Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
We have no crazy repulicans who'll block loving anything like the US.

When it comes to nanny state poo poo one crazy religious party says 'lets do some nazi poo poo to censor the internet and ban bikies!' the other crazy religious party says 'Yeah, sure cool.'

Can't wait for all the loving baby boomers to die. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
bikie asylum

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Dubs posted:

We have no crazy repulicans who'll block loving anything like the US.

When it comes to nanny state poo poo one crazy religious party says 'lets do some nazi poo poo to censor the internet and ban bikies!' the other crazy religious party says 'Yeah, sure cool.'

Can't wait for all the loving baby boomers to die. :(

Half of this country doesn't even require you to wear a helmet and anyone proposing any kind of restrictions on bikes is just asking to commit political suicide given how many rich motherfuckers have Harleys as weekend toys.

Its one of the few positives about the U.S. in its current state.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

redscare posted:

Half of this country doesn't even require you to wear a helmet.

I don't think it should ever be the government's job to protect you from yourself.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Coredump posted:

I don't think it should ever be the government's job to protect you from yourself.

Uh oh. :can:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
edit: let's just not get into it

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

Coredump posted:

You're pretty loving dumb hth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Coredump posted:

Lets not get into this in the picture thread.

Speaking of, here's a ridiculous Dnepr the builder named Ivan Draga (he managed to spell Ivan Drago wrong)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nice wingtips

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

nice wingtips

speed AND class

GIS in Russian is the best GIS (gently caress yo' tables)

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

redscare posted:

Lets not get into this in the picture thread.

Speaking of, here's a ridiculous Dnepr the builder named Ivan Draga (he managed to spell Ivan Drago wrong)

I love it and revile it at the same time. It's so wrong and so right. It's the Viking Longboat of bikes.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, Australia's hosed. I can see it turning into Mad Max 1 when people finally get sick of their government's poo poo.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I've been slowly figuring out that Australians have this really weird fascist streak left over from the penal colony thing. It's the same with the deep south. It's all 'hands off my land' but if you don't have a bible, you can suck on a shotgun.

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Except you can't own guns that easily here either. You need to demonstrate you have a "genuine need" in the eyes of the government, and self defence isn't an acceptable reason. They also require you to store them unloaded in a locked gunsafe, with the ammunition in a separate locked section.

Having a firearms license also requires that you be fingerprinted and agree to let the police enter and search your home whenever they like, because "they might need to check that you're storing your guns correctly".

As much as the bikies manage to make themselves look silly with their own propaganda, they have a seriously valid point that Australia is gradually stripping its citizens of their rights and becoming a fascist 2 party "democracy" where each of the two parties you can choose from is just as bad as the other one.

Edit: Here's some fitting content :australia:

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 23, 2010

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any chance of a new party to undo the bullshit, or is the political system just as badly locked down? Sounds like the country's long overdue for a new political movement.

Reposting this classic.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Okay, just ease the clutch out real slow like...

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

FlyinDoc posted:

Except you can't own guns that easily here either. You need to demonstrate you have a "genuine need" in the eyes of the government, and self defence isn't an acceptable reason.

Kangaroos are 'pests'. The only reasonable way to deal with them is one at a time, with gun powder. :rolleyes:

this is just what I heard. And I heard it from a kangaroo. So he might have been biased.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I need a video link, it was reporter at a motoGP who was all super "OMG ROSSI, OMG HAYDEN, OMG CAPIROSSI!!!" and flirting with everyone she interviewed. Pretty sure it was a comedy bit, but it was loooooooooool. If anyone has it or knows which one I'm talking about, plz halp.

content

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Silver posted:

content
More content plz?

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

FlyinDoc posted:

Except you can't own guns that easily here either. You need to demonstrate you have a "genuine need" in the eyes of the government, and self defence isn't an acceptable reason. They also require you to store them unloaded in a locked gunsafe, with the ammunition in a separate locked section.

There is nothing wrong with any of those things (coming from an Australian that has 3 guns and had to give another 3 back - which they paid >10x the going rate for - when they introduced the new laws).

Content:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Silver posted:

content

Serious question. If I'm on a sport bike, does my head need to be the mirror her head is at or the mirror on the inside of the turn? I tend to duck my head to the inside of the turn and she's doing the opposite. Am I doing it wrong?

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:

Coredump posted:

Serious question. If I'm on a sport bike, does my head need to be the mirror her head is at or the mirror on the inside of the turn? I tend to duck my head to the inside of the turn and she's doing the opposite. Am I doing it wrong?

She's doing it wrong. You want your upper body off the bike on the inside, your rear end doesn't matter.

