Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
crispy bacon a+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treehaus
Jul 31, 2013

THE MACHO MAN posted:

crispy bacon a+

Gotta be able to bite through

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Omg

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

great name/post combo!

had another smash attempt with my old cookware but smashing against a hot teflon pan (ugh!) it cooled down too quickly and my existing spatula is flat making it had to smash in the pan.

heavy iron skillet and steak iron will make the diff.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

coyo7e posted:

That reason is to teach you to season your cast iron with 2 lbs of bacon.

God drat, I never thought of that but it's genius

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Is putting mozz sticks on burgers like an American "LOOK AT OUR CRAAAAAAZZY BURGERS" thing?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jamsta posted:

great name/post combo!

had another smash attempt with my old cookware but smashing against a hot teflon pan (ugh!) it cooled down too quickly and my existing spatula is flat making it had to smash in the pan.

heavy iron skillet and steak iron will make the diff.

looks good tho

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Illinois Smith posted:

Is putting mozz sticks on burgers like an American "LOOK AT OUR CRAAAAAAZZY BURGERS" thing?

Yes. And its delicious.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i'm telling you guys use a meat fork or other heavy implement to push your spatula down, you don't need no fancy burger press or whatever

do avoid teflon though, at high temps it forms nasty fluorine compounds. plus coated pans are thin and don't hold a lot of heat.

nthing that that burger does look pretty drat tasty regardless though.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

I'm pretty confident before you picked up that burger you didn't have any knuckle hair, and it being so beastly badass made it grow in. That being said yes I would eat it too. I may pussy out and pull a few of the cheese sticks off the burger and eat them separate but I'd definitely leave one or two in there.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

a humble burg. a goon burg. 1/2 pound large diameter patty to go with the large size buns. nothin' but seasoning and cheese.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yep. Would

Nice simple burg

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Enourmo posted:

a humble burg. a goon burg. 1/2 pound large diameter patty to go with the large size buns. nothin' but seasoning and cheese.

I'd eat it.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

white [cheese] superiority

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm a convert.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Jehde posted:

I'm a convert.

Good, now replace the tortilla chips with lays or Doritos and add a layer of them to the burg.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Illinois Smith posted:

It's a side-effect of consumer culture and fast-food marketing trends which have really pushed the whole "put a birdpile of fried, salty crap on it" thing. Marketing people in labs come up with poo poo like the dorito taco and kfc sandwich with chicken strips instead of buns, which signals to people that this is somehow desirable or normal or otherwise a thing to be emulated. Hell even This American Life did a story on it a couple weeks ago. http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/569/put-a-bow-on-it?act=1

I've had a few "everything in the kitchen" burgers from various places and had them be okay to straight-up foul, I'm down with the slice of ham or the kimchi but a runny egg just makes things annoying. I can't really stand burgers with fried crispy stuff like onion rings, mozz sticks, chicken strips, etc, though, because they're just too damned salty and dry.Give me a good patty with some quality garden tomatoes and a quality bun over some monstrosity covered in bbq sauce and nacho cheese and fried oysters.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

This is actually a really good piece, if you can get past Zoey Chace's annoying voice.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

coyo7e posted:

.Give me a good patty with some quality garden tomatoes and a quality bun over some monstrosity covered in bbq sauce and nacho cheese and fried oysters.

Agreed. And if tomatoes are out of season, leave them the gently caress off. They're pointless and add nothing but disappointment to the burger.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The Midniter posted:

This is actually a really good piece, if you can get past Zoey Chace's annoying voice.

Yeah, I liked it. But I was driving in the car with Mrs.Squashy, and she was quite vocal about hating Zoey. Begged me to turn it off.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Democratic Pirate posted:

Good, now replace the tortilla chips with lays or Doritos and add a layer of them to the burg.

gently caress all that. Just eat another burg

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with her voice, I have to turn off NPR when she comes on

It's like Valley Girl + rear end in a top hat + Joan Cusack eating a bunch of limes

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Norns posted:

gently caress all that. Just eat another burg

I usually skip sides and make dos burgs when I cook.

Speaking of, 2.99/lb ground chuck tomorrow. Time to burg :getin:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Democratic Pirate posted:

Putting chips on a burg is an affront to god, heretic.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
yeah chips are supposed to go on your sandwich your mom packed for school.

also infantile

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have a friend who eats white bread, lays potato chips and mayo sandwiches. Not kidding

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

I have a friend who eats white bread, lays potato chips and mayo sandwiches. Not kidding

That's loving horrible.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
how does he not get scurvy

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Once a month, he has a lime popsicle.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Fenrir posted:

Counterpoint cuban style mixed beef chorizo burgs with pik-nik potato crisps on top are loving delicious.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Fenrir posted:

It depends on the quality of the burg. A good burg doesn't need it, but a rubber patty burg you get in the cafeteria at school definitely benefits.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Fenrir posted:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I really dislike Bobby Flay

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Noted idiot Bobby Flay does something incredibly dumb, next on news at 11: sun will probably rise tomorrow.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I can do chips on a burg or a lunchmeat sandwich sure, but damnit Bobby Flay why do you put like 8 chips all on top of each other? If you're going to do it at least spread that poo poo out.

Although the fact he's apparently standing in Quark's bar from DS9 is pretty drat cool.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I keep reading the word chips with regard to being on a burger and seeing pictures of crisps. Crazy Americans.

Hot chips on a burger are very good and correct and should be eaten when possible.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm over putting fries on everything, I've had them on pizza, in burgers, on hotdogs, in burritos.. Potatoes are just cheap filler, sorry.

Most american fries are pretty poor anyway. lately they're overcooked, overseasoned, and proabbly made of sweet potato or whatever new hipster fad is taking the brewpub scene by storm. I got a burger and fries on the coast a couple weeks ago and they served me overcooked shoestring fries which had been shaken through a mix of parmesan, garlic, and salt. It was like capain crunch, my mouth was shredded after I ate like a third of them and gave up.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'm sorry your fry experience was bad but please do not stereotype the entire country based on your one experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah sorry you bought lovely fries. I had some really good ones yesterday

Also don't order shoestring fries if you don't like crispy things?

Norns fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 21, 2015

• Locked thread