Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

MadScientistWorking posted:

I thought in Megaranger they just threw random mooks into the mecha to pilot them and not have an AI do it. Weirdly enough the only episode I've seen of Megaranger is the Megavoyager episode. Also the mech fight in that episode was brutal...
EDIT:
Did they create an entire new mook?

Yeah my bad, thought the megaranger and carranger stuff was nicknames, not actual different shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Talow posted:

Yeah my bad, thought the megaranger and carranger stuff was nicknames, not actual different shows.
Its the shows from which Power Rangers is borrowing footage from. Megaranger is the season that In Space is adapting from and Carranger is Turbo.

Brother Entropy posted:

the megavoyager two parter might be my top two episodes of sentai period

watch megaranger yall
Its a good episode and really dramatic. Also, arguably the best mecha fight I've seen from the series.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Its the shows from which Power Rangers is borrowing footage from. Megaranger is the season that In Space is adapting from and Carranger is Turbo.
For reference:
MMPR1: Zyuranger
MMPR2: Dairanger mecha/enemies and overall hackjob
MMPR3: Kakuranger mecha/enemies semi hackjob
Zeo: Ohranger
Turbo: Carranger
InSpace: Megaranger
Lost Galaxy: Ginagaman
Lightspeed Resque: GoGoV
Timeforce: Timeranger

The rest I don't know by head.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Zedd posted:

Useful List

I'll keep that in mind, thanks

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The entire list is on RangerWiki, but :effort:

Iirc from memory:
Wild Force: Gaoranger
Ninja Storm: Hurricanger
Dino Thunder: Abaranger

I don't remember the order from there

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
SPD: Dekaranger
Mystic Force: Magiranger
Operation Overdrive: Boukenger
Jungle Fury: Gekiranger
RPM: Go-onger
(Super) Samurai: Shinkenger
Megaforce: Goseiger
Super Megaforce: Gokaiger
(Super) Dino Charge: Kyoruger
Ninja Steel: Ninninger

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
RPM is Go-Onger, Samurai is Shinkenger, Megaforce is them ignoring the pirate theme of Gokaiger entirely.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Zedd posted:

For reference:
MMPR1: Zyuranger
MMPR2: Dairanger mecha/enemies and overall hackjob
MMPR3: Kakuranger mecha/enemies semi hackjob
Zeo: Ohranger
Turbo: Carranger
InSpace: Megaranger
Lost Galaxy: Ginagaman
Lightspeed Resque: GoGoV
Timeforce: Timeranger

The rest I don't know by head.

Wild Force: GaoRanger
Ninja Storm: Hurricanger
Dino Thunder: AbaRanger
Mystic Force: MagiRanger
Operation Overdrive: Boukenger
Jungle Fury: GekiRanger
RPM: Go-Onger
Samurai/Super Samurai: Shinkenger
Mega-force: Goseiger
Super Mega-force: Gokaiger
Dino-Charge/Dino Super-charge: Kyoryuger
Ninja Steel: Nininger

e: how'd I forget SPD: Dekaranger. :saddowns:

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 18, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
And Gobusters and ToQger are, unfortunately, nothing. :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I fell asleep in a St. Paddy's day condition and woke up to... wtf is this? Star Trek?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Aloma Wright?! Here I thought I knew enough about In Space :stare:

I know they're time-appropriate and real, but I just cannot handle the phones. Also this fake-date stuff is fun.

Wasserman's tracks for this season are really good.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 18, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they had to l-to-r flip all the megaranger footage with the police car so the driver's seat would be the right way around :allears:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Do they have Previously On and Next Time segments now to cut down on the amount of original footage they have to shoot?

Brother Entropy posted:

they had to l-to-r flip all the megaranger footage with the police car so the driver's seat would be the right way around :allears:
I noticed that too. It's that kind of attention to detail that I love.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Josh Lyman posted:

Do they have Previously On and Next Time segments now to cut down on the amount of original footage they have to shoot?

That and its the first serialized PR show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The bug stuff's pretty gross, but it's the neck nipple what gets me.

