Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Null Byte posted:

i'll show myself out

nah man I liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Null Byte posted:

the munchurian candidate

pavlunchian response

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
what's the meaning of this

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
A maternal insult (also referred to as a yo momma joke) is a reference to a person's mother through the use of phrases such as "your mother" or other regional variants, frequently used to insult the target by way of their mother.[1] Used as an insult, "your mother..." preys on widespread sentiments of filial piety, making the insult particularly and globally offensive. "Your mother" can be combined with most types of insults, although suggestions of promiscuity are particularly common.[2] Insults based on obesity, incest, age, race, poverty, poor hygiene, unattractiveness, or stupidity may also be used. Compared to other types of insults, "your mother" insults are especially likely to incite violence.[3] Slang variants such as "yo mama", "yo momma", "yer ma", "ya mum", "your mum" or "your mom" are sometimes used, depending on the local dialect. Insults involving "your mother" are commonly used when playing the dozens.
Although the phrase has a long history of including a description portion (such as the old, mostly harmless insult "your mother wears combat boots"), the phrase "yo mama" by itself, without any qualifiers, has become commonly used as an all-purpose insult[1] or an expression of defiance. The insult may fall flat if it is true and should be used with caution.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
is this thread still about wikipedia I haven't read it in like a year

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

FEMA summer camp posted:

nah man I liked it

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

LP97S posted:

what article is this from

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Ganguro King posted:

what article is this from

well I'm no readingologist but it appears to be from the page for the XF-108 Rapier

beep beep boop

oh hey I was right!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XF-108_Rapier

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

FEMA summer camp posted:

well I'm no readingologist but it appears to be from the page for the XF-108 Rapier

beep beep boop

oh hey I was right!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XF-108_Rapier

thanks

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

lets combine those 2 articles

big butte rapier

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lets combine those 2 articles

big butte rapier

law abiding rapier

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Stevemann_selfportrait_home-made_slit-shutter_camera1992.png

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

literally an anal tributary

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Nevergirls posted:

literally an anal tributary

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i like big buttes and i cannot lie
you other rivers can't deny

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

i like big buttes and i cannot lie
you other rivers can't deny

"Miss New Booty" -ying yang tze

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Nevergirls posted:

"Miss New Booty" -ying yang tze

i love that song unironically despite not being a big fan of big booty

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sniep posted:

i love that song unironically despite not being a big fan of big booty

it's a seriously huge huge huge tune

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Nevergirls posted:

it's a seriously huge huge huge tune

have you seen that dude who did it on the old showbiz pizza animatronic band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXkUSJkhTc

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep posted:

that dude has so much loving time on his hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yUnwZ0HgBo

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sniep posted:

Yes I literally almost posted the video too

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

maniacdevnull posted:

that dude has so much *clap clap* loving time on his hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNYKxiRJ2LA

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

File:2005 walking penis.jpg except on Phallus
File:20110325.jpg
File:7-15-07NAP 441.jpg except on Vulva
File:A dilated male anus.jpg
File:A Foreskin Retraction Series.JPG except on Glans penis
File:A vulva.jpeg except on Vulva, Talk:Vulva
File:Ampallang2.jpg
File:Ampallang cropped.jpg except on Ampallang
File:Amy with dildo.jpg
File:An Erection Development.JPG except on Human penis, Erection
File:Anal fissure 1.jpg except on Anal fissure
File:Anal gland abscess.JPG except on Anal glands
File:Anat09IMG 0045.jpg
File:Anarcho-swastika.svg except on Anarchism and nationalism

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sniep posted:

this is like if chuck e cheese was gayer

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

this is like if chuck e cheese was gayer

i think all showbiz pizzas turned into chuck e cheeses or went out of business in the mid 90s or something?

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
i outright refused to go to a showbiz pizza/chuckecheese/whatever birthday party i was invited to because even at 9-10 or whenever it was i knew that was dumb baby poo poo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

last time i was at a chuck e cheese it was after community service work at the courthouse and it was the closest place that was open w/ beer and it was a few of us's last night "working" and half of us were underage but then we got kicked out after a few pitchers when they caught on that we were just getting our drink and not gonna play any vidya games

i geuss ive been since then but i got kids and its legit to go to other kids bday parties there and eat the cardboard pizza and find the one working galaga machine

chuck e cheese/showbiz/celebration station are horrible places

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
how the gently caress does chuck e cheese have beer

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

quote:

Showbiz Pizza Place
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2007)
ShowBiz Pizza Place was a restaurant chain popular in the 1980s. Its history is greatly intertwined with that of its main competitor and eventual successor, Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theatre. Both companies found early success, owing partially to the rise in popularity of arcade games at the time. The basic concept was to offer pizza, a large selection of arcade games, and an animatronic stage show as a complete package of food and entertainment. The largest difference between the two, and easiest way to distinguish the two chains, was the different robotics and the mascots that each concept used. The mascot for Showbiz was Billy Bob, an overall-clad hillbilly bear.
[edit]History

