Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
What’s Freyvia’s best damage rotation? Assuming two of them at 7*, hybrid DH builds, with max enchantments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Two, also rate up on the third step, and half of those units are not available anymore, *and* most of those units are very, very good at their jobs. or at least have silly good TMs.

I rarely have the lapis and tickets when time limited units come around, unless they’re ones I pull accidentally on dailies or something. Draculaswell and GL Sakura are the only ones I’ve got I think.

I’ll probably ticket for Sakura.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Voodoo posted:

What’s Freyvia’s best damage rotation? Assuming two of them at 7*, hybrid DH builds, with max enchantments.

Her self buff + FFB on turn one. Then triple flower assault, then double assault + riposte. After that you want to limit break to reenable her triple attack

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm probably gonna drop 100-200 laps this week on arena refreshes, something I've literally never done before in this game. The 1-3000 rank prize is 8 king burst pots this week and I really really need burst pots.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The new step up is a massive trap, you’ll never get the rainbow you want. Gumi always has a temptation banner right before something meta defining drops, save your Lapis for the new Christmas units.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cartoon Man posted:

The new step up is a massive trap, you’ll never get the rainbow you want. Gumi always has a temptation banner right before something meta defining drops, save your Lapis for the new Christmas units.

At the very least wait until we see what the new Christmas units do -- the Fan Festa banner should last that long.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s always the hoard for Akstar option too...

With Sieg released, next month is Folka for anybody still needing a 7* healer, followed by Big Boi Ignacio, and then Cid.

Akstar is after that, so probably four months out, March/April timeframe.

If you can’t wait, Jecht/Auron should drop sometime in February.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

For reference speculation, that step up doesn't have the Chinese New Year (Ang, Yun, Chow) nor Christmas (White Knight Noel, Kryla, Christine) characters on it. It's an easy pass for me, I don't want to get stuck with half a unit.

I'm gonna throw that GLEX UoC at good doggo Chow and hope his 7* makes him best doggo :shittydog:
Most of my GLEX rainbows are from collabs so they aren't on the list anyways and I really don't want to chase a 0.33% Doggo on the inevitiable triple rainbow CNY banner with off banner rainbows.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 11, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gonna be interesting to see what they come up with for CNY 2019: year of the goon.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Scrublord Prime posted:

For reference, that step up doesn't have the Chinese New Year (Ang, Yun, Chow) nor Christmas (White Knight Noel, Kryla, Christine) characters on it. It's an easy pass for me, I don't want to get stuck with half a unit.

Is that actually confirmed or is that just based on the graphic?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ugato posted:

Is that actually confirmed or is that just based on the graphic?

Not officially confirmed. I looked at the news on the step up that says:

gumi posted:

**** Any 5* units summoned will be 1 of the 16 featured global original units
And the UoC GLEX ticket lists 22 GLEX units. So if you subtract those 6 CNY and Christmas units you get 16 rainbows which matches the step up news. Plus the graphics doesn't show them :v:

e: updated my op to make it clear it wasn't official too

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 11, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The 1 of 16 part basically confirms it. Hadn’t seen that part.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I forgot I have the CNY chicken rider. I guess I could gamble on his 7* being legit and pick him for the select ticket? I feel like that will end in disappointment though...

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna be interesting to see what they come up with for CNY 2019: year of the goon.

Maybe they'll give us Zhu Bajie as the new rainbow. Incoming rake meta.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

I forgot I have the CNY chicken rider. I guess I could gamble on his 7* being legit and pick him for the select ticket? I feel like that will end in disappointment though...

His 7* will be out by around the big power creep so chances are he'll be good. The Christmas units Im less confident about, they are not in a good spot in terms of the powercurve and I hope they do what they did with the Nier units and just sit on enhancements till later

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
There has been some discussion over people really wanting Chow. I am curious to find out those of you that have Chow, if you want to make a 7*, and why if you do not, why you want one?

(please exclude "Because I like his sprite" or "Because I want the dog")

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

There has been some discussion over people really wanting Chow. I am curious to find out those of you that have Chow, if you want to make a 7*, and why if you do not, why you want one?

