Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Wintermutant posted:

What all device models have promotions attached again?

I think it was any Samsung device for one and specifically a Samsung Galaxy S7 for the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

MichiganCubbie posted:

I think it was any Samsung device for one and specifically a Samsung Galaxy S7 for the other.

That's what I thought; I already had the general Samsung one, but I just tried both the S7 and Note 7 and didn't get anything extra for either so that one may have expired.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
New record for me in p4 of HAAT:

Echo is still G10, and I still need to work on mods some

Edit: that was enough for 2nd place:

And now echo is g11!

two_step fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 7, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I miss two_step :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

CaptainPsyko posted:

Had my first node 12 from hell today with Zeta QGJ lead, GK, Yoda, Chirrut, Baze.

Fortunately still pretty easy to take down thanks to being GW, where I can use my Zader/Boba arena setup to kill Kenobi and then send in Wiggs and Co. to mop up, but I guess this is The Future, given that I'm 2,000 xp away from level 85.

Actually I'd never seen zeta QGJ in GW before the update yesterday and now I've seen several.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I think it's weird that a guild like ours can't do kenobi raids. I feel like if 50 people of whatever level get together we should at least get 5 shards a week or something. It's nuts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aadoniel posted:

I think it's weird that a guild like ours can't do kenobi raids. I feel like if 50 people of whatever level get together we should at least get 5 shards a week or something. It's nuts.

I don't think we have a full 50 active, and easily 20 of these accounts aren't deep enough to really be able to tackle all four phases of the raid.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I don't think we have a full 50 active, and easily 20 of these accounts aren't deep enough to really be able to tackle all four phases of the raid.

I can only tackle 2 so far trying to push a team to handle 3 and it takes a WHILE.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Herux posted:

I can only tackle 2 so far trying to push a team to handle 3 and it takes a WHILE.

It takes like 2 months or so to get a team for a phase 7*'ed and longer to properly level and gear them.

Most of your droids require fusion furnaces, too, so you're pretty much baked on progress until you either buy them or get them to drop.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Some sort of weird meta shakeup is happening on my shard, as if a million Wiggs/Lando/STH/Boba teams cried out and were shoved down like 10 slots by Sith teams.

I'm still rocking a counter-meta STH/RG/Lumi/Boba/Lando (L) team and where I previously lived comfortably in the top 20, I found myself at #37 all of a sudden today - clawed my way back up but god drat.

My concern is that it's taken a ton of time and mod challenges to get my team to 5* mods, and I don't quite know what to invest in or if any changes are needed. Halp: https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/

I've been madly gearing for the Palp event, should have Wedge 7* in time but AA will be a dodgy 5* at the start.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Numismancer posted:

Some sort of weird meta shakeup is happening on my shard, as if a million Wiggs/Lando/STH/Boba teams cried out and were shoved down like 10 slots by Sith teams.

I'm still rocking a counter-meta STH/RG/Lumi/Boba/Lando (L) team and where I previously lived comfortably in the top 20, I found myself at #37 all of a sudden today - clawed my way back up but god drat.

My concern is that it's taken a ton of time and mod challenges to get my team to 5* mods, and I don't quite know what to invest in or if any changes are needed. Halp: https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/

I've been madly gearing for the Palp event, should have Wedge 7* in time but AA will be a dodgy 5* at the start.

The counter to sith teams is rex.

Edit: if you don't have rex, a fast yoda can work, but it's hard to outspeed maul leads.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 8, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

The counter to sith teams is rex.

I like running Rex, Chirrut, and GK just to be sure.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Should the ships priority list have sun fac in front of Maul? I feel like those guys have switched places.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Should the ships priority list have sun fac in front of Maul? I feel like those guys have switched places.

Fixed.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Numismancer posted:

Ya something is happening. I was under 500 this morning (arena not being my thing) and when I logged in just now I see I got rewards for being over rank 1000 wth?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Numismancer posted:

Lando (L) Wedge, Biggs, STH, Boba Fett

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Ya something is happening. I was under 500 this morning (arena not being my thing) and when I logged in just now I see I got rewards for being over rank 1000 wth?

A lot of people are starting to get their first Zeta, which basically levels the playing field. Also people are starting to get level 85 geared DN/SAss.

Chilichimp posted:

Lando (L) Wedge, Biggs, STH, Boba Fett

I'd still run Wedge (L).

e: Something else, I landed over 6 million in Rancor today running Teebo, Rex (G8), QGJ, Phasma, TFP, and I ran it really, really fast. Mostly did Basic Auto, but took it out anytime the boss started getting high TM to make sure Teebo could use stealth. I think I could've cleared P3, except that with about 10% left in P2, Rancor got its first turn, and used that to kill Rex (again, G8). This only happened because Teebo's stealth was resisted two turns in a row. Rex + QGJ are amazing at keeping Rancor's TM down. With a G10 Rex, I might even be able to Solo rancor.

For dealing with Sith squads (Maul lead, in particular), I'd highly recommend Rex (L) with B2. I'm not quite there with either of them yet, but it seems like the best counter.

I was hoping to get some decent speed mods, but I've been on an incredibly dry run, and I might go back to farming B2, he just needs 80 shards. I started recording mod drops a few days ago, I'm up to 131 attempts, and for 5* mods, I've gotten 27 Grey, 4 Green, 3 Blue, 1 Purple, and 1 Gold, and only one of those had a speed secondary (I think it was a green), and it didn't even roll speed for me. I'm also recording how many speed and CD primaries I get, as well as the shape of each mod. I'm at 25 left side mods to 11 right side mods, so far confirming my general sense that you get 2:1 left to right side mods. Will keep tracking though.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 8, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

A lot of people are starting to get their first Zeta, which basically levels the playing field. Also people are starting to get level 85 geared DN/SAss.

I'd still run Wedge (L).

I only say Lando because of speedier STH taunt.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, specifically MUMUR and DARTHTATER, you guys need to slow things down on the Rancor. 8 minutes from damage start to p1 down is way too fast. When you're close to ending, just stop for 20 minutes or so and let everyone get a chance to get in.

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear
Yes I'm horrible and hit auto on p1 and it blew through it. Won't do that again.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Stealth guild merc change:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I hear zeta Kylo can solo P1 of HAAT. How RNG dependent is that and do we have anyone with zKylo?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I hear zeta Kylo can solo P1 of HAAT. How RNG dependent is that and do we have anyone with zKylo?

This relies on what is probably a glitch. Kylo has a 50% chance to get cooldown reduction when he takes damage. This reduces the number of turns before he can try to escape.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

This relies on what is probably a glitch. Kylo has a 50% chance to get cooldown reduction when he takes damage. This reduces the number of turns before he can try to escape.

lol, PROBABLY a glitch?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

lol, PROBABLY a glitch?

They haven't commented on it one way or another, so it may or may not be a glitch.

e: Just hit the hardest GW node I've had in a long time, zQGJ, Yoda, Aayla, GK, JKA. Had to run GK, Chaze, Barriss, B2.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 8, 2017

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
This last patch said they fixed Kylo recovering more protection than intended when using his outrage special. Are we sure he's still broken?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Inimicul posted:

This last patch said they fixed Kylo recovering more protection than intended when using his outrage special. Are we sure he's still broken?

I don't have him and haven't checked. That was a different bug though, and he can do 20k+ with outrage, which means he regains 20k+ protection when that isn't broken.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Mr. Neutron posted:

I have kylo at g10 now and will have zeta in a week or so. Earlier if i get lucky. Later if i get standard cg no rng. :)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

lol, PROBABLY a glitch?

even if it is a bug, I think he can still solo p1, it just makes it more tedious (you have to keep resetting if you fail to run away).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
So...this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4YeRgQFtnk

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Venture posted:

There's a thread on Reddit for people to find others in their arena shard. I scrolled through and found there's a Discord server associated with mine. A couple months ago we were still small and it was pretty easy to take #1, but people have turned into hardcore whales and they've joined TeamSkunk and the like. Today I noticed all the TeamSkunk whales had migrated to a new guild and some of the leftover baby whales asked in Discord what happened to everyone. This was the response: "Most of TS Alpha and 25-30 TS guilds plus a couple dozens other guilds moved to a community of guilds that work together to help with recruiting, content, information, etc. and fellowship. It does not have a leader but is run by a senate and guilds determine their own rules as we all have our own personality. We have called it The Alliance."

So that's what happened if you're wondering where they all went.