They just loving left Ashley to die?!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ashley and Cassie and Astronema are all :swoon:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's weird how the Turbo 2.0 people seem like entirely different characters, but also they get into it a lot easier and "oh my god they replaced nearly everyone" no longer lingers in the air.

And poor Chris Lee had to go through life with his hair like that for a year.

Josh Lyman posted:

The previously bit replaced the "Today on Power Rangers" bits that opened up MMPR every day.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

It's weird how the Turbo 2.0 people seem like entirely different characters, but also they get into it a lot easier and "oh my god they replaced nearly everyone" no longer lingers in the air.

it kinda makes sense that the character writing would shift a little as the characters moved to other sentais; like how red racer was the leader so tj starts off generic and leader-y but then he switches to megablue who was more cool and cocky and carlos gets to be more compotent because megablack basically was the team leader, not megared

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh god. Basketball is what makes TJ remember who he is.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh god. Basketball is what makes TJ remember who he is.

Wasn't his introduction in Turbo about him moving to angel grove to play Baseball?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Justin_Brett posted:

And Gobusters and ToQger are, unfortunately, nothing. :(

I'm fully expecting Kyuuranger to be skipped as well, considering like Go-Busters it's allegedly designed with Power Rangers in mind.

Three years of Ninja Steel :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Production level is to high for me

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay, hold on, why is this completely seriously and unironically cool? :stare:

This is a better use of the speedforce than the last five seasons of the Flash.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 18, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm fully expecting Kyuuranger to be skipped as well, considering like Go-Busters it's allegedly designed with Power Rangers in mind.

See I doubt that, Kyuranger's way too toyetic for them not to take it.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Unlike Go-Busters Kyurrangers had collaboration between the US and Japan. Also for as much as people say Go-Busters was specifically made for Power Rangers its may have been just random references like how Dekaranger used SPD's Swat mode at one point.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i honestly don't see go-busters being specifically designed with PR in mind beyond like, 'it's morphing time' being said by the morpher

they painted MESSIAH in bright perfectly-legible english on the last dozen or so monsters, there's no way they had america in mind when they did that

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Power Rangers MegaVoyager better than Star Trek Voyager. I'm having fun watching the chat be incredulous over how much better this is than Turbo.

And wow. How about that Dickzooka on the zord there.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

I'm having fun watching the chat be incredulous over how much better this is than Turbo.

ya jinxed it

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Power Rangers MegaVoyager better than Star Trek Voyager. I'm having fun watching the chat be incredulous over how much better this is than Turbo.
I didn't watch any of the Turbo episodes but I know one of the Rangers was a kid actor so it has to be the worst.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

I didn't watch any of the Turbo episodes but I know one of the Rangers was a kid actor so it has to be the worst.

Just the worst so far.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Unlike Go-Busters Kyurrangers had collaboration between the US and Japan. Also for as much as people say Go-Busters was specifically made for Power Rangers its may have been just random references like how Dekaranger used SPD's Swat mode at one point.

At least as far as toys are concerned there was a collaboration I think.

Depending on how the season after Kyuranger looks, Saban could theoretically just cap off Ninja Steel or tie it into the 9ranger adaptation.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

He lost his powers dam it. He lost his powers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

All this justin salt in the chat gives me life.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm pretty sure half of Justin's lines are "wow!" and the other half are "awesome!".

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I remember my little brother being super into Turbo because Justin was a kid who became a ranger and poo poo.

Also wtf URKEL????

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Did he just straight up Urkel??

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

i honestly don't see go-busters being specifically designed with PR in mind beyond like, 'it's morphing time' being said by the morpher

they painted MESSIAH in bright perfectly-legible english on the last dozen or so monsters, there's no way they had america in mind when they did that

Yeah aside from using phrases like "It's Morphin Time" and "Megazord" (which, by the way, is not the first time the word Zord has been used in Sentai) I'm not really seeing how Go-Busters was made with Power Rangers in mind as, to be perfectly honest, there's not a whole lot of usable footage in which a non-suited Japanese actor is not present in. While I personally liked the show, it's probably for the best they ended up skipping that one in the long run.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I would love to get a fire extinguisher as a birthday present, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The key thing to take from all this is watch GoBusters and ToQger anyway. They're really good, y'all.