Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Two weeks to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
what time is the vote on saturday? if they have any sense theyll put it on prime time like an eurovision final

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
green brex and gamm

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

mrmcd posted:

Ok but does all that ammo even work anymore after spending 40 years seasoning in an Irish bog, or is the plan to point a machine gun at the cashier for a local corner store and yell "pow pow POW POW"?

Edit: sorry I think the term for bodega over there now is "off license"

Bogs preserve things very well since they're virtually oxygen-free. There was a project a while back to dig up a WW2 Spitfire that had crashed and sunk into a bog in north-west Ireland. A couple of days after the excavation finished they had the Browning machine guns from the plane cleaned up and firing live ammunition.

Thankfully any stashes left over from the Troubles will have been rusting away in the cellars of abandoned farmhouses.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

um actually

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1184790307164037121?s=17

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

There is no way in hell it will pass, and then Boris can say he tried his best and make it look like it’s parliament’s fault, and crash on through to no deal

then when everything starts going to poo poo he will be able to say, “if we only we had had a pro-Boris majority in the House of Commons then we would have had a deal” and the Tories will win the majority in the next election

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
21th century backstab legend in the making if parliament does not take the deal.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson_MP/status/1184787801935679489?s=20

Had to look up what that was:

quote:

Tournedos Rossini is a French steak dish, named after 19th century composer Gioachino Rossini. Its invention is attributed to French master chef Marie-Antoine Carême or Adolphe Dugléré, or Savoy Hotel chef Auguste Escoffier.

The dish comprises a beef tournedos (filet mignon), pan-fried in butter, served on a crouton, and topped with a hot slice of fresh whole foie gras briefly pan-fried at the last minute. The dish is garnished with slices of black truffle and finished with a Madeira demi-glace sauce.

Ah yes, traditional British fare, great metaphor

twoday has issued a correction as of 13:08 on Oct 17, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

V. Illych L. posted:

no, but if this lovely deal reaches a second referendum he'd presumably lead the campaign to remain, which might help him out with some of the bleeding that's happened to the lib dems recently

The number of people who will vote for a deal because "brexit will be over" despite that absolutely not being true will have it win

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson_MP/status/1184787801935679489?s=20

Had to look up what that was:

Ah yes, traditional British fare, great metaphor

I know without checking that Rossini died of a massive heart attack.

twoday
May 4, 2005

It was actually colon cancer! Too many steaks

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jose posted:

The number of people who will vote for a deal because "brexit will be over" despite that absolutely not being true will have it win

maybe - i do think that leave won't have the same power not the level of press support that it had last time. farage looks set to boycott the entire affair, and that's a couple of percentage points in its own. i agree it's a risk and i think labour's current policy is basically the most reasonable one possible, but corbyn has a chance to win big from a referendum

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

fuk, back to the drawing board

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ofc the new deal isnt brexit!!! one closely predates ww2 and the other, ww3

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
So Extinction Rebellion is definitely a psyop, right?

https://twitter.com/BinAnimals/status/1184545637611773955?s=20

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Oops wrong thread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gripweed posted:

almost anything called a “rebellion” is insincere or at least named by committee

grassroots poo poo rarely have names that a marketing firm would invent

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

okay im just checking here but borises deal is just mays deal except NI is even more in the EU with borises than they were under mays

K9
May 6, 2007

Squizzle posted:

almost anything called a “rebellion” is insincere or at least named by committee

grassroots poo poo rarely have names that a marketing firm would invent

sounds like this "grassroots poo poo" needs some disruption

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/BBCScotlandNews/status/1184819421426192384?s=20

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ah, good, a brexit diagram. Time to take a big sip of coffee and see how well it correlates to the future

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

junker has said its this deal or no deal and there is not going to be another extension.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

okay im just checking here but borises deal is just mays deal except NI is even more in the EU with borises than they were under mays

I think l so yeah but also in this version Boris will pretend like he's a very smart prime minister of deals and assume leave voters won't notice.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

rip this flowchart. it was accurate for 10 mins

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1184822394587942912?s=21

:siren:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Ah, good, a brexit diagram. Time to take a big sip of coffee and see how well it correlates to the future

poty posted:

rip this flowchart. it was accurate for 10 mins

lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

My understanding is that Junker can't rule out poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he apparently said that back in march before we got an extension so its a threat to force MPs to vote for the deal

of course why would the ERG and other hard brexit nutters vote for the deal if no deal is back

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1184819415109390336

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Very satisfying

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm no flowchartologist, but I'm pretty sure an extension does not automatically mean a deal will pass.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
But Junker has no say over any extension offered? It's the council that decides that and he is not a part of that. Now if Donald Tusk said there would not be an extension it would be concerning.

twoday
May 4, 2005

genericnick posted:

My understanding is that Junker can't rule out poo poo.

If parliament rejects this one too, there really is no good reason from the EU perspective to grant an extension and continue these pointless negotiations

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

please, mr brexit is my father. call me this is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

twoday posted:

If parliament rejects this one too, there really is no good reason from the EU perspective to grant an extension and continue these pointless negotiations

if it gets rejected any extension almost certainly has a general election after it

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Wait I just got the joke. The UK won't have any territory in Ireland soon.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

twoday posted:

I guess there's the prospect of Article 50 being rescinded with a new parliament. And Boris is still obligated to send that letter if the deal is rejected by parliament. I dunno, I feel like there's a lot of bluffing going on here

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

twoday posted:

There really wasn't the last time either.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ImranRassid/status/1183505154974408707?s=20

The Welsh are finally getting ready to throw off the Croatian yoke

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

tbf, this would work if even just 10% of the country went and did it because what are the cops gonna do, they can't jail literally millions of people (yet).

XR doesn't have nearly that many people behind them yet tho, i think they're getting a bit ahead of themselves lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I guess there's the prospect of Article 50 being rescinded with a new parliament. And Boris is still obligated to send that letter if the deal is rejected by parliament. I dunno, I feel like there's a lot of bluffing going on here

Tune in this Saturday to find out on another exciting episode of Brexit