Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Best ninja 250 ever?

Yes.

Too bad it will bog to poo poo, driving a 200 rear tire like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Best motorcycle action shots I've seen in a while:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536451

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

drat. That's why I wanted an SLR. Does he do a show and tell on his photo setup in that thread?

edit: he fukken hand shoots that poo poo

Ola fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 14, 2010

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Riding up through the redwoods on a motorcycle is definitely on my list of things to do now.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Z3n posted:

Stunnas are the new gangbangers. I've already had a couple of PMs from them telling me that they're going to beat me up. :haw:

For some reason, I'm not too concerned. :xd:

Z3n you jerk.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hahaha, that's brilliant.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Ola posted:

drat. That's why I wanted an SLR. Does he do a show and tell on his photo setup in that thread?

edit: he fukken hand shoots that poo poo

I have no idea how he hand shoots that. I love the sequence of shots with the goldwing in the opposite lane trying to keep pace with his group. He's freaking taking pictures left handed while maintaining a better line.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Revenant.Eagle posted:

I have no idea how he hand shoots that. I love the sequence of shots with the goldwing in the opposite lane trying to keep pace with his group. He's freaking taking pictures left handed while maintaining a better line.

He posts about it later in the thread, dude apparently used to be one hell of a racer and has devised some trick way of left-hand shooting while looking at the road at all times. Its loving nuts.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

redscare posted:

He posts about it later in the thread, dude apparently used to be one hell of a racer and has devised some trick way of left-hand shooting while looking at the road at all times. Its loving nuts.
Crazy stuff to be doing with a $3000+ camera!

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 1000x524 image.

Click here for the full 1100x733 image.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Homeboy has some awesome luck with a few of his shots. His says that this is not HDR and earlier in the thread he says he doesn't know how to use photoshop.

Click here for the full 1100x807 image.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Silver posted:

Z3n you jerk.

:3:

Those ADV rider shots are amazing. Dude's got skills...riding with no gloves though, :cry:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

:3:

Those ADV rider shots are amazing. Dude's got skills...riding with no gloves though, :cry:

I think he said he takes the glove off to shoot and then puts it back on again.

Personally, I just use a lovely point and shoot and put the wrist strap around my gloved wrist, but what do I know.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

redscare posted:

I think he said he takes the glove off to shoot and then puts it back on again.

Personally, I just use a lovely point and shoot and put the wrist strap around my gloved wrist, but what do I know.

Click here for the full 1100x752 image.

If someone told me that was the new promo shot for the GSX-R, I'd believe them without a doubt. Fantastic shot. Made it to page 2 before we started getting into the wheelie shots. :xd:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'm going to put the camera on my RAM mount and shoot in series or with remote control. Might get another RAM base mount as well for moving it around to cool angles.

I'm also seeing the older GoPros going for chump change on eBay as people are upgrading. Here's a dream setup on a realistic budget:

1x GoPro HD
2x older GoPros
1x stereo field recorder with a wind sock

GoPro HD points forward, one older GoPro on handlebars points towards rider for maxxx egos and the other goes somewhere really funky like on the swingarm pointing backwards or whatever.

Sound recorder becomes master sync device. Just switch on all the cameras, then the sound recorder. Then simply show the recorder's panel with time elapsed to all the cameras. This makes sound sync really easy. You load the audio in the editor software and then drag the video files so each frame with the recorder in lines up with the time stamp in the audio file. Just like Hollywood!

Sound recorder gets secured in a location sheltered from wind and riding commences. Edit, post to internets, collect many 5s.

First thing I'm trying come spring is my point and shoot secured with some vibe dampening and my cell phone as audio recorder. It doesn't have gain control so it will probably suck, but it will be a good experiment.

Speaking of ride recordings, I posted this link in the old AI megathread (I think), it's a norwegian guy who did plenty of recording some years ago. Probably DV, don't know if he used external audio but it sounds and looks great.

http://www.roadmc.com

Thankfully he's uploaded his vids to youtube. There are all roads I posted in my 3 days in Western Norway report. (don't worry about the horrible intros, it goes over to great engine audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0P2HeIa2Ms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTCLDP9TjCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgITZV0-O_A

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

frozenphil posted:

Homeboy has some awesome luck with a few of his shots. His says that this is not HDR and earlier in the thread he says he doesn't know how to use photoshop.

Click here for the full 1100x807 image.

He pretty much has to shoot in auto as far as I can tell, too. But he's also using a badass camera with live view and probably a bad rear end lens. But yeah, drat awesome luck.

Nevermind.

frank likes to ride posted:

Canon 16-35mm f2.8L on all the riding shots, but just picked up a Canon 15mm fish-eye, so will give that a go next.

For riding shots I mostly use shutter priority. Shutter speeds 1/80 to 1/250, depending on how bumpy the road is and how fast I'm going. When heading into the sun I sometimes use manual mode.

A pretty good lens, but he's on shutter priority and probably did that tree shot on manual. Holy poo poo man.

Click here for the full 1100x733 image.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 15, 2010

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Given there's no motion blur, I bet the tree shot was stationary. Doesn't detract from its awesomeness.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah true. The other shot is pretty crazy, though. Considering he only has one hand on the bars and the other is hanging off to the side with a $3000 camera in it, that's pretty well leaned over.

