Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Infinitum posted:

A Killducken if you will

Killbaten, surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

CzarChasm posted:

If I was a betting man, I'd say it's from that DCAU Batman comic where it's revealed that Barb and Dick were dating, she cheats on him with Bruce and ends up pregnant. I thought that particular horror train stopped there, but no, apparently (from context) the would be baby gets Killing Joked.

Where the gently caress does that happen?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Wasn't it the same comic where Terry's Rogue's Gallery got killed off by Neo New Hush? I seem to remember that being a thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Alacron posted:

Wasn't it the same comic where Terry's Rogue's Gallery got killed off by Neo New Hush? I seem to remember that being a thing.

Nothing of value has been done with the DCAU since Justice League Unlimited's tie-in comic ended

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CzarChasm posted:

If I was a betting man, I'd say it's from that DCAU Batman comic where it's revealed that Barb and Dick were dating, she cheats on him with Bruce and ends up pregnant. I thought that particular horror train stopped there, but no, apparently (from context) the would be baby gets Killing Joked.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ DC. I'm not going to pretend like Marvel hasn't done some awful things to pregnant women (and it's probably best for another thread. We should have a WTF thread to go with our Touching, Funny and Badass collections), but that crosses so many lines I can't even come up with a response.

Babs miscarried. You will recall that Joker died before he ever shot Barbara in the DCAU.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Where the gently caress does that happen?

In, I believe, Batman Beyond 2.0, one of the lovely comics. It can safely be ignored.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Look what you did to this thread, Calaveron.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lurdiak posted:

Look what you did to this thread, Calaveron.

Whoa there buddy blame DC for that poo poo I'm just retelling facts

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Alacron posted:

I haven't watched Batman Beyond in a while but that wouldn't be too hard since Terry seemed to inadvertently horribly kill the villain of almost every episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Catfishenfuego posted:

I haven't watched Batman Beyond in a while but that wouldn't be too hard since Terry seemed to inadvertently horribly kill the villain of almost every episode.

Yeah, but Hush killed off the few remaining good ones. I believe he got Armory, Shriek, Inque and loving Mad Stan.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, but Hush killed off the few remaining good ones. I believe he got Armory, Shriek, Inque and loving Mad Stan.

Not Mad Stan!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Killing Shriek and Inque is weird because those are probably Terry's most high profile rogues with consistently good stories that stand the test of time. I guess there's Curare, Spellbinder, and not-Kraven, but none of them are all that compelling in comparison.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Android Blues posted:

Killing Shriek and Inque is weird because those are probably Terry's most high profile rogues with consistently good stories that stand the test of time. I guess there's Curare, Spellbinder, and not-Kraven, but none of them are all that compelling in comparison.

Don't forget Big Time!

Just kidding, he's awful. "What if Two-Face didn't have pathos?"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'm pretty sure Big Time was killed off in the episode he showed up in (a heart attack or something).

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I had to Google Big Time and it took me a minute to realize that he wasn't just the generic muscle henchman in all those pictures.

I need to rewatch Batman Beyond.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm pretty sure Big Time was killed off in the episode he showed up in (a heart attack or something).

Nah he shows up again.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Nah he shows up again.

Yeah. My knowledge of Batman Beyond is far from perfect but I don't recall Terry icing anyone on first appearances. At worst they got ironic punishments.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The thing that pissed me off about that book was the story after it, I think, where they revealed that Blight was dead... and then revived him about a page later. (And I'm sure the explanation for him surviving was bullshit even by comic book standards, like his radioactive skin turned the water he was drowning in into oxygen or some crap)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PJOmega posted:

Yeah. My knowledge of Batman Beyond is far from perfect but I don't recall Terry icing anyone on first appearances. At worst they got ironic punishments.

