Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Really loving this game

https://twitter.com/Feenix7/status/996783724497784832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh I thought it was a joke about Horizon Zero Dawn Racing.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

curried lamb of God posted:

fill up the friendship gauge with Luka at Sega Land on Nakamichi St.
... I guess this is the only action I'll be getting tonight.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Over There posted:

gently caress Ted Faro('s cheating piece of poo poo AI on Story Mode Chapter 7).

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

exquisite tea posted:

gently caress Ted Faro('s cheating piece of poo poo AI on Story Mode Chapter 7).

yeah gets kind of frustrating when you're on the last lap and you're about to win and ted faro's AI consumes all life on earth

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's already annoying enough that you have to beat his stage with no upgrades because he takes away all your research points.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

yeah gets kind of frustrating when you're on the last lap and you're about to win and ted faro's AI consumes all life on earth

Every time I record a top time Ted Faro erases my save and gasses all the devs :mad:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Over There posted:

I would buy that so fast it’s not even funny

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I would buy that so fast it’s not even funny

Are we talking carts or like, Robo-Chocobo style racing?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Feenix posted:

Are we talking carts or like, Robo-Chocobo style racing?

You know the answer to that question, we’re riding robo beasts!

I would also play that but in Twisted Metal form. Small open area, ability to damage opponents weapons and weaken their armor and abilities like in the main game. Okay I’ll stop now.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
beat the eclipse cup to avenge your adopted father's death

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The story mode sees Aloy going undercover on the mean streets of Meridian to crack into an illicit robodino racing ring.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

beep by grandpa posted:

All I know about RAGE is I think that's what Jesse was playing in early episode of Breaking Bad(???)

In fact Jesse is shown playing a light-gun version of RAGE that never existed outside of the Breaking Bad universe (AFAIK), it was one of the most bizarre pieces of product placement I've seen.

RAGE was also one of the few last-gen games that ran in 60fps on consoles, which would be great for the sequel but I'm not convinced we'll get that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If anyone can give us 60fps it’s id

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MZ posted:

In fact Jesse is shown playing a light-gun version of RAGE that never existed outside of the Breaking Bad universe (AFAIK), it was one of the most bizarre pieces of product placement I've seen.

RAGE was also one of the few last-gen games that ran in 60fps on consoles, which would be great for the sequel but I'm not convinced we'll get that.

IIRC that version of RAGE is real and was the mobile game set up to work in a cabinet (like how they make arcade game version of Fruit Ninja and stuff).

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I’m really looking forward to Shenmue 3 but let’s not pretend it’s being delayed to flesh out the depth. What little they’ve showed looks like they whipped it up as a demo the night before it was due, I’m guessing that project is a complete mess

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If anyone can give us 60fps it’s id

I think this makes me sound like an rear end in a top hat to some but 60fps is a legit selling point for me :dance: I'm really excited to try DOOM later this year

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

60fps is not the only thing in the world, but it is extremely good especially for shooters.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah I can barely see the diff between 30 and 60 but I can feel it (especially in brawlers) and also I know there's people who it makes a huge difference for visually, they really can see a big difference. So I'm rooting for it.

Straw poll: if you could only have one which would it be?

4k at 30fps
1080p at 60 fps

both rock solid, hdr, no tearing, best image quality possible at that resolution

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

God bless anyone who cannot honestly tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps as it's probably saved you hundreds if not thousands of dollars from seeing Lara Croft's TressFX move with seamless fluidity.

Given the choice though I'd probably favor 30fps at 4k for anything that isn't an FPS because ultra-crisp resolution is #1 gaming priority.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The difference between the 30FPS “4K” mode and the uncapped 1080p mode in GOW is very significant. I know it’s not reaching 60 but there’s a noticeable decrease in input lag playing it uncapped.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

4k 30fps any day and I don’t even have a 4K yet. I’m super aware of 30 vs 60 fps but honestly at this point I barely care about it. 30 is fine for me as long as the game isn’t sluggish feeling.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

1440p@144fps is my PC life for now and I'll be happy to hit that for a few more years.

I'm so far away from my PS4 TV now that honestly resolution issues have dropped from my concern and it's all about frame rate

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The single biggest drawback right now for consoles in terms of performance is the lack of an adaptive sync solution as G-Sync has been a total game-changer for me on PC.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah I can barely see the diff between 30 and 60 but I can feel it (especially in brawlers) and also I know there's people who it makes a huge difference for visually, they really can see a big difference. So I'm rooting for it.

Straw poll: if you could only have one which would it be?

4k at 30fps
1080p at 60 fps

both rock solid, hdr, no tearing, best image quality possible at that resolution

1080p at 60 fps

Way more accessible, especially since a 4k TV is a real luxury purchase for me atm.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

The single biggest drawback right now for consoles in terms of performance is the lack of an adaptive sync solution as G-Sync has been a total game-changer for me on PC.

This is the truest poo poo. Having a monitor with which I never have to worry about ugly screen tearing OR input lag has been the most amazing thing. When I've been playing PC games it takes me awhile to get used to the PS4 again, and it makes titles like Yakuza 0 and Kiwami stand out as exceptionally good for being 60 fps.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MZ posted:

idTech is magical. Even Wolfenstein: TNO ran at 60fps last gen

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I threw a bunch of lovely plans out the window and finished automata instead.

Only got the Y ending and the associated boss left to do, holy poo poo great game and the music is just tits.

Best non-Yakuza game I've played this year.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

I threw a bunch of lovely plans out the window and finished automata instead.

