Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks, I guess i'll just try for my best. :shrug:

Braks, do you do Disneyland vacation planning? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Abu Dave posted:

Braks, do you do Disneyland vacation planning? :3:

Sure do!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Pretty awesome view of Wishes tonight while riding Big Thunder Mountain :)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I...I might be in touch again soon :negative:

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Abu Dave posted:

QUESTION for you locals etc:

If I wante dto get this piece of disney history Pirates Pin on the 25th (http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WDW_Trading_OneSheet_February2016.jpg)

where should I go to get it?

If you're from the US (stupid not being available for Canadians!) check the Shop Disney App. See if they'll sell the limited edition pins. If yes, you'd likely be able to order straight from the app and ship it to your hotel/house. If they won't sell them through the app you should still be able to look up which stores have them in stock.

Like was said your best bet is Disney Springs, then the pin shop in Frontierland (can't remember the name), then the big pin shop at the front of Epcot.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

QUESTION for you locals etc:

If I wante dto get this piece of disney history Pirates Pin on the 25th (http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WDW_Trading_OneSheet_February2016.jpg)

where should I go to get it?

Another LE1500. So lame. The Sorcerer's Hat ones were gone in minutes and are now on eBay for well over $100+

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah i'm not getting my hopes up much. Granted if there's a Splash Mountain one I will pay anything for it but Pirates is more eh.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.
Did the Tower of Terror get a lot shorter? Last year I left with a grin. This year it was more of a yawn. Regretting not taking my four year old on it. Wouldn't have scared him excessively.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.
Double post. Awful app

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sometimes it's shorter, sometimes longer. People speculate it has to do with line length but I dunno, seems completely random to me. Not a big difference either way though, more short drops and raises vs a few medium drops before the big one.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

I told my husband today that we're now only allowed to go to Disney in Jan/Feb because despite some rain last Thursday, the weather was absolutely perfect. 65/70 and sunny with light winds? Yes, please!

Don't count on it, this year is much warmer than usual, 50's-60's are more typical temperatures this time of year.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

How long of a trip does someone need to fully experience Disneyland?

After our next WDW trip in March, I think I want to see Disneyland and specifically Cars land before the kids get too old.

We would be flying in, and I would want to stay on property. Do they have the equivalent of DME and all that from the airports? Can you see it all in 3 full days? 4?

Which hotel is best for a standard 2 adult 2 kid party? I'm not opposed to spending 100 dollars a night more for Disneyland Hotel over Paradise Pier. The Grand Californian isn't my style really but I do tend to like nicer hotel accommodations.

I'd hit you up Braks, but this won't be until early 2018 probably

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Depends on the season but 3 days is more than enough to do both parks fully.

There is a Disney shuttle from/to the airport, but you have to pay extra.

Disneyland Hotel is classic and has Trader Sams. You can go visit the Grand Californian and enjoy the lobby etc without staying there. I always stop in when I am there.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

You can just about see all the E tickets on an off peak day but I'd suggest 3 or 4 days to properly see everything and at a sane peace.

The official hotels get early access every day. Some of the unofficial hotels are closer than Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Bottom Liner posted:

MK is great right now. Walking on most rides and Seven Dwarves is only 40 minute wait. Temperature is perfect too. About to hit Pecos Bills for that GUAC BAR.

Bottom Liner posted:

MK is great right now. Walking on most rides and Seven Dwarves is only 40 minute wait. Temperature is perfect too. About to hit Pecos Bills for that GUAC BAR.

I was at MK yesterday too. You should have gone to Pecos for lunch. Their computers were down and the food was free if you said you didn't have cash.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Zero One posted:

I was at MK yesterday too. You should have gone to Pecos for lunch. Their computers were down and the food was free if you said you didn't have cash.

This would have been a great thing to post about yesterday when it was actually useful.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pecos is a great place and you should never rip it off because they'll take away the toppings bar :colbert:

is the Best Western near Disneyland decent? The on site(?) official hotels are so much money.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Sorry, didn't even think about it.

And I'll gladly keep going there for the toppings bar.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

Abu Dave posted:

is the Best Western near Disneyland decent? The on site(?) official hotels are so much money.