Their ironic punishments were usually fatal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CCT6N4nrQ

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
RIP Doom Patrol

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Toshimo posted:

RIP Doom Patrol

Depressing, but I hear it's only a temporary cancellation, till they can get their art sorted out. That said it's still sucky that we don't be the Mike Allred flashback issue but we got Bug out of it so i' d consider that a win.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Edit: misread

Emo Szyslak fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 2, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah they have assured us that DP is coming back. And supposedly two more YA books this fall.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anybody get the Young Animal vinyl last week? There's a kind of cool opening/closing for the sampler book by Gerard Way and Mike Allred? It's a cool attempt to sell comics to a hipper crowd.

Also, I really want Robot Man's "Heavy Meta" shirt. I just want a Doom Patrol shirt.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Can manga go in here? I hope so.

Dr. Stone

In this flashback to the protagonist's childhood, the protagonist Senku is a really smart and precocious kid who really likes science, and one day he comes home to his dad saying "I want to go to space."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Skwirl posted:

Their ironic punishments were usually fatal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CCT6N4nrQ

My favorite ironic villain death is when that news reporter is literally begging Bruce to help cure him of his intangibility and Bruce is just so jaded and incapable of giving a gently caress that he just watches and quips as the guy slowly falls to his inevitable death at the center of the earth.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
cosmic odyssey #4

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

cosmic odyssey #4

Superman's expression in that third panel really shows what an impact that punch was.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Unfortunately 'Forager' is not a very inspiring moniker as far as supernames go.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Lightray is in the background going "goddammit Orion, you're embarrassing all of us..."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Madkal posted:

Superman's expression in that third panel really shows what an impact that punch was.

"Batman's broken his hand punching invulnerable people again"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Pureauthor posted:

Unfortunately 'Forager' is not a very inspiring moniker as far as supernames go.

Better than Bug!!! Read his new series!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infinitum posted:

"Batman's broken his hand punching invulnerable people again"

"Bruce you fuckin idiot I know for a fact this means your butler's gonna be up all night resetting your fingers."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Batman was 100% justified in throwing that right cross, ill-advised or not

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Batman was 100% justified in throwing that right cross, ill-advised or not

Yes - the real issue here is why Clark didn't beat him to the punch.

Literally.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He probably would have if he hadn't been standing *behind* him, so Bruce was closer :v:
Even Martian Manhunter giving him the "Dude, not cool" glare.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Injustice 2 - Don't know issue

As dumb parallel comic stories go, this is one of the best; and probably the single best video game tie-in comics ever produced.

Backstory - At the end of Injustice 1 Black Canary is dying after one of many long battles, Doctor Fate intervenes in a "gently caress fate" moment and drags Dinah and her son Conner Queen over to a parallel dimension where Oliver hasn't been killed by Superman. Due to ~Injustice 2 fuckery~ Ollie + Dinah are now back in the prime universe

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Mikl posted:

Can manga go in here? I hope so.

Dr. Stone

In this flashback to the protagonist's childhood, the protagonist Senku is a really smart and precocious kid who really likes science, and one day he comes home to his dad saying "I want to go to space."

I mean technically it can, but on the other hand this is so terrible I hope it doesn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well I mean people post the flintstones so anything goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Infinitum posted:

Injustice 2 - Don't know issue

As dumb parallel comic stories go, this is one of the best; and probably the single best video game tie-in comics ever produced.

Backstory - At the end of Injustice 1 Black Canary is dying after one of many long battles, Doctor Fate intervenes in a "gently caress fate" moment and drags Dinah and her son Conner Queen over to a parallel dimension where Oliver hasn't been killed by Superman. Due to ~Injustice 2 fuckery~ Ollie + Dinah are now back in the prime universe

From the following issue. Keep in mind that after Joker died, Ollie put Harley on the right path. Then he got killed and Harley went on a pattern of attaching herself to people only for them to die (Black Canary, Detective Chimp, Shazam).

Injustice 2 has a lot of references to the comic. My favorite so far being Harley playing with her secret daughter, who is playing with a toy car with a tutu on it.