Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
From the Wikipedia article on Oni:

quote:

Monkey statues are also thought to guard against oni, since the Japanese word for monkey, saru, is a homophone for the word for "leaving".

Monkey D. Luffy is destined to beat Kaidou.

Oda Does It Again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

From the Wikipedia article on Oni:

Monkey D. Luffy is destined to beat Kaidou.

Oda Does It Again!

That's a neat bit of info that would definitely be lost on most non-Japanese.

This also reminds me that I laughed way too hard at Luffy's confusion when Saldeath introduced himself at Impel Down.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Last Celebration posted:

Idk, there is the scene introducing Big Mam where Pudding is kind of unfazed by her mom straight up eating people, I wouldn't rule it out completely.

"Unfazed"? She couldn't stand to look at it. That's how I read it, at least.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
She was looking at her with the furthest eye. I think if you didn't want to see it you'd have all three eyes shut. I thought she was shielding herself or flinching from the spittle/entrails of someone being suddenly and sloppily eaten.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Looked like she was sort of wincing to me. In any case she wasn't happy looking.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Looked like she was sort of wincing to me. In any case she wasn't happy looking.

I guess the question is basically whether it's 'holy poo poo my mother is a monster' wincing or 'ewww, mom, table manners please' wincing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Definitely a "I Hope My Prince Saves Me From This Within A Reasonable Number Of Arcs" wince.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wonder will Mr. Prince make an appearance now that you mentioned it. Also, someone remind me, didn't Sanji and Viola have a mutual attraction in Dressrosa? Or was that just a joke or something?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/758/17

I think she pretty much drowned in her panties the moment this happened though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I wonder will Mr. Prince make an appearance now that you mentioned it. Also, someone remind me, didn't Sanji and Viola have a mutual attraction in Dressrosa? Or was that just a joke or something?

I want to say that she was touched by his chivalry, but wasn't smitten. Still, that's progress for Sanji. A lady didn't find him creepy.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
tashigi is a strong female character

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's supposed to be tashigi?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Manatee Cannon posted:

The glasses say "yes". Literally everything else screams "NO!"

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

The glasses say "yes". Literally everything else screams "NO!"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

thats a nice big tity anime

please tell me that's not an official figure they sell

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

oh you better believe it is! portrait of pirates, which afaik is the main figurine line (higher cost statues)

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
That doesn't look anything like Tashigi. It just looks like generic big boobs anime girl #597

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There's a few other of those, including Nami, and Genderswapped Luffy and Trafalgar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Naturally no hosed up scarred tits on Luffy from akainu, of course. Women must be pristine and unblemished in any way after all

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The scar actually is there, but yeah, they totally shifted it upwards.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Relin posted:

tashigi is a strong female character

Like cantaloupes in a shopping bag.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

probably would

:smithicide:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crazyeyes posted:

probably would

:smithicide:

:same:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Shoren posted:

Am I missing something? Everyone's speculating that both Big Mom and Germa 66 would be upset over the wedding being broken up, but aren't the Germa hostile to Big Mom? Pekoms seemed upset that they encountered the Germa 66 ship in Big Mom's territory. Also, why go through all of the trouble to hunt down Sanji for a wedding if there are other sons available? It seemed to me that the Germa 66 wanted Sanji back with them rather than get married to one of Big Mom's daughters.

Germa 66 might be using Sanji to solidify an alliance between them and Big Mom without having to give up family members who haven't left the group already.

Asuron posted:

That doesn't look anything like Tashigi. It just looks like generic big boobs anime girl #597

There are also Nami and Robin figures in that line that are just as bad about body proportions. Which is weird, because the company has made other figures of the girls that look closer to Oda's art.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
sanji and pudding should get married imo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why is everyone so sure Pudding is the three-eyed girl? Every other girl in the series looks exactly like her (a Nami clone).

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

she had that blob on her shoulder back during the big mom intro as well

Relin fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 30, 2016

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Germa 66 might be using Sanji to solidify an alliance between them and Big Mom without having to give up family members who haven't left the group already.

There are also Nami and Robin figures in that line that are just as bad about body proportions. Which is weird, because the company has made other figures of the girls that look closer to Oda's art.

I'm not even talking about body proportions, that model literally looks almost nothing like Tashigi. Unless I was told I would not know it was her. With the Nami and Robin ones i easily know it's them

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Asuron posted:

I'm not even talking about body proportions, that model literally looks almost nothing like Tashigi. Unless I was told I would not know it was her. With the Nami and Robin ones i easily know it's them

do you not remember tashigi in PH shes just like nami and robin and rebecca now

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Whats going on with the swimsuit in her rear end crack, did the side come undone? A bad attempt at adjustig a wedgie?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Whats going on with the swimsuit in her rear end crack, did the side come undone? A bad attempt at adjustig a wedgie?

The swimsuit is tight, you see.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Here is a figure I would not be embarrassed to own:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That is surprisingly rad

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

It is, welcome to the Otaku market.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Law Cheetah posted:

sanji and pudding should get married imo

I want Luffy to succeed in crashing the wedding, but Sanji and Pudding start dating anyway. It'd be a nice gently caress You to Big Mom and arranged marriages in general.

And it'd be cute. Making all the other Straw Hats sick with all their lovey-dovey bullshit.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The question is would that force Sanji to give up his womanizing ways?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yes. Once you're married/seeing someone you never look at or think about other attractive people ever again.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I don't think it's our place to define their relationship. Lady's got three eyes, she might just see things differently than the societal norms.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Gyges posted:

I don't think it's our place to define their relationship. Lady's got three eyes, she might just see things differently than the societal norms.

The choice of words here. Goddamn you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gyges posted:

It's just easier to see things from a different angle with three eyes.