Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
won a duo today, I'm getting tired of all this winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

Is there a reason to do the hold-down method?

Got some chicken dinner proning in a field and tearing apart people that had no idea we were there. Entering first person would have yielded just a bunch of grass.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialLivelyDadOSkomodo

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I really wish they added hold-to crouch instead of toggle. Similarly for ADS, somehow. I am so bad with all these toggles. Just the opposite of how I'm used to playing 1st person / 3rd person. I die so much just getting stuck in a OH GOD CROUCH I MEAN STAND I MEAN ADS PRONE OH GOD

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
This game is really good but why did they think open mic to 99 other random people was a good idea

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DBNO/revives make sniping even stronger and should be removed, because if you have enough distance to not get rushed you can just hill peak with almost a 100% chance of getting revived.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Internet Explorer posted:

I really wish they added hold-to crouch instead of toggle. Similarly for ADS, somehow. I am so bad with all these toggles. Just the opposite of how I'm used to playing 1st person / 3rd person. I die so much just getting stuck in a OH GOD CROUCH I MEAN STAND I MEAN ADS PRONE OH GOD

I'm so glad crouch is a toggle given ow much time I spend crouch-running across open spaces.

Tonetta posted:

This game is really good but why did they think open mic to 99 other random people was a good idea

I just realized last night that I had my voice set to Always On to All. So I've been yelling my location and info about the enemy to whoever had their voice chat unmuted!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm so glad crouch is a toggle given ow much time I spend crouch-running across open spaces.

Yeah, I get it. Definitely do a lot of crouching in this game. I just wish it was an option. I fully realize my brain is broken. But it's the same thing with autorun, they don't even have a key bound by default (IIRC?) yet we do a lot of running.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

DBNO/revives make sniping even stronger and should be removed, because if you have enough distance to not get rushed you can just hill peak with almost a 100% chance of getting revived.

Play solos then if it's that big of a deal.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector_666 posted:

I just realized last night that I had my voice set to Always On to All. So I've been yelling my location and info about the enemy to whoever had their voice chat unmuted!

Keep checking it. Mine keeps resetting from team only to all and I keep doing the same thing

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Yeah, I get it. Definitely do a lot of crouching in this game. I just wish it was an option. I fully realize my brain is broken. But it's the same thing with autorun, they don't even have a key bound by default (IIRC?) yet we do a lot of running.

Default keybinding is "=".

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Audax posted:

Is there any way I can rebind my mousewheel to zoom distance as opposed to weapon switch?

The settings are just.dumb.
Also whats the math on mouse sensitivity? I now quake champs is .3 x source sensitivity but I have no clue what this gane is. I'd like some consistency even if people yell at me that it's a 3rd person game.

You can use an autohotkey script for this.

code:
Settitlematchmode 3
#IfWinActive ahk_exe TslGame.exe

WheelUp::
	Send {PgUp}
	return

WheelDown::
	Send {PgDn}
	return
Compiled script if you dont want to install AHK

Breaks zooming on the map though, but holding down CTRL or Shift while mouse wheelin' fixes it.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Tonetta posted:

*turkey wobble*

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

White Noise Marine posted:

Default keybinding is "=".

Ah, okay. So basically unbound.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yeah I dunno how you would fix it but 100% DBNO is sort of lame. There should be increasing odds of being killed with each knock down or something. Or maybe headshots always kill while body shots are recoverable.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Got 2 Solo chicken dinners last night one on the Asia server (I'm in MN). I heard JoshOG talk about how the desync is less terrible on the Asian servers? It did seem like my shots were more spot on vs odd misses on the NA servers which is confusing to me but whatever.

I usually dont mind tall grass stuff, one of the kills towards the end of my first win was thanks to UMP suppressed wheat spam. Everyone's at a disadvantage, I saw Chappie streaming talking about removing shadows from the landscape which I'm not stoked on as an option one way or the other. Stuff like that should be linear across the all users.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentAcceptableKittenAMPTropPunch

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yeah I dunno how you would fix it but 100% DBNO is sort of lame. There should be increasing odds of being killed with each knock down or something. Or maybe headshots always kill while body shots are recoverable.

On your fourth down you basically instantly die so it's a moot point. The bleedout is faster each time you get downed.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Rex-Goliath posted:

I think getting rid of it would be just fine. Actually it would probably help with the insane amount of people still alive in the third and fourth circles.

If you have to keep it, lower DBNO HP and increase bleed out speed to make reviving super dangerous.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Tonetta posted:

The cacophony of toilets flushing, stoned dudes mumbling, China NUMBAH WAN and 12 year olds yelling slurs is a integral part of the PUBG experience.

When I actually land I never hear anyone talk though. I even try to spook people and talk through walls but they never respond... :smith:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Twist And Pout! posted:

The cacophony of toilets flushing, stoned dudes mumbling, China NUMBAH WAN and 12 year olds yelling slurs is a integral part of the PUBG experience.