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
I didn't mean to say that our firearms regulations are excessive (that's personal opinion that doesn't really belong in this thread).

More so that they're a lot stricter than the US states mentioned, so the bible bashers have to resort to organised manipulation of the government, and therefore police force, rather than openly inviting people to suck a shotgun.

It's a less direct, and unfortunately more effective route. I can't imagine how many religious nuts there are in the US who would develop a raging boner at the idea of controlling a secret internet blacklist or similar, not to mention the proposed "opt-in" system of blocking ANY supposedly "adult" content unless the homeowner submits a formal application and a bunch of identification to their ISP :rolleyes:

Slim Pickens, unfortunately it looks like it will stay this way for a while.

The major two political parties (Liberal and Labor) have similar views on how undeserving of civil rights the populace is, and have both indicated that they will go ahead and support the internet filtering and such despite the majority of Australians being against it, and several major ISPs making it very clear that it's a terrible idea.

Bird-o-matic posted:

She's doing it wrong. You want your upper body off the bike on the inside, your rear end doesn't matter.

Your rear end is still bodyweight though, so it does matter to some degree, just not as much as the upper body.

Of course, the classic newbie mistake is to have your rear end way off the seat and not be moving your head and shoulders (which due to their height, will be a significantly more effective bodypart to move off the bike).

To explain things generally for anyone wondering, the aim is to have your whole body moved outward and downward in similar amounts so that your spine stays parallel-ish with the centre line of the bike, rather than crossing up like that girl in the picture. Basically, the more you can move your bodyweight outwards and downwards, the more upright the bike will be for a given line/speed, and the more ground clearance and tyre surface you have to use.

The further outward (i.e. off the bike towards the inside of the turn) and downward you can get your weight, the more angled that green line going down to the contact patch will be compared to the centreline of the bike, and the more upright the bike itself will be for a given line and speed.

If the rider pictured in the diagram got his head and shoulders a little further down near where the inside mirror would be, the effect would be even more pronounced.

Here's me screwing around with somewhat exaggerated body positioning at a trackday a while ago, excuse the watermark:

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 24, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The world's most...uhh...questionable GS. Not work safe.

http://raysavant.com/?page_id=35

This dude is the complete package. :haw:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
<joke about hideously oversized jugs>

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

<joke about hideously oversized jugs>

I was initially curious as to why she had a stork on her chest.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

The world's most...uhh...questionable GS. Not work safe.

http://raysavant.com/?page_id=35

This dude is the complete package. :haw:

Holy poo poo. This guy.

:smug:

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Jesus christ

quote:

TsukaMaki Handlebar WrapsThese are the way Japanese long swords such as Katanas have their handles wrapped, think Kill Bill etc… Check this TsukaMaki link and you will get an idea of how deep this art is.

This was done by one of the worlds premier Japanese Swords Smiths. His name is Kunio and he is also an artist. He has practiced swordsmithery his entire life and did this for me as a favor. I will try and get a picture of him. He looks like Mr. Miyagi, and no I am not just saying that because he is Asian.

He used real white Sting Ray skin underneath. The cloth is black TsukaMaki cord and it has been laquered to prevent weather damage, much as real Samurai would do. Both sides are of course wrapped.

This doesn’t just look good, it feels good and works beautifully. Much as this allows a Samurai to utilize a sword preciesly in a life death situation it gives the rider added control.

And let’s face it, it looks drat COOL!
Japanese swordsmiths: doing regrettable favors for guidos since 2007

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
Typical BMW fag. Takes a bad man to ride a pink bike.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

PUSSY WAGON of the bike world?

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

What the gently caress is up with his being celibate since he owned the bike? Does he gently caress the exhaust pipes or something?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its probably not his choice

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phat_Albert posted:

Its probably not his choice

Yeah, pretty much this.

edit: holy poo poo, this dude is something else. He claims to be a muslim, despite his retarded bike, which he calls his wife.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 25, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah, pretty much this.

edit: holy poo poo, this dude is something else. He claims to be a muslim, despite his retarded bike, which he calls his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KVDtf73hfc

Him on a lesbian talk show. Hilarious.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
"you think you're a Greek Goddess..."

"GREEK GOD!"

oh god this is amzing

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Z3n posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KVDtf73hfc

Him on a lesbian talk show. Hilarious.

This has to be an act, there's no way he is for real.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i am proud to have him as a fellow beemer rider

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
As weird as this is, I feel like that should be a busa.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

As weird as this is, I feel like that should be a busa.

Nah, that he did all that poo poo to a GS makes it that much more epic. Busas have been ruined in every way possible, but nobody's ever gone to that level of retard with a GS before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Guess what I'm doing today