Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

TG-Chrono posted:

So did Chris Judd and he's friends with Rita Panahi and believes in the power of groupthink. So yeah...

He is surprisingly funny/witty on the radio amazingly enough. Perhaps its just a contrast with all the others on tripleM these days.

Spedman posted:

Well this was reported yesterday:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...fc21-1496486718

Saints don't want Cow Dude

Its a double bluff. Soon all the cards will be on the table and checkmate, the race for fyfe will be won. By us!

Seriously though, they dont quote any sources at all which is really strange. I doubt the club would ever confirm we werent into or were into someone 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Yeah, they could at least quote a Perth DJ.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Or Karl Langdon

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Kim Hagdorn is the font of all WA footy knowledge tyvm

The day before that St Kilda/Fyfe article, Cooney "wrote" a column telling Fyfe to leave Freo, one of the reasons being the mining boom is over in Perth (:confuoot:). But the only reason I can see him coming to Melb is for team success, and I don't think going to St Kilda puts him in a significantly better situation to justify the move

Spedman fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 4, 2017

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Really? I'd say St Kilda are far closer to the flag than Freo. A Fyfe type would put them right in the frame

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Especially given how even the comp is at the moment. There's no superteam like late 00s Geelong or Threepeat Hawthorn running around, you just have to play consistent good footy at the right time.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
No footy until 4.30 is no good

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Shmoses posted:

Really? I'd say St Kilda are far closer to the flag than Freo. A Fyfe type would put them right in the frame

Fyfe would improve nearly every team, perhaps not GWS/Geelong. But with St Kilda, to me, its fells like the Emperor has no clothes, every talks about how great they'll be, but I can't really see it. And thats just a personal opinion from someone who doesn't follow St Kilda very closely, so I'm sure I'll be proven wrong. And in terms of profile he won't be come a Chris Judd at St Kilda, for the very reason St Kilda isn't Carlton in terms of following/media. I'd be more concerned about him leaving it was Rich/Coll/Ess/Carl chasing him.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

We should be chasing Fyfe, Gibbs, Martin, and Josh Kelly, and considering it a failure if we don't get at least two of them, but something something wrong sort of person organic growth how good are the Crouch brothers?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NTRabbit posted:

We should be chasing Fyfe, Gibbs, Martin, and Josh Kelly, and considering it a failure if we don't get at least two of them

:allears:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Fyfe would be a great fit at Adelaide but a) could they afford him and b) getting someone to move to Adelaide as always difficult

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

He's not entirely wrong.
If you're a team that views your premiership window as "wide open" and yet aren't getting the job done, you should be chasing the kinds of players who are at that tier. And if you can't get them, you should view it as a failure.
Spoiler alert: except for Gibbs (who doesn't belong next to Fyfe, Martin and Kelly), who they might get, the Adelaide Crows are almost certainly going to have a failure of an offseason.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom 'Perfect for Adelaide' Rockliff might still be available at years end

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Schlesische posted:

He's not entirely wrong.
If you're a team that views your premiership window as "wide open" and yet aren't getting the job done, you should be chasing the kinds of players who are at that tier. And if you can't get them, you should view it as a failure.
Spoiler alert: except for Gibbs (who doesn't belong next to Fyfe, Martin and Kelly), who they might get, the Adelaide Crows are almost certainly going to have a failure of an offseason.

Setting your criteria for failure as two of the top ten mids in the comp (not Gibbs, but the rest yes) is actually dumb

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom 'Perfect for Adelaide' Rockliff might still be available at years end

If only Brisbane wanted a player from the Crows which Adelaide don't particularly need in order to facilitate the trade, almost like a Josh Jenkins type 🤔

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Setting your criteria for failure as two of the top ten mids in the comp (not Gibbs, but the rest yes) is actually dumb

Yeah, that's a fair argument.
Adelaide should be approaching all three with heavy brown paper bags stuffed with money fully expecting to get one.
They will probably dip their toe in, get scared off by the bigger bids and gently caress off to masturbate to Crouch photos.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Gibbs plus one is doable, and if our poaching team can't attract one of them with the money we have spare, and our current proximity to a real premiership chance, then they're in the wrong job, and we need to find people who can get it done.

