Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay yeah, he did do them apparently. Most of them are from movies and that one special and movies, though.

... And Gokai Christmas. I can't believe I forgot him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

(future kyuranger spoilers) gai couldn't mix gold and silver kyurangers because he'd be too busy mixing purple and sky blue

also i'm finally getting around to the last third of zyuohger and man this show picked up a lot once bunglay appeared

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

(future kyuranger spoilers) gai couldn't mix gold and silver kyurangers because he'd be too busy mixing purple and sky blue

also i'm finally getting around to the last third of zyuohger and man this show picked up a lot once bunglay appeared

I'd think Joe would get Koguma Skyblue while RyuCommander gets banished to the same territory as Dekamaster and Bull Black as an extra warrior.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIh_QoVK6Ss

Idols are even in our toku now! And Takashi Miike is directing!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Speaking of Miike, Zebraman was cool. Haven't seen the second one though. And unrelated, gotta love those movies The Calamari Wrestler and Executive Kaola.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Thinking about Sentai/Rider crossovers, I can't for the life of me remember last year's Super Hero Wars movie. Heisei vs. Showa was Gaim's, GP was Drive's, but...I'm drawing a blank on Ghost's.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

Thinking about Sentai/Rider crossovers, I can't for the life of me remember last year's Super Hero Wars movie. Heisei vs. Showa was Gaim's, GP was Drive's, but...I'm drawing a blank on Ghost's.

There wasn't one. They just did Kamen Rider-1 instead.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Lost track of Ex-Aid around episode 9 and just ground up into the Dangerous Zombie part. Good poo poo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heavy Metal posted:

Speaking of Miike, Zebraman was cool. Haven't seen the second one though. And unrelated, gotta love those movies The Calamari Wrestler and Executive Kaola.

Zebraman is a beautiful movie. Just, really loving good. Beaten, bloody, homemade Zebraman suit is the best goddamn thing.

Zebraman 2 is just a mess. It's just a mess. And not in a good way. I'm not sure what happened to it either. I was looking forward to it since it was announced and then it just kinda poo poo the bed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

There wasn't one. They just did Kamen Rider-1 instead.

Ah, that explains it. That makes the Zyuohger crossover weird and pointless though. But hey, it's Ghost.

Is Kamen Rider 1 any good? It's got Ghost in it so I assume no, but if it's at least decent I may brave the hells of TVN to watch it (same with the Zyuohger movie).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Miike is wildly loving uneven. The Zebraman movies are like the opposite ends of his talent spectrum but that's all him

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: What if Pokemon Go could kill you?

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
New scrub group for faiz called Kneescrubs! They're on episode 5 so far.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

MachuPikacchu posted:

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: What if Pokemon Go could kill you?

I am loving this so much more than how Genm described it.

Also, Hyped for next week, Kamen Rider Poppy!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Well, uh, I guess I didn't expect a bunch of people to die immediately after Kamen Rider Chronicle activated. :staredog:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tragedienne posted:

I am loving this so much more than how Genm described it.

Also, Hyped for next week, Kamen Rider Poppy!

Considering how much they seem to be hyping her up (she's the only female Rider as far as I'm aware to get her own press release) I hope they'll buck the trend a bit and have her A. Stick around for a while and be useful and B. Not kill her off or have her lose her powers for some stupid reason

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

I really like the mileage they're getting out of the suits, there haven't been many monsters but they've been making them all count. Really good stuff.

It's good that the plot doesn't rely on everyone being an idiot anymore, and this a really cool way to handle all of the monsters being old hat threats. Now EVERYONE is a threat!

Larryb posted:

Considering how much they seem to be hyping her up (she's the only female Rider as far as I'm aware to get her own press release) I hope they'll buck the trend a bit and have her A. Stick around for a while and be useful and B. Not kill her off or have her lose her powers for some stupid reason

Note that next-episode Poppy has red eyes, while the one in the OP has blue eyes. She'll be around for a bit, at least.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIh_QoVK6Ss

Idols are even in our toku now! And Takashi Miike is directing!

Looks like someone wanted to do a live action version of Suite Pretty Cure and Toei said no.

I found the first episode and my inner mom kept kicking in while I was watching it. "Honey, you are too young to be singing about wanting guys to touch you. Stop it."

Also, it has the longest finishing attack I've ever seen.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New episode of 9ranger up. As expected, the Dragon descends and a new member joins the crew as predicted.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 3, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Stinger kidnapped a child.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Stinger kidnapped a child.

