Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
Another reason you don't tell a current employer before you've signed anything-- and I've seen this happen!-- is that your current employer through some digging can usually find your new employer, call them, bad mouth you, and sour your relationship with your potential new employer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's just a hidden commercial for the new Smurf movie. It doesn't even follow the continuity of the show. Howard is asking for an apology for something that didn't happen (The Midget's last appearance in December basically had him wanting to be off the show forever) while mentioning the Smurfs at random intervals. It's the Stern version of Montel Williams hocking poo poo via infomercial.

are you loving serious.

jeeeezus.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Millstone posted:

PS. I distinctly caught Robin saying "I don't know what a hot dog is" today

Try again, your ears are busted. She said she didn't know what was IN a hot dog.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Meat and vegetables.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Try again, your ears are busted. She said she didn't know what was IN a hot dog.

Well, she knows a hot dog was in here. Along with some vegetables.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Qaz Kwaz posted:

3:14:25 --

Howard: "Are sausages bad for you? Isn't that the same concept?"
Robin: "Uh yeah, but I don't know, I don't know what a hot dog is."

gently caress you. :)

Joe 30330 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 28, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Millstone posted:

I hope someone calls in and calls her on this. Now she could say "oh, I meant to day I didn't know what was in them" and it would be done, But no, she'll claim she's never had one in her entire life and wouldn't know one if she saw it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ChaosMonkey posted:

are you loving serious.

jeeeezus.

This.

The Midget has never collected a goddamn smurf in his life. Listen to that megapack: smurfs never come up once, and nobody would let gold like that go away. The only bright side that could have come with this would be Artie laughing at a midget collecting smurfs, and that made the whole thing even worse.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

This.

The Midget has never collected a goddamn smurf in his life. Listen to that megapack: smurfs never come up once, and nobody would let gold like that go away. The only bright side that could have come with this would be Artie laughing at a midget collecting smurfs, and that made the whole thing even worse.

As Counterpoint: Why would The Smurfs ever have come up in the past? It seems to me like the kind of thing he would KNOW they would make fun of him for, so why mention it without cause? He's only bringing it up now because he's a celebrity whore and wants to get on the red carpet.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it all turned out to be an elaborate ad...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Millstone posted:

How do you live in NYC and not know what a hot dog is?

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Bonzo posted:

How do you live in NYC and not know what a hot dog is?

I think you guys are overthinking it. She's probably saying she doesn't know what's IN a hot dog. Which is a valid point. I love em, but when I order one I have no idea if it's pork assholes or cow lips.

I guess the same could be said of sausage, but when I think of sausage, I automatically think "pork" even though there are millions of variety of sausages.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

For someone who acts like the paragon of health food and dieting, even with her own little cooking show or whatever the gently caress it is, you'd think she would know what a hot dog consists of for argumentative purposes at least.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

As Counterpoint: Why would The Smurfs ever have come up in the past? It seems to me like the kind of thing he would KNOW they would make fun of him for, so why mention it without cause? He's only bringing it up now because he's a celebrity whore and wants to get on the red carpet.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it all turned out to be an elaborate ad...

Counter-counterpoint: we're talking about a midget who measured his own dick and thought Carrie Underwood was trying to have phone sex with him. If he was such a big fan of Smurfs (like country music and such), he would have let it drop by now. Or it would have been seen on his webcams and such. Nobody would have let that tidbit go.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Counter-counterpoint: we're talking about a midget who measured his own dick and thought Carrie Underwood was trying to have phone sex with him. If he was such a big fan of Smurfs (like country music and such), he would have let it drop by now. Or it would have been seen on his webcams and such. Nobody would have let that tidbit go.

"Take off your diaper, jab me with that shrinky-dink! DE PLANE, DE PLANE!"

Good times, man. But to be fair, ETM doesn't talk hardly at all about his childhood, and what he might have watched outside of old WWF rasslin. Although, if they do start hammering Eric with smurfs jokes and he comes back on the air regularly, I'll be psyched. The negotiations are gonna rule.

Also, I found another great little Eric tidbit this weekend. When he was calling up demanding to be roasted, there was this little exchange.

Eric: ROAST ME!!! :mad:
Howard: No, Eric.
Eric: Do it, you CHICKENSHIT! :mad::mad:
Howard: Wait a minute...did you just call me a CHICKENSHIT? :confused:
Eric: Yup!
Howard: ...
Eric: ...
Howard: ...That's okay, no problem. :)

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

burmart posted:

I think you guys are overthinking it. She's probably saying she doesn't know what's IN a hot dog. Which is a valid point. I love em, but when I order one I have no idea if it's pork assholes or cow lips.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It's amazing how a bunch of people could reach adulthood and yet still manage to gently caress up a dirt-simple trivia game so thoroughly.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

burmart posted:

I guess the same could be said of sausage, but when I think of sausage, I automatically think "pork" even though there are millions of variety of sausages.

yeah I recind what I said before, I'm sure that is what she meant actually.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Howard: "I don't even know how many Harry Potter movies there are."
Robin: "There's 5 of them, this is the fifth!"

