Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Superrodan posted:

I was in a Best Buy and they had a 3d hdtv set up playing various different promos. One was a music video that I thought was Enya but am now not sure. It was a woman with black hair (done up in a fancy fantasy look) in a forest singing to some approaching kids and I seem to recall the lyrics were about "A song for a new earth" or "a new world" or "preparing for another world" or something along those lines.

Whatever it is, I assumed it was Enya because it sounded like her easy listening chilled out style of music and she fit my general picture of how she looked in my head (woman with black hair) but my googling hasn't helped really find that particular song and Enya's hair seems shorter and less fancy than the woman I saw.

Anyone know what it could be?

Sarah Brightman - Shall Be Done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks!

I knew it was about something happening in the future and a new world but I had the lyrics slightly off. "Ideas for a World to Come" doesn't rhyme with "Shall be done" though, so it sounds like she is saying "Shall be dumb dumb dumb". Panasonic really dropped the ball on that one.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jan 9, 2011

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Can someone please identify the song playing from 12:10 to 12:30?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKSGN2_BQMg

Thank you!

edit: googled a few of the words, gave me the song title "Zombie" by an Irish band called the Cranberries. I remember hearing it a long time ago too!

Pr0phecy fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 10, 2011

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
What's this song called? I know I've heard it somewhere other than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVylViEgroA&feature=related

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Pr0phecy posted:

an Irish band called the Cranberries.

You say this like you might not have heard the song "Linger" so go listen to that as well. Assuming you're still reading this thread when you have no reason to, so...

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006

HoldYourFire posted:

You say this like you might not have heard the song "Linger" so go listen to that as well. Assuming you're still reading this thread when you have no reason to, so...

Thanks for the suggestion! It's a really beautiful song but I can't help feel that I heard it somewhere.

I didn't know the Crannberies by name before, but they're a p. good group. The singer definitely makes it.

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008
There's a song in a Ford commercial that sounds really great but you only get to hear a few seconds of it, and Google isn't telling me what it is. It's rather folk-ish sounding. Lyrics include "there's a reason to be swept up in the season of the falling leaves", and "and it comes down to me and I grit my teeth". Anyone know this?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

InvadErGII posted:

There's a song in a Ford commercial that sounds really great but you only get to hear a few seconds of it, and Google isn't telling me what it is. It's rather folk-ish sounding. Lyrics include "there's a reason to be swept up in the season of the falling leaves", and "and it comes down to me and I grit my teeth". Anyone know this?

Derby - If Ever There's a Reason

Happy Rabbit
Aug 19, 2010
I have the song but I have no idea what it's called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaf4dya2n6o

Hope someone knows the artist and name of the song! Thanks!

mezo
Jan 23, 2008
furniture
Slim chance of this working, but someone is currently playing some pretty chill stuff on a gaming stream, http://www.own3d.tv/live/214

Song or artist would be awesome, and I'll edit this post when it on longer applies

edit: didn't last long, if it ends up in recent vids maybe I'll post a timestamp

mezo fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 13, 2011

StasiaCakes22
Oct 28, 2004

.......If only my real life boyfriend looked like this guy......
Guys, there is this song that I heard on Pandora radio on the way down to visit my friends on LI, I only remember very little of it, but, there is a black dude with a violin on the album cover, along with a white dude with a violin. I seem to remember them being called, "just strings" or "only strings" or some variation of that. It was rap geared or at least the beat was.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Marcus Agalon posted:

Guys, there is this song that I heard on Pandora radio on the way down to visit my friends on LI, I only remember very little of it, but, there is a black dude with a violin on the album cover, along with a white dude with a violin. I seem to remember them being called, "just strings" or "only strings" or some variation of that. It was rap geared or at least the beat was.

StasiaCakes22
Oct 28, 2004

.......If only my real life boyfriend looked like this guy......
Oh man thanks so much for the life of me I couldn't remember that name. Thanks again.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I'm sure there was a thread called "worst songs of all time" or something that featured a video by this "punk" band with a female lead singer. The video was a flyby shot of some hills, beginning with a title card saying they were going to take on a world filled with mundanity or something, then, just atrocious "rapping" from this girl about "It's a hard rock life/Oops? Did I say that out loud" or something. Most of the video was close-ups of this girl (who was blonde and quite attractive I suppose) and her band playing on the hillside.

