Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What I like about Watch Dogs 2 and Fenyx Stupid Name is that you get all your important tools at the beginning of the game. While some poo poo on the map may be harder than other poo poo you never feel like you're missing any mechanics by delaying the main plot and just exploring the world. What games do the opposite and also poorly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm not really someone with a big problem with random encounters in RPGs. I enjoy them in a lof of ganes.

But if someone who hates random encounters described the experience as anything like how in Yakuza Kiwami, Kiryu has to get into three identical street fights while going around the corner to see if a nearby shop has sake? I'd completely understand.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

You are not going to finish Kiwami. The enemy hyper-armor and knockdown will see quiting by chapter 10.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Isn't that game set in a vampire concentration camp
maybe the vampires in that universe are just too horny to infect anyone who owns a bra

At the end there's a big reveal that outside of the vampire concentration camp the world is completely overrun by giant monsters with old-man-statue faces

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What I like about Watch Dogs 2 and Fenyx Stupid Name is that you get all your important tools at the beginning of the game. While some poo poo on the map may be harder than other poo poo you never feel like you're missing any mechanics by delaying the main plot and just exploring the world. What games do the opposite and also poorly?

I love Far Cry 3, but some of the best, most fun abilities in the game don't get unlocked until more than half way through, when the game has already had it's most meaningful climax and you've killed what is by far the best villain.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
Things dragging games down for me: Boss fights that summon additional enemies constantly.

I've been slowly working my way through New God of War, and got to a hard boss Kara the Valkyrie. I've been doing a fists-only run because why wouldn't you want a god of war to angry punch everything to death. The boss is fairly tough on its own, but it regularly summons 4-5 other mooks to attack you on top of its own attacks. It becomes a game of 'dodge everything, attack once or twice, spam arrows constantly' instead of 'angry man punch face'.
And this sort of thing seems to happen in most games with bosses with adds, where it changes from 'use skill and abilities to defeat this tough enemy' into 'how well can you clear a bunch of trash mobs while not being blindsided by the thing you're actually here to fight'. And given how a good chunk of these games need you to clear a fair amount of mobs before even getting to a boss, why do you need to keep clearing them while fighting them? It just feels like a lazy way to make a fight 'harder'.

I do realize in this specific case I'm making the game harder for myself entirely by choice, and I did eventually beat the boss, but it wasn't as fun as a straight up fight would have been.

EDIT: Entirely unrelated, games that have cutscenes/gameplay before an options screen. Games are loud, give me the option to make them less so before anything else. And make your options affect your stupid unskippable logos.

JackSplater has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Dec 29, 2020

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

You are not going to finish Kiwami. The enemy hyper-armor and knockdown will see quiting by chapter 10.

As someone who recently finished Kiwami myself, I can confirm that the only reason I completed it is because I wanted to see how the story ended. It's really astonishing, in a way, that in their efforts to 'fix' what was 'wrong' with combat in 0 (airquotes because honestly the worst thing about 0's combat was that it erred on the side of easy), they overtuned it to the point combat was just an unfun slog. By the end of the game I was just using Tiger Drop against everything so it would end quicker.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
In my habit of complaining about souls likes

Currently started on Dark souls 3 with my partner. They are going spell caster , I'm going full melee.

We are having fun enough, but I would just love to not have to bother with embers and kindling to play co-op. Tieing multiplayer to a consumable resource is just frustrating.

limiting my ability to heal as the summoned on is annoying aswell

Ultimately I want true coop dark souls to have fun with my partner,

when it's good it's good , but the mechanics means that's like 10 minutes together of an hour's play and I don't have time for that

Heaps of fun: running round lodric , atmosphere is great, loving up dudes and bosses

Not fun: dieing to something dumb , wasting a consumable, having to grind an ember or two and doing that again

I know what I'm asking of dark souls is a bit ,"not what dark souls is". Just it's really bringing the enjoyment of the game down for us

Genuinely considering getting a cheat engine and giving myself and the missus a bagillion embers but I'm not sure if that will impact the multiplayer

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Pretty sure dumping loads of farmable items into your inventory doesn't get you put on the cheater server, but don't take that as absolute truth.

Is cheat engine easy to use? I want to cook up some builds to mess around without doing all the farming necessary

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ilmucche posted:

Pretty sure dumping loads of farmable items into your inventory doesn't get you put on the cheater server, but don't take that as absolute truth.