Robin Quivers, Newswoman

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Joe Pesci is suing the production company of Stuttering John's Gotti movie.

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/joe-pesci-sues-stuttering-john-s-gotti-movie-for-3-million

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Court stenographer Mark Mercer:

quote:

This painting was from the show listed below; Howard Paints Like Jackson Pollock 4/4/01 4/4/01. 6:05am (Snipped) Howard recently told Robin that he was going to paint something similar to a Jackson Pollock painting so she could try and tell which one was his. She had been saying that Pollock's paintings ''move'' her. Howard had someone show 6 paintings to Robin so she could guess which was Howard's. She wasn't able to figure out which was Howard's but she did pick out a phony. Howard knew she wouldn't be able to pick it out. He said all Pollock did was spray paint garbage on a canvas. Robin said she picked out the 2 that she recognized as being Pollock's. Howard said he painted the thing in 7 minutes. Robin argued that she knew the ones that moved her and not Pollock's earlier crap. Howard kept trying to get her to pick out the pictures that didn't move her and she wouldn't do it.

Robin was getting very emotional and loud with Howard. He was trying to prove a point with this whole thing but it wasn't happening. Robin finally broke down and picked number 6 as Howard's. It was actually number 3 which Fred had guessed. Howard said the painting was called ''Help''. Robin was still sounded very upset over the whole thing for no reason. Robin eventually told Howard that his painting did look like early Jackson Pollock. A listener called in and offered Howard $10,000 for the painting but Howard didn't want to give it up. Howard told the guy he was going to do a new painting that he'd give him for free. He said he's going to pleasure himself on a black canvas and he'll let the guy have it free. The guy didn't want to take him up on the offer. Robin said she never could pick out Howard's painting. She said she just let Howard do his thing after he claimed he could paint something that would move her. She told Howard to just let her be moved by something and leave it at that. Howard said ''I won!'' to Robin a few times to quiet her down. She really didn't care though. The two of them argued about Pollock and whether or not he was talented.

Robin said that Howard has to crap on everything that she likes. When she said that she liked Gregory Hines, Howard went in a bathroom and tap danced to show that anyone could do it. Now he's done this with Jackson Pollock. Howard said tomorrow he'll take a crap and it'll look like a Monet. Robin went silent for a minute. She then said that she wanted to crap on Stuttering John because he was just standing there laughing like a fool. After taking a break Howard said that the Pollock stuff won't be on any of his TV shows. The E! people told him that they don't have rights to the paintings so they can't show them on TV. Howard wondered why that is and why people can take stuff out of his book and put it on TV like they did on MSNBC. That led to Howard talking about the MSNBC special that was done about him recently. He just watched it and it bummed him out. He said he doesn't know why shows like that bum him out but this one sure did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Authentic-Howard-Stern-Painting-/250848407284?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item3a67baeef4#ht_500wt_1413

I need to find a clip of this because any time Robin gets upset and pissed off it makes me laugh.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Brocktoon posted:

Robin Quivers, Newswoman

Yeah that bothered me a lot more than it should have when I heard it.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

Millstone posted:

Pfft. I know it's fun to pick on Robin, but obviously she meant that as in "I don't know what it is [made of]"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brocktoon posted:

Robin Quivers, Newswoman

Robin gets points from me for not knowing how many Harry Potter movies there are.

ddewy
May 23, 2005

You guys are on her about the hot dog comment, but the same day (or next) she said the guy in Norway blew up the building with manure.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

-Atom- posted:

Robin gets points from me for not knowing how many Harry Potter movies there are.
I haven't seen a single one of them and even *I* know how many there are.

Point is: If you're going to jump in with an answer, know what the gently caress you're talking about.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I don't know if it means I'm going crazy but I think the Mad Doctor's theory about Eric and the Smurfs actually makes sense. :tinfoil:

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

Also, I found another great little Eric tidbit this weekend. When he was calling up demanding to be roasted, there was this little exchange.

Eric: ROAST ME!!! :mad:
Howard: No, Eric.
Eric: Do it, you CHICKENSHIT! :mad::mad:
Howard: Wait a minute...did you just call me a CHICKENSHIT? :confused:
Eric: Yup!
Howard: ...
Eric: ...
Howard: ...That's okay, no problem. :)

I have neglected so many podcasts I listen to regularly over the last few weeks so I can listen to this miserable little gently caress. It's honestly the only thing keeping me in this thread at the moment--no slight to you guys, of course; this thread is why I joined the forums and even without the show I still enjoy the talk here.

I am astounded at how seriously Eric takes himself and I have to imagine it speaks to how sheltered he was most of his life. Gary put it best when he said "Every day Eric calls in he expects it to be the day he gets treated with the respect he thinks he deserves."