Schlesische posted:

Yeah, that's a fair argument.
Adelaide should be approaching all three with heavy brown paper bags stuffed with money fully expecting to get one.
They will probably dip their toe in, get scared off by the bigger bids and gently caress off to masturbate to Crouch photos.

:negative:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Freo are getting a ride from the umps to get them back in the game. Good thing it's only screwing Collingwood

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Jamie Elliot going off injured with a leg problem. I don't like to wish injury on players (except for maybe Toby Greene) but jeez I hope he's out next week, he always rips us to shreds

E: Wells has done his calf again, to the shock of literally nobody except the Collingwood list manager

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

Wells has done his calf again, to the shock of literally nobody except the Collingwood list manager

B-b-b-b-but there is NO precedent for this!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

Fyfe would improve nearly every team, perhaps not GWS/Geelong. But with St Kilda, to me, its fells like the Emperor has no clothes, every talks about how great they'll be, but I can't really see it. And thats just a personal opinion from someone who doesn't follow St Kilda very closely, so I'm sure I'll be proven wrong. And in terms of profile he won't be come a Chris Judd at St Kilda, for the very reason St Kilda isn't Carlton in terms of following/media. I'd be more concerned about him leaving it was Rich/Coll/Ess/Carl chasing him.

I reckon the Saints are only really missing a classy outside mid or two, they're tracking brilliantly. Will be a real premiership threat in the next few years IMO

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Adelaide will never land a big fish unless they came from SA and/or left their original club in disgrace because they boned Kelly Stevens

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Jamie Elliot going off injured with a leg problem. I don't like to wish injury on players (except for maybe Toby Greene) but jeez I hope he's out next week, he always rips us to shreds

E: Wells has done his calf again, to the shock of literally nobody except the Collingwood list manager

Goldsack injured an arm too

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

racing identity posted:

Adelaide will never land a big fish unless they came from SA, left their original club in disgrace because they boned Kelly Stevens and/or are incredibly old and washed up, and even then it costs them an emerging generational talent at that position

Having potshots at Adelaide feels a bit cheap and easy, but I'm definitely not one to shy away from low hanging fruit.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jun 4, 2017

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Shmoses posted:

I reckon the Saints are only really missing a classy outside mid or two, they're tracking brilliantly. Will be a real premiership threat in the next few years IMO

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong about the Saints, being a supporter of a flagless club it'd be great to see them win one.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Schlesische posted:

Having potshots at Adelaide feels a bit cheap and easy, but I'm definitely not one to shy away from low hanging fruit.

North got Daniel Wells with the Carey pick :negative:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

racing identity posted:

North got Daniel Wells with the Carey pick :negative:

Yeah, and they were also going after Pavlich who privately declared that he would never ever play for the Crows when they took Carey instead.

At least, that's the story I remember.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/abcafl/status/871299812284547077

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tom Hawkins offered 2 weeks down to 1 for an incident an umpire 3 feet away deemed to not be a free kick

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The sooking by Geelong fans about Hawkins copping a week is hilarious. He's genuinely stupid enough to do so a week after the AFL said that they were cracking down on jumper punches and whacking people in the guts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

And he didn't even whack him in the guts, or in the chest and have it glance up, he smacked him square in the jaw.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Crows player should've been suspended for getting in the way of Tomahawk's fist :colbert:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Honestly he's been calling for Brad Crouch to be sidelined for god knows how long and the moment someone makes a real attempt at it......

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He hit Matt, not Brad :colbert:

The real question is, is the worthless umpire who let that go right in front of him going to be suspended as well?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Look, this is almost exactly Buckley's career trajectory as a player except substitute Bears for Giants.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think Bucks kneed less prone opponents in the head

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Hahaha how does Gerard not think Hawkins threw that fist deliberately like open your eyes it's clear as day

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

TG-Chrono posted:

Hahaha how does Gerard not think Hawkins threw that fist deliberately like open your eyes it's clear as day

Has he had some kind of personality transplant? Why is he defending these punches lately?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
"He pushed him in the throat" :lolplant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well... they are based out of the Gold Coast...
https://twitter.com/MichaelWhiting/status/871664380114370560

• Locked thread