Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
We're still not getting prop rep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Stop 👏 quoting 👏 SSB!

Thank you for doing your part to improve the CanPol reading experience!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Reality Winner posted:

We're still not getting prop rep.

Federally or provincially?

Actually the answer is the same, world is a gently caress, etc.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm unhappy!!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/CBCPolitics/status/914919881153400839

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Manitoba PCs took a record amount of money out of Manitoba Hydro through water rentals(6% - 2017 vs 5% - 2016 of rev.), capital taxes(6% - 2017 vs 5% - 2016 of rev.) and 'debt guarantees' (5% - 2017 vs 4% - 2016 of rev.) and didn't have the Crown Corporation put any extra money aside or towards the massive debt problem they claim Hydro has. They are going to balance the budget through tripling Hydro rates then sell it off to the highest bidder.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

JawKnee posted:

Federally or provincially?

Actually the answer is the same, world is a gently caress, etc.

Federally. I dont mind Jagmeet but I dont think he'll ever draw support in quebec or rural ontario.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
The parts of rural Ontario that vote Conservative are very different than the NDP-voting northern rural areas of the province. It's not the same kind of rural, and I don't think any dipper was going to make serious inroads in cottage country or the farmlands. Too much money there.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

I couldn't believe what I read about the vote in Catalonia

:stonk:

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

Reality Winner posted:

Federally. I dont mind Jagmeet but I dont think he'll ever draw support in quebec or rural ontario.

As far as Quebec is concerned, we shouldn't make too many assumptions at this time. Remember that the Trudeau name used to be very toxic in Quebec.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/09/22/if-jagmeet-singh-wins-the-ndp-leadership-dont-assume-he-will-be-rejected-in-quebec-hbert.html

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

What about it? From my very brief reading of it, the regional government tried to hold a referendum not supported by national law, local opposition parties abstained and called on people to boycott the vote, national police tried to prevent it from happening, and sure 90% voted for separation, but turnout was only 40% which, combined with the boycott calls probably means only the 'separate' side turned out at all.

The police brutality sucks of course, but none of this is surprising.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 2, 2017

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Yes who would've imagined an ex-fascist country that took pains to avoid addressing its past would tend toward fascism and authoritarianism?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PT6A posted:

Stop 👏 quoting 👏 SSB!

Thank you for doing your part to improve the CanPol reading experience!

Maybe if mods did their job and shut the fucker up.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DariusLikewise posted:

Manitoba PCs took a record amount of money out of Manitoba Hydro through water rentals(6% - 2017 vs 5% - 2016 of rev.), capital taxes(6% - 2017 vs 5% - 2016 of rev.) and 'debt guarantees' (5% - 2017 vs 4% - 2016 of rev.) and didn't have the Crown Corporation put any extra money aside or towards the massive debt problem they claim Hydro has. They are going to balance the budget through tripling Hydro rates then sell it off to the highest bidder.

You forgot the part about Brian Pallister becoming a board chairman and then his wife becoming Lieutenant Governor. Sorry for the spoilers, but I'm old enough to have seen the original before this remake started.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

InfiniteZero posted:

You forgot the part about Brian Pallister becoming a board chairman and then his wife becoming Lieutenant Governor. Sorry for the spoilers, but I'm old enough to have seen the original before this remake started.

Oh I know the script, I just can't believe we are going through this all over again.

Is there anyway way to see how much stock the Filmons had in MTS when it was sold to Bell? Is that public information?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

just another posted:

The parts of rural Ontario that vote Conservative are very different than the NDP-voting northern rural areas of the province. It's not the same kind of rural, and I don't think any dipper was going to make serious inroads in cottage country or the farmlands. Too much money there.

Rural Ontario will love jagmeet, that guy is just dripping with sweet toxic masculinity. Side note, it's neat that our PM is 45 and the leaders of the major two opposition parties are in their 30s. Maybe boomers just won't vote next election.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress off and die.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Shut up, stop posting, gently caress off a cliff

Vintersorg posted:

Maybe if mods did their job and shut the fucker up.

2 harmless posts in back from a 1 month probation and the canpol fascists are not only trying to censor me, theyre also calling for my death... It cant be good for your health to be so angry all the time for no reason, you guys should pop an ativan and smoke one. Seriously.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/CBCTerry/status/914962745879121922

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

2 harmless posts in back from a 1 month probation and the canpol fascists are not only trying to censor me, theyre also calling for my death... It cant be good for your health to be so angry all the time for no reason, you guys should pop an ativan and smoke one. Seriously.

Everything you say in this thread is like an endless fountain of toxic poo poo

gently caress off

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Oh this will end well...

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Shut up, gently caress off, go fellate yourself in front of an infowars video, stop posting forever.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

gently caress sake, just put him on ignore.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

this happened for the same reason why he didn't have an answer about pipelines in debate 1. he doesn't actually have ideas and values of his own that would enable him to synthesize answers on the fly. just a blank slate for people to project their hopes and wishes onto

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

THC posted:

this happened for the same reason why he didn't have an answer about pipelines in debate 1. he doesn't actually have ideas of his own. just a blank slate for people to project their hopes and wishes onto

It worked for Trudeau.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

PittTheElder posted:

What about it? From my very brief reading of it, the regional government tried to hold a referendum not supported by national law, local opposition parties abstained and called on people to boycott the vote, national police tried to prevent it from happening, and sure 90% voted for separation, but turnout was only 40% which, combined with the boycott calls probably means only the 'separate' side turned out at all.

The police brutality sucks of course, but none of this is surprising.

The Spanish government could have called the referendum bullshit and leave it at that. Instead, police and military forces used violence to prevent voting, raided polling stations, randomized seized ballot boxes.

That the referendum was not considered legal in Spain or that opposition parties refused to participate do not justify the violence. Hence my reaction.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

THC posted:

this happened for the same reason why he didn't have an answer about pipelines in debate 1. he doesn't actually have ideas and values of his own that would enable him to synthesize answers on the fly. just a blank slate for people to project their hopes and wishes onto

Someone’s mad about the new leader

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

Someone’s mad about the new leader

Well, if you look at the leadership campaign through a gendered lens, I think you'll find... :words:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

someone's demonstrating love and courage by gloating annoyingly for multiple pages

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

someone's demonstrating love and courage by gloating annoyingly for multiple pages

You could not be more of a sore loser than this post, grow up

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

You could not be more of a sore loser than this post, grow up

But the brown man won, how will life ever go on??? :qq:

EDIT: I'll stop making fun of butthurt-THC when it stops being enjoyable. So, it'll be a few more pages at least.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I'm not actually unhappy about this at all lol keep on projecting

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Who left this corncob in here?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im like, mildly disappointed that my favourite didn't win (I was not seriously expecting her to win)

& im worried my suspicions about him being an opportunistic empty suit may prove correct

sorry no meltdown for you guys today

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

THC posted:

im like, mildly disappointed that my favourite didn't win (I was not seriously expecting her to win)

& im worried my suspicions about him being an opportunistic empty suit may prove correct

:qqsay:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

nice meltdown

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I'm disappointed that the left wing of the NDP couldn't find a more compelling candidate to coalesce around than Nikki Ashton.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I picked Ashton because as lame as her campaign was, it had a bunch of ideas I really liked the sound of and want to hear more about in our politics. I'm sick of voting for the NDP just because they're the only other option. I'm not surprised she didn't win but I'm disappointed the party lined up behind a dude that seems to ooze the same kind of stand for nothing empty platitudes we got from the last two assholes who ran the joint into the ground

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Layton really loving ruined the NDP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The next person who says anything about "Jack"'s vision is going to get punched right in the oranges.