Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

WWE: better warn the hicks that we're about to bust out an obscure little trick that we in the WWE Universe (tm)(c) like to call "story telling". Gotta give 'em time to get their brains warmed up first, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's gonna be fun watching all this gloating about a 2 month build and then in the end it's just gonna be Cody or Punk winning anyway

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

every day of december they will reveal one of the thirty participants of the Men's Royal Rumble

then, every day of january they will reveal one of the thirty participants of the Women's Royal Rumble

A wrestling advent calendar isn't an awful idea. The only problem is a WWE advent calendar is one of those disappointing ones which only have rubbish illustrations of biblical scenes behind the doors, not a single chocolate

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol the cover of WON. This freak thinks Dave writes PWI
https://twitter.com/dickdrainersXXX/status/1729253076677046430

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

fez_machine posted:

lol the cover of WON. This freak thinks Dave writes PWI
https://twitter.com/dickdrainersXXX/status/1729253076677046430

Already gone.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I’m sad I missed the tweet from dickdrainersXXX

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

and all the other tweets from the 29 previous dick drainers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's good that the promo was boring

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1729354138033508740

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

"Because wrestlers are soft," he said while praising the softest man in the business.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Never forget that this man was so salty about a throw away line from hanger that he stayed and became exponentially madder over a period of months

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

dumbass said retraint

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TheComebackSpot/status/1729354525549412768

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Drakkel posted:

It's gonna be fun watching all this gloating about a 2 month build and then in the end it's just gonna be Cody or Punk winning anyway

Lol cm punk will have been fired by the rumble

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Huge if true

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Definitely two words that come to mind with Thin Skinned Phil are maturity & acceptance

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I wouldn't have used the word "biting" there, tbh.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I thought Punk got elbowed in the balls, not the retraint?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Paul10815135/status/1729373290592977142

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

What the gently caress do these people think a flip is?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lamuella posted:

When a Mexican wrestles.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lamuella posted:

AEW matches are nothing but flips and botches, it must be true I heard it on a podcast.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Oh now the first name with numbers guy is gonna preach to us!!!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk is learning and listening and doing the work and understanding the assignment and unpacking his privilege knapsack and I quite frankly am here for it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I love all these (now) Punk lovers that shat on him after his Rampage promo. Brainwashed to the extreme.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1729449145406992716

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Speaking of Leslie he’s on record as thinking QT sucks but now thinks QT leaving AEW is bad.

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1729294819774586921?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, it probably sucks to have a weird personal issue with Punk, huh?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So the argument is that if you were wrong about a wrestler in 2006 you hate them forever?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Is Leslie hyped for blood money dick shows now?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seams posted:

Speaking of Leslie he’s on record as thinking QT sucks but now thinks QT leaving AEW is bad.

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1729294819774586921?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Checks out. If a guy who sucks leaves a company that you also think sucks, it reinforces how bad the company must suck for the sucky guy to want out.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cult of Pies posted:

everyone is saying punk this and punk that, but no-one is saying heath this and jericho that!

Not the stupidest thing. Jericho would cost a ton more than Heath obviously, but allegedly TNA was in talks with Punk. Also Jericho is ballsy in his choices and having AXS become the Fozzy Network could appeal to him. I don't see it happening, but it's an interesting idea.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Alaois posted:

every day of december they will reveal one of the thirty participants of the Men's Royal Rumble

then, every day of january they will reveal one of the thirty participants of the Women's Royal Rumble

Sean Mooney (probably?) announcing names and showing pictures of all these crazily different people for the 1991 Royal Rumble is what got me hooked on pro wrestling immediately.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nick Hausman posted:

Curiously, one of the reasons he listed for his AEW resignation was that he felt the company had changed since its inception in 2019 and was now moving in a new direction. Based on those I have spoken with close to Marshall, he was alluding to the fact he believes AEW is heading in a more NJPW-related direction that is more focused on matches than storytelling.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

What the gently caress?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

New Japan matches, famously bereft of storytelling

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

New Japan matches, famously bereft of storytelling

Just some guys wrestling for no established reason.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

one thing i'm taking away from stuff coming out about QT is that AEW needs to level up its CTE protocol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

JUNGLE BOY posted:

one thing i'm taking away from stuff coming out about QT is that AEW needs to level up its CTE protocol

I'm legit more interested in this story than Punk on Raw.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

... why isn't this the AEW were getting?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

Nick Hausman posted:
Curiously, one of the reasons he listed for his AEW resignation was that he felt the company had changed since its inception in 2019 and was now moving in a new direction. Based on those I have spoken with close to Marshall, he was alluding to the fact he believes AEW is heading in a more NJPW-related direction that is more focused on matches than storytelling.

This is the most off the wall statement I've ever seen from this man