How exactly did you find your specific shard? I'm having extreme difficulty staying in the top 50 now, despite making steady gains on the right characters. I'm convinced my shard is organized since I've had days of people becoming "busy with another battle" as soon as I lose to them while I get dragged back by people in their guild.

I wanna see what these jerks are saying because I'm not staying in punk 45-65 territory.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Client update! First Phoenix Squadron event starts in...six hours? Hera Syndulla and Kanan Jarrus are now in the hero list too.

Hera's leadership ability grants all Phoenix Squadron members each other's unique abilities. :stare:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

overdesigned posted:

Client update! First Phoenix Squadron event starts in...six hours? Hera Syndulla and Kanan Jarrus are now in the hero list too.

Hera's leadership ability grants all Phoenix Squadron members each other's unique abilities. :stare:

Yeah, this is insane. And she can give someone else an un-dispellable revive on death ability. Hera (L), Chopper, Kanan is already sounding OP. Chopper: Recover 15% HP on turn, gain 15% protection when damaged if he doesn't already have protection up. This is an absurd counter to Sun Fac, and more importantly, Darth Nihilus (although I guess Nihilus will eventually just Annihilate someone, but still). Kanan: 70% Counter, recover 25% HP whenever debuffed.

Gotta love this power creep.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Uh it's not exactly a creep.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Calling it now. Next patch will have Darth Moneygrab with the special "attacker just dies and you win forever"

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Space Crabs posted:

How exactly did you find your specific shard? I'm having extreme difficulty staying in the top 50 now, despite making steady gains on the right characters. I'm convinced my shard is organized since I've had days of people becoming "busy with another battle" as soon as I lose to them while I get dragged back by people in their guild.

I wanna see what these jerks are saying because I'm not staying in punk 45-65 territory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5x4a5v/meet_other_players_from_your_arena_leaderboard/

That's the thread, I did a control+F search for people at the top of my shard. I commented and received a PM with a Discord invite. Some shards use LINE instead. Confirmed from reading their chat that they help one another during their payout by weakening their own teams and locking down others outside the clique.

It's all a little too tryhard for me. I don't trade spots with anyone, I just peep at the conversations now and then.

What team are you currently running?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I couldn't find anyone in that thread from my shard, from Nov' 15

my top 10 currently is

1)Cambo - Power Wolves
2)iN Yendor - Team Instinct
3)OldKing - Dark Council Dromund Kaas
4)ChaosisOrder - Rebels ALLIANCE
5)Drevh - C3P Bros
6)Oily Penguin - Meatbags with Jobs
7)TristanIrwin66 - Order 66 41st Division
8)rblyk (cyrillic) - ALASH
9)jkdmike - Twisted Ronin Cantina
10)Cetta - SithLivesMattered

No goons I can find in the top 50, soooo much Zaul with some Zader and Rex lead teams.

So how long till we see g11 Hera/Kaanan/Chopper/Wiggs on top of arena?

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 9, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I have a launch shard and apparently no one gives a poo poo to post on reddit. Most of my ton 10 seems to be japanese guilds & people from hungary

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Venture posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5x4a5v/meet_other_players_from_your_arena_leaderboard/

That's the thread, I did a control+F search for people at the top of my shard. I commented and received a PM with a Discord invite. Some shards use LINE instead. Confirmed from reading their chat that they help one another during their payout by weakening their own teams and locking down others outside the clique.

It's all a little too tryhard for me. I don't trade spots with anyone, I just peep at the conversations now and then.

What team are you currently running?

I started pretty recently so I am transitioning from the point where I just have a few strong people to form a single team to where I can start choosing comps.

My team is Lando/STH/Biggs/Lumi and I switch out the fifth slot to take down other teams, I've only got Vader, Jedi Consular, Royal Guard, Tie Fighter Pilot up to the rough strength level of my other characters to switch in. When I see a Nihilus team I use the Royal Guard to stun that cocksucker dooku and things like that.

I know my team is scrub tier until I finish getting some units I need but I was holding #14-#20 for awhile but now I can barely stay in the 40s. I'm hoping to hold my place better once i figure out how to buy chaze or finally get Wedge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

May new characters are Visa MCarr, Admiral Express, and D'ebb Credds leading the Max Rebo Band