Is cheat engine easy to use? I want to cook up some builds to mess around without doing all the farming necessary

I've done it in DS 1

Don't take it as gospel but the process used was

-Farm 3-10 of the item you want to dupe
-scan using the cheat engine, this will return all the number values in the game. One of which is the item you want to dupe
-use the item
-scan for differences , this will make a short list
-use the item again, scan for differences again repeat untill your short list is only 3-5 items
-change the values of them untill you work out which is the item you want, and save this item address

That's how I did it, but I'm sure there is an easier way now

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

serefin99 posted:

As someone who recently finished Kiwami myself, I can confirm that the only reason I completed it is because I wanted to see how the story ended. It's really astonishing, in a way, that in their efforts to 'fix' what was 'wrong' with combat in 0 (airquotes because honestly the worst thing about 0's combat was that it erred on the side of easy), they overtuned it to the point combat was just an unfun slog. By the end of the game I was just using Tiger Drop against everything so it would end quicker.
I've played and finished every Yakuza game and I'm convinced that the intended mode of play is to find the bit that bypasses most of the combat system. Sometimes it's Tiger Drop, sometimes it's weapon heat actions, sometimes it's a particular combo. Most boss enemies sure as hell don't engage you on even ground, why should you.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
There's apparently a mod for DS3 called "honest merchant" that's safe to use and works by letting you buy any item for 0 or 1 souls from the shop

I read that in the DS3 thread in Games, consult there for further help :)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

There's a no-item stealth sequence around the 2/3 point in Ghost of Tsushima, it's not super long but it's pretty easy to gently caress up and there are no checkpoints. For some reason, the fire in this area (unlike anywhere else I can think of) instakills you. Also, some of it is placed right in the most natural path to get to the ending waypoint, so in multiple playthroughs I've died to thinking I'll just hope through these two feet of flames, then instantly dying and getting sent right back to the start :suicide:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The Wii version of RE: Umbrealla Chronicles is impossibly difficult even on the easiest setting and the dodge controls rarely work. I like the on rails aim at the screen mechanic and bought it for my kid but it's too hard for either of us. Also, the zapper thing is a good idea in theory but really hard to integrate with the other buttons you need to use, even with the nunchuck thingy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have vague memories of renting that and finding it frustrating instead of fun, I believe it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm replaying Arkham City and just hit the AR challenges :negative:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why is every game starting to use the Destiny style "mouse cursor but you are just moving it with the stick" thing? This is usually a bigger crime of console versions of PC games so while it's still really annoying there i can see how it would be easier/cheaper to not have to program the actual menu to work with a controller. But seriously, so many games are starting to do it now and it's annoying as poo poo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Shame Boy posted:

Why is every game starting to use the Destiny style "mouse cursor but you are just moving it with the stick" thing? This is usually a bigger crime of console versions of PC games so while it's still really annoying there i can see how it would be easier/cheaper to not have to program the actual menu to work with a controller. But seriously, so many games are starting to do it now and it's annoying as poo poo.

I finally beat Cyberpunk 2077 after a couple weeks, and even with all the bugs the lovely fake mouse menu was one of my biggest aggravations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In Dragon Quest Builders 2, I'm finding the entirety of Moonbrooke to be a pain in the rear end. They made a mistake focusing it so much on combat, it's more frustrating when you are trying to turn in a quest and invaders spawn and you just get the message "Can't talk during a battle". By the Scare Force you just stop rebuilding the interior castle because the enemies are gonna break through anyway. I'm glad I'm rushing through this playthrough, although I'm gonna go for 100% on a future run, I just want to know where the plot goes this time around.

The plot feels more interesting to me at least than in the first game. I love Malkoth as a character, and at least I'm near the end of Moonbrooke now.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I finished a game of Stellaris (which I rarely do because the mopping up part of the end game crisis is a bit boring) and would it have killed them to make a little victory cutscene or something? I just get a popup like
code:
                    You Win
Continue                                    Quit
:effort:

bitterandtwisted has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Dec 31, 2020

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

the weirdest thing about destiny doing this was it had no PC version at all and was made specifically for consoles.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Jestery posted:

I've done it in DS 1

Don't take it as gospel but the process used was

-Farm 3-10 of the item you want to dupe
-scan using the cheat engine, this will return all the number values in the game. One of which is the item you want to dupe
-use the item
-scan for differences , this will make a short list
-use the item again, scan for differences again repeat untill your short list is only 3-5 items
-change the values of them untill you work out which is the item you want, and save this item address

That's how I did it, but I'm sure there is an easier way now

Yeah, drop the item, don't use it. I got infinite titanite slabs that way by picking up and dropping 1 (and you bet your rear end there are a bunch of 1/0 toggles in the game code) for like five minutes.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Played Division 2 with a friend after a long break. My friend is new to games but trying her best, I’m no endgame min/maxer (Xbox goon clan dead, still haven’t tried the 8 person raids.) We still have decent builds and equipment...