(please exclude "Because I like his sprite" or "Because I want the dog")

Magic Cover, Self-Reraise, buffs that prevent Stop or Charm for whole party, and is a fairly solid patch healer with Curaga. Additionally, his LB has both the big Damage reduction of Wilhelms, and a 54% MP restore to all units.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Chow has been my aces magic tank since I pulled him. His armor selection is great (has everything) and has DEF buffs for robes and SPR buffs for heavy armor. His weapons are limiting (he'd love Lilith's TMR mace but can't equip it) but he still has good options. Override, Aigaion Arm, or IW dagger gives him high tide for his LB (55% MP heal and 54% general mitigation for 1 turn @ lv25 LB) or Holy Wand for dual cast lets him d/c curaga, enunaga, or full life. Plus he can buff stop and charm immunity (on two different abilities though) and give himself reraise.

One problem is he has an innate ST cover. If he misses an AoE cover proc but hits the innate cover proc, well, :rip: No general status immunity like Mystea and A.Rain nor break resistance like Shylt too. No innate provoke either if you need that sort of tanking so he'll need Golem and other gear to do that which'll hurt his survivability.

I absolutely want to make him 7* even if I don't know what he'll bring. It might be a marginal upgrade like 7* LM Fina but he'll still be solid IMO. I'm hoping for w-ability though, turn 1 AoE cover and reraise or stop/charm immunity would be crazy :shittydog:

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 11, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am only curious because I have been hosed by my Chow numerous times, so I was curious if those that don’t have him are aware that he is way more testy.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
God help me, I may be falling into thus game again. 7*?? Madness.

I have 2 copies of orlandu, was using then to chain his special, would sacrificing one for a 7 be worth it? Or do I lose out more?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

I am only curious because I have been hosed by my Chow numerous times, so I was curious if those that don’t have him are aware that he is way more testy.

It's a definite advantage towards Basch, it's a dumb thing most magic tanks have. A.Rain, Chow, Mystea, and Shylt have the same 30% ST cover vs magic attacks. My luck hasn't been too bad but when it does happen... :argh:

e: help I'm bad at posting

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 11, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I have 2 copies of orlandu, was using then to chain his special, would sacrificing one for a 7 be worth it? Or do I lose out more?

Make that 7* Orlandu and chain with a buddy. There's a ton more Divine Ruination chainers out there too, the wiki has a list. See if you got any or pick friends from that list and chain with them.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I've been gone for several years so I need all new friends. I assume we've still got a goon list at the front of the thread I'll see what we've got.

Is there an effective way to clear old friend gifrs out? Because I apparently have thousands waiting for me. Probably not worth bothering

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Post your friend code here and in the discord too, I don't know if anybody still uses the spreadsheet. Also getting friend gifts is just... 99 at a time. Do it while watching TV or something, it's not critical to clean it out anytime soon really. If it's FP and if we ever get another FP for 3* TMR moogles then you might be set! they haven't announced any so the outlook is grim

Also I made some space for buddies: 479,088,281

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

I have a Chow and a 7* A.Rain, and 2 Basch. If I had to get another Magic tank it would be Beryl because he has damage potential along with his cover ability. Chow is nice but I can't see them adding enough to him, unless it's something like an AOE reraise that would make me automatically want a second copy of him. Not to mention I benched him for the exact same reason you did.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Scrublord Prime posted:

Make that 7* Orlandu and chain with a buddy. There's a ton more Divine Ruination chainers out there too, the wiki has a list. See if you got any or pick friends from that list and chain with them.

Yeah, do that! Lots of people have Divine Ruination-family chainers up.

Like me.

634, 188, 308 for anyone who wants to hop on board, I currently have a decent Fryevia up but sometimes switch to an event unit or Trance Terra. Goony message please so I know to accept!

Keep in mind that a lot of chainers like Hyoh and many Fryevias aren't set up for dual wielding, so you have to use their skill that lets them doublecast their abilities.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maintenance is a day early tonight...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/a593lg/warning_earlier_gl_maintenance_whats_ending_and/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:crossarms:

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I was neutral (if not just confused) about the collaboration until I saw that.

