Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
someone post the tard getting punched asap

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Bip Roberts posted:

Here you go

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/jasonpinter/status/946070219176513536

Documents from Milo suing his publisher who decided not to publish his book.

Seriously, read them, they're great.

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Bip Roberts posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/946145666849492993

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonpinter/status/946070219176513536

Documents from Milo suing his publisher who decided not to publish his book.

Seriously, read them, they're great.

That's the literary equivalent of a flying elbow from the top turnbuckle. :drat:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Master Twig posted:

Here you go

:bisonyes:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

Yes, it's possible, but most people dislike Nazis quite a bit more than they dislike people who dislike Nazis. In fact, most people like people who dislike Nazis.

Thanks for reminding me I need to finish Wolfenstein 2!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Lawyer who once advised Martin Shkreli has been convicted of helping him defraud a pharmaceutical company

quote:

Evan Greebel, who was outside counsel to Shkreli's former company Retrophin, was found guilty by a federal jury in Brooklyn of charges he conspired to commit wire fraud and securities fraud, prosecutors said.

:getin:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

You do it to yourself, you dooo

bada bow

and that's what really hurts

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

danke

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That dude is like irl Kenny Powers.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/Hk1YLOT.mp4

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

This is some feelbadenfreude since m'dude is just trying to fix someone else's fuckup by flipping the bike's ignition switch off.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Free bike fights for his people's freedom.

No riders no masters :patriot:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ro5s posted:

Free bike fights for his people's freedom.

No riders no masters :patriot:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mike (that loving piece of poo poo) is just a long way off and that bike's in a fighty mood

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dumb. posted:

This is some feelbadenfreude since m'dude is just trying to fix someone else's fuckup by flipping the bike's ignition switch off.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

Schadenfreude isn't "just deserts" or anything, it's laughing at absolutely any kind of misfortune (deserved or not)

A road bike making a break for freedom and fighting off anyone who tries to bring it back to captivity is pretty funny

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Schadenfreude isn't "just deserts" or anything, it's laughing at absolutely any kind of misfortune (deserved or not)

A road bike making a break for freedom and fighting off anyone who tries to bring it back to captivity is pretty funny

I have been informed by an actual German person that Schadenfreude needs to be 1) someone in pain in a way that is 2) in some way funny. That's it. It can be karmic justice, it can be a silly situation, it can be some sort of poetic / tragic thing, but it just needs to have something more to it than a person in pain.

So yeah, a bike that is already going mental taking out the person shutting it down? Definite Schadenfreude.

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot
I thought he was trying to push to bike over, which is a great way to drive it into yourself because those things are self-correcting.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If he was super on the ball he might have been able to grab the clutch and idle it down, but that’s a hell of a thing to get right on the first try

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NMamatas/status...agenumber%3D805

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Data Graham posted:

If he was super on the ball he might have been able to grab the clutch and idle it down, but that’s a hell of a thing to get right on the first try

He's on the wrong side, tho.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh yeah, poo poo

And I thought that through carefully before posting too

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Nick_Craver/status/945800330641539073

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

szary posted:

I just had to google that... :stonk:

Your Google fu is better than mine. I can't lie, I typically avoid death footage, but that description intrigued me.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Your Google fu is better than mine. I can't lie, I typically avoid death footage, but that description intrigued me.

Here's his Wiki (graphic description, but no images): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gernot_Reinstadler

You can find the footage on Youtube yourself.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

Gernot Reinstadler, if you want the details without the gore. One article I found mentioned that he lost 35 liters between the crash and when he died in the hospital later that evening.

Edit: Oops, bit too slow.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Dec 28, 2017

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Skippy McPants posted:

Gernot Reinstadler, if you want the details without the gore. One article I found mentioned that he lost 35 liters between the crash when he died that evening in the hospital.

3.5. 35 liters of blood is just under six people.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Skippy McPants posted:

Gernot Reinstadler, if you want the details without the gore. One article I found mentioned that he lost 35 liters between the crash when he died that evening in the hospital.

You don’t have 35 liters of blood in you. At all.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Alternative pants posted:

3.5. 35 liters of blood is just under six people.

VanSandman posted:

I know that, 35 liters after hours in the hospital. They gave him multiple blood transfusions.

Source.

quote:

The shock is enormous. Hardly anyone dares look up. Soon after Bruno Durrer, the race doctor experienced in mountain rescue, arrives at the casualty. The injured is immediately flown to the hospital in Interlaken. By 8pm news arrives that he has lost 35 litres of blood.

Shortly before 1am Fredy Fuchs receives the call from Professor Paul Günter from Interlaken that he was dreading so much. After a six-hour operation Gernot Reinstadler dies at 12.43pm as a result of heavy bleeding in the pelvic region.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

VanSandman posted:

They kept putting more in and it just kept coming back out, like when my Dad tried to change the oil in his car that one time

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

If I'm reading that correctly, he got cracked open like a wishbone?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

If I'm reading that correctly, he got cracked open like a wishbone?

Basically. But everything stayed (floppily) attached. Poor bastard, it sounds like an awful finish.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They kept putting more in and it just kept coming back out, like when my Dad tried to change the oil in his car that one time

Its like trying to fill a soup can with no bottom.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

An editor slowly dies inside as he realises why you shouldn't give a book deal to a troll.
https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/946347142012051456
e: read full thread. I can't embed good

Sparticle has a new favorite as of 15:10 on Dec 28, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Aren't skis designed to detach?

I mean, shittily designed safety web notwithstanding, why didn't the skis come off when they got caught up in the webbing?

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Just watched the video. My desire to go skiing could not possibly get any lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Indolent Bastard posted:

Poor bastard, it sounds like an awful finish.

Yeah he lost a lots of points on style, really hosed up his average