Playing the game, the Ai seems to be having more fun in the game than we are. Just running freely around, dropping skills all over the place, casually strolling up spraying bullets and then running a block away to 360 no scope us with smgs. On challenging I feel like the Ai would see us as basic red bitches (enemies go: red, purple, gold, gold heavy, gold named). The two of us concentrate fire and drop 2 magazines each into somebody, a red can kill my dmg dealer with one bad spray.

Also got a Switch I didn’t ask for for Christmas. Picked up Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and have been enjoying it except for 2 things: 1. still loving up button prompts because Xbox and Nintendo use ABXY in different patterns. 2. Timed movement puzzles. This is a problem because in the “open” world your combat party is lead by an NPC character who resembles a floating roomba. This char is about 1/3 the size of the others and doesn’t stick out visually. Immediately behind it is the iconic Mario in his red clothes which stand out and draw your eye. Followed by two other brightly coloured party members in a line. The roomba becomes lost anytime other characters are in the foreground. A little gripe but how did nobody notice how stupid this design was

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Per Aspera, a logistics/strategy game where you terraform Mars.

Ignoring for the moment the many ways the logistics in the game is insanely terrible. (Every factory/mine relying on workers to transport goods, except the workers will happily drive off to the other side of the planet to deliver something.
Or how everything you build is reliant on maintenance drone coverage, which doesn't get boosted or improved in any way over the course of the game, even though your tech keeps advancing.)

One really annoying thing is water.
Water mostly goes to supporting colonists (some for use+oxygen, some to farms to produce food.), which is fine and dandy.
You get water by finding and mining ice depots, also completely fine, underground glaciers are a sensible source of water on frozen mars.

But later in the terraforming process you'll heat the planet up enough to supposedly melt these deposits, which is why enough water is released to create lakes and oceans.
No change to the mechanical ice deposits though. You still have to find and mine ice, even though there's a ton of rainfall creating lakes.
And as the sealevel rises you'll keep losing deposits and etc due to water covering them, not them melting. You cannot in any way interact with areas that have even a slight cover of water.

It's incredibly banal. I need more water. I have 4-5 large ice deposits close to base, but they're underwater, thus I cannot get water from that. :psyduck:
At the very least I wish the game would hide resources that drop under the oceans, as it's insanely frustrated seeing 'lol look at all these resources that could be useful, but you can't interact with them in any way.'
There's no reason not to have some machines that can pump+filter lake/seawater for use either, any ice I mined out would likely have had to be filtered and cleaned anyhow.

I guess AMI is just hardcoded to go 'lol what is this wet stuff? I need ice for water, not whatever the gently caress this watery stuff is. Ice can't be liquid, it's ice.' .

e: Also the AI you play as drops into like a monologue about how amazing hyperloops are and how the 'entrepreneur' who invented them is buried on mars, when you start researching hyperloops, which are the only transport method that exists beyond 'having a ton of lovely workerbots drive around on lovely roads.'

Yeah, I bet mining out thousands of km of tunnels with no specialized equipment is the next logical step after making roads.

SubNat has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Dec 31, 2020

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I can't believe the creator of Per Aspera is a Muskrat. That's disgusting

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HAmbONE posted:

Played Division 2 with a friend after a long break. My friend is new to games but trying her best, I’m no endgame min/maxer (Xbox goon clan dead, still haven’t tried the 8 person raids.) We still have decent builds and equipment...

Playing the game, the Ai seems to be having more fun in the game than we are. Just running freely around, dropping skills all over the place, casually strolling up spraying bullets and then running a block away to 360 no scope us with smgs. On challenging I feel like the Ai would see us as basic red bitches (enemies go: red, purple, gold, gold heavy, gold named). The two of us concentrate fire and drop 2 magazines each into somebody, a red can kill my dmg dealer with one bad spray.

Also got a Switch I didn’t ask for for Christmas. Picked up Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and have been enjoying it except for 2 things: 1. still loving up button prompts because Xbox and Nintendo use ABXY in different patterns. 2. Timed movement puzzles. This is a problem because in the “open” world your combat party is lead by an NPC character who resembles a floating roomba. This char is about 1/3 the size of the others and doesn’t stick out visually. Immediately behind it is the iconic Mario in his red clothes which stand out and draw your eye. Followed by two other brightly coloured party members in a line. The roomba becomes lost anytime other characters are in the foreground. A little gripe but how did nobody notice how stupid this design was

By the way, if you get to the point in mario + rabbids where objects start flickering or are apparently missing (like a warp pipe has a section that's gone), that's a known issue with mario+rabbids that happens if you have a long continuous play session (one only with suspending instead of save+quit). Save the game and reload and it'll be fine.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

In Dragon Quest Builders 2, I'm finding the entirety of Moonbrooke to be a pain in the rear end. They made a mistake focusing it so much on combat, it's more frustrating when you are trying to turn in a quest and invaders spawn and you just get the message "Can't talk during a battle". By the Scare Force you just stop rebuilding the interior castle because the enemies are gonna break through anyway. I'm glad I'm rushing through this playthrough, although I'm gonna go for 100% on a future run, I just want to know where the plot goes this time around.

The plot feels more interesting to me at least than in the first game. I love Malkoth as a character, and at least I'm near the end of Moonbrooke now.

DQ Builders 2 assumes everyone really, really loves the combat, and I'm not sure where they got that idea. They tie in the idea that you the Builder aren't a fighter and that is why Malkoth is there. Except his AI is terrible and he gets stuck constantly. Moonbrooke is the most combat heavy area, but eventually you don't have to worry about monsters destroying the castle.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

HAmbONE posted:

I have the problem where I'm controlling the roomba but Mario is more distinct so it feels like I have control of a laggy Mario.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

bitterandtwisted posted:

I finished a game of Stellaris (which I rarely do because the mopping up part of the end game crisis is a bit boring) and would it have killed them to make a little victory cutscene or something? I just get a popup like
code:
                    You Win
Continue                                    Quit
:effort:

Nobody sane finishes games of Stellaris so why bother?

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Tunicate posted:

By the way, if you get to the point in mario + rabbids where objects start flickering or are apparently missing (like a warp pipe has a section that's gone), that's a known issue with mario+rabbids that happens if you have a long continuous play session (one only with suspending instead of save+quit). Save the game and reload and it'll be fine.

Thank you, I ran into this in the ghost section and thought it was part of the level design for a bit. Got Breath of the Wild as well and I immediately set it aside for when I got a “proper” controller but the Switch thread in games seems to have a lot of problems with it. Also talking about Switch 2 already :shrug:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity requires too many resources to max out a weapon. By the time you've gotten maxed weapons for 2 or 3 (out of 18) characters you've basically finished all of the content.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

HAmbONE posted:

Thank you, I ran into this in the ghost section and thought it was part of the level design for a bit. Got Breath of the Wild as well and I immediately set it aside for when I got a “proper” controller but the Switch thread in games seems to have a lot of problems with it. Also talking about Switch 2 already :shrug:

Don't read Games

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I went back to Half-Life: Opposing Force after quite a long time. It's probably second nature to anyone who's played a lot of older FPS games so this is partially a me problem, but the movement is super offputting at first. Shephard zips around levels like he's on rocket skates, and there's only the one run speed, which you reach immediately. That isn't necessarily an issue on its own, but you're never more than two seconds from careening him into a pool of toxic waste, an electric fence, or off a two-story ledge - and fall damage in this game hurts a lot. Coupled with the relative stinginess of health and armor pickups in a lot of areas, I don't think I've been at full health since like the first map. It's very frustrating to kill everything in a room, escape with a third of your HP, then instagib yourself three times trying to move to the next area because you overcompensated at the end of a jump. I feel like the map designers wanted you to use the barnacle grappling-hook a lot late in the game, but you just can't afford to take the hit from fall damage that comes with it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

HAmbONE posted:

BOTW is one of the best games on the Switch with a few hiccups that can be mostly ignored. The worst part is mainly the breakable weapons, but my sixty year old dad just completed it with all 120 shrines, an inventory full of 50 damage weapons, and 30,000 rupees. There is no real scarcity in the game as long as you explore

Other than that, it is a pure distillation of "ooh I wonder what that is on the horizon" that Skyrim relied on, but nothing that you arrive at gives procedurally generated blandness.

One thing that does drag that game down: those damned korok seeds. Sure, they're optional, and after a certain point you can just ignore them once your inventory is big enough... but the collectathon-loving part of my brain demands I get 900/900 :saddowns:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

thecluckmeme posted:

BOTW is one of the best games on the Switch with a few hiccups that can be mostly ignored. The worst part is mainly the breakable weapons, but my sixty year old dad just completed it with all 120 shrines, an inventory full of 50 damage weapons, and 30,000 rupees. There is no real scarcity in the game as long as you explore

Other than that, it is a pure distillation of "ooh I wonder what that is on the horizon" that Skyrim relied on, but nothing that you arrive at gives procedurally generated blandness.

One thing that does drag that game down: those damned korok seeds. Sure, they're optional, and after a certain point you can just ignore them once your inventory is big enough... but the collectathon-loving part of my brain demands I get 900/900 :saddowns:

No it's just all manually generated blandness.

You just climbed to the tallest peak in Hyrule, you know what you get? A literal piece of poop!

Congratulations you swam to the farthest island you could. Have 10 arrows

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

HAmbONE posted:

Also talking about Switch 2 already :shrug:

People have been convincing themselves a Switch 2 is just around the corner since literally before the switch launched, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

SubNat posted:

Per Aspera, a logistics/strategy game where you terraform Mars.

Ignoring for the moment the many ways the logistics in the game is insanely terrible. (Every factory/mine relying on workers to transport goods, except the workers will happily drive off to the other side of the planet to deliver something.
Or how everything you build is reliant on maintenance drone coverage, which doesn't get boosted or improved in any way over the course of the game, even though your tech keeps advancing.)

One really annoying thing is water.
Water mostly goes to supporting colonists (some for use+oxygen, some to farms to produce food.), which is fine and dandy.
You get water by finding and mining ice depots, also completely fine, underground glaciers are a sensible source of water on frozen mars.

But later in the terraforming process you'll heat the planet up enough to supposedly melt these deposits, which is why enough water is released to create lakes and oceans.
No change to the mechanical ice deposits though. You still have to find and mine ice, even though there's a ton of rainfall creating lakes.
And as the sealevel rises you'll keep losing deposits and etc due to water covering them, not them melting. You cannot in any way interact with areas that have even a slight cover of water.

It's incredibly banal. I need more water. I have 4-5 large ice deposits close to base, but they're underwater, thus I cannot get water from that. :psyduck:
At the very least I wish the game would hide resources that drop under the oceans, as it's insanely frustrated seeing 'lol look at all these resources that could be useful, but you can't interact with them in any way.'
There's no reason not to have some machines that can pump+filter lake/seawater for use either, any ice I mined out would likely have had to be filtered and cleaned anyhow.

I guess AMI is just hardcoded to go 'lol what is this wet stuff? I need ice for water, not whatever the gently caress this watery stuff is. Ice can't be liquid, it's ice.' .

e: Also the AI you play as drops into like a monologue about how amazing hyperloops are and how the 'entrepreneur' who invented them is buried on mars, when you start researching hyperloops, which are the only transport method that exists beyond 'having a ton of lovely workerbots drive around on lovely roads.'

Yeah, I bet mining out thousands of km of tunnels with no specialized equipment is the next logical step after making roads.

Not being able to get water what because of all the water in the way is... unique.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Len posted:

Congratulations you swam to the farthest island you could. Have 10 arrows
To be fair: could be 10 arrows, could be a whole island-based subquest. That rewards you with a piece of poop.

Funnily enough BotW somewhat cured me of my collectathon brain, because there was plainly so much stuff to be done that it was clear from the start I was never gonna do it all. So I completely relaxed about it. When 100% completion seems reasonably attainable, that's where the trouble is.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My Lovely Horse posted:

To be fair: could be 10 arrows, could be a whole island-based subquest. That rewards you with a piece of poop.

Funnily enough BotW somewhat cured me of my collectathon brain, because there was plainly so much stuff to be done that it was clear from the start I was never gonna do it all. So I completely relaxed about it. When 100% completion seems reasonably attainable, that's where the trouble is.

But the island beyond the poop island is 10 arrows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Are you familiar with Riddler trophies?