Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Arabian Jesus posted:

It's a good idea to take a little break when you become emotionally invested in a leadership race.

If Helsing's posts have taught me anything it's better to shift our focus now to getting leftwing candidates nominated at the city and provincial level and work towards dragging the overton window kicking and screaming to the left.

Speaking of local candidates, I know there's several posters who live in Ottawa Centre riding. What do people think about the ONDP candidates here? (http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/reevely-ottawa-centres-provincial-ndp-fields-strongest-nomination-contenders-in-years).

I know a lot of people who know Joel Harden, and he seems to best fit the mold of grassroots/activist organizer that Helsing always talks about. He also seems to be uncompromising in his views, and wouldn't play to the center just to get votes. Angella MacEwen also seems like she would be good. I don't know much about the other candidates though. Barber sounds like a centrist.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 9, 2022

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"Jagmeet and greet" is a good thread title imo.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
instagram election 2019, Trudeau vs Turban Trudeau. You better believe in the ground work of Jagmeet

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 9, 2022

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Can't even call him a drama teacher, he's got his Osgoode Hall pass like basically every other Canadian leader.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Election 2020: Herbin' vs. Turban

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Liberal Government 2020: A Colossal Jagfuck

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Wistful of Dollars posted:

"Jagmeet and greet" is a good thread title imo.

Jagmeet the new boss.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Leofish posted:

Jagmeet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

*gazes into a crystal ball*

50/50 centrist vote split. lefties stay home because "trudeau's got this"

Scheer wins a majority with 32% of the vote, under 20% of eligible voters.

"we need to get rid of FPTP" ~The liberals for the next 5 years

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
What if the moderators could shorten CI's probabtion, if they watched an episode of "Still Standing" and wrote a brief summary.

Bonus if it is an episode that features a community pulling themselves up thanks to an inflated real estate market, AND houses a contingent of the armed forces.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Please don't deadname the centrists. They prefer to be called Progressives

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > CanPol Megathread: Jagmeet and Greet imo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

:chloe:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Jesus loving christ EMay is dumb.

EDIT: I mean, she's factually correct that Canada doesn't elect Prime Ministers, but that's not what Singh was saying.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

nice womansplain emay

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/ManishaKrishnan/status/914859718337859585

Oh the CBC.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I just discovered the Twitter of Gary Marshall who started the Libertarian "Manitoba Party" in the last provincial election and keeps parachuting himself into every by-election hoping to get a seat. His major promise was a 10% flat tax to "Make Manitoba a corporate tax haven". This is pure batshit gold right here.

https://twitter.com/Garymbparty

lmao

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

eXXon posted:

Jesus, this is dire.

It's funny how so many of these stories involve a government regulator proposing harsh penalties for non-compliance (read: poisoning and killing people) including modest fines and strong finger wagging, followed by consultation with industry lobbyists where they say "nah no thanks", and the government shrugging and giving up.

It's loving awful and by all accounts it looks like it wouldn't be that expensive to you know, not poison the loving air. I wonder if any of this(or things yet to be discover) made Brad Wall resign/retire.

This got lost with Jagmeet, but everyone should seriously read this

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/2017/10/01/that-rotten-stench-in-the-air-its-the-smell-of-deadly-gas-and-secrecy.html

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Rime posted:

Stoked on the NDP result, LOL @ the pitiful number of votes for Ashton. Hopefully future Tumblrite candidates will take note.

She did pretty ok, she basically matched Angus who was supposed to be a favorite.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Do it ironically posted:

so i just passingly heard the terrorist from Edmonton was a refugee, hmmm

So I just passingly heard the Vegas "lone wolf" was a 64 year old white male, hmmmmmmmmmm

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Stop responding to that worthless sack of poo poo, there's no point in engaging people like this. PT6A came around (mostly), dumbasses like him won't, including that trump fellating dumbass who posts here too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A Typical Goon posted:

So I just passingly heard the Vegas "lone wolf" was a 64 year old white male, hmmmmmmmmmm

You were warned about baby boomers ruining everything, and you ignored the warnings, that's what you get.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Elizabeth May is such a loving idiot.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The ethnicity of these terrorists is irrelevent. The government is always at the origin of these massacres, theyre all false flags.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

The ethnicity of these terrorists is irrelevent. The government is always at the origin of these massacres, theyre all false flags.

Oh my god just go away

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

HookShot posted:

Elizabeth May is such a loving idiot.

BC crazy is a whole nothing something ain'it

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
To be fair, Elizabeth May is definitely an expert at how to not become the Prime Minister.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:thunk: :punto: :gaz: :fuzzknot: :poolgirl: :smoobles: :wedass: :yokotaro: :jamez: :crafty: :how: :their:

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

hey look you almost had a moment of insight, too bad you went idiotic at the end there

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

well there's a song that isn't leaving my brain today, thanks for that

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Stop responding to that worthless sack of poo poo, there's no point in engaging people like this. PT6A came around (mostly), dumbasses like him won't, including that trump fellating dumbass who posts here too.

Man why’d you have to light the signal

Hey smoke sumthin bitch while you’re here what do you think of Julie Payette being our new head of state? I didn’t vote for her, that’s for sure.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Arivia posted:

What do you think of Julie Payette being our new head of state? I didn’t vote for her, that’s for sure.

I welcome you to CanPol and hope 4 friendship, but Canada doesn't elect Governor Generals.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress off and die.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

Arivia posted:

what do you think of Julie Payette being our new head of state?

She's not.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

McGavin posted:

I welcome you to CanPol and hope 4 friendship, but Canada doesn't elect Governor Generals.

:thejoke:

Also I’ve been posting in CanPol for ages.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Arivia posted:

Man why’d you have to light the signal

Hey smoke sumthin bitch while you’re here what do you think of Julie Payette being our new head of state? I didn’t vote for her, that’s for sure.

Its revolting. How the gently caress are we, in 2017, letting a family of foreign imperialist tyrants appoint their viceroy to go on and symbolicaly rule over us. Its the kind of poo poo that has historically conditionned the canadian population into being submissive cowards who hate liberty. We need our own god drat 1776 asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Its revolting. How the gently caress are we, in 2017, letting a family of foreign imperialist tyrants appoint their viceroy to go on and symbolicaly rule over us. Its the kind of poo poo that has historically conditionned the canadian population into being submissive cowards who hate liberty. We need our own god drat 1776 asap

Shut up, stop posting, gently caress off a cliff