Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Geop is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you have low standards you could watch KalonZombie play through the Ratchet and Clank series.

Snort. And if you'll just watch anything then you could go watch CJacobs (lol) #got em

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Plague is currently doing an LP, if you want to see someone play Dark Souls and complain about it a lot (instead of the usual fanboy thing) while also making uncomfortably sexual jokes. :v: His version of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream was good too.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Sad Mammal posted:

I guess as long as we're reppin' homegrown SA KungFuJesus' LP of GodHand is top five of all time material

Any of Pokecapn's Sonic LPs are worth watching, especially Sonic Unleashed, where Medibot gives every single collectable item a name.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 15, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That final letter is just as heartbreaking as I remember, jeez.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Yeah that was depressing as hell. :(

I clued into the ending choice near the end of the labyrinth because Pat suddenly stopped healing to full around that time and also started sneaking in examinations on the knife.

SH2 has a really weird system for deciding the ending and I understand why most games never did anything like it again, but at the same time it's still really cool and thematically appropriate to a tee. Personally I think the Leave ending is a better fit, since it's basically the culmination of everything Silent Hill/Mary has been trying to "tell" him all along: to accept his guilt and carry his responsibility instead of running from the truth and metaphorically flagellating himself.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 15, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I forgot about the letter. It's pretty fuckin' heavy.

I think the three original endings are thematically appropriate for the game, honestly. It all depends on how your James would've reacted to everything. SH2 is a bit overestimated by gamers in terms of plot and writing, but it's a real nice tale nonetheless. The game shines during personal monologues, and all of them are compelling and significant.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah I was really moved by the whole sequence at the end, holy cow SH2 is a masterpiece.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Well, I youtubed "the sw1tcher Friday night fisticuffs" looking for what had the highest views.

American Skullgirls swill won, 40k over smash 4 which I was really surprised.

E: 250k was the number

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 15, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

goldblums eyes posted:

Not to cheat on the best friends, but who are other active full LPers that you really like? Besides 2BF (and jontron who doesn't count), I haven't watched anyone else play video games

Yeah, I mean no offense to SBF or other good LPers, but nobody really comes close to Chip and Ironicus. I can't think of anyone else who puts so much time, effort, and sheer skill into showing off every aspect of a game in the best light possible(when he's trying to). The MGR and W101 playthroughs that Chip did not only show off the game's cutscenes and easter eggs, but also the best gameplay skill I've seen anyone doing a playthrough of a game show off. Pure Platinuming almost the entirety of W101 and all of MGR is an insane feat. He's great as a straight man to Ironicus, too, who can be pretty drat funny.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipCheezumLPs

Wonderful 101 LP
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance LP

I've not watched his other LPs yet, but if they're even remotely as high quality as the W101 and MGR runs, then he's easily the LPer who's put the most effort into his runs than anyone else I've seen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am also chiming in on the Chip and Ironicus bandwagon. Voidburger is also good if you like other Silent Hill games (she has a Silent Hill 2 LP going on right now, coincidentally).

edit

RareAcumen posted:

If you have low standards you could watch KalonZombie play through the Ratchet and Clank series.

Snort. And if you'll just watch anything then you could go watch CJacobs (lol) #got em

Why you gotta be like that man, that's not fair to KalonZombie

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 15, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Why you gotta be like that man, that's not fair to KalonZombie

Much like the Ratchet and Clank games, he got better as time went on.

And then he threw himself off a freeway after All 4 One finished.

Okay, seriously now

Another good couple of Ell pee-ers areTheStrawhatNO and Geop.

TheStrawHatNo! did pretty much all of the Bomberman games, some 007 stuff, Pikmin 2 and multiple Zeldas- it's a long list, just- they did a lot of games. They're also an extremely silly group which is kinda odd at first when you think about it when watching videos of Sleeping Dogs or The Last of Us but it really works out. They do have a tendency to just invent personalities for some of the characters in the games they're LPing too.

Geop is the one who did the semi-blind LP of Dark Souls 1. Along with the edutainment that was Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. He played the games and then spersed the videos with snippets of history of what was going on at the supposed time that things were happening with Ezio and Altair.

Oh, and one weird thing that all of these people share is that they're all doing LPs of Wind Waker HD. Geop's is extra blind because he's never played a 3D Zelda game ever. Or used the Wii-U at all.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 15, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bobbin Threadbare's Deus Ex Let's Play is also pretty good. It's fairly extensive and it recently got archived (in true Bobbin Threadbare fashion it took him nearly a year to finish it v:v:v) so I recommend you watch it if you have forgotten how good/bad/goodbad the original Deus Ex is.

I will refrain from actually plugging myself because I don't have 50,000 subscribers and a patreon but I will agree with RareAcumen's sentiment about low standards and all that. edit: Actually I will link this completely out of context and let you decide for yourself if this is entertainment you would be interested in. I'm pretty sure it's my best video.

Other LPers I like: HarshlyCritical, Lazyfire, Phedran (although she has recently succumbed to the "let's just play Binding of Isaac every single day for the rest of time" curse).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 15, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

TheStrawHatNo! did pretty much all of the Bomberman games
I checked his playlists, there's no Bomberman 64 playthrough, no sale :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

He has some of the worst guest commentators, I swear to god.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I checked his playlists, there's no Bomberman 64 playthrough, no sale :colbert:

Hey! I only said most of them, I never said the entire series! Also, they're a group of three people. I don't mean to :spergin: at you.

nine-gear crow posted:

He has some of the worst guest commentators, I swear to god.

