Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Considering the trophy racks they could be new terminators of all things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The guy on the right is just having the absolute worst day.

i know its part of the spine but it just looks like one absolutely massive pair of hamster chompers

Or maybe it is hamster chompers.... What is wrong with imperial dentistry?!?

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 20, 2019

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

i know its part of the spine but it just looks like one absolutely massive pair of hamster chompers

Doesn't look like a spine. I agree it doesn't really look like teeth either :iiam:

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Would it really be all that shocking the average citizens are either so mutated toxins from just general imperial living or so inbred they're gonna have hosed up mouths at minimum?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

For_Great_Justice posted:

Would it really be all that shocking the average citizens are either so mutated toxins from just general imperial living or so inbred they're gonna have hosed up mouths at minimum?

Give guardsmen an extra attack I say, for biting.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Sharkopath posted:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sharkopath posted:

I mean, it is a UK-based company...

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Heck yeah

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

For_Great_Justice posted:

Considering the trophy racks they could be new terminators of all things.

It’d be great if all of the previews were of one single model, just the busiest more ridiculous Chaos model ever.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is this yours? I love it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Sab669 posted:

Is this yours? I love it.

It's on loan from google.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Warhamster 40k, I dig

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In the grim dark future, there is only hamster balls and sunflower seeds.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It’d be great if all of the previews were of one single model, just the busiest more ridiculous Chaos model ever.

I can see that. Six arms with unique guns. Six legs, wings, tails, mouths on mouths.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A new chaos spawn

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Where are rippers? I can’t find them on the GW site, but I didn’t think they were OOP/Index Only?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Schadenboner posted:

Where are rippers? I can’t find them on the GW site, but I didn’t think they were OOP/Index Only?

They’re not sold as their own unit, they come included with a number of other Tyranid boxes (Termagants, Genestealers, Warriors). You can buy them in bulk online or buy the ForgeWorld (:homebrew:) models.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The Forge World Ripper Swarms are so much nicer though, visually...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah, if you build a Tyranid army you just end up with tons of rippers. But if you need some you should be able to get them on ebay for hella cheap since most people don't even use all the ones that come with the kits they buy.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've heard of quite a few people making press molds for rippers.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The tldr of the LVO data analysis;

Ynnari and imperial soup are real good. Many eldar soup folk brought a bunch (4+) flyers, all the flyers added win % except the voidraven.

Tyranids got stomped (people preparing for Orkz hurt bugs)

Thousand suns under performed

A few necron folks did well and they all ran the same dynasty

The eldar dude who brought a bunch of flyers and got 2nd overall, beat (in very close games) two really great 40k players who brought orkz (one was Nick Navanati)

Overall the spread between best and worst factions wasn’t as pronounced as last time, but for this analysis they didn’t remove the mirror matchups... which is important because ~30% the field was guard/knight soup

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 21, 2019

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

LibCrusher posted:

I plan on running them with missile launchers, autocannons, and storm bolters. I feel like I’m gonna need the extra punch and range from the autocannons more than I’ll need some chaff-clearing volley guns.

I pulled the trigger and ordered 3 Scion start collecting boxes and one command squad box.

Tonka Taurox complete! I opted for the loadout that lets me roll as many dice as possible. :D

https://imgur.com/gallery/DTzA8hq

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Just wanted to say a quick "Thank you" to whoever posted a link to that Games Workshop Battle Ready painting video last week.

They won't be winning any awards, but it certainly beats Fielding gray plastic. Forcing myself to paint one a day until it's done. Which will be never.

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

Those are pretty hot - they'll look just as good as everyone else's when you're staring at them on the tabletop!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Just wanted to say a quick "Thank you" to whoever posted a link to that Games Workshop Battle Ready painting video last week.

They won't be winning any awards, but it certainly beats Fielding gray plastic. Forcing myself to paint one a day until it's done. Which will be never.

That's rad, and you did it perfectly. You have a strong unifying matte color (teal) and then some nice metallics to give it texture. So infinitely better than grey plastic! Great work dude.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

These own. Slap on a base (maybe a nice Mars effect?) and they'll look even better.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Crab-Stuffed posted:

Tonka Taurox complete! I opted for the loadout that lets me roll as many dice as possible. :D

https://imgur.com/gallery/DTzA8hq

Cool I’m just gonna.... smash mine with a rock....

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The tldr of the LVO data analysis;

Ynnari and imperial soup are real good. Many eldar soup folk brought a bunch (4+) flyers, all the flyers added win % except the voidraven.

