Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I dug it, although you could definitely tell there were a few moments where some pieces were missing or re-arranged. Those other two Leviathan members just kinda showing up was a little weird, but they looked pretty freaking cool in action.

Waiting til January to find out if Brainy makes it, though, that's gonna be rough.

I'm also entirely onboard with Lex being able to outsmart everyone, that's kind of his thing and I much prefer this kind of Lex to a Lex in a battlesuit that's reduced to just another person that the Supers need to punch to overcome. Obviously he's going to screw up at some point, probably through his own greed or vanity, and it's gonna be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

howe_sam posted:

That's....a really dumb looking outfit Alex.

When they first show the full suit from behind was that some weird CGI body double?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

A Fancy Hat posted:

Waiting til January to find out if Brainy makes it, though, that's gonna be rough.

Bad news then, Supergirl won't be back until next April at the earliest.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The CW shows should switch to animation until the pandemic is over. Everyone can literally phone in their roles!

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, I'd have preferred if he underestimated Brainy's willingness to sacrifice himself but since he'd considered that as an option (before discarding) he know how to use it. "Oh well, plan B then" instead of his plan all along. Like you said, it's getting a bit too Diaz.

I've been assuming at least some of the 'yes of course this is what I calculated all along' is a bullshit pose anyway. We saw him absolutely lose his poo poo at first, and then reassemble the act, presumably as he figured out how to make it work from there.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

LongDarkNight posted:

When they first show the full suit from behind was that some weird CGI body double?

Yeah I noticed that too it was bizarre, I'm guessing they ran out of footage because of the pandemic

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Well they already squandered Leviathan which was the last event org that Lois and Clark ended up tangling with. With Metropolis, I assume it's Intergang. They could also bring back some Supergirl characters/enemies like Morgan Edge or Snapper Carr. Maybe reintroduce Zod. For ones not seen yet, maybe The Prankster or Ultra-Humanite or The Eradicator.

The premise for Superman & Lois is that they're moving back to Smallville and that Lana Lang and General Lane (who IIRC they recast from s1 of Supergirl) are the supporting cast.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

LongDarkNight posted:

I don't know but it was a weird shot and the vo was really bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

The premise for Superman & Lois is that they're moving back to Smallville

pull up PULL UP

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

muscles like this! posted:

The premise for Superman & Lois is that they're moving back to Smallville and that Lana Lang and General Lane (who IIRC they recast from s1 of Supergirl) are the supporting cast.

I wonder if they’ll do the ‘smallville is within commute distance of metropolis’ thing that smallville did.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The real question is will Smallville have a Jitters?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ruddiger posted:

The real question is will Smallville have a Jitters?

I assume they'll reassemble the loving Talon set.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just caught up. Finale was alright. Rushed but you know. Pandemic. I was never that into Leviathon as villains so you know... but it ended with a couple of big fights and a Supergirl pep talk so that's a finale.

Lex was the MVP of the season. Cryer is amazing as Lex and when he lost his cool on Lena it was breath taking. I hope he just ends up pulling double duty on bother Super shows and being everywhere. Hell, let him go gently caress with Barry and Jefferson. Lex for next season's crossover.

Alex's costume sucked but they have a break to fix that. I wonder if the production shutdowns affected it or if it was just a bad design. But here's to it getting fixed.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Alex's costume sucked but they have a break to fix that. I wonder if the production shutdowns affected it or if it was just a bad design. But here's to it getting fixed.

She also needs to wear glasses with her costume to actually fool people. Otherwise you can totally tell it's her and she is not really in disguise.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 26, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While its kind of ugly I'm not bothered that her first instinct instead of "mask" was "eye shadow and a hood" considering Oliver Queen wrote the book in vigilantism in this world. She's in her Hood stage.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Better than being in her "The Streak" stage.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

STAC Goat posted:

While its kind of ugly I'm not bothered that her first instinct instead of "mask" was "eye shadow and a hood" considering Oliver Queen wrote the book in vigilantism in this world. She's in her Hood stage.

But I mean, Dreamer is right there with the domino mask. And Guardian had a whole drat helmet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ShakeZula posted:

But I mean, Dreamer is right there with the domino mask. And Guardian had a whole drat helmet.

Look, I may be entirely joking but I also may be arguing that it makes complete sense for Alex to turn to the example of the world's most famous unpowered human vigilante as a role model to counter her inferiority complex of being surrounded by super powered alien gods. I'm not sure which one is true. She does have a lot of emotional trauma.

James was more comfortable due to his years of time as Superman's sidekick? Also Winn was desperate to design stuff? Also he looks like he probably played football so maybe he's more conscious of CTE effects and the need for proper head protection?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I honestly do kind of love the notion that Alex's experiences with both Kara and Clark have taught her that people only recognize other people based off of their hair and eyes. Thus, any outfit that alters or obscures those elements is a sufficient disguise.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Some people misunderstand Lex Luthor. It isn't that he knows how everything will turn out and is prepared. It's that he doesn't know how everything will turn out but he is prepared to take advantage of any eventuality. He has plans about plans about plans about plans. Whatever the future holds, he's ready because he already thought of that, no matter how things actually turn out. And even if he hasn't thought of that, he's smart enough to think about it on the fly and still win.
He always wins and he knows he will always win. What he does not know, is exactly how he will win.

