Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I support the decision. Kid's got moxie!

IDK, they didn't go through the trouble of knolling it. Not really all that insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Sometimes the designers will put weird coloured parts in just cos they want to. The designer of the Voltron set loves teal so he snuck a few teal parts in just to have them there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty much all the blue brick variants look fantastic and should be used whenever possible.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

xzzy posted:

Pretty much all the blue brick variants look fantastic and should be used whenever possible.

Yeah, when I was a kid there was one blue. Opening up a mix pack of colors now is like dumping out a candy store; so many loving gorgeous hues

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Oh hello there.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
A really good example of the colour-coded internal bricks is the Creator pirate ship - it has a lot of symmetrical subassemblies and each side of the ship uses a unique internal colour. Port subassemblies use green, starboard uses red, fore is blue and aft is yellow (I might have the specific colours wrong but you get the idea).

Also, excited to see what the SW probe droid looks like.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

DrChud posted:

Oh hello there.

Marvel CMF’s??

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

VaultAggie posted:

Marvel CMF’s??

And Marvel helmets!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

VaultAggie posted:

Marvel CMF’s??

Don’t get too excited, it’s just sixteen iterations of Iron Man armor.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Blue Moonlight posted:

You say that like it is a bad thing

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Blue Moonlight posted:

My wallet is ready

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

That modern family house and all the season 2 Super Mario stuff look rad.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Oxyclean posted:

IDK, they didn't go through the trouble of knolling it. Not really all that insane.

I don't know why anyone bothers with it. Pieces are already sorted into plenty of bags, so if you do a bag at a time, you don't need to knoll, because you'll locate the piece you need pretty quickly anyway. And if you're one-piling, why would you want to pre-search and sort out the parts that were already sorted for you?

Anyway, friends, if you like repetition in your building, this set may still test your patience!

Each of the segments above get their own set of instructions. Each piece is nearly identical, but no two parts are exactly alike. This makes it hard to get into any kind of building-two-bits-at-once rhythm. Joining the segments is a pain too. The segments crumble when any pressure is applied to the wrong spot, which has happened more than once.

Gonna look really nice when it's done though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I definitely do not want that set.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Scipiotik posted:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-neuheiten-2021-2-halbjahr/115231/

Bunch of leaks for next wave. Most interesting to me is a creator 3 in 1 castle and more speed champions.

The best guess on Eurobricks for the Koenigsegg is a Jesko, and that's what I'd guess, too.

The Toyota is really interesting! The guy who broke the news on EB is guessing a TS050, but I sure hope not - we've had plenty of similar touring cars. It could be the new(ish) Supra I suppose, but again, my fingers are really crossed here for another classic. I almost dare not wish it aloud, but a 2000GT would be next level.

The McLaren is almost certainly a blue Elva to match the 30343 polybag, in the same way the 30342 Huracan polybag matched its 2020 Speed Champions Lamborghini release.

The Chevy and Dodge sets are almost certainly 2-packs, and the price disparity is interesting. A similar price disparity existed in the 2020 sets due to Lambo tax. I am actually pretty excited at the prospect of a classic Chevy here. They already did the Camaro in a 2-pack, so the Corvette (past and present) makes the most sense to me.

Dodge is kind of a wild card. We're drowning in Chargers at this point with 3 different sets featuring a '69 or '70 Dodge Charger in 3 years. We already had the Challenger in its modern form in the SRT Demon. The Viper is discontinued. What's it going to be? I guess they could flip the formula from last time and give us a classic Challenger with a modern Charger? Someone tell me what Dodge is even up to these days that hasn't been tapped by Speed Champions / LEGO already. If they are actually bold enough to give us a 2-pack with just two classic cars instead of a modern one (because again, what would they use?) I will forgive the fat price tag and buy it on day one.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 13, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I did the 1st bag of the new modular and have to say that that might be the best 1st bag in a modular yet. Already 1 "what am I building here? Ooooooh, cool." Along with another bit that I don't even know what it is yet, and the standard tiles and building frame that is the usual bag 1 stuff.

Thumbs up so far.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

When are the vaunted paper bags supposed to be coming in?

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

It ticks me off a bit that the 4th box of the Colosseum is labeled IIII and not IV.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did Toyota get their stick out of their rear end about licensing their cars? For a while they didn't want to license any of their cool cars because no one wanted to license their boring current cars.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

OperaMouse posted:

It ticks me off a bit that the 4th box of the Colosseum is labeled IIII and not IV.

:same:

I’m intrigued by the Marvel CMFs, it might let them go obscure, or just fill in MCU character gaps. I can absolutely see a Peggy Carter happening.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

OperaMouse posted:

It's an extra accurate little detail, I thought?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sloppy posted:

Is there a good reason why the interior bits of modern Lego sets are random colors? Gotta say I hate it.

This years is a Porsche 911. It's leaked already.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Any ideas what we think this feature is

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
That's just a pin in a rubber bushing right? Probably just wiggles a little.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Any ideas what we think this feature is

I think wiggling the joystick moves the 1 x 2 printed tile inside the machine a bit

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Noticed the Elf Club House was in stock so I grabbed that, then threw in a backorder for the bouquet for Valentine's day, then those two roses for $13 just to push me over for the free ice rink. Christmas display gonna be pretty sweet this year.

Seems like there's a bunch back in stock right now.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

davebo posted:

Noticed the Elf Club House was in stock so I grabbed that, then threw in a backorder for the bouquet for Valentine's day, then those two roses for $13 just to push me over for the free ice rink. Christmas display gonna be pretty sweet this year.

Seems like there's a bunch back in stock right now.

Agreed, basically everything is either in stock or can be ordered for later shipment, including things like assembly square.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Going to be an irresponsible parent* and employee and leave my kids at home while I head to the brick and mortar store for opening tomorrow to get Gardens. Got $50 in VIP credit to burn on it as well.

*not really, the oldest is a teenager and they're in virtual school

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Scipiotik posted:

Agreed, basically everything is either in stock or can be ordered for later shipment, including things like assembly square.

I noticed assembly square which is pretty significant, but of. the 10 items on my lego.com wishlist only two could actually be ordered. None of the power functions stuff or the diner came back, but still, a pretty big resupply/preorder of stuff they're expecting to get in

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
This thread is costing me too much money but drat I love these stupid plastic bricks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

Not the Hidden Side stuff. :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1349407561926258689?s=21

Guess I’m buying this in May.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kind of surprised it's not the fan-choice thing from a yearish ago? But I guess the lead time is longer then I realize.

Somewhat thankful for my wallet - I only really go for the UCS Star Wars ships.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Have there been any pictures of this leaked yet?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Have there been any pictures of this leaked yet?

Not that I’m aware of, just the listing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's an extra accurate little detail, I thought?

Ya Romans used both IIII and IV. And I think the section four gate at arenas was labeled IIII not IV since it's easier to read at a distance, same reason some clocks use it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I lust noticed this set has come out in the Creator 3-in-1. It’s really cheap and comes with this great Spyrion/Roboforce-esque minifig.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

For me this depends heavily on how smooth they can make the head.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's gonna be set 10225 exactly but they fill the holes with a new cheese wedge that's a 1x1 version of this .

Same instruction book too, they just print an addendum that tells you were to place the slopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
See, that set is incomprehensible to me. They do the top of the legs perfectly smooth, but the head is straight up VW Beetle 10187, when it should be 10252.

(Same with 2 out of the 3 Star Wars helmets.)