcd posted:

Their airports are hilariously bad though. Tegel is like viewing the artwork of someone with mental illness. Didn't go to Schonefeld because they only have barely functioning airlines to other eu cities. The third airport... doesn't exist.

omg they loving are
I've been through Frankfurt and Munich and aggggggghhhhh

prefect posted:

Der Fonkybeatz

Beyond all logic the Germans are actually drat good at EDM.

Grape has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Oct 11, 2019

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Grape posted:

omg they loving are

Then I'm really relieved I decided on just taking the train to Berlin in a week's time instead.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Grape posted:

Evergeen comic.

omg they loving are

Beyond all logic the Germans are actually drat good at EDM.

I had to spend the night in the Frankfurt airport once because Lufthansa changed our flight time and didn’t notify us. Then they wouldn’t give us new tickets because it was against policy, we had to call Continental or whatever their partner in the US is to get it changed without having to buy new tickets.

I wanted to buy a pillow and a blanket because we had to sleep there to catch the morning flight, but there weren’t any stores selling poo poo like that. They do have plenty of jewelry stores and places to buy €3000 suits though.

gently caress the Frankfurt airport and double gently caress Lufthansa.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Southern europe is better than northern europe actually.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
anyone who buys a 3 grand suit in a loving airport unironically deserves the guillotine

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

i say swears online posted:

Prague, Strasbourg and Salzburg are the best german cities

Strasbourg is Alsatian

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Drunkboxer posted:

I had to spend the night in the Frankfurt airport once because Lufthansa changed our flight time and didn’t notify us. Then they wouldn’t give us new tickets because it was against policy, we had to call Continental or whatever their partner in the US is to get it changed without having to buy new tickets.

I wanted to buy a pillow and a blanket because we had to sleep there to catch the morning flight, but there weren’t any stores selling poo poo like that. They do have plenty of jewelry stores and places to buy €3000 suits though.

gently caress the Frankfurt airport and double gently caress Lufthansa.

This almost happened to me in Munich, where the time to catch my connecting flight after getting off the first one was literally impossible. They tried stonewalling me but I think I looked angry enough that they made it work out.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

420 Gank Mid posted:

Strasbourg is Alsatian

Istanbul is the finest Greek city.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dC3SLKduY

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

bitmap posted:

ka chow whats poppin fellow gammons its ya boi boris back at it again with the brexit

Did that Sainsbury's event cause PTSD or has posting on sa inured your brain to stuff like that?

Jose has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Oct 11, 2019

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Grape posted:

Istanbul is the finest Greek city.

Buddy i know people fluent in German and French and when they hear an Alsatian speak their eyes glaze over and their ears bleed pickled cabbage.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

420 Gank Mid posted:

Buddy i know people fluent in German and French and when they hear an Alsatian speak their eyes glaze over and their ears bleed pickled cabbage.

Digging deeper so that the WHOOSH may go even higher over one's head is an interesting choice.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jose posted:

Did you defeat him with Cosby pictures before or after Cosby was outed as a rapist?

significantly before. i don;t think i've cosbied ever since the whole "is a rapist" thing came out

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

420 Gank Mid posted:

a dog... that talks!?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

hakimashou posted:

Southern europe is better than northern europe actually.

not if you’re black

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

lol that BoJo is doing the Turmp long tie thing.

Also come to Northern Ireland, we have an airport named after a guy who died from years of chronic alcohol abuse. Just the thing to inspire confidence in the overworked underpaid people in charge of flying you to your destinattion.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Raffles posted:

not if you’re black

Or female.... kinda.

Southern Europe is weird, because the local women are tougher than either women or men in the north.
Unfortunately the sexism from the men is also way stronger so. :shrug:

Everyone, absolutely everyone, is macho.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

But really all of this is moot because of the food factor.
Just absolute unquestioned violent domination.
Possibly the biggest neighboring imbalance on earth.

France kinda mucks it up, but maybe it's the Romance language factor. Like even in the frigid rocky woods of the north, speaking something like that naturally spices the soul up.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
if we examine the skull of the average mediterranean person, we can see that they are inherently dispositioned towards certain types and flavours of food,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

redleader posted:

if we examine the skull of the average mediterranean person, we can see that they are inherently dispositioned towards certain types and flavours of food,

same with British people to be fair, except replace ‘food’ with ‘tasteless muck’.