His mom is right though: his hatred of aliens will be his downfall. His downfall will be his own hubris, not anything done to him, but what he does to himself.

He created an Earth where he was a hero and a beloved public figure, but it wasn't good enough because Kara was still flying around being friends with his sister and that couldn't be allowed to stand.
He is his own worst enemy.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Bruceski posted:

Gemma said "she".
DarkSheid Is!

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Kind of lame that they went with "Supergirl has a one to one with half of the world and convinces every single one of them to leave at the same instance with just a few words" solution. "I beleive in you /puke" worked instead of "get the gently caress out or you will die"
The 3 eternals also sucked. Stand in a line and spam the same 3 spells over and over.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, so does anyone know why Brainiac 5 was able to be on the Leviathan headquarters without being affected by the radiation?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, so does anyone know why Brainiac 5 was able to be on the Leviathan headquarters without being affected by the radiation?

It basically killed him?

The radiation wasn't in their outer parlor, just the actual control center.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, and I thought Brainy was able to do as much as he could because he was slightly more resistant to the radiation than a human.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It basically killed him?

The radiation wasn't in their outer parlor, just the actual control center.

What!? Brainiac 5 was with Brainy while he was writhing in pain while trying to shrink the Leviathan crew.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vietnamwees posted:

What!? Brainiac 5 was with Brainy while he was writhing in pain while trying to shrink the Leviathan crew.

The alt-universe female Brainy? She's a mental projection from inside the button she gave him. He used it earlier to talk to another one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah he absorbed all the other Brainiacs into his "core" or "hive consciousness" or "hard drive" or something. So she wasn't actually physically there. If he was a normal person it would have been a "ghost" or "hallucination" or something but he's a cyborg alien something so she was actually in there somewhere.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Plus that’s his real life sister and she was great on Being Human.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Beens posted:

Kind of lame that they went with "Supergirl has a one to one with half of the world and convinces every single one of them to leave at the same instance with just a few words" solution. "I beleive in you /puke" worked instead of "get the gently caress out or you will die"
The 3 eternals also sucked. Stand in a line and spam the same 3 spells over and over.

What was missing was people joining in the middle of her speech going "What's going on? What did I miss?" or 2,000,000,000 other people logging in after the first 2 billion collectively agree to log out somehow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Supergirl giving an inspirational speech to 2 billion people to convince them to log off is obviously a silly as gently caress season resolution, but its also 100% thematically fitting for Supergirl after 5 seasons. You just gotta roll with it at this stage and laugh.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Supergirl giving an inspirational speech to 2 billion people to convince them to log off is obviously a silly as gently caress season resolution, but its also 100% thematically fitting for Supergirl after 5 seasons. You just gotta roll with it at this stage and laugh.

The only way it could get any more Supergirl is if there was like a stubborn 5% of them who refused to log off purely because a girl told them to so they "owned the libs" by willfully ceasing to exist. And the show finds a blunt as gently caress way to all but tell you "These people were Trump supporters."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

The only way it could get any more Supergirl is if there was like a stubborn 5% of them who refused to log off purely because a girl told them to so they "owned the libs" by willfully ceasing to exist. And the show finds a blunt as gently caress way to all but tell you "These people were Trump supporters."

Yeah I guessed Supergirl fixed racism last season but not sexism

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I guessed Supergirl fixed racism last season but not sexism

It's also kind of got Batwoman now acting as a heat shield for it by planting an even bigger flag in being the Woman Show with a side helping of being the Gay Show to make all the hyper-online boys go bonkers over where they used to focus their ire sorely on Supergirl.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

It's also kind of got Batwoman now acting as a heat shield for it by planting an even bigger flag in being the Woman Show with a side helping of being the Gay Show to make all the hyper-online boys go bonkers over where they used to focus their ire sorely on Supergirl.

Although you can still feel the great vengeance and furious anger whenever they post something related to Nicole Maines.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It's pretty clear though that the final boss fight and resolution felt anti climactic because Leviathan wasn't meant to be the actual Big Bad of the season; Lex was; and we missed that final arc where he would have been defeated in whatever nefarious scheme he had going.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is hard to know exactly what originally was supposed to happen because it sounds like this episode was a mix of the original episode 19 with some chunks of the finale kind of shoved in there.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
The politics of this show are always very well intentioned but yeah the execution has been all over the place. The season 2 final arc with the whole "resist" theme with people taking to the streets to fight was probably the first sign that they don't exactly handle it very well.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

J33uk posted:

The politics of this show are always very well intentioned but yeah the execution has been all over the place. The season 2 final arc with the whole "resist" theme with people taking to the streets to fight was probably the first sign that they don't exactly handle it very well.

That episode was also called "Nevertheless, She Persisted", which is a great slam on Mitch McConnell because gently caress him, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

That episode was also called "Nevertheless, She Persisted", which is a great slam on Mitch McConnell because gently caress him, but still...

Supergirl has basically had a history of being both ham handed in addressing social issues, but also pulling their punches.

I expect this coming season might try and address injustices by law enforcement since that's the current issue atm, but who knows.