Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
He's vaugley heard about it and does 4chan occasionally. He said he grew up on the internet and I felt I had to fact check him a bit

We're cool it's all in good fun but I am slaughtering him in Pokemon progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ruby Gloom posted:

i have never seen kids in the hall is this a thing i should watch yes/no/vin diesel

It's funny and considered a comedy baseline but imo it suffers from rose tinted glasses because for an entire generation that was simply what was on mid afternoon on comedy central all. The. Time.

It was mid day sketch comedy that EVERYONE saw and so got the references to.

If you've never seen it and just started watching it because you've heard 'oh wow it's so great'? I don't think you'd 'get it' as much as the people who just saw it a million times because what the hell else are you gonna watch

People will jump all over me for that but if they search their heart they will know it to be true

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

now i think about it, i might have seen a few episodes, there's a good chance it was on a random satellite channel in the 90s like paramount or something

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

It's funny and considered a comedy baseline but imo it suffers from rose tinted glasses because for an entire generation that was simply what was on mid afternoon on comedy central all. The. Time.

If you've never seen it and just started watching it because you've heard 'oh wow it's so great'? I don't think you'd 'get it' as much as the people who just saw it a million times because what the hell else are you gonna watch

People will jump all over me for that but if they search their heart they will know it to be true

You are correct

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

who wants to grt hooked on heroin with me???

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

hell yeah!!!

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

i'm scared of needles can i smoke it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/sidvicious_____/status/1528455949807235072?s=21&t=ASJKq0JDHUCySP-oXGjzug

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

You better not

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Freebasing Goku pants

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Treecko posted:

Freebasing Goku pants

I'd assume they were a suppository

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

precious memories of little moments and inside jokes that make strangers into friends from across the digital divide.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

precious memories of little moments and inside jokes that make strangers into friends from across the digital divide.

The 5000 Page Thread: What If We Kissed Under The Goku Pants

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ruby Gloom posted:

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

I think that’s a euphemism :quagmire:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Big Beef City posted:

I think kids in the hall is ok, generally more amusing than hilarious with an occasional bit of greatness

that does put it in the upper tiers of sketch comedy shows though

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

So I am watching the new KITH now, and it's pretty good. It certainly feels the same as the original series. And of course the theme song still absolutely loving slaps.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

This is accurate, I agree. The new season is more of the same with less slurs and more weird humor, overall really good if you enjoy KITH

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
For the record, it's F-slurