Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

PerilPastry posted:

does anyone even bring up the Virgil drama?

yeah they all called him a soy simp cuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Virgil has given up the Jokeman lyfestyle and been baptized as a new man

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I liked the episode but I miss Virgil. I hope he's happy with his nice wonk podcast.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1364463238277169152

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I dunno is the nagging wife Tsundere-qualifying already or not?

i was gonna ask what japanese cartoon stereotype is Peg Bundy?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Whatever it’s called when the anime lady wants to gently caress the protagonist who completely ignores their advances, which is the Peggy/Al dynamic and also recurrent in amine.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

PerilPastry posted:

does anyone even bring up the Virgil drama?

you really have to take a long hard look in the mirror if your posting is reduced to asking strangers about imagined drama on a podcast you dont even listen to

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i thought it was really rude (and lowkey kinda sexist???) when the boys said that they were gonna help amber find a husband and then just played jimmy soul's hit song "if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life" for the audience

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

So where's the black wolf feed?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

So where's the black wolf feed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackWolfFeed/comments/lro79f/time_for_my_stories_1_sons_of_anarchy/

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Stav and Will went on Mike Recines podcast

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
yeah im not paying for another service and another podcast

how the gently caress much are they making off chapo per month.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Eustace posted:

you really have to take a long hard look in the mirror if your posting is reduced to asking strangers about imagined drama on a podcast you dont even listen to

Chill friend. I do listen, and I actually miss having Virgil on more. I was just curious if it got brought up since it seemed like pretty obvious roast fodder.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Halloween Liker posted:

I assume this is more to help prop up stitcher for their friends than because they need more money

But lol if you don't just steal it instead

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i dont understand what stitcher is

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

THS posted:

i dont understand what stitcher is

Podcasting website/app.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i already have a podcast app on my iphone its called “podcasts” and it plays podcasts that i either search for or add via rss feed links. it works fine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wolfsheim posted:

I assume this is more to help prop up stitcher for their friends than because they need more money

But lol if you don't just steal it instead

I thought they got paid by stitcher to do this?

The blowback model is pretty bad imo. If you're trying to attract more of a listenership than you have to put out some free content to attract casual listeners. If it's all behind a paywall you're only going to get people that were already interested.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't much care for this first episode because it's like a series retrospective on a show I didn't watch. I liked the way This is Sus mostly just stuck to single episodes so they could talk about the show in terms of a couple of easy to rundown plots. A lot of this episode is just "God, remember when Jax did X" "Oh yeah that was loving stupid Kurt Sutter is a broken person for thinking that's cool it rules to be that broken."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Liker posted:

You can listen to it for free very easily

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

I don't much care for this first episode because it's like a series retrospective on a show I didn't watch. I liked the way This is Sus mostly just stuck to single episodes so they could talk about the show in terms of a couple of easy to rundown plots. A lot of this episode is just "God, remember when Jax did X" "Oh yeah that was loving stupid Kurt Sutter is a broken person for thinking that's cool it rules to be that broken."

The first episode felt like a copy of an episode they did about the Mayans M.C.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I gotta admit, I became way less interested when i saw that the cohost was Matt instead of Felix's sister.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
hmmm

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
I'm not really sure why they went with Stitcher for the TV podcast but with Blowback is makes sense. It became free after a few months and received some mainstream legitimacy, coverage in the press, normal people crossover.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Should have done this is sus and every episode is with his sister and about "a million little things".

Us being robbed of Felix finding out the suicide was over survivor's guilt because jon didn't go to his job on 9/11 thus not dying is terrible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Should have done this is sus and every episode is with his sister and about "a million little things".

Us being robbed of Felix finding out the suicide was over survivor's guilt because jon didn't go to his job on 9/11 thus not dying is terrible.

:lol:

Just reaching for the biggest, reddest button they can possibly press

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/1364991423775453195?s=20

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

I knew Virgil Texas. I served with Virgil Texas. Virgil Texas was a friend of mine.

Congresswoman, you're no Virgil Texas.

https://twitter.com/LittenRed/status/1077323179453022208?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
speaking of Virgil, he's still quite funny

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1365055891440082959

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

wow I never realized how much Virgil's voice sounds like Howard Stern

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
virgil is great, like, best chapo after amber

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
my pet theory is he is a rules junkie. he knew how all the politicking officially works, and all the weirdo primary rules, and what a loving caucus is, and the fact that all of that was thrown out the window and they just picked the person they wanted behind closed doors broke his brain.

I don't think folks like Matt had any illusion about the legitimacy of the process and therefore had no veil to be torn down. Flipping a coin, looking at the result, and then calling it? sure, that's democracy baby.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I assumed he got mono

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Delta-Wye posted:

my pet theory is he is a rules junkie. he knew how all the politicking officially works, and all the weirdo primary rules, and what a loving caucus is, and the fact that all of that was thrown out the window and they just picked the person they wanted behind closed doors broke his brain.

I don't think folks like Matt had any illusion about the legitimacy of the process and therefore had no veil to be torn down. Flipping a coin, looking at the result, and then calling it? sure, that's democracy baby.

even matt had to do a few months of intensive grill pill therapy after the bernie loss. it was hard on even the most cynical

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

thotsky posted:

virgil is great, like, best chapo after amber

i hear Reply All needs another host!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The real Virgil was tried, convicted and killed by a secret military tribunal. The “Virgil” who hosts Bad Faith is merely a deepfake clone. You can tell because everything he says on Bad Faith has just been spliced together from his Chapo appearances.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Seams posted:

The real Virgil was tried, convicted and killed by a secret military tribunal. The “Virgil” who hosts Bad Faith is merely a deepfake clone. You can tell because everything he says on Bad Faith has just been spliced together from his Chapo appearances.

:hmmyes:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Seams posted:

im not 100% sure anyone would notice if they replaced his parts on chapo episodes with an occasional computer generated nonsequitur interjection or the repeated sounds of someone making whipped cream(?)

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

THS posted:

even matt had to do a few months of intensive grill pill therapy after the bernie loss. it was hard on even the most cynical

Bernie losing as COVID got into full swing did a loving number on me, as I'm pretty sure it did a lot of people. His first few streams on IG were raw as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I still get emotional when I see the Nevada results.