Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Ruggington posted:

chu is the onomatopoeia for mouse squeaks

In Japanese, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
I'm so late but I always found the fire starters, generally, to be underwhelming compared to the other two in every gen. And I think Grass Starter looked the best in EVERY gen overall. With water coming in second. I'm sorry but Samurott just doesn't look cool to me. Maybe if the sprite was made to show the swords or something.

Generations (and also Origins for that matter) is everything the show should've been- a cool retelling of the stuff that happened in the games. They could've added filler episodes about friendship and whatever. I was so stoked though about how cool Probopass looked battling that now I want one haha. That scene excused his weird aesthetic about staches.

And I never cared for many route 1 pokemon- pidgey was cool. and honestly I can't remember what else. I usually bee-lined (heh) towards the forest for bug pokemon bc they are the best.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

cancerianmoth posted:

I was so stoked though about how cool Probopass looked battling that now I want one haha. That scene excused his weird aesthetic about staches.

I didn't realize that Probopass had freaking Options. I guess it makes sense, since Nosepass is a Moai head.

I want to train one now. :3:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

apparently its mustache is just iron filings stuck to its magnet nose

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It always reminded me of that stupid toy where you rearrange the guys hair by using a magnet because it's made of metal shavings.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Apropos of nothing, I want a Mega Sudowoodo that's one of those cell towers that's poorly disguised as a tree.

Rock/Steel.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
That's just a rocket base. Lake of Rage is somewhere in the background behind all those trees.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I want a Mega Electrode that gets Scrappy and 100 extra points in Speed.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

also give it boomburst

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
S

A

B

C

D

F

Fire rules, Water sucks, Grass is mostly cool.

Even as an adult, I still maintain the mentality that because Water beats Fire type-wise, I have to actively dislike it because Fire types are my favorite. Note that this dislike doesn't apply to Rock or Ground types.

It doesn't help that I genuinely dislike the Water type designs for the most part. I also hate the beach and rain. Basically, I'm Maxie IRL.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 19, 2016

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Electro Ball would finally become useful.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dexie posted:

I didn't realize that Probopass had freaking Options. I guess it makes sense, since Nosepass is a Moai head.

I want to train one now. :3:

how do you not notice this? do you not read pokedex entries?

"it exudes strong magnetism from all over. It controls three small units called Mini-Noses."

"It controls three units called Mini-Noses using magnetic force. With them, it can attack the foe from three directions."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
S Tier

The Rest
Who cares?

So hey, is there anyway to watch those Generation shorts in something higher than 1999 360p?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

Fire rules, Water sucks, Grass is mostly cool.

Even as an adult, I still maintain the mentality that because Water beats Fire type-wise, I have to actively dislike it because Fire types are my favorite. Note that this dislike doesn't apply to Rock or Ground types.

It doesn't help that I genuinely dislike the Water type designs for the most part. I also hate the beach and rain. Basically, I'm Maxie IRL.

But how can you hate water, when you yourself are composed of 70% water?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Elfgames posted:

how do you not notice this? do you not read pokedex entries?

"it exudes strong magnetism from all over. It controls three small units called Mini-Noses."

"It controls three units called Mini-Noses using magnetic force. With them, it can attack the foe from three directions."

I've never bothered getting a Probopass. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

S Tier

The Rest
Who cares?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

probopass is a compass from above

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Any starter that is not the Chikorita line, or specifically Samurott is cool and good and my friend.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i have a propensity for grass pokemon (chespin line owns) but chikorita is my kid i never talk about because i legit hate him

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I have a soft spot for Chikorita since she was my partner in Explorers of Sky, but she was only good because of Bullet Seed and Aromatherapy.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Chikorita is a good Pokémon in terms of concept. But really garbage as an actual starter.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Zuzie posted:

Chikorita is a good Pokémon in terms of concept. But really garbage as an actual starter.

Totodile/it's evolutions is the only gen 2 starter that seems like a starter.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Lock this thread until the release of sun and moon.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Meganium is cool and my friend. Typhlosion is a cuddly fire mammal. Gen 2 had boring started from a gameplay perspective but I like the designs.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Don't choice band your posts.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Lupus Rufus posted:

Meganium is cool and my friend. Typhlosion is a cuddly fire mammal. Gen 2 had boring started from a gameplay perspective but I like the designs.

so true. It's the only gen where I loved all the starters. Noctowl, Girafarig, Xatu, Umbreon, etc. Lots of good setting and poke designs. But that level curve at the end really ruined the fun of the general gameplay.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wait what no bullshit

*checks*

Goddamnit. Starting with Hoenn really hosed me up. Xatu, Chinchou, Skarmory, all these cool Pokemon I associate with the wrong gen. It's probably why I'm so unkind to gen 2, I don't properly credit it with any of its actual good designs. :shobon:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I need to get myself a Thundurus. I know they exist in OR/AS (I only have OR)... I'm thinking of trying to get the Therian forme stuffs from Dream Radar via White 2 though? How tedious is that?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Tedious. Enjoy catching like 100 fodder with ~Hidden Abilities~. Just offer up something reasonable for trade instead and you'll get it easily.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Lupus Rufus posted:

I need to get myself a Thundurus. I know they exist in OR/AS (I only have OR)... I'm thinking of trying to get the Therian forme stuffs from Dream Radar via White 2 though? How tedious is that?

Can't you just catch it and use the magic mirror thing on it to change forms?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Lock this thread until the release of sun and moon.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I know what you guys mean I just wish I had the will power to not read threads I'm not interested in but I'm just too darn stubborn! Someone stop me I cant help myself wah wah wah!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If I close the thread, you weirdos might spread to other threads and I can't have that. It stays open.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

I know what you guys mean I just wish I had the will power to not read threads I'm not interested in but I'm just too darn stubborn! Someone stop me I cant help myself wah wah wah!

i'm super interested in news about pokemon and not at all interested in people's favorite starters, since pikachu wasn't even an option so the poll was a joke from the start

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
no eevee, espeon or umbreon, the person making it should kill themselves for such stupidity

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if this thread was closed, I'd have to put a modicum of effort into keeping up news about the new games

that's asking too much

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

espeon rules

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2nobA4Ixvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBoI0_mNvJY

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

mandatory lesbian posted:

no eevee, espeon or umbreon, the person making it should kill themselves for such stupidity

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm thankful those posts led me to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6Kurn0HLk