Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
500 more renown and Frost is mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shotgun used to be basically mandatory for Smoke because it gave you flexibility in opening trap doors and killholes and such. There was basically no point to taking anything else since the SMG11 was such an unstoppable bullet hose. Glad they fired the guy that had it on his body pillow.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Shotgun used to be basically mandatory for Smoke because it gave you flexibility in opening trap doors and killholes and such. There was basically no point to taking anything else since the SMG11 was such an unstoppable bullet hose. Glad they fired the guy that had it on his body pillow.

Yeah, pick Smoke on bomb, grab the shotty and blast the wall between the objectives until the shotty is empty, then hold a tight angle with the SMG and rule the day. Works surprisingly well.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
bad gun!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jL0vV3bppE

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

i love this game :allears:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Just got this and it's really addicting. I'm pretty lost on offense and defense but I'm learning the maps right now. I've been getting slaughtered.

On offense I main Thatcher and pretty much every guy online I've said that to scoffs at me. Defense I like the Bandit dude since I figured out his move.

Terror hunt is hella fun. I've just been doing matchmaking for the most part and all the crews I've landed with have been chill. They are most likely low level like me though so loving up is funny at the moment and not really stressful.

When I pick hard or realistic it appears to launch that but then the loading screen always says "normal". I'm guessing there's a minimal level required for hard and above?

Is there an M14 in this game?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Thatcher is actually really good in a huge majority of situations, it's just that when those don't happen his gadget is mostly useless. He wipes out Mute, Bandit, Jager, and Kapkan's gadgets and I see one or two of those guys in almost every match. People laughing at a Thatch pick seem like they're focusing only on the games where you don't need him, rather than the really large number where you do.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Draxion posted:

Thatcher is actually really good in a huge majority of situations, it's just that when those don't happen his gadget is mostly useless. He wipes out Mute, Bandit, Jager, and Kapkan's gadgets and I see one or two of those guys in almost every match. People laughing at a Thatch pick seem like they're focusing only on the games where you don't need him, rather than the really large number where you do.

Yeah, I think he gets a lot of poo poo as his gadget is a purely utility-based one (unlike Ash, Sledge, Thermite, etc.) and, unlike IQ, not only is his gadget is limited in quantity, his rifles are also pretty 'meh' overall. (At least, in my experience they are. The L85 is alright, however his other rifle has a bad damage drop-off over distance from memory, unless they fixed that)

He's very useful though; especially in situations like the top room in Favela, where you can just drop some EMP charges on the roof around the walls, and take out all of the jammers, etc that are inside. Which then leaves the defenders completely exposed to Thermite, Hibana and Fuze. Pretty under-rated operator overall, I think. (Just as long as you remember to EMP the outside of walls Jager has his gadgets near! I've seen far too many Thatchers keep throwing their EMP charges into the objective room over and over, only to have see them be destroyed :v: )

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Draxion posted:

The problem is that for him to be useful you have to have someone else pick Thermite or Hibana then actually breach a wall after you emp it. In solo queue games that isn't likely to happen.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

CJ posted:

The problem is that for him to be useful you have to have someone else pick Thermite or Hibana then actually breach a wall after you emp it. In solo queue games that isn't likely to happen.

Don't ever solo queue.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Thatcher can still click people's heads, and also his use isn't limited to opening up poo poo for thermite/hibana, you can use him to clear things like Jager's gadget through walls so your fuze can get poo poo done or so that grenades can go back to being useful.

Or when there's no jager poo poo up you can clear out everything that isn't a welcome mat.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Don't ever solo queue.

if you read his bio you'll see the grand comedy in solo Thatcher queing

even though people think of him as purely a support class he is a very good operator to take initiative with and tell inexperienced thermites/fuzes where to go

swims
May 5, 2014

Thanks guys but no one is answering the main question: is there an M14 in this game? If not, why; if yes, who?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

swims posted:

Thanks guys but no one is answering the main question: is there an M14 in this game? If not, why; if yes, who?