I need to remind myself how bad it was, can someone help? Maybe it was "worst myspace bands"?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

A song that has been haunting me for years.

The lyrics are something akin to (in a verse) "Dancing all by yourself, you're not alone. Tell me to go to hell, I can move on. And I don't, mind, the drugs in me. It's affected my mind, and my soul is empty."

and the chorus is something like "I don't mind telling you, that I miss loving you."

I loved the song back when I was 13 (so 12 years ago) and I never remembered the name, and google lyrics proves to be useless.

It was in a cage battle between Shootyz groove "Mad for it" way back in the day on some Portland Radio station.

Thanks in advance.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Soulex posted:

A song that has been haunting me for years.

The lyrics are something akin to (in a verse) "Dancing all by yourself, you're not alone. Tell me to go to hell, I can move on. And I don't, mind, the drugs in me. It's affected my mind, and my soul is empty."

and the chorus is something like "I don't mind telling you, that I miss loving you."

I loved the song back when I was 13 (so 12 years ago) and I never remembered the name, and google lyrics proves to be useless.

It was in a cage battle between Shootyz groove "Mad for it" way back in the day on some Portland Radio station.

Thanks in advance.

It's Junkie by Slowrush. Don't see it on YouTube to give an example, but you can look it up on Amazon.

aude omnia
Nov 14, 2004

I'm trying to think of a 90s hip-hop/R&B song with a hook that sounded like an excited baby, any help?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody?

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
I'm trying to track down a name and/or band for a techno/dance song they keep playing at a bar near me. The music generally sounds like synthesized stringed instruments going up and down against long notes from a synth-organ. The lyrics are mostly screaming I can't make out but one line at the end of the chorus that goes (I think) "We're gonna make it tonight!" The music video is some guy in a ghost costume (just a sheet over him with two eye holes) running around a city street at night, messing with people. Ends up in a dinner and gets food all over him when he tries to eat through the sheet so he goes to a laundromat and tosses himself into one of the washers to get clean before going back to running about the town. Catchy tune too, but I have no idea how to search for this. Any help?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Geshtal posted:

I'm trying to track down a name and/or band for a techno/dance song they keep playing at a bar near me. The music generally sounds like synthesized stringed instruments going up and down against long notes from a synth-organ. The lyrics are mostly screaming I can't make out but one line at the end of the chorus that goes (I think) "We're gonna make it tonight!" The music video is some guy in a ghost costume (just a sheet over him with two eye holes) running around a city street at night, messing with people. Ends up in a dinner and gets food all over him when he tries to eat through the sheet so he goes to a laundromat and tosses himself into one of the washers to get clean before going back to running about the town. Catchy tune too, but I have no idea how to search for this. Any help?

Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff

NOS482
Apr 8, 2003
Lets all owe mole $10! its a pyramid scam!
I was listening to the TV the other day ( Fox's CoolTV ) during there Heavy Metal or Hard Rock hour. I heard a song and I can not remember any lyrics. I do not remember much except what I saw when I looked up to see the video and that I was tapping my feet along to it.

It was a typical rock video, band in a industrial warehouse area. The lead linger was wearing a red flannel plaid shirt, glasses, a beard, and he had a bunch of tattoos. I remember a big one on the neck. Anyone know of a band with a singer that fits that description?

It is a new song. Definitely rock-ish genera.

It is bothering the hell out of me. My subconscious is going to be thinking about this until I watch a youtube video of it.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Okay then. Thank you!

aude omnia
Nov 14, 2004

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody?
YES thank you so much!

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Brass Key posted:

I'm looking for a song that I can't remember the words to but I remember part of the music video. There's a doctor with two nurses (sexy nurses?) as backup singers, the doctor is holding a giant syringe or something. It might have been animated but honestly I'm not sure. At one point the doctor is doing this kind of side-to-side dance in place.

Sorry for how vague this is but the image popped into my head and now it's bugging the hell out of me. I remember watching it on youtube so I know it's somewhere online at least.

Help Me Dr. Dick by E-Rotic.