Now I'm 100% against it. I'm relatively certain I've had a nightmare exactly like that before.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Next time they ask what kind of collab I'd like to see them do, I'm going to put a different Final Fantasy in every suggestion box.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gimme those got dang SaGa crossovers now that RomSaGa 3 is coming overseas next year.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Skyridge posted:

I was neutral (if not just confused) about the collaboration until I saw that.

Now I'm 100% for it. I'm relatively certain I've had a nightmare fevered fantasies exactly like that before.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I got two rainbows off the 10+1!

...but they were Angry Potato #1 and Jiraiya #2.

Those aren't rainbows, those are insults.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So I just logged in and got:

A 10+1 ticket
10 select tickets?!
Another Fan Fest ticket

Are those 10 select tickets the ones that were mentioned previously, that I should hang onto until the Christmas event so I can get a double of something from Christmas?

Also, would someone mind outlining the new raid event things so I don't accidentally do the wrong thing? I see an equipment upgrade dungeon thing, but when it asked me to pick a piece of equipment, it didn't list all the items I have. For example, it didn't list Virtuous Contract or Genji Blade as options.

And then there's a music event? And a hidden treasure event?

If there's a place I could read up on these things that'd be awesome.

E: I just noticed that Lotus Mage CG Fina now has a 7th star available, so I guess I should look for a way to get another one of her to turn into a crystal.

Annath fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 12, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Duke, Aranea, Prompto, Lulu, Kunshira, Basch, Yuna, and LM Fina all just got stealth 7★.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Turn 1 AOE Reraise on 7* Fina seems nice enough for me to have already awakened her without checking any of her details.

Also somehow got Elfreeda #4 and Cloud #1 off the 1500 step on the Sieghard banner? Kinda wanted, you know, Sieghard, but Cloud probably does something nowadays, right? Hopefully?

(Also yeah, I'm assuming the fanfest select tickets aren't useable yet?)

EDIT without refreshing the page: Oh okay the tickets are used in the vortex menu. For some reason. Because.

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 12, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Popstar Katy's regular attack is also pretty good, just a bunch of TV head weirdos stamping the target to death.

You can 7★ and STMR her, she seems to be a decent evoker with spot heals and fire magic. A Citra/Yuna-ish mix. Great for someone without an evoker, though.

I kinda wish they'd do a Marilyn Manson collab. Just lean into hosed up poo poo.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Yo friend me goons, 308 305 899. Help me fill up my list again and enjoy my first 7*

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Festa step up was great for me:

Seaside Nichol x2
Beryl x2
Lucius
Malphaise #3

Annath posted:

So I just logged in and got:

A 10+1 ticket
10 select tickets?!
Another Fan Fest ticket

1) Are those 10 select tickets the ones that were mentioned previously, that I should hang onto until the Christmas event so I can get a double of something from Christmas?

2) Also, would someone mind outlining the new raid event things so I don't accidentally do the wrong thing? I see an equipment upgrade dungeon thing, but when it asked me to pick a piece of equipment, it didn't list all the items I have. For example, it didn't list Virtuous Contract or Genji Blade as options.

3) And then there's a music event?

4) And a hidden treasure event?

If there's a place I could read up on these things that'd be awesome.

E: I just noticed that Lotus Mage CG Fina now has a 7th star available, so I guess I should look for a way to get another one of her to turn into a crystal.

1) Yes, and no you can't save them for Christmas. I mean you could save them for a while but the Christmas units won't show up on them.

2) Weapon upgrade dungeon has a limited selection, Katanas aren't an option this time. You can't gently caress it up, but try to get more stuff for things your weapon is good at (Rods = Magic, etc.) or High Tide for short sworts. The options are random every time so if you don't get an option you want keep running again.

3) Limit time music event, unit is...as good as it gets for a free unit. Farm the event for the materials if you really want to craft all her gear.

4) Run it each day, one time, for a pot, cacutar and turtle.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

10+1 gave me Emporer Shera #3. And that’s about it. Question for everyone. I have 1 Lilith and 1 Ellesperis. Every thing on the select ticket I don’t have at all. Lilith worth the 7*? I don’t have a good magic cover tank yet really.