Edit: how to be a biker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dK-b9efQaU

I'm getting P.P.D.S.P.E.M.F.O.B.B.T. in my next custom title

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 15, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah true. The other shot is pretty crazy, though. Considering he only has one hand on the bars and the other is hanging off to the side with a $3000 camera in it, that's pretty well leaned over.

gently caress it, I'm getting a 99% tattoo.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Slim Pickens posted:

lawl at the 8-ball as a symbol of homosexual sodomy :D

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know, I didn't know that was such a big thing in the angels. I had no idea that getting a bj was such a big deal, you need a witness as well. :haw:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Slim Pickens posted:

The new MotoGP Ducati, uses a new big bang firing order and wheelies less according to Casey Stoner, who's health is also better these days. Should be a good season.

Click here for the full 1280x852 image.

When Hayden leaked the photo i just assumed that the tank wasn't strapped down entirely because it was still in the shop.

If fact... I'm gonna still assume that it still is :(

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Dubs posted:

When Hayden leaked the photo i just assumed that the tank wasn't strapped down entirely because it was still in the shop.

If fact... I'm gonna still assume that it still is :(

PANEL GAP :argh:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
The fact that they aren't even pretending to make it pretty means this fucker is gonna be quick. Stoner got this poo poo wrapped up already. :australia:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://frank766.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p998645067-5.jpg

Is that a modded SV?

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

kylej posted:

http://frank766.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p998645067-5.jpg

Is that a modded SV?

Looks like an FZ1 to me.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Dubs posted:

The fact that they aren't even pretending to make it pretty means this fucker is gonna be quick. Stoner got this poo poo wrapped up already. :australia:

lol, till the pressure is on and the "illness" comes back. If it's a close points race, it'll come back.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Dubs posted:

I'll never forgive Casey for making 2007 so drat boring to watch by winning what seemed like every race.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

needknees posted:

Looks like an FZ1 to me.

Gonna agree there..taillights give it away, as does the bulky radiator in the front.

Silver posted:

lol, till the pressure is on and the "illness" comes back. If it's a close points race, it'll come back.

You know, I would have said the same, if not for his fairly impressive performance (warmup lap highside aside...) in the last 3 races. I think that he honestly had some physical issues that he had to resolve, and hopefully he'll come back strong. When it's his day, no one can touch him, not even Rossi.

I'm also interested to see the play between lorenzo and rossi, and spies and edwards...it's shaping up to be a good season.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

Gonna agree there..taillights give it away, as does the bulky radiator in the front.

You can also kinda make out the FZ1 on the fairing. I'd love to get one of those bikes.

:sigh:

So many bikes, so little money...

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

Silver posted:

illness was lactose intolerance according to the bbc, which is pretty hilarious

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Z3n posted:

You know, I would have said the same, if not for his fairly impressive performance (warmup lap highside aside...) in the last 3 races.

Right, he did great in the end, when there was no pressure for the championship and he had taken what 2 months off? Of course he's going to do good. No pressure, just go ride, and he is a good rider. I'm just saying when the pressure is on again next year, the illness will come back.

@ranathari: Yeah they came up with a bunch of different things. I think lactose intolerance was the last one. I still say anxiety/panic attack/stress related. But, I"m no doctor, will have to wait till this season to see what happens. I do wish him all the best though, whatever it is.

content:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ranathari posted:

illness was lactose intolerance according to the bbc, which is pretty hilarious

I've become lactose intolerant as I've gotten older, and it's loving miserable. If you're trying to eat healthy and you're sucking down a bunch of milk, that'd be killer.

I know that if I drink even a half cup of milk these days, I'm miserable for at least 2-4 hours. Occasionally I'll suffer because I love milkshakes, and it is loving painful.

Could be stress related though, as much as anything else. Either way, I hope he's in good form next year, because I really do like him, and hope that we have awesome 4-5 way battles next year.

The other question is if Spies is gonna be out, laying down the law like he did in WSBK.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Slim Pickens posted:

The AMA would be the happiest organization on the planet if 99% of bikers were members.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZr-PncUjnk

gently caress...yes. Roadracing an RG500? All is right in the world.

Edit:

Video 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzLWAGP76aA

I'm not exactly sure what it is though...4 pipes, SSA...who knows.

The bike:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 15, 2010

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Z3n posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZr-PncUjnk

gently caress...yes. Roadracing an RG500? All is right in the world.

Good christ how the hell do you get a bike that low? I need to learn how to do that!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

You should get a Wu Tang inspired custom title like Phat Albert.

Up from the expansion chambers!
It's the oil - smoke - killa
TWO STROKE KILLA BEEZ - WE ON A SWARM

In other news, I've been playing with the idea of a 99-01-ish CBR1100XX. They go for pretty reasonable money and my insurance company quoted me $1000/y for full coverage. Hmmmm.

Here's a Danish journalist taking it up to 300 kph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikCtkatpQkQ

Serious pucker moment at 2:15 when some grumpy old man in his Jaaaaaag comes up reeeaaal quick.

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007

ari.gato posted:

Good christ how the hell do you get a bike that low? I need to learn how to do that!

Decent tyres, a bit of practice, correct body position, and learning to keep your gaze pointed upward and in the correct direction.

Flowing smoothly through each successive corner like he does is a much trickier thing to get right than simply getting confident enough to lean the bike over that much.

Lunchb0x
Nov 13, 2005
Jesus hates you

Z3n posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Best ninja 250 ever?

Yes.

Too bad it will bog to poo poo, driving a 200 rear tire like that.

Anymore info on this bike?

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:
A repeat but worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola