Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Grandmother of Five posted:

The reason that this is hilarious to you is because you're being weird. Don't be weird, please.

Finding something funny isn't being weird, calm yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Flakey posted:

Finding something funny isn't being weird, calm yourself.

But someone on the internet is wrong :rolleyes:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I laughed way too hard at this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
This popped up on AnimeLab's (an Australian streaming/Simulcasting website) twitter feed earlier today;

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This popped up on AnimeLab's (an Australian streaming/Simulcasting website) twitter feed earlier today;

That works way too well.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Are the eyes on the left one done in post? I can't imagine how that inverse eye effect could be done with lenses.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Locator posted:

Are the eyes on the left one done in post? I can't imagine how that inverse eye effect could be done with lenses.

That and a bunch of other stuff.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wrong thread sorry

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

The Locator posted:

Probably, but sclera lenses cover the entire eye and would give that same effect.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Saitama doesn't look bored enough.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

VendaGoat posted:

Um....hmmmm. From experience.

People have set facial expressions for certain situations. The most easily and readily available is the "cheese" moment. There are also set stances, which the subject feels flatters them the best. You can google "Hand on hip" pose and get tons of examples. Then there are people whom will even take it a step further and observe themselves in a mirror to find their "best side" and present that, when an opportunity arises. This behavior can even go into observing oneself under different lighting conditions. Even further it can evolve into a desire to be seen and recorded in the most flattering way possible. Attention seeking is absolutely ingrained in humans.

Now that's one side of the spectrum.

The other end is the exact opposite behavior. "Don't take my picture, I'll break your camera", "No I don't photograph well" so on and so forth. Others will allow themselves to be recorded, but will knowingly attempt to self sabotage, in, what I can only guess, is a self fulfilling prophecy about their self image. People will look at a picture of themselves and say, "Oh I don't know how to smile", "Oh my crows feet look horrible" and so on.

It's really very interesting observing it all.

The point is. She's practiced that face, looking in a mirror and believes it is her "best look" and will default to it given an opportunity to do so. Your observation and the amusement from it is absolutely justified.

This is a really cool explanation, and I really enjoyed this impromptu episode of Inside The Cosplayers Studio.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Tis a tism joke.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

Tis a tism joke.

Only in a self deprecating way. :v:

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

A friend of mine went to WizardCon in Tulsa this weekend as the Billy Butcherson in a Hocus Pocus group.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Low-budget Iron-man there will be the new Boner Robin.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wade Wilson posted:

Low-budget Iron-man there will be the new Boner Robin.

Loathe as I am to say it, I don't think anything will ever replace Boner Robin.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I don't know. His "What have I become?" pose is doing it for me.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That's no where near boner robin.

First of all, there's no boner in that picture.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My favourite bit is that the lovely costume has abs on the armour

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

I'm the Thigh muscles

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There's also some fake muscle definition on his thighs.

Efb

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
It's totally cellulite.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

EmmyOk posted:

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

There's also some fake muscle definition on his thighs.

Efb

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I approve of your choice to use 1970s Iron Man. :toot:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Regarding the same face in photos tangent, I'm reminded of Lloyd Kaufman, head of Troma studios. In nearly every picture he takes, he does this weird face where he cocks his head to the side, and does a way too wide, totally fake looking smile. I've volunteered for Troma for a few public appearances where I've worked with him, and it's hilarious because he turns it on like a switch where he'll be fine and casual and cool with everyone around, then someone asks for his picture (which he gives freely and happily) and -click- head cock, over enthusiastic smile, and -click- it turns back off. GIS the man, and pretty much any picture that's taken of him posing with someone (as opposed to solo shots or candid photos) and he's making that face.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

drat, that could not have been easy to pose.

Always kinda bugged me Wolverine's clone was a small asian girl. Hell of a costume though. Looks damned near directly outta the comics.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Good dogsplay is always awesome.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Always kinda bugged me Wolverine's clone was a small asian girl.

She's definitely one of those characters that sucks in concept but can work well in execution.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Always kinda bugged me Wolverine's clone was a small asian girl. Hell of a costume though. Looks damned near directly outta the comics.

Almost shocking that Chris Clairemont had nothing to do with her creation.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

My knees hurt looking at this.

Hell of a pose and a great photo as well.

I'm not familiar with the character to comment on the costume.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

VendaGoat posted:

My knees hurt looking at this.

Hell of a pose and a great photo as well.

I'm not familiar with the character to comment on the costume.

She's Wolverine's bad guy science daughter (I mean bad guy science created her, not that she is a bad guy)

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

hiddenriverninja posted:

She's Wolverine's bad guy science daughter (I mean bad guy science created her, not that she is a bad guy)

Whats that? A space fascist post in order to avoid a lovely comics derail you say?

Peak :irony: here. Or maybe poetic something or other.

Germany doesn't like people walking around in fascist costumes. GEE I WONDER WHY.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

She's not supposed to be Asian. Every artist hears dark haired ninja girl and draws her as a younger Psylocke, though.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Practical Demon posted:

She's not supposed to be Asian. Every artist hears dark haired ninja girl and draws her as a younger Psylocke, though.

Who was a tall British woman until Claremont. And we're full circle.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Love the Stormtrooper just chilling there.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

HardDisk posted:

Love the Stormtrooper just chilling there.

He be like "space fascism? Pssht, cool story bro"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I'm flying to New York tomorrow. I'll be joining the owner of this car as we spend 5 days driving around Manhattan. Stay tuned for insanity.

• Locked thread