I mean I appreciate that even as a good guy his go to tactic is still 'I will use my incredibly deadly poison'

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

MachuPikacchu posted:

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid:

Fixed

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Art.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Dragon Blood finale was good. Not much to say about the series overall other than it was good. No glaring criticisms, excessive continuity references, or even power level discussions.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Thanks for the recommendations earlier, ya'll, been having fun skipping around various series. So far, Shinkenger is the only one I've watched all the way through.

Kamen Rider W has also surprised me, I might be more into Kamen Rider than Sentai, which seems crazy given I've had so much more exposure to Sentai via Power Rangers.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If you like Shinkenger and W you might like to watch Go-Busters next.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61ZKoKJTrs

I found this impressive video of the Hero Getter the other day and goddamn I love the Hero Getter. I'm glad there was a 2016 version.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61ZKoKJTrs

I found this impressive video of the Hero Getter the other day and goddamn I love the Hero Getter. I'm glad there was a 2016 version.

Goddammit, with how you worded that post, I thought there was an updated version of that video and I got hopeful.

That video is great though, but I seriously wish there was a modern version.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Goddammit, with how you worded that post, I thought there was an updated version of that video and I got hopeful.

That video is great though, but I seriously wish there was a modern version.

I'm sure we'll get an updated version for 2021 (the 45th series) or 2026 (the 50th series)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The first GoRider episode was great, it was wonderful seeing Another Agito again.

Also, the Genm specials with the Legend Rider and Video Game Gashats has been really entertaining and completely loving shameless with the merch hocking and I love it.

I really want new episodes of both, Ex-Aid specials are hecka fun.

Also regarding Kyu 8 with Dragon Boss - For some reason I completely forgot they had colors in their Ranger names so when he introduced himself as Draco Violet I flipped out thinking that, with him both lacking a -Star title and having a different naming convention, that maybe he was the lone survivor of a completely different Sentai team and that's why he started out having such a traditional looking morphed form and such, which to me is a seriously cool idea. I can't wait to see him formally become a Kyuranger and get his cape in the next one.

This series is so much fun.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just like that his suit is a kitbashed ToQ 7; complete with the belt buckle train pass.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

jivjov posted:

I just like that his suit is a kitbashed ToQ 7; complete with the belt buckle train pass.

Haha, Jesus, it really is. I knew he looked familiar somehow, but I did not expect that to be the reason why.

EDIT: Also I looked up his voice actor just now and finding out he was Yato in Noragami makes a lot of sense, I did not expect him to also be Law from One Piece and Akashi from Kuroko's Basketball, which I was just watching last night. Bless that wacky dragon man.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 7, 2017

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

One thing I think is really nice about Kyuranger is that so far, Lucky's super luck hasn't been used as too much of a deus ex machina. I was a bit worried that they'd use it as an excuse for him to be able to handle fights that should be way above his current capabilities, but this last episode shows that isn't the case. Hell, he even did have something lucky happen to him in the fight against Ikagen, only for it to end up not helping him at all.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Twelve by Pies posted:

One thing I think is really nice about Kyuranger is that so far, Lucky's super luck hasn't been used as too much of a deus ex machina. I was a bit worried that they'd use it as an excuse for him to be able to handle fights that should be way above his current capabilities, but this last episode shows that isn't the case. Hell, he even did have something lucky happen to him in the fight against Ikagen, only for it to end up not helping him at all.

that was something I've been noticing as well; every time his luck saves him it's usually because something else unlucky has caused it to require it. Like even in the first episode he luckily gets his Kyuutama to survive in the vacuum of space and land back on the planet. But the reason he was even IN Space in the first place is he got plastered by a space ship and dragged into space. Usually his Luck is basically just tipping the scales back to 'reasonable' after something incredibly hosed up happens to him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My favorite use so far was the water to wash away the cake frosting.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
drat, Gokaiger is just firing on all cylinders so far. You can tell they put in a hell of a lot of passion into it.

Hopefully the series after it try to follow up, but I have a bad feeling I'll be disappointed.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

PurplieNurplie posted:

drat, Gokaiger is just firing on all cylinders so far. You can tell they put in a hell of a lot of passion into it.

Hopefully the series after it try to follow up, but I have a bad feeling I'll be disappointed.

Go-busters was good and fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Go-Bus has some of my favorite suit designs in Sentai. I love the leather look.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I feel like they knew that Gokaiger was a hell of an act to follow with a regular Sentai, so Go-Busters did a lot to break the cliches and standard conventions of the series, and it turned out great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

shame that Toei flew into panic mode the first sign of trouble.

• Locked thread