NSFW

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xxgbn/Horizon_20102011_What_Is_Reality/

Starts 48:43. I've definately heard it in a film or something before. Please help :3

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

A friend of mine showed me a song that they had no tags for, it sounded shoegazey and it was sung in a Romance language, I'm pretty sure it was French but I'm not positive. I can't remember any identifying features of the specific song but a popular Romance-language shoegaze band would be enough.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Erebus posted:

It's Junkie by Slowrush. Don't see it on YouTube to give an example, but you can look it up on Amazon.
This is it exactly. Thanks a million. This narrows my "what the hell" songs list down to one. It has literally racked my brain for years.

Um. So. The next one (the other I can upload to youtube) might be more difficult. It is a more punk-metal band like poison the well. There is a little screaming. the vocalist sings (clean vocals) something that sounds like: "the one, thing I can't go into. Never stop moving. To see, my eyes that haunt me. Constantly" during he chorus.
The screaming is like "Once again, i killed myself". I can't recall anything closer.

This one stays in my head for months at a time. Any and all help will be greatly loved.

Thanks.

ForkPat
Aug 5, 2003

All the food is poison

a pwn cocktail posted:

Starts 48:43. I've definately heard it in a film or something before. Please help :3

Your BBC video is unavailable in the US.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
This is isn't a song, but a quote that I thought I'd read, by a guitarist.

It was about how he perceived the experience of playing very hard, very fast music well. Something like, "when playing music, the right and the left hand each work just so, coordinating in exact synchrony."

The English was awkward enough that I feel like it was a non-native speaker, like Yngwie Malmsteen. But I can't find a quote like that attributed to him.

Sorry to bother; I figured this thread would have enough music knowers to give it a shot. If there's a better thread to ask, lemme know.

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Alright guys, lets shoot the stars...ohhh you just killed every star!
Heard a song on the radio that sounds Beatles'ish, male vocals (kinda has a funny, peculiar voice) and contains the lyrics "Can't believe its over now". Im not sure if this line is repeated but it could be.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

StrungOutFlip posted:

Heard a song on the radio that sounds Beatles'ish, male vocals (kinda has a funny, peculiar voice) and contains the lyrics "Can't believe its over now". Im not sure if this line is repeated but it could be.

I'm guessing End of the Road by Hopeful Monster, off the latest Great Canadian Song Quest album.

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
On the way to work this morning I was listening to the local modern rock station. There was this song that was kind of punk (in the way that gets played on a modern rock station) that my shazam couldn't identify. The lyric fragments I got where "how can you say" and "inside my head". Not a lot to go on, I know, but does anyone have a clue what this might be?

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Alright guys, lets shoot the stars...ohhh you just killed every star!

Erebus posted:

I'm guessing End of the Road by Hopeful Monster, off the latest Great Canadian Song Quest album.

yes! Merci Erebus

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

a pwn cocktail posted:

It's from the soundtrack to Moon

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008

rollick posted:

It's from the soundtrack to Moon

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Does this song get its starting melody from something else?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSsOoIm9fWM
It sounds like something from a Kurosawa film, but I can't place.

Mr Manoeuvre
Jan 29, 2003

Australian Ambassador to the Amish
I was listening to the radio and heard the same song twice in a few days.

It samples The Supremes' "I'll try something new", with the main bits sounding something like this:

"Warm as warm as, oh, warm as warm as, oh..." (Kind of comes out sounding like Weemus)

But the main part is "I'll gather melodies, I'll gather melodies, I'll gather melodies" repeating.

It had a dancey beat, some brass, and was funky (and earwormy).

Please help!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Mr Manoeuvre posted:

I was listening to the radio and heard the same song twice in a few days.

It samples The Supremes' "I'll try something new", with the main bits sounding something like this:

"Warm as warm as, oh, warm as warm as, oh..." (Kind of comes out sounding like Weemus)

But the main part is "I'll gather melodies, I'll gather melodies, I'll gather melodies" repeating.

It had a dancey beat, some brass, and was funky (and earwormy).

Please help!

This isn't really funky, but Crystal Clear & Netsky - King of the Stars?

Mr Manoeuvre
Jan 29, 2003

Australian Ambassador to the Amish

Erebus posted:

This isn't really funky, but Crystal Clear & Netsky - King of the Stars?

No, but that is the right sample. I tried many different google techniques to no avail, so I think the answer will come from someone who has heard it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What's the name of that stereotypical carnival song? Like if a clown came out right now on a unicycle juggling a bunch of knives.. the music that would play in the background.

edit: this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0