Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Akiba's Trip is mediocre but I'd never use QL's as a metric on if I should buy a game or not. The Giant Bomb guys are notoriously terrible at video games and manage to make even excellent games look like unfun slogs.

Talking about the writing, buddy

edit: tho that overworld did look like crap

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is Steam my girl Tuesday?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I saw a gameplay clip of Akiba's Trip and it looked tedious as gently caress and bad in everyway. Like if you really want to see anime girls in their underwear that badly they are probably VNs that will give you that faster.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Akiba's trip is actually really good, and fun, with the most complex combat system this side of Revengeance.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Freak Futanari posted:

Akiba's trip is actually really good, and fun, with the most complex combat system this side of Revengeance.
I doubt it has anyone as dreamy as Jetstream Sam.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You know, I really cannot tell if Freaky is kidding or not.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

I doubt it has anyone as dreamy as Jetstream Sam.

Imagine if, while fighting Sam, you could also take all his clothes off. That's basically Akiba's Strip.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So if I haven't played any of the final fantasy's before which of them should I play on Steam?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Freak Futanari posted:

you could also take all his clothes off. That's basically Akiba's Strip.

:downsrim:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ColoradoCleric posted:

So if I haven't played any of the final fantasy's before which of them should I play on Steam?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ColoradoCleric posted:

There is no correct answer to this question.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

ColoradoCleric posted:

probably 7. It's mechanically pretty simple and has the least amount of port issues of any of the earlier games on steam.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

ColoradoCleric posted:

Definitely none of them

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ColoradoCleric posted:

Final Fantasy: Re;Birth1

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

8!

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I just saw an update drop for Iron Brigade, apparently Doublefine got the license back from Microsoft and have promptly replaced GFWL with Steamworks. Finally it's playable.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I just saw an update drop for Iron Brigade, apparently Doublefine got the license back from Microsoft and have promptly replaced GFWL with Steamworks. Finally it's playable.

Nice, I tried giving it a go a while back and while single player worked fine it really felt like as I got past the tutorial levels it would be much better as a co-op game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Reinstalling that, as it was a great game that was just severely hurt by being on GFWL.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I like how GFWL didn't actually outright die but the mere rumor that it would has ended up saving some really good games like bioshock 2 and dark souls.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Bioshock 2 was not a good game :argh:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ColoradoCleric posted:

Final Fantasy XIII

WarpedNaba posted:

Bioshock 2 was not a good game :argh:
Better than Infinite, roughly on par with Bioshock

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

Final Fantasy XIII

Better than Infinite, roughly on par with Bioshock

Plus Minerva's Den.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It had some really bad parts but a bigger proportion of really good parts which describes every game in the series for me, so I'd say it's par for the course.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
edit: nevermind I'm dumb

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Update: Akiba's Trip is still incredibly good, and i'm glad a game finally has characters i can identify with.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Hooray!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I like how GFWL didn't actually outright die but the mere rumor that it would has ended up saving some really good games like bioshock 2 and dark souls.
Well some games like the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection did die outright so maybe whatever weird way they were shutting it down just happened to be saving some titles for last.

Also I imagine that all the devs going through so much trouble to patch it out of there games must have had private confirmation from MS about the shutdown, even if it wasn't at that leaked date.

Mr E posted:

I don't understand why I keep trying CS: GO, every time I try it I hate it. Please help.
Just play nothing but that Motel map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcRSJ9kUdno

Grab a shotgun and have fun.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R came out like an hour ago, and so far it's pretty drat excellent.

Good
  • Is priced at $15
  • Netplay is excelent
  • Game picked up my 360 controller instantly and changed button prompts to suit
  • Every key is rebindable if you choose to play with a keyboard, but you shouldn't because that's terrible
  • It runs smooth as butter
  • Entire soundtrack is included
  • Full set of achievements and cards

Bad
  • If you have a high refresh rate monitor the game will just speed up, and there's no limiting options in game. I had to turn down my refresh rate in windows
  • There's doesn't seem to be a way to quit to windows without Alt+F4-ing

Expected
  • Maximum resolution is 1920 x 1080, but it's a sprite based fighting game that's pretty much ported over from arcade
  • Graphics options are slim, but again, sprites
  • Original keyboard bindings are pants on head retarded
All in all, it's the definitive version of the XX series, and is a dang nice game. If this sells well hopefully we'll get XRD in the future. Preferable after Jam, Baiken and Holy Order Sol are put in it.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 27, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Hopefully we'll skip Overture. Never got to play it, but from what I heard it wasn't very good.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Turning Guilty Gear into a MOBA/RTS and calling it a true sequel to the series was a very strange step. I'm surprised they even acknowledged its existence and angered that they prioritized putting characters from that game in XRD over basically my entire roster.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

AlmightyBob posted:

Two Worlds 2 is terrible in all the wrong ways. Avoid it.

:colbert:

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
GGXX is really fantastic. Get it. It is cheap.

And it is great.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The worst thing Two Worlds 2 did was make it so you couldn't just keep combining poo poo together until it was insanely broken powerful.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Freak Futanari posted:

Update: Akiba's Trip is still incredibly good, and i'm glad a game finally has characters i can identify with.

I'm liking it in spite of the lovely combat. I should have picked casual at the start.

Got.my arcade board though :woop:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

WarpedNaba posted:

Hopefully we'll skip Overture. Never got to play it, but from what I heard it wasn't very good.

It wasn't a Guilty Gear game. It just had a couple Guilty Gear characters in it.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

theultimo posted:

I'm liking it in spite of the lovely combat. I should have picked casual at the start.

Got.my arcade board though :woop:

How the combat feels is pretty dependent on what weapon you're using so try out a bunch of stuff really

Honestly how many games are there where you can beat a nerd up with a pillow of his waifu NepNep

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Steins;Gate fans be aware that you can visit the Radio Kaikan building in Akiba's Trip, although sadly you can't go inside because it's under construction.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Megabound posted:

Turning Guilty Gear into a MOBA/RTS and calling it a true sequel to the series was a very strange step. I'm surprised they even acknowledged its existence and angered that they prioritized putting characters from that game in XRD over basically my entire roster.
What? Overture was a character action game like DMC.

Suspicious Cook posted:

It wasn't a Guilty Gear game. It just had a couple Guilty Gear characters in it.
It was a Guilty Gear game and its actually canon. Xrd is a sequel to it, its just back to being a fighting game again.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 27, 2015

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Life is Strange is fun so far (at least after finishing chapter 1), character interactions/decisions from TWD meets the rewind stuff from Remember Me, and I keep thinking I screwed up :ohdear:

I also missed a bunch of photo ops, so much for a completionist run :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

monster on a stick posted:

Life is Strange is fun so far (at least after finishing chapter 1), character interactions/decisions from TWD meets the rewind stuff from Remember Me, and I keep thinking I screwed up :ohdear:

I also missed a bunch of photo ops, so much for a completionist run :argh:
The game has a collector's mode that allows you to go back to played chapters just so can take the pictures without affecting your save.

• Locked thread