Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

milkman dad posted:

I took a break from wrestling with the emulation database to mod the global textures to enable the "daniel" face for all races:
https://imgur.com/a/YoyjGzN

You can install it yourself: https://filebin.net/sljstknb1fzxzqkw

Only the "daniel" face for each race enables it. If there's an interest in an ultra-daniel pack where all faces are the daniel I can make that too.

Nice, it looks AMAZING

I was super close to making all hill giants have the face of comedian super star Louie Anderson but it kept not looking right.

The next thing I would have changed would be turning the cyclops into this

I started up an EQEmu server for myself so I could run around boss zones and just kill everything with a sword I made that was 10000dmg with 3 delay and proc'd Cazic Touch (Thule's death touch).

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dick Burglar posted:

If you went LD while zoning, you never appeared in the other zone. It was basically like logging out at the zone line. Happened all the time on Rallos Zek from vanilla to Luclin (when I quit for good).

I was in college in 99, and our network normally seemed fine, but it hated EverQuest. Literally half the time, zoning meant watching a loading screen for 2 minutes until I got kicked to server select, then back in. It was miserable.

Edit: At home for holidays / summer it was fine, of course. Something with the campus network.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

ultradaniel is ready: now all faces are daniel, the sun and moon are daniel, and select spell effects are daniel:

you can install with the following file
https://filebin.net/4ytdun0i8147bx90

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

milkman dad posted:

ultradaniel is ready: now all faces are daniel, the sun and moon are daniel, and select spell effects are daniel:

you can install with the following file
https://filebin.net/4ytdun0i8147bx90

You salvaged this year

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

The troll daniels anime eyes are creepin me out

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010
It’s like a fever dream I love it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Dick Burglar posted:

If you went LD while zoning, you never appeared in the other zone. It was basically like logging out at the zone line. Happened all the time on Rallos Zek from vanilla to Luclin (when I quit for good).

peace of formosa?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I was a nobody on RZ. My brother was involved with some more noteworthy folks, but I honestly cannot remember the names of the guilds he ran with, and I can't ask him because we no longer speak (not a big loss :v:). Was PoF an EQ thing? My lovely memory says that was a UO guild, but, as I said, my memory is poo poo. Maybe there was another China-themed guild on the Atlantic server on UO that I'm conflating it with.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 29, 2020

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Dick Burglar posted:

I was a nobody on RZ. My brother was involved with some more noteworthy folks, but I honestly cannot remember the names of the guilds he ran with, and I can't ask him because we no longer speak (not a big loss :v:). Was PoF an EQ thing? My lovely memory says that was a UO guild, but, as I said, my memory is poo poo. Maybe there was another China-themed guild on the Atlantic server on UO that I'm conflating it with.

pof was a taiwaneese guild on rz, they were the main faction behind conflict. the na ( ascending dawn) and eu factions didnt want to pvp they just wanted to raid, then pof was like gently caress you were fighting for the planes and it started a huge war between those 3 factions. pof beat eu into submition and eu joined one of the other two then burn out + ad eventually beat pof into submission but im pretty sure it was more that most of them were migrating to daoc. i was also a no body but i tried to stay up on the politics so i knew what to do to avoid being kos to any side.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah that sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure my brother was either in Ascending Dawn or raided with them. I think first he was just associated with them, then later joined.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rallos Zek bluebies, shameful

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Here are some of the daniel spell effects I'm working on in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4q39J2nlU

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
that is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen

CobyKoby
Jan 3, 2008
Rebel, Rebel. Your face is a mess.
Are there any SA guilds on green? I just started on there and It's a little lonely, especially so as i'm on GMT time

I am absolutely loving how packed it is, even if i'm struggling to find mobs in certain zones as they've all been picked up by others (Trying to get HQ bear pelts atm to get some bronze for my Bard, only level 6 though!)

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

CobyKoby posted:

Are there any SA guilds on green? I just started on there and It's a little lonely, especially so as i'm on GMT time

I am absolutely loving how packed it is, even if i'm struggling to find mobs in certain zones as they've all been picked up by others (Trying to get HQ bear pelts atm to get some bronze for my Bard, only level 6 though!)

I don't think there are any dedicated goon guilds unfortunately :( I may be wrong though!

And it gets rough, I think green also has lower prices and drop rates for some stuff, compared to Blue. On blue I started a bard in Qeynos and made bank collecting and selling bone chips early on, and then when I leveled up a bit I made more plat than I've ever made as an un-twinked newbie doing the bandit sash quests! I'd easily made a few hundred plat solely from the bandit sashes. On Green when I tried doing the bandit sashes, the drop rate was WAY lower, like only getting 2 belts in an hour and a half of bandit killing low, and stacks of bone chips were going for cheap. This is likely to change once the server ages a bit, if it hasn't changed already!