The "roast me!" parts are for sure a highlight of his appearances. Possibly my favorite hidden gem is the revelation that he stalked some poor random girl from some short-lived reality show hosted by Amy Grant called "Three Wishes." He, I guess, called her and made various other forms of contact with her and used the excuse "They didn't exactly do a very good job of hiding where she lives, and I wasn't the only one who did it." He's an absolute creep and a cretin.

I'm at the point in the archives now where he's blaming Natalie Maines for the loss of his sex with whores, which is probably the climax of the Eric saga.

What'd we get out of 2009? "Club-fuckin'-footed!" is about it, right?

I think the only mention of Eric and Smurfs up to now was "Rub your Smurf cock on the phone."

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

2009 also saw:

Eric's nude photo with Air Force Amy
Eric waking up Johnny Fratto's kid at 2:30 AM
Eric saying ack ack
The Robert Mills saga
Eric taking a picture of his dick
The hilariously stupid April Fool's prank
Eric's new "Escalade" on TMZ
Eric again claiming the show cock-blocked him at the Bunny Ranch (Robin this time)
The first instance of Eric vs. math

2010's when it started to die out, all we really got was the NYT crossword puzzle, the Wack Pack test, Eric on Fringe, the Emmy red carpet job, and of course the IQ test.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 29, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Smeep posted:

I don't know if it means I'm going crazy but I think the Mad Doctor's theory about Eric and the Smurfs actually makes sense. :tinfoil:

I only wish it was one of my delusions.

kazmeyer posted:

2009 also saw:

Eric's nude photo with Air Force Amy
Eric waking up Johnny Fratto's kid at 2:30 AM
Eric saying ack ack
The Robert Mills saga
Eric taking a picture of his dick
The hilariously stupid April Fool's prank
Eric's new "Escalade" on TMZ
Eric again claiming the show cock-blocked him at the Bunny Ranch (Robin this time)
The first instance of Eric vs. math

2010's when it started to die out, all we really got was the NYT crossword puzzle, the Wack Pack test, Eric on Fringe, the Emmy red carpet job, and of course the IQ test.

2009 was an epic year. And keep in mind that a lot of that stuff went down from January to May. The Midget was a guaranteed laugh, with the possible exception of the Robert Mills stuff. That just grew tired after a while. But the Midget's fame really tied after Artie left. Without that counterbalance, you get the Smurf Commercial.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Well, the Robert Mills stuff did get tiring, and then he wrote those two fake emails which ended up leading into the math questions/IQ test saga. I enjoy hearing them ask ETM 9 times 7 over and over almost as much as I enjoy listening to zero point zero.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 29, 2011

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Sasquatch! posted:

Point is: If you're going to jump in with an answer, know what the gently caress you're talking about.

I don't think it's funny when Robin is wrong, I think it's funny that she's so confident with her wrong answers. She has this proud self-assurance that she could never be wrong. A normal person who isn't sure on the answer to something would be like "hmm, I think there are five Harry Potter movies, but I don't know that for sure."

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

an adult beverage posted:

I don't think it's funny when Robin is wrong, I think it's funny that she's so confident with her wrong answers. She has this proud self-assurance that she could never be wrong. A normal person who isn't sure on the answer to something would be like "hmm, I think there are five Harry Potter movies, but I don't know that for sure."

Which is exactly what Fred does, then he checks online to confirm what he said or give the correct information. Not a surprise that Fred comes off as being a real smart guy and Robin consistently sounds like a moron

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Sasquatch! posted:

Also, it was IN THE MIDDLE OF A NEWS STORY ABOUT THE MOVIE. If they were just casually talking, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but she probably had the answer right in front of her from whatever tabloid rag she was getting her info from.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

Also, it was IN THE MIDDLE OF A NEWS STORY ABOUT THE MOVIE. If they were just casually talking, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but she probably had the answer right in front of her from whatever tabloid rag she was getting her info from.

Keep in mind that she makes millions of dollars to do this.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I always turn off the show when they get to the news. I'll listen to the little mikey parody song and then shut it off.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

an adult beverage posted:

I always turn off the show when they get to the news. I'll listen to the little mikey parody song and then shut it off.

I don't understand this at all. To me the news is the best part of the show, by far. Everyone is excited to leave/tired from the show and they get all goofy and stupid. Plus it's Fred's time to shine. When Artie was on the show the news was guaranteed to crack me up.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Related, I think:

http://jezebel.com/5825812/study-1-in-3-nose-job-patients-has-body-dysmorphic-disorder

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Tila Tequila, Rosanne Barr, Denise Richards, some Playboy bore, Dice Clay...?

What the gently caress? Let's take it down to 2 days a week and only do interviews from the cast of ALF.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Tila Tequila, Rosanne Barr, Denise Richards, some Playboy bore, Dice Clay...?

What the gently caress? Let's take it down to 2 days a week and only do interviews from the cast of ALF.

The dad from Alf might actually be an interesting interview and a step up.

http://www.holytaco.com/alfs-dad-loves-gay-sex-and-crack/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Heh, I was wondering why ALF popped into my head. I guess I would be better at booking guests. ;)