The business was founded in Kansas City, Kansas, in 1980[1] by Robert L. Brock, owner of Brock Hotel Corporation. At the time, Brock was quite successful as one of the largest franchisers in the Holiday Inn hotel system. Eighty percent of ShowBiz Pizza was owned by Brock Hotel Corporation. The other 20 percent was owned by Creative Engineering, Inc. who was responsible for producing the animatronics show ShowBiz used: The Rock-afire Explosion[2]. In 1982, the company moved its headquarters to Irving, Texas. In 1984, ShowBiz Pizza purchased the assets of Chuck E. Cheese's (C.E.C) after it declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy. They then proceeded to change the name of the company to ShowBiz Pizza Time, Inc.; [3] however both restaurants continued operating as separate entities.
The continued financial decline of ShowBiz Pizza Time began to turn around as result of the efforts by Richard M. Frank, who became chairman and CEO in 1986. Based on customer research, Frank instituted a number of changes to appeal to younger children and parents. Specific measures included increased lighting, expanded and improved food, table service, self-serve fountain drinks, increased rides, and distinct toddler areas.[4] After a few more years, ShowBiz Pizza Time became publicly traded, severed ties with Creative Engineering, and ultimately restructured the restaurants under "Concept Unification" in 1990.[5] This effort consisted of renovating all ShowBiz animation into Chuck E. Cheese characters and renaming all stores to Chuck E. Cheese's. This would mark the end of the concept known as "ShowBiz Pizza." Although the company is still in business, as the current management of the "Chuck E. Cheese's" concept is a direct line from the "Showbiz Pizza Time, Inc." era, with little connection to the original "Pizza Time Theatre" ownership. In 1998, ShowBiz Pizza Place was disestablished, changed its name to CEC Entertainment, Inc., and moved its stock from from NASDAQ to NYSE.[6]
The majority of former Showbiz Pizza Place locations were converted into Chuck E. Cheese's. At the current time, there are around 83 converted "Rock-afire Explosion" shows still in use as "3-Stage" Chuck E. Cheese shows. Some stores were also closed at this time, while other former ShowBiz locations converted to independent concepts, Pistol Pete's Pizza in the Southwest (mostly in former Pizza Time Theatre stores), and Billy Bob's Wonderland in Barboursville, West Virginia, where the classic Rock-afire Explosion Band is still active. There are less than a handful of these stores still operational.
Another popular arcade and pizza place, Circus Pizza, had several locations around the Twin Cities in Minnesota from the early '80s through the late '90s, but it was always independent and the rival of Showbiz Pizza and Chuck E Cheese in Minnesota. Their stores were located in Maplewood, Roseville, and Brooklyn Park initially, then they acquired the ShowBiz in West St. Paul and the Chuck E. Cheese's in Burnsville, Blaine, and New Hope in 1987. When Showbiz Pizza closed its rival Twin Cities stores in '87, each Circus Pizza location acquired a Rock-afire Explosion show for their dining room areas except Roseville (which was renamed Picadilly Circus to differentiate it from the full-sized Circus Pizzas). They opened an Eau Claire, Wisconsin Circus by taking over another defunct Chuck E. Cheese in 1990, then Circus opened a brand new Edina store in 1994 which was the only location to feature the New Rock-afire show. After finally getting bought out in the late '90s, three of the old Circus Pizza locations were taken over by Chuck E. Cheese. However, the Rock-afire Explosion bands were removed. Those former Circus Pizza locations that are still in use by Chuck E Cheese are Blaine, Edina, and West St. Paul. Chuck E. shuttered all the other Circus stores rather than converting them all.
There are a few restaurants still using the Showbiz Pizza Place name and animation. All are located outside the United States, and have no connection to the original company. Known locations are in Lebanon, Dubai, and United Arab Emirates. One also operated in Salmiya, Kuwait, but was firebombed during the Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait.[7] There has been one return of the brand in the United States, where it was called Showbiz Pizza Zone. It is now closed.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
however i went DZ at discovery zone

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

got dat wmd posted:

technically it was "in the 80s"

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
gently caress wikipedia says discovery zone was bought by chuckecheese

fuc kthat poo poo dz owned bc it was a huge maze and had no gay embarassing furry poo poo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

got dat wmd posted:

i thought that was the entire allure - parents, bring your kids here, we have pizza, and rides and games, they will shut up and wear themselves out for an hour while you have some brews and then you go home and they are tired

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Sniep posted:

i thought that was the entire allure - parents, bring your kids here, we have pizza, and rides and games, they will shut up and wear themselves out for an hour while you have some brews and then you go home and they are tired

You just take your kids to a bar with video games, like any horrible parent from the late 80's/early 90's.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
thankfully there's dave and busters, the only reason to have YOUR next meeting in providence

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

got dat wmd posted:

thankfully there's dave and busters, the only reason to have YOUR next meeting in providence

Why yes, let me play some overpriced game with overpriced beer.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

LP97S posted:

Why yes, let me play some overpriced game with overpriced beer.

There is a twisted part of me that wants to go to D&B and get completely hammered while playing video games. Then I remember that I can buy some decent vodka and play much better video games at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
video games are gay but d&b is for going after work conferences s and then watching how coworkers they react around toys and amusements and pre-order them for promotions/assignments