Tyranids got stomped (people preparing for Orkz hurt bugs)

Thousand suns under performed

A few necron folks did well and they all ran the same dynasty

The eldar dude who brought a bunch of flyers and got 2nd overall, beat (in very close games) two really great 40k players who brought orkz (one was Nick Navanati)

Overall the spread between best and worst factions wasn’t as pronounced as last time, but for this analysis they didn’t remove the mirror matchups... which is important because ~30% the field was guard/knight soup

The reason Alex beat Nick and Steve with Orks is that his list was explicitly built to fight them. He had 7 planes and Agents of Vect, which means that he could prevent the Lootas from firing most efficiently, and also take away their Grot Shields so that he could blow them off the table asap. Once the Lootas are dead, planes don't give a poo poo about Grots or Boyz, which was most of the rest of the list. He also had two big units of Ynnari Windriders with scatter lasers, of which one or potentially both can double fire, one of which can be Guided and the other having Ancestor's Grace (re-roll all hits/re-roll 1s to hit) against something with Doom. That will remove an Ork unit at a time from a safe range, and is able to reposition very quickly if needed.

It's also good in general because Eldar planes are good and there's plenty of other use cases for tons of S6 shots on mobile platforms, but it was a list which was tailor-made to beat the Loota star which Alex knew the top American Ork players were running. A good example of thinking about the meta and ways to counter it.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Is there somewhere I can see the lists off everyone at LVO and how well they did? I like theorycrafting armies, and it'd be interesting to see how similar armies fared when run by people who have more experience than I do in this silly, silly hobby.

If not, then is there at least lists for either Admech or Necrons players who fared well?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Thirding, these are really nice, well done!

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

The reason Alex beat Nick and Steve with Orks is that his list was explicitly built to fight them.

he managed to not cheat this time?

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

Duct Tape posted:

Is there somewhere I can see the lists off everyone at LVO and how well they did? I like theorycrafting armies, and it'd be interesting to see how similar armies fared when run by people who have more experience than I do in this silly, silly hobby.

If not, then is there at least lists for either Admech or Necrons players who fared well?

BCP app should have them. Lots of podcasts doing analysis right now, too. Chapter Tactics is good for that.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
The new Blackstone Fortress cases are really good. They're about double the storage size of a skirmish case but don't feel too big.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

he managed to not cheat this time?

Apparently so, although according to people afterwards he was still as unpleasant to play against as always.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
The doctor is in:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Crab-Stuffed posted:

BCP app should have them. Lots of podcasts doing analysis right now, too. Chapter Tactics is good for that.

Yeah BCP app has all the lists. So find the people who did well then find their lists.

To be honest the Chapter Tactics podcast data analysis is really cool but also kind of meh for faction analysis due to soup. Stuff is categorized by primary detachment points which kind of tweaks the data conclusions.

Also necron and ad mech dude; apparently two different pure ad mech players went 5-0, so the time is ripe for the robot dudes.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 21, 2019

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Corrode posted:

The reason Alex beat Nick and Steve with Orks is that his list was explicitly built to fight them. He had 7 planes and Agents of Vect...

Yeah this is true and was my point. Orkz are good but didn’t make the top 8. This is because one specific Eldar dude beat two top Orkz lists with an eldar list specifically designed for them. (And is also good against a bunch of other stuff because lol eldar flyers).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

The doctor is in:

I hate how good you are at this.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How do stacking re rolls work? I’m assuming you only get one re roll per action?
Like tankbustas have a rule that lets them re roll misses against vehicles. Bad moons culture lets Ork clan units re roll 1s. If the original shot misses, is re rolled and is a 1, do the tankbustas get to re roll again?

I wish tankbustas were nearly as good as lootas because rockets rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How do stacking re rolls work? I’m assuming you only get one re roll per action?
Like tankbustas have a rule that lets them re roll misses against vehicles. Bad moons culture lets Ork clan units re roll 1s. If the original shot misses, is re rolled and is a 1, do the tankbustas get to re roll again?

I wish tankbustas were nearly as good as lootas because rockets rule

As far as i know, you only get the one reroll (so in your example, you would reroll the failures against a vehicle target, and if you had any 1's from that you have to deal with them). Bad Moons are still decent for Tankbusta's because they can reroll 1's vs non-vehicle targets, which assists in killing stuff like Daemon Princes, as well as giving them access to the Showing Off stratagem, which can really put the hurt on vehicles.