Only got the Y ending and the associated boss left to do, holy poo poo great game and the music is just tits.

Best non-Yakuza game I've played this year.

It's wonderful

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

IIRC that version of RAGE is real and was the mobile game set up to work in a cabinet (like how they make arcade game version of Fruit Ninja and stuff).

There is a mobile light gun-esque version of Rage, but he was just playing the actual game with a light gun. I'm sure they just thought it looked more dramatic than using a controller. IIRC he was using the Genesis lethal enforcers light gun :lol: I could be wrong about that though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

idTech is magical. Even Wolfenstein: TNO ran at 60fps last gen

id are geniuses.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

60fps is not the only thing in the world, but it is extremely good especially for shooters.

Whoops yah I forgot to mention I only care about 60fps in action games. I need it in my bayonettas and ZOE2 and VANQUISH and DOOMs. Some games, like Bloodborne, are so atmospheric that I think 30 is perfectly fine. Plus BB is much slower paced than the games above to make that much of a difference. Brb writing a death threat to Jonathan Blow for not having The Witness run at 60.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

exploded mummy posted:

Also you haven't finished N:A yet? I thought you started that well over a month ago.

I started that poo poo like a year ago. I keep getting precisely to Pascal's Village and shelving it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Read a plot summary while listening to the soundtrack on Spotify.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
haaahahah i just paid 40 quid for a used copy of yakuza 3 with soundtrack what is wrong with me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Vikar Jerome posted:

haaahahah i just paid 40 quid for a used copy of yakuza 3 with soundtrack what is wrong with me.

Too good taste

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is what I mean when I say that Shenmue games are dense;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9i1mFVnu6c

That's 25 minutes worth of cupboards, drawers, and random (often unique) objects that almost entirely have no impact on the story. And that's just Ryo's own house. It's not something you can do quickly like collectables (where it's, relatively speaking, "instance of object at X/Y/Z coordinates times [collectable total]") but each drawer/cupboard/random point of interest has to be individually designed despite being a standardized instance of "focus on drawer->open drawer".

The attention to mundane details in the Shenmue games is staggering for the time.

oh man, had that video playing on silent and i could just hear the hazuki house theme complete with that bamboo water feature making the noise. when the hell is that hd collection out, i never finished 2 and still owe the hotel dude rent.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Okay, I think I need to finally get around to Horizon: Zero Dawn, I've been meaning to for ages and I have a bit of time before Kiwami 2 comes out, having finished God Of War*. My question is; Theres a £10 difference between buying the game and buying the "complete edition". As far as I can tell the difference is only 1 DLC. So essentially, is the DLC good? Designed as late game content, mid game or integrated throughout?

*Truly fantastic game, never in a million years would I have said that any game would make me give even the tiniest poo poo about Kratos as a character but here we are. All I have left are collectables and the post game bosses (and Niflheim) and post game bosses arent my thing. I'll put it on the shelf pretending that I'll got back and mop them up at some point, but we both know that I really wont...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm really hoping this is a hit. I was not a fan of the first Infamous game at all but haven't played any other Sucker Punch games. I've heard that the Sly Cooper games have good stealth mechanics so I really hope this helps fill the void caused by the end of Metal Gear Solid. I really hope it has a Japanese audio track and that it isn't super apparent that you're playing a samurai game made by a bunch of bearded guys from Seattle.

It's going to own.

Megasabin posted:

This is no bueno. TLOU's multiplayer was incredible

It wasn't made by just one person, it was made by a team. And that dude left months ago.

VideoGames posted:

Yes, but sadly my life is such that I only get two evenings a week where I can reliably sit down and concentrate on a game, and even then some of those get taken away.

When I move later in the year, things should be very different! :D

The other 5 evenings are spent culling our lovely posts!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is what I mean when I say that Shenmue games are dense;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9i1mFVnu6c

That's 25 minutes worth of cupboards, drawers, and random (often unique) objects that almost entirely have no impact on the story. And that's just Ryo's own house. It's not something you can do quickly like collectables (where it's, relatively speaking, "instance of object at X/Y/Z coordinates times [collectable total]") but each drawer/cupboard/random point of interest has to be individually designed despite being a standardized instance of "focus on drawer->open drawer".

The attention to mundane details in the Shenmue games is staggering for the time.

20 years later we have VR kitchen games that have barely advanced the concept.

Kilometers Davis posted:

You know the answer to that question, we’re riding robo beasts!

I would also play that but in Twisted Metal form. Small open area, ability to damage opponents weapons and weaken their armor and abilities like in the main game. Okay I’ll stop now.

All I ever wanted was car combat games. I don't even care who makes them.

exquisite tea posted:

God bless anyone who cannot honestly tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps as it's probably saved you hundreds if not thousands of dollars from seeing Lara Croft's TressFX move with seamless fluidity.

Given the choice though I'd probably favor 30fps at 4k for anything that isn't an FPS because ultra-crisp resolution is #1 gaming priority.

I can tell the difference but have never been too wrapped up in visual fidelity. Audio is a big thing for me though. I just about lose my goddamn mind when I have to watch movies at my friend's house and the audio is coming from little tv speakers.

I'd honestly take frame rate dips over bad frame pacing and judder. I think it was Guardian Heroes on Saturn that taught me to love and strategically use single-digit frame rates.

History Comes Inside! posted:

holy poo poo great game and the music is just tits.

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBGWRqt7uM

Shadow225 posted:

Read a plot summary while listening to the soundtrack on Spotify.

cursed motherfucking post right here