I'd really like to get back into it, try leveling up my ranger some more - last time I played I was hanging out in crushbone. I'd also like to play my bard on blue again, but I've been stuck in the overthere too much of a pansy to try to get out (because it's got so many mobs that can see through my bard invis!) , and last time I tried nobody would run to the WW zoneline to help me TP out :(

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

CobyKoby posted:

p99 green premier guild, "dial-a-daniel," reporting in

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

milkman dad posted:

Here are some of the daniel spell effects I'm working on in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4q39J2nlU
This is amazing. That bat is very much in need of a daniel face though.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sachant posted:

This is amazing. That bat is very much in need of a daniel face though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtey-5_2kDM

i always use the shittiest spotify/aoundcloud mixes just so it doesn't get DMCAd to hell.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 9, 2020

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Just as a reminder, here's the Discord link for P99 Goons: https://discord.gg/4yycvzh

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

We're looking to replace a 6th on our static that had to drop. We play 8-11 PM EST on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. We currently are levels 31-35 with a Ranger/Shaman/Druid/Cleric/Enchanter. Ideally looking for another DPS-- Rogue/Monk/Mage/Necro/Enchanter/Bard. Send me a message on the goon p99 discord or post in here if you're interested!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

milkman dad posted:

We're looking to replace a 6th on our static that had to drop. We play 8-11 PM EST on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. We currently are levels 31-35 with a Ranger/Shaman/Druid/Cleric/Enchanter. Ideally looking for another DPS-- Rogue/Monk/Mage/Necro/Enchanter/Bard. Send me a message on the goon p99 discord or post in here if you're interested!

What’s the min level you’d want to take on?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

please knock Mom! posted:

[/

[quote="please knock Mom!" post="506658516"]

Shoot me a message on the goon p99 discord (milkman) and we can talk about it.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
For some inexplicable reason I’ve started playing again despite successfully staying away for the better part of 2 years.

In as Fraxto, 54 enc. Looking for a cleric BFF who wants to duo their way to glory.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Green server goes Kunark next month. I've been playing this game off and on for 20 years and I've never gotten a character beyond level 20. I told myself- quarantine, I'm at home doing nothing, gonna do it this time. Gave up just shy as 20, as per usual. :effort:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Arven posted:

Green server goes Kunark next month. I've been playing this game off and on for 20 years and I've never gotten a character beyond level 20. I told myself- quarantine, I'm at home doing nothing, gonna do it this time. Gave up just shy as 20, as per usual. :effort:

You should get some kind of award for this.

Hic Sunt Dracones
Apr 3, 2004
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Arven posted:

Green server goes Kunark next month.

Oh yeah - thanks for the reminder. I’ll probably hop on at least long enough to bind myself at the firepots for future utility.

I haven’t touched Green in a good six months. The Teal/Green merger followed soon after by the quarantine caused such a population explosion that I stopped finding it fun to log on. I was reminded that I like the idea of endgame EQ a hell of a lot more than I enjoy the actual experience of competitive raiding.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003

Arven posted:

If you're trying to ruin your life do it the right way and at least get to level 34 when the game really starts sinking its claws into you.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Arven posted:

I only got 1 character past 20 on live, I made so many alts.

I vowed to stick with it from there on, so I hit max level in wow and I've since gotten to 40 in 1999.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Kunark is out on green

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260
...and quest XP is apparently disabled until December 6th?

Weird flex.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fyodorovich posted:

Weird flex.

:confused:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I'm guessing to prevent people from speed-leveling iksars? They initially killed the lowbie mail quests on green's release but restored them a while later, so I guess they're doing a similar thing again?

Edit: not sure why the gently caress it matters, but grogs gonna grog.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Fyodorovich posted:

Weird flex.

wait Lmao what. across the board or just kunark? that's so dumb

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Might be a way to limit the amount of players all doing the same content at once, and prevent the drama of max level characters camping midlevel spawns? You have a month of everyone going down there and doing their camps, and hopefully a month later they'll be done and it'll free it up for players starting their iksar? Though at that point it probably would have just been smarter to disallow iksar creation for a month.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
This is the kind of thing that really only impacts players in the middle who have enough plat to buy bone chips etc. but don't have high level friends/can't afford a PL.

Also sucks for the higher level players who can actually get really good XP from parts of their epic quests.

Not classic and dumb as hell if you ask me.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Yea it's super dumb to punish 99% of the player base for the 1% who would exploit it. It won't even slow them down as they'll just PL in other ways. Rogean is seriously a moron and can't stand it when people play the "wrong" way in a 20 year old game.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Part of why I gave up on p99 is the super selective non-classic tweaks. These are just arbitrary decisions about how the game is "supposed" to be played, but not how it was actually played. So what if people know exp quests? They were known by people back in the day. It would be like changing boss mob strats because oh look, people are rushing Trakanon and killing him in mere hours- that's totally classic. :getout:

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Anarch posted:

Part of why I gave up on p99 is the super selective non-classic tweaks. These are just arbitrary decisions about how the game is "supposed" to be played, but not how it was actually played. So what if people know exp quests? They were known by people back in the day. It would be like changing boss mob strats because oh look, people are rushing Trakanon and killing him in mere hours- that's totally classic. :getout:

Exactly. With Rogeans logic all raid targets should be disabled for at least a month as people weren't killing Trak on day one on live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

How hard would it be to set up an emu server on my laptop so I could just create a toon with crazy stats and go through all the old zones? I always get nostalgic with this game but with a toddler and another one on the way, I have zero time to gently caress with classic poo poo.