Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

soggybagel posted:

No its more fun to crush him for takes that went sour in retrospect.

Especially since he did that to others all the time back when he still wrote

The further we get away from it the more Bill being genuinely upset he wasn't considered for the T'Wolves gm job back in 2006 or whatever seems really childish and dumb because he has zero aptitude for this poo poo whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

kingcobweb posted:

He loving rules. ANT talks hypothetically about how he could have played all those different sports and JR Smith literally went back to school and became a golfer.

There was definitely a year or two where I was singing So Right and its sequel like every minute of every day, JR is sooo good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGT1dQHEd7E

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Ant is still on my shitlist for acting like such a prick in those texts

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

send da video (of the wolves hoisting the nba championship)

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

indigi posted:

This made me realize I've never ever seen or heard anyone reference him in regards to a perceptive insight or good prediction

Simmons was really popular when I was an aspiring journalism student in college (thank god I switched majors jfc), we all read Page 2 every day. His takes were probably just as bad back then and we all were naive and starved for content (the competition was Peter King, who needed to retire even back then), but still, I'll always appreciate him for giving us Grantland.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

rivetz posted:

Ant is still on my shitlist for acting like such a prick in those texts

imagine michael jordan in the screenshot era 😳

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRVu1w-V8hc

sigh
https://twitter.com/CTabatabaie/status/1672832773730578432

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

nikosoft posted:

Simmons was really popular when I was an aspiring journalism student in college (thank god I switched majors jfc), we all read Page 2 every day. His takes were probably just as bad back then and we all were naive and starved for content (the competition was Peter King, who needed to retire even back then), but still, I'll always appreciate him for giving us Grantland.

Dr. Z and Gregg Easterbrook erasure

speaking of old rear end sportswriters even as a kid I knew Pete Prisco was a dipshit

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
NGL, having alopecia seems kinda awesome. Never having to shave and still being smooth as a harbor seal

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
always believed in the cavs baby love da cavs

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
On this very special day, both Naz Reid and Cavs.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Got a little too much dog in him

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Frankie Wagner's boxscore

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Go Cavs Donovan Mitchell rules I never doubted even for a second, Wolves Cavs final let's go

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Chairchucker posted:

Go Cavs Donovan Mitchell rules I never doubted even for a second, Wolves Cavs final let's go

:hai:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

dokmo posted:

Someone who is familiar with basketball help me, is this good? Small numbers are better right

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Woozie66 posted:

Someone who is familiar with basketball help me, is this good? Small numbers are better right

hey he's made a field goal, that's more than I'd be able to do.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lol, Ant has arrived as a super star

https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/1787175675222167856

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Thank god, that was a horrible call

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
He’s just a deeply religious satanist, gotta respect him for his dedication.

The thing that bothers me the most about Simmons is that boomer thing where every time some surprising thing happens like a player has a great season, he says “I was on this from the start”, ignoring that a) no he wasn’t, and b) he has millions of bad takes that he forgets about.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

dokmo posted:

Still better than Tobias

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
CAVS

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Forgive my ignorance but does this actually do anything or is it merely just an official acknowledgement that the call was bad?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Forgive my ignorance but does this actually do anything or is it merely just an official acknowledgement that the call was bad?

If you get 7 in the playoffs you get suspended a game.

So both acknowledgement and also just incase he gets more and is getting close to the auto suspend number.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Now you may ask who could possibly get 7 technicals in one playoffs, well

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

For someone like Ant, Yes.

For someone like Draymond (or in the older era Rasheed Wallace) it means they are one step away from automatic suspension.

e:fb but hey let's think who else tempts fate

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
You also get fined a couple grand

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/vincestaples/status/1787252614243254719

lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wolves should get a bonus point the next time they have that ref

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

oh no the KAnon thread is leaking

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
There's a slm chance that Rudy Gobert ends up as finals MVP.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

lol

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Red Rox posted:

There's a slm chance that Rudy Gobert ends up as finals MVP.

There's a slim chance Naz Reid is finals MVP!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

soggybagel posted:

There's a slim chance Naz Reid is finals MVP!

if the wolves make it its him or ant bruh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1786927635987046579?t=2cCnNJzpBfW-GLmp46_ZoA&s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

why did his jumper disappear this year

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It was never really there

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

dokmo posted:

Wagner paying tribute to his idol: John Starks

EDIT: I looked that game back up and holy poo poo John Starks took more shots than Patrick Ewing in Game Seven of the NBA Finals :laffo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think this has anything to do with it being Ant lol. Tech was so bad the announcers were still going on about it five minutes later, and then they went off again when Murray did the finger guns on the 4 point play and it went uncalled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Wagner paying tribute to his idol: John Starks

EDIT: I looked that game back up and holy poo poo John Starks took more shots than Patrick Ewing in Game Seven of the NBA Finals :laffo:

We got rap battles these days so he could pay tribute in a funnier way