I stayed there this past July. It was a decent motel. You get a free breakfast and if you arrive before your check in time they allow you to park in their parking lot and walk to the park. We had no issues with it, but we only stayed their two nights. Just be sure to not leave anything valuable in your car.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ehhh that kinda makes me nervous. I perfer the "all inclusive don't have to drive period" vacation that Disney World offers. Wish that was available at Disney Land :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Indecisive posted:

Don't count on it, this year is much warmer than usual, 50's-60's are more typical temperatures this time of year.

We went in November expecting cool weather, and it was in the mid to upper 80s each day except for the Saturday we left when it actually felt like Christmas-type weather. Nothing like drinking hot cocoa at the Christmas party on a 70+ degree night. ;) On the plus side, the kids got to use the pool quite a bit.

El Nino! :argh:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

Ehhh that kinda makes me nervous. I perfer the "all inclusive don't have to drive period" vacation that Disney World offers. Wish that was available at Disney Land :(

There are a decent number of off-site places that are easily walkable. Ive stayed at many. Taken shuttles to the hotels. No problem.

It's not the same Disney bubble as in Orlando. For better and worse

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Pecos is a great place and you should never rip it off because they'll take away the toppings bar :colbert:

WDW operates on razor thin margins, and I carry actual cash like everyone else in 2016. :downs:

Pretty sure this place will do just fine on just the five grand we're pumping into it this week. If that last forty bucks is the final straw then maybe they have no business operating a massive media/entertainment empire.

Seriously, I've never been to Pecos and will be checking it out when we go back to MK tomorrow.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's so good, but I'm really sad the took the roasted poblanos off the bar, I could eat an entire plate of those delicious things.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah get one over on Disney I don't care I was just being sarcastic v:keke:>

JetBlue has a $29 one way fare sale today if you fly on the 29th of February...just mentioning if anyone wants to take a last minute trip!!! https://www.jetblue.com/deals/leap-day/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

We went in November expecting cool weather, and it was in the mid to upper 80s each day except for the Saturday we left when it actually felt like Christmas-type weather. Nothing like drinking hot cocoa at the Christmas party on a 70+ degree night. ;) On the plus side, the kids got to use the pool quite a bit.

El Nino! :argh:

Keep in mind that Florida weather is basically God hurling dice at the wall as hard as he can and seeing what happens when the dice shatter. Orlando already remains in the 80s and 90s for almost the entire year (only dipping from November to March and only having a few days of near-freezing weather, with weather changes of 30+ degrees from one day to the next), but storms come and go as they please. It's not uncommon to have massive torrential showers that last for less than 5 minutes, or to stay raining for 24 hours in one area.

The rain is also extremely localized. You can drive through multiple showers on the interstate that are each half a mile long, or witness rain in your backyard while the front is still dry. One day I left work in the evening and it was raining everywhere in the parking lot except for a single parking space.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey do any of you locals ever go the the Disney Outlet store? If so, could I convince someone to grab me a 2016 calendar of the old posters? Theyre on sale for like $5.00. They retailed for $30 when I was down in December

i'll pay shipping etc :3:

touringplans does a cool series where they show whats in the outlet that month

http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/01/31/mmm_012016/

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Yeah get one over on Disney I don't care I was just being sarcastic v:keke:>

No one really gets over on the Mouse. :ssh:

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
The Mouse always wins.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
You get yours when you go to Disney, but the Mouse gets his more

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I might have gotten one over on the Mouse. I'm addicted to those character high heel Christmas ornaments so I got another one on Friday. When I got it home, the heel was totally busted off the shoe. I called and they're sending me a "one time courtesy replacement". The guy on the phone was pretty pissy about it though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Via Napoli....is it worth the hype around it?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Abu Dave posted:

Via Napoli....is it worth the hype around it?

Yes. Hell yes. Best Pizza.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How big are the pizzas? Can you feed two with one?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Abu Dave posted:

How big are the pizzas? Can you feed two with one?

they have different sizes ranging from 'personal' to actual full sized pizza. i've seen many a family sharing one pizza

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool. Yeah I was hoping to get by on a personal because $30 pizza is carazy, but :shrug:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Get the prosciutto and cantaloupe pizza. Don't even ask questions, just do it.

Do it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Mmmmm...Via Napoli. So good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys won me over then v:keke:V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
I've never gone to Via Napoli because it felt like "well, you can get pizza anywhere" but prosciutto and cantaloupe pizza? I may need to reevaluate this like NOW.

We are planning to go to Chefs de France- any recommendations?