It's not nearly as bad as that dude doing the Prince of Persia LP. Holy cow, I haven't heard that many jokes that bad since ProtonJon said he'd try to upload videos on a regular schedule.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If you want another great friend, there's always Supergreatfriend.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

:golfclap:
A masterpiece.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
We're getting a lot of one-offs recently, it's weird but legit.

Strength of the Sword 3 looks really cool, I get what the developers mean by "we can't do this, but gently caress it, we're doing it anyway" - it reminds me a bit of Marlon Briggs on that regard.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Yes.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So I know Pat mentioned that he'd at least started part 5 of Jojos a week or two ago; is he going to catch all the way up, or is he going to wait on actual good VA translations like he did for Diamond is Unbreakable? Is the only other person who's actually read the full series Woolie?

Basically what I am saying is can we get a Jojoscast at some point? I loved the Personacast, and I'd like to get some more of that in-depth one topic discussion.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

So I know Pat mentioned that he'd at least started part 5 of Jojos a week or two ago; is he going to catch all the way up, or is he going to wait on actual good VA translations like he did for Diamond is Unbreakable? Is the only other person who's actually read the full series Woolie?

Basically what I am saying is can we get a Jojoscast at some point? I loved the Personacast, and I'd like to get some more of that in-depth one topic discussion.

Woolie is the only person who's seen all of it, Pat is I think doing part 5 all the way (the good translation stops really early into it). Don't know where Liam and Matt are, I assume they're at least current on the anime. At the least I would love a Stardust Crusadercast.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

So I know Pat mentioned that he'd at least started part 5 of Jojos a week or two ago; is he going to catch all the way up, or is he going to wait on actual good VA translations like he did for Diamond is Unbreakable?

I think it was mentioned that while the good Part V scanlations aren't up on Batoto, they're up somewhere else.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Speaking of podcasts, the new one is up!
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-080-dont-think-moolie-means-think-means/
Guess I'm staying up late tonight.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dias posted:

We're getting a lot of one-offs recently, it's weird but legit.

Strength of the Sword 3 looks really cool, I get what the developers mean by "we can't do this, but gently caress it, we're doing it anyway" - it reminds me a bit of Marlon Briggs on that regard.

Speaking of Marlow Briggs, that reminds me. After the original video years ago, someone saw it was developed by Zoot Fly but it wasn't on their website, so he shot them an email. The reply:

quote:

"Yes, we indeed developed Marlow Briggs. It's not on the page because both 505Games and Microsoft Games (the original publisher) screwed us over royally and we had to close the studio down. The takeaway idea? Don't develop game, just play them.

Cheers, Bostjan Troha ex-CEO of Zoot Fly"
I know they have a spotty record, especially with Prison Break and other licensed stuff, but that's kinda depressing to read.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 17, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Does Woolie just have a private chauffeur now in the form of uber?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Depths posted:

Does Woolie just have a private chauffeur now in the form of uber?

somebody should probably inform woolie on how shady Uber is.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I never played Born from a Wish but I really don't like that Maria is the main character. She's super important but I'm with Matt, it really makes no sense at all.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 17, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah, I loved the poo poo out of SH2 when I was a teenager but I never beat Maria's story. I wasn't very compelled by it and I'm pretty sure I stopped at that stupid rotating plate puzzle that Pat immediately googled cause it's so dumb lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I caught up on the last two podcasts in a row so this might be old advice, but AXS TV is rebroadcasting big NJPW matches with English commentary - stuff from the last three years or so. I'm not sure if you can get it in Canada, but even if you can't - and you find another completely legitimate way to watch them - it's a good way to catch up on Rainmaker/Nakamura stuff, plus it's an one-hour thing.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, but those Maria episodes have been scaring the poo poo outta me, I'm really jumpy though to be honest. The lack of the radio really changes how the game plays.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

somebody should probably inform woolie on how shady Uber is.

It's not though; don't know if Canada is different, but Uber's standards for its contractors is higher than cab companies. They do background checks, for one.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I never played Born from a Wish but I really don't like that Maria is the main character. She's super important but I'm with Matt, it really makes no sense at all.

Agreed 100%, it's super dumb.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 17, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hoobajoo posted:

It's not though; don't know if Canada is different, but Uber's standards for its contractors is higher than cab companies. They do background checks, for one.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/08/uber-accused-of-more-shady-business-tactics.html
http://valleywag.gawker.com/uber-and-its-shady-partners-are-pushing-drivers-into-su-1649936785
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhuet/2014/10/30/uber-driver-firing-policy/

yeah nothing shady about any of this information in three articles that literally have "shady" in the headline

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lets not forget that they don't give health insurance to their full time employees.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They also function as essentially unlicensed cabbies here.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Oh OK, I thought you meant like, the drivers were shady. I just meant it isn't dangerous or anything, if you object to the morality of the company, I won't argue against that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Listening to the podcast and hearing the guys talk about worrying on a certain kickstarter I have to assume they mean Kaiju Combat. Everything I've heard about that thing sounds like a gigantic mess.

Edit: Podcast ending with Redline makes my previous post extremely silly.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 17, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hoobajoo posted:

Oh OK, I thought you meant like, the drivers were shady. I just meant it isn't dangerous or anything, if you object to the morality of the company, I won't argue against that.

Fair enough. You're probably not gonna get shanked while in an Uber car or anything but the company is total scumbags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Taking the opportunity since it came up on the podcast to remind everyone to watch Redline if they haven't. Or if they have, watch it again.

On a related note I started Initial D and it's pretty cool. Pat's a big dumb baby.