No there isn't, unfortunately. As for the why, well, you'll need to ask Hard that, I'm afraid! :v:

swims
May 5, 2014

Hard, please explain this.

E: is there atleast a G3?

swims fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 8, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

swims posted:

No but there's a 33, so kinda.

(It's very bad.)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

swims posted:

IQ has an LMG version called the G8A1.

swims
May 5, 2014

Yeah that's the gun I use use with IQ but I hate the drum mag aesthetic.

Thatcher has the 33 and I use that with 2 burst but was hoping there was a legit maxed out heavy G3.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Either Capitao or Buck has the FN FAL as a gun. That's almost a g3?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

swims posted:

Yeah that's the gun I use use with IQ but I hate the drum mag aesthetic.

Thatcher has the 33 and I use that with 2 burst but was hoping there was a legit maxed out heavy G3.

Twitch has the HK 417, which I guess is sort of an updated G3. Buck has the CAMRS, which is a souped-up FN FAL. No idea whether either of those are any good though, they're locked to semi-auto so I haven't really given them a try yet because my aim is too garbage to deal with that. :shrug:

Also, count me in for the AR33 users, because gently caress the L85 on general principle. :colbert:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Hey haaaard! Where the new ops at?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:yum:

i didn't even know this was a thing until today. googling it turned up an album with a bunch of potential charms that you can't buy anymore but will be in packs apparently:

http://imgur.com/a/MxP53

they had dice, a black cat and even a pizza slice!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I like that alpha packs have stuff unavailable in the store. Kind of makes it a surprise when you get it! And I like surprises!

That cupcake charm is excellent. And it fits your smg-11 skin lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
A Panzer 4 and a Sherman, oh my.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
GUUUUUNS:fh:

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hey haaaard! Where the new ops at?

Heeeeeh you'll know when it's time cmon. (shouldn't be THAT long)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hard plz add Slappers Only, and Facility to the game

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hard plz add Slappers Only, and Facility to the game

no Ash.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298309-16/operation-health-update-222-patch-notes

FIXED – Laser sights reduce the pellet spread of Shotguns.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/...222-patch-notes posted:

HONG KONG OPERATOR REVEALED:

DAZZLER - Can equip next-level experimental tactical laser attatchment that has a toggle off button. Field testing before issued to other operatives.
Oh, also she can point it in ppls eyes and annoy them like in 24/7 BF3 Metro TDM

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Anyone still playing this on PC?
My Uplay is Hexenritter_ and I'd rather not hear random fuckwits ranting about niggers and dagoes ruining America on voice every five seconds and TKing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

Anyone still playing this on PC?
My Uplay is Hexenritter_ and I'd rather not hear random fuckwits ranting about niggers and dagoes ruining America on voice every five seconds and TKing.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 9, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:laffo: wow

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 12, 2017

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah. Worst part was we actually had a PoC on our team at the time.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Yeah. Worst part was we actually had a PoC on our team at the time.

That had to feel kind of lovely for the PoC coming from a dev.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

meanwhile siege has like the single most diverse cast of characters in any military videogame

the devs are using tactical gender equality

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thief posted:

:yum:

i didn't even know this was a thing until today. googling it turned up an album with a bunch of potential charms that you can't buy anymore but will be in packs apparently:

http://imgur.com/a/MxP53

they had dice, a black cat and even a pizza slice!

I want all of these charms. The cosmetics in Siege are awesome but soooooo much grinding to unlock them.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

grinding for cosmetic stuff is cool in multiplayer games cause in a game like this is shows you kinda which operators they favor if they're only low-mid level or if they have a sense of humor and can put a mask on that will be an eyesore in a ranked game

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thief posted:

meanwhile siege has like the single most diverse cast of characters in any military videogame

the devs are using tactical gender equality

We play a bunch of the same games, how are you not on my friends lists yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

We play a bunch of the same games, how are you not on my friends lists yet

idk bro, get at me on steam or in discord!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BreakSet

• Locked thread