When I actually land I never hear anyone talk though. I even try to spook people and talk through walls but they never respond... :smith:

A guy was singing why can't we be friends as he ran at me with a pan before I shot him in the face.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

uPen posted:

A guy was singing why can't we be friends as he ran at me with a pan before I shot him in the face.

new thread title

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Ah, okay. So basically unbound.

Oh yeah I quickly rebound mine to mouse 5, but knowing its default binding should help people find it in the menu faster

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Keep checking it. Mine keeps resetting from team only to all and I keep doing the same thing

When it comes to the in game VOIP, the difference between team only and all isn't who can hear you, but who you hear. Everyone else can hear you if they have their voip set to all.

Moral of the story: Use discord, set in game voice to all with push to talk, easily find hear people foolish enough to use the in-game voip. (Bonus points for the suckers with always on going and loud clicky keyboards)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Deviant posted:

new thread title

uPen posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - A guy was singing why can't we be friends as he ran at me with a pan before I shot him in the face.

Agreed.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ControlledBurn posted:

When it comes to the in game VOIP, the difference between team only and all isn't who can hear you, but who you hear. Everyone else can hear you if they have their voip set to all.

Moral of the story: Use discord, set in game voice to all with push to talk, easily find hear people foolish enough to use the in-game voip. (Bonus points for the suckers with always on going and loud clicky keyboards)

I've seen people say this, but when you're in game you can hear people talking to other people who don't have team only set and not hear their team mates so I'm not 100% certain thats true.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Twist And Pout! posted:

In the lobby I once ran into a guy playing the Cha Cha slide with a good number of people following along. I enjoyed that so I unmute very temporarily till I start hearing the default racism and insanely loud shouting.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

uPen posted:

we have a guy in my squad that has a library of music on call when we are being silly

you don't know fun until you drop next to another squad and start throwing hands while this plays

running to a distant circle? we got you

it's caused us to be killed before but if another squad is hiding in a house and they hear stuff like this outside and a bunch of nerds yelling at them I think it has a great psychological effect

titanium posted:

In the lobby I once ran into a guy playing the Cha Cha slide with a good number of people following along. I enjoyed that so I unmute very temporarily till I start hearing the default racism and insanely loud shouting.

in squad? if so that was us

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

BRAZIL IS NUMBER ONE. BRAZIL IS NUMBER ONE. BRAZIL IS NUMBER ONE.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
loving Big Slick Daddy DrDisrespect is streaming now boyz

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

VikingSkull posted:

in squad? if so that was us

Possibly? In any case its an appreciated break from the typical idiot poo poo so thank you for your service.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

titanium posted:

Possibly? In any case its an appreciated break from the typical idiot poo poo so thank you for your service.

just be thankful it wasn't Whitesnake or some other terrible 80's music I convince him to play

e- I was sad last week, I had him play the old All Your Base remix and like three people said "what the gently caress is this garbage", I felt old as gently caress

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Tonetta posted:

How else is the "I'm a snake, follow me" guy that shows up in every pre-game lobby supposed to get his snake train going?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Twist And Pout! posted:

China numba 2, TAIWAN NUMBA ONE

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Deviant posted:

new thread title

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Open voice chat is key for yelling at people when the rest of my squad dies and my tactics for engagement shift to "suicidal"

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Your squad can pretty faithfully reenact that Zoolander scene by grabbing a uaz without any top and then drive around with one person playing "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", and all passengers holding right mouse and constantly switching between weapons so it looks like they're all jamming to the tune.

Extra points if you can drive into an ambush and die in a giant explosion but that requires a high level of commitment to the gag

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
My in game voice has never worked, despite fiddling with the sound settings to the best of my abilities. Works fine in all other games/programs. Anyone have this issue? I've tried pressing ctrl-T and it says muted/unmuted but seems to have no results.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

willroc7 posted:

My in game voice has never worked, despite fiddling with the sound settings to the best of my abilities. Works fine in all other games/programs. Anyone have this issue? I've tried pressing ctrl-T and it says muted/unmuted but seems to have no results.

are you pushing T to actually talk?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The best thing to do is mute in the lobby, unmute on landing. I don't really mind most of the voice spam in the lobby, but there's a split second when you get moved to the plane where the voice chat increases in volume like 1000% and I don't want tinnitus.

Once you're in the game, you really want it unmuted for those people who don't know they're broadcasting every single squad tactic for all to hear, but more importantly for the delicious salt when you kill someone. People get SO MAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Bardeh posted:

The best thing to do is mute in the lobby, unmute on landing. I don't really mind most of the voice spam in the lobby, but there's a split second when you get moved to the plane where the voice chat increases in volume like 1000% and I don't want tinnitus.

Once you're in the game, you really want it unmuted for those people who don't know they're broadcasting every single squad tactic for all to hear, but more importantly for the delicious salt when you kill someone. People get SO MAD

My favorite use of voice is listening to my random duo partner give horrible advice and get killed after 10 minutes.

• Locked thread