Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

That is neither funny nor a picture.

e: here's some old content from the OSHA thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The best Star Trek is Galaxy Quest.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Breetai posted:

The best Star Trek is Galaxy Quest.

Third best

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
https://youtu.be/M_ZRsf9sneQ

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who thinks neelix was a pedophile for banging a person from a race that only lives 9 years is either too dumb or too engrossed with their own ethnocentrism to enjoy the show.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Crossposting this hero

https://twitter.com/TSSteinbacher/s...agenumber%3D781

https://twitter.com/TSSteinbacher/status/1142146830312099841

https://twitter.com/TSSteinbacher/status/1142147965861158912

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kharmakazy posted:

Anyone who thinks neelix was a pedophile for banging a person from a race that only lives 9 years is either too dumb or too engrossed with their own ethnocentrism to enjoy the show.

"Have you considered that you're racist for judging someone with a child bride?"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Kharmakazy posted:

You don't watch Voyager to "enjoy" it. No one enjoys Voyager. You watch it to mock it.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MizPiz posted:

"Have you considered that you're racist for judging someone with a child bride?"

Apples and oranges. Over 20% of her natural life span had already passed. That's like saying all dogs are pedophiles, they don't have the same biology as you.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Kharmakazy posted:

Apples and oranges. Over 20% of her natural life span had already passed. That's like saying all dogs are pedophiles, they don't have the same biology as you.

You shouldn't gently caress dogs.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

:dehumanize:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kharmakazy posted:

So this is the hill you're gonna die on, huh?

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Kharmakazy posted:

Miss me with this trash rear end poo poo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kharmakazy posted:

Hal Jordan account spotted.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's not even like we are dealing with some anime type "she looks 11 but she's actually 900!" poo poo. She was an adult member of her species. If you try and use this strained logic then banging a wrinkly 9 year old ocampa on their death bed as they prepare to die from old age would still be pedophilia.

I guess any time Marvel's Thor bangs a human lady it's because he's a pedophile. The fact that he lives way longer than humans doesn't make banging an adult female of a shorter lived species into pedophilia.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

have you considered that banging a member of a species whose natural lifespan is a tiny fraction of yours is super loving weird and the idea of a fictional alien race that only lives for 9 years is absolutely bonkers

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

:ohno:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/s9vD6eL.gifv

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
There would probably be more space for this discussion if there were a sapient, shorter lived species with which we had contact and trade and cultural exchange, because at least then the philosophical and moral ramifications of loving a 2 year old adult would be relevant to anyone's life, but there isn't, so it's a really weird choice of hill to die on.

Also it's not a funny picture

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
https://giphy.com/gifs/voyager-headache-migrane-lOP3SiUdqp78I7lSLF

anonumos has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Jun 22, 2019

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

have you considered that banging a member of a species whose natural lifespan is a tiny fraction of yours is super loving weird and the idea of a fictional alien race that only lives for 9 years is absolutely bonkers

9 is no more bonkers than 90, you're just familiar with 90 so it seems normal. It's arbitrary.

If you shift the scale in the other direction you get pairings like humans who live to be 100 tops banging vampires who could be over a thousand. Nobody is posted up yelling that Dracula is a pedo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

And only give birth once in their life, somehow.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Kharmakazy posted:

9 is no more bonkers than 90, you're just familiar with 90 so it seems normal. It's arbitrary.

If you shift the scale in the other direction you get pairings like humans who live to be 100 tops banging vampires who could be over a thousand. Nobody is posted up yelling that Dracula is a pedo.

I'm glad you've at least abandoned your dog sex argument

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Kharmakazy posted:

Nobody is posted up yelling that Dracula is a pedo.

If he doesn't gently caress a 9 year old, he isn't.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kharmakazy posted:

Nobody is posted up yelling that Dracula is a pedo.

Probably guaranteed Dracula is a pedo.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
star trek fandom is full of pedos, c/d

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I thought the Thor argument made pretty good sense. Even though he's a thousand years old it's not like he's more mature than Natalie Portman's character. I always thought she was too smart for him.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Pull up thread!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Me having started this derail:

-------------------

CONTENT

CONTENT

CONTENT

CONTENT

CONTENT

CONTENT

CONTENT

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Perhaps the real pedophiles are the show writers who created a fictional species that is sexually mature at 2 years old, and then said "yeah let's have the creepy rat guy gently caress that".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If y'all are gonna keep dragging on a quarter-century old topic, can you at least post a pic every time?

CONTENT

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bookkeeper posted:

I noticed how much copy-pasting is going on in those three panels of Wolverine and now I can't stop looking at it.

Gotta make those deadlines somehow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kharmakazy posted:

Lol, no. The show starts VERY EXPLICITLY implying a direct age ratio of 1 year for Ocampans == ten years of regular physical development about a season or two in.

Also Voyager is utter trash. There's no continuity because Rick Berman mandated it that way for sweet sweet syndication purposes (the audience would get confused seeing an episode in a vacuum!!). The acting's pathetically wooden and unemotive across the board save for the Doctor, Seven, or the guest star of the week. The Starfleet vs Marquis dynamic is also put to bed by episode 3 because of the reason above. And the scriptwriting almost never gets above tepid dead cliches. Or, in some cases, ripping off its own older episode plots nigh-verbatim.

It is a bad show.

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Jun 22, 2019

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just popping in to say dogs are pedos. Thx goodbye

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lol, no. The show starts VERY EXPLICITLY implying a direct age ratio of 1 year for Ocampans == ten years of regular physical development about a season or two in.

Also Voyager is utter trash. There's no continuity because Rick Berman mandated it that way for sweet sweet syndication purposes (the audience would get confused seeing an episode in a vacuum!!). The acting's pathetically wooden and unemotive across the board save for the Doctor, Seven, or the guest star of the week. The Starfleet vs Marquis dynamic is also put to bed by episode 3 because of the reason above. And the scriptwriting almost never gets above tepid dead cliches. Or, in some cases, ripping off its own older episode plots nigh-verbatim.

It is a bad show.

It IS a bad show.

Berman would make the actors be dull and wooden to make the guest alien of the week stand out.
Mulgrew played Janeway as a meglomaniac. The guy that played Chakotay would keep demanding raises and then all this weird poo poo in order to try and get taken off the show.
That's where the werid romance subplot with Seven of Nine came from. He thought for sure that would get him cut, but they just kept caving in to whatever he asked.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
I started with Voyager and I loving loved it. I tried to watch TNG next and couldn’t get into it or any of the other Star Wars.

Janeway for life.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

Mulgrew played Janeway as a meglomaniac.

I think she said she played Janeway as bipolar because she read the scripts and realized it was the only explanation for her character.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

winterwerefox posted:

Neelix was 100% a pedophile sex offender. Gets insanely jealous that Kes might talk to others, was more or less grooming her. thne, spends all his time with Naomi Wildman, once Kes is off the show. Then, leaves the ship to be with his own people.. and a 5 year old boy that took his fancy.

Sounds like a star trek fan's fiction self insert

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wasn't Voyager the one with a Native American character written by someone who was pretending to be Native but had utterly no idea about anything to do with any Native cultures?

EDIT: Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sounds like a star trek fan's fiction self insert

There’s a reason the Venn diagram of Star Trek fans and Libertarians is almost a single circle.