Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
outrage culture is loving insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I seriously doubt that people that use "trap" in that fashion are professional wrestlers, or even people that leave their home

It wouldnt even make sense to call Sonny that

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

quote isn't edit

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The community who uses trap as a slur is more like the people who go to Thailand for sex right? I don’t think that’s common at all. And like Low Desert Punk said that doesn’t even make sense in the context of Sonny Kiss.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

The community who uses trap as a slur is more like the people who go to Thailand for sex right? I don’t think that’s common at all. And like Low Desert Punk said that doesn’t even make sense in the context of Sonny Kiss.

The community who uses trap are more really weird internet "incel" shut ins than sex tourists.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was gonna say that's the kinda thing that's just overblown but maybe people could've thought about the context a bit more to avoid this type of situation...then I realized yeah, what the gently caress, that doesn't even apply to Sonny.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
It's being made into something it's not, Drew apologized and the author still isn't happy. It's almost like the point is to be outraged. Also the article faults Beyond for Sonny being a gay panic character when Sonny... just wrestled a normal Sonny match? Sounds homophobic!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
every men’s wrestling match is really gay, as it should be

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

outrage over perceived insults to sonny kiss is just a marketable thing right now

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Nah not really

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Imagine spending so much time online you know this meaning for "trap" but somehow also have never seen an Admiral Ackbar meme.

I'd never heard of this meaning of trap before.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Cory Lidle posted:

It's being made into something it's not, Drew apologized and the author still isn't happy. It's almost like the point is to be outraged.
Is there a Henry reply I missed?

But yeah, I had never heard of the whole "Are traps gay?" meme/"trap" as a slur, either, until I watched the Contrapoints video a few months ago. And I had not heard it used or referenced since until this dust-up. It's not something that people are going to organically hear outside of the chan bubble and reporters etc. who cover the extremism beat.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think people are really attacking joey janela because he has no rear end and this is all a smokescreen

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

i think people are really attacking joey janela because he has no rear end and this is all a smokescreen

This will be the driving force in Janela's first AEW TV feud against Sonny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kingofkingsport/status/1147320723989553153

The house of famous Tennessee wrestler Ron Wright (wrestled with his brother Don Wright, they were both really good to their community; Ron died a couple of years ago) burned down days ago. Friends of the family started a Gofundme on July 4

They met their goal last night when Jon Moxley donated five grand https://www.gofundme.com/f/qwhfu-help-sandy-and-her-family

https://twitter.com/kingofkingsport/status/1147715427025465344

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
im sure Seth Rollins donated some of his vast fortune as well, since he's the better man

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Moxley is good.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
He took his ball & gave it to the children.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats really cool

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

good by name and good by nature

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hahahha Rollins keeps getting owned by Mox being a legit good person

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

brian posted:

i mean it was a literal trap (the segment) and i don't think the term trap is anywhere close to common parlance that you can assume everyone knows it's a slur so this all seems a bit insanely harsh on a dude who's typically been good on social issues

He has?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

He's openly told chud fans on Twitter to kick rocks if they don't like him feeling that way

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1147950675814494208?s=19

Ah good she's turned on twitter cos her BF is an idiot.

Grand

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
She's pissed off because she got no votes in the wrestler of the month poll.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ahahaha becky loving sucks

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/kingofkingsport/status/1147320723989553153

The house of famous Tennessee wrestler Ron Wright (wrestled with his brother Don Wright, they were both really good to their community; Ron died a couple of years ago) burned down days ago. Friends of the family started a Gofundme on July 4

They met their goal last night when Jon Moxley donated five grand https://www.gofundme.com/f/qwhfu-help-sandy-and-her-family

https://twitter.com/kingofkingsport/status/1147715427025465344

Much love to CJ2 for PMing me about this but for a second I got confused as gently caress and saw the names Ron and Don, wrestling family, Tennessee, and thought it was the Harrises for a second and was like Mox noooooo

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wrestling has now proven that talent isn't sexually transmitted, but being a douche very well might be.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can’t believe Becky’s dating that lunkhead

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WWE burning off all the hype and good will Becky had last year is nothing short of amazing.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

love that Becky is so loyal to the company that debuted her as an Irish stereotype and made her kiss a 70 year old man live on PPV

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
WWE is as good at removing peoples overness as AEW is at getting people over.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
becky and seth are cancelled adam cole babayyyy and mdm britt baker are whats hot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jonathan and renee good

colby and rebecca bad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
no wonder Seth's parents put him up for adoption

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One of my favorite dumb wrestling stories is that when he was a backyard wrestler, Seth's name was GOD (pretty sure his finisher in ROH was called God's Last Gift).

Kevin Steen told this story on his show and found it to be really funny. He is correct.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

Goddamn dude.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Drew McIntyre posted:

Not cool.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

DoctorGonzo posted:

becky and seth are cancelled adam cole babayyyy and mdm britt baker are whats hot

I wouldn’t put any faith in Adam Cole, the guys an outrageous serial liar, who knows what he’s up to.

He claims he’s 6 feet tall FFS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Drew McIntyre posted:

:drat: