Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

NofrikinfuN posted:

uh is there about to be a run on this poo poo

Oh absolutely. And then we'll find out it doesn't work and it was something else we were observing in the small test cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Unperson_47 posted:

was? did he die in his cave

I dunno actually. he was old twenty years go...

if any goons are near dawson city, could you please check on Caveman Bill, please?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/ArchdiocGlasgow/status/1240317491919888390?s=20

ah poo poo why didn’t I think of that

thoughts are failing send in the prayer reinforcements.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

she did nazi this pandemic coming

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1240379365847969792

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

b-but dow 15,000 hat!!!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Trump is uncontested on the Republican ballot in all of these states and he's still getting as many votes as the Dem winner gets lmao, he's incredibly popular with scores of millions of people and the Dems are actively refusing to make a case of another couple scores of millions that life would improve under Biden

AND he gets to run on a SCOTUS seat again!

No no no you see. He is so hated that millions of people will go out and vote for Biden despite there being a pandemic. People are excited for Biden!!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

does that mean what I think it means?

It's not nationalizing, it's having "skin in the game" :smugmrgw:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Florida votes yesterday:

Biden 1,075,089
Bernie 397,013

Trump 1,161,894

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

Epic High Five posted:

does that mean what I think it means?

It's almost time

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Gringostar posted:

lol

not at all

humans are pretty good at dealing with death even on a massive scale and the worse this is the better humanity will be after

look at what happened after the plague cleared up in europe... literally the renaissance

Like 50-100 years later... in the immediate aftermath you had massive peasant revolts in France, Germany and England, the final collapse of the Roman Empire and the collapse pf the Yuan dynasty in China.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Epic High Five posted:

Trump is uncontested on the Republican ballot in all of these states and he's still getting as many votes as the Dem winner gets lmao, he's incredibly popular with scores of millions of people and the Dems are actively refusing to make a case of another couple scores of millions that life would improve under Biden

AND he gets to run on a SCOTUS seat again!
Not just one... :getin:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

more and more republicans are going to make this calculation and think killing 3.5% of the population of the US is preferable to giving everyone 2000 bucks and stopping rent collection for 90 days.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1240381319517011971

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica
Man the people in this thread are really loving stupid.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

Florida votes yesterday:

Biden 1,075,089
Bernie 397,013

Trump 1,161,894

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

riseofmydick posted:

Some of them even think Joe Biden will win.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

riseofmydick posted:

now that your here

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

waiting for Biden to beat Trump in an election that won't happen with a base that's not dead... lol, I'm dumb.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Why do people keep saying that?

If you clear the infection and enforce mask wesring, also reopen the factories and keep the entertaining venues closed, you can manually lower the spreading speed a lot.

what masks

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1240370484560224257?s=20

Don't think the millennials are the problem in the spread.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i have some leftover antiviral meds that I got for my cat a while back, will those help with the roni

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Fellatio del Toro posted:

i have some leftover antiviral meds that I got for my cat a while back, will those help with the roni

They turn you into a cat as seen in the documentary CATS

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

couldn't hurt

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
reminder that as meager as our state shutdowns and government action are, it would be even more ineffectual and we'd be doing even less if most exclusively 15-50 crowd that died

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

riseofmydick posted:

riseofmydick posted:

Why are people more worried about this than SARS?

And why are people worried about a good chunk of the planet dying off a disease like it were a bad thing and not a normal part of the circle of life.

We're overdue for a Spanish Flu. 7 billion of us fuckers filling up every single dirty little hole this planet has with filth and killing off 50 million alone wouldn't make a god drat dent. And you're not going to get even 100,000 deaths from this thing.

nature is loving useless.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1240371160078000128

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Biden is engineered to lose, he is loving repulsive

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Solarin posted:

what masks

I was talking about China, which has all the mask factories. Not the US.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tunicate posted:

dude even with half the republican primaries cancelled, and even with the fact that he's an incumbent running essentially unopposed, trump has more primary votes than joe

yep - senior turnout is up a lot across the board, but <50 voters normally make up something like 53%+ of the Dem GE electorate, nearly all of whom are being told that their concerns don't matter by the party (and who are less likely to get their news/views from legacy media)

this election heavily motivating the olds and turning off non-geriatrics does not favor a Democratic victory

the course of the primary has cast doubt on the effectiveness of canvassing and similar, but if it does matter Joe isn't getting an army of motivated volunteers and there is zero reason to think his campaign is going to be managed particularly competently

and the news is no better when it comes to the media environment: Joe has gotten many tens of millions in free "earned" media and has had basically zero negative coverage for the duration of the primary, once the primary is over that ends and the media will absolutely "discover" all the things we know about Joe, and by the nature of his position Trump is in a much better position to engineer a last minute media bomb

all of which will be exacerbated by actual political attacks Joe escaped in the primary due to Bernie's reluctance to go negative + being completely dead in the water before the centrists all got their marching orders

the GOP is not going to have qualms about blasting his putrid record over the airwaves over and over and over again (much of which is on video), including his "senior moments" and Bad Touches

the economy potentially being in a depression is a thing that could still result in a Biden win despite all this, and it is still legitimately up in the air, but at the moment it's looking to favor Trump

it's easy to portray as a black swan and gives Trump lots of opportunities to take "strong measures" and look presidential

Trump is already outflanking Dem leadership on their left and the response of Dem leadership gives no reasonable observer the impression they're significantly better equipped to handle it than he is(n't)

if/when he starts cutting people checks with his name on it he'll have given people more tangible benefit than Dems have provided them in their lifetime and be up against a candidate who will necessarily be absent from the public eye as much as possible

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 18, 2020

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Clinton would have taken less action than what Trump is doing lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

thanks obama

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/EricLevitz/status/1240382053767618562

Serf
May 5, 2011

brady sluder

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Don't they already do poo poo like that in Germany (schumers statement). Like giving the Union representation on the board?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Test back negative, just a normal URI :toot: They're giving me a nebulizer, save some for the rainy day.

I am now back to doing normal social isolation instead of special social isolation.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the actual "employees on boards" plan is laughable, it's like 20% of the board as employees or some amount that'd be totally irrelevant to dictating how resources are distributed, and they'd be very easily bought by the board

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Paramemetic posted:

Test back negative, just a normal URI :toot: They're giving me a nebulizer, save some for the rainy day.

I am now back to doing normal social isolation instead of special social isolation.

Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Brady Sluder