Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I really enjoyed the idea of magicka, but after about an hour it just turned into some type of QWOP-like hateful experience for me. But it's definitely an interesting game for those who can hang with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Only just found this site. Pretty cool but depressing too: http://steamcharts.com/

More people are playing Condition Zero than either Evolve or The Crew :stare:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well that's because it seems like Evolve and The Crew are similar in that they were great ideas that ended up somehow just being boring in execution.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Drifter posted:

I really enjoyed the idea of magicka, but after about an hour it just turned into some type of QWOP-like hateful experience for me. But it's definitely an interesting game for those who can hang with it.

It's one of those games that get an order of magnitude better per person you play it with.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Oh god, I just had a "When the hell did I buy this?!" moment, when I saw that I had a key of Interstellar Marines - Spearhead edition lying around in my indie gala account. It's valued at $44 dollars. According to enhanced steam, the lowest it's been is $15 dollars. I got it for $4...last February. :psyduck:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Evolve was not boring at all, I had a lot of fun in the alpha and beta and it was one of the most inventive things I'd ever played. But I wasn't paying $60 at release for it when they had already announced the entire game's release price again in DLC for it so I skipped it. A lot of others felt the same way so the population turned out a lot worse than it could have, which for a competitive multiplayer game is a pretty big problem.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

https://www.indiegala.com/mayhem looks pretty good.

$1 gets you
Rooks Keep
Terrian Saga KR-17

$4 or more gets you
Knock-knock
Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube
Divekick
FortressCraft Evolved!
Vessel
NaissanceE
Return NULL: Episode 1
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage

I grabbed it for Divekick and Qbeh. Pretty good little bundle all up.

Knock-Knock is made by Ice-Pick Lodge, who did Pathologic, The Void, and Cargo, and is also the only game to actually unsettle me in real life. It's Good (though hiding is worthless so don't try, just do laps or something)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Evolve was not boring at all, I had a lot of fun in the alpha and beta and it was one of the most inventive things I'd ever played. But I wasn't paying $60 at release for it when they had already announced the entire game's release price again in DLC for it so I skipped it. A lot of others felt the same way so the population turned out a lot worse than it could have, which for a competitive multiplayer game is a pretty big problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had their sights set on the free-to-play crowd and then forgot/misunderstood why those games do so well on DLC sales.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

mutata posted:

Well that's because it seems like Evolve and The Crew are similar in that they were great ideas that ended up somehow just being boring in execution.

Also The Crew retail and most key stores will give you an Uplay only key so the Steam number of players is not the actual number of players.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Oh gee, it's almost like The Crew is a worthless piece of poo poo.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
So something weird is going on. Was going to arrange my wishlist, but a ton of the games on it now have no price or even page to go to. When i click on the store page, it takes me back to the steam home page.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Oh gee, it's almost like The Crew is a worthless piece of poo poo.
It must have been pretty successful they're making DLC for it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they had their sights set on the free-to-play crowd and then forgot/misunderstood why those games do so well on DLC sales.

if evolve had been f2p it probably would have done a lot better. you can justify having, like, two levels =and then selling more if the initial buyin is cheap or free

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

The racing game designed to start the Racing Games As A Service revolution gets DLC made for it. Surprising no one.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Daily deal is In Verbis Virtus

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242840/

I bought this at launch, and had a little fun with it, but I can't recommend it, as the progression seem to be tied to really cryptic puzzles/script that I constantly had to look up solutions for.
Also, you NEED a microphone for this game. It's how you cast all your spells.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Let me tell you about a game called Ride to Hell: Retribution.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Jd2nNpj8uqA

Phone posting so I can't scrub for it effectively, but jump around towards the last quarter and you'll see the best bug of the game.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Recently I've found that steam insists on opening up my library in the Details view whenever i start up my computer for the first time, despite always changing it to list view. Is there a way to force it to stay as list like it did before or is this some kind of bug that's been introduced?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shadow of Mordor + Season Pass for $20 - http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kin posted:

Recently I've found that steam insists on opening up my library in the Details view whenever i start up my computer for the first time, despite always changing it to list view. Is there a way to force it to stay as list like it did before or is this some kind of bug that's been introduced?

This happens to me too, but the bizarre part is that if I keep Steam totally minimized/out of focus while it loads, it won't do that. :iiam:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Once again…

*lways Sometimes Monsters – https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=dRh*7bfGuxb5UKPv
Broken *word 5 — https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=M4ZcMPcq*Zk6pfnv
The Noveli*t — https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=EEEsARnfEW*dRZ*6

Tippis fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 27, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Took Broken Sword 5, thanks. Hopefully it will be better than the 2nd game....

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Got Always Sometimes Monsters, thanks!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The writing was on the wall for Evolve from the beginning, even the diehard fanboys that spring up around every upcoming multiplayer game couldn't defend the DLC model aside from bragging that they weren't poor so blowing $60+ on a game whose community lasted a week was no big deal to them.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
we should do a title change now that Akiba's Trip is out, 5/5.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
do goons recommend akiba's trip

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

10 out of 10 Goons recommend all animes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

The writing was on the wall for Evolve from the beginning, even the diehard fanboys that spring up around every upcoming multiplayer game couldn't defend the DLC model aside from bragging that they weren't poor so blowing $60+ on a game whose community lasted a week was no big deal to them.

[Insert that steam post from that guy who spent 100s of dollars on Evolve and was convinced it was perfect]

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

General Morden posted:

in my professional opinion, you should get akiba's trip

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

theultimo posted:

we should do a title change now that Akiba's Trip is out, 5/5.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I launched Akiba and was greeted with a gross config screen and no graphics options.

I don't know what I expected.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

General Morden posted:

Absolutely.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
anime is bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smoremaster posted:

anime is bad

its actually very good

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Smoremaster posted:

anime is bad

Wrong

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So apparently an HD remake/revamp of the old dino-hunting game Carnivores hit Steam today, which surprised the hell out of me since I assumed that franchise was dead. The original few Carnivores games were honestly pretty good dino hunting games for their time (Cityscape was a pile of poo poo), so I have to wonder if this remake does things justice.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ikari Worrier posted:

So apparently an HD remake/revamp of the old dino-hunting game Carnivores hit Steam today, which surprised the hell out of me since I assumed that franchise was dead. The original few Carnivores games were honestly pretty good dino hunting games for their time (Cityscape was a pile of poo poo), so I have to wonder if this remake does things justice.

My cousin told me about this game. Said it was "pretty sick, bro". Take that review how you will.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Smoremaster posted:

anime is bad

Anime is blood. Your blood.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
What is the best least bad dinosaur video game?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kennel posted:

dinocrisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Kennel posted:

Turok or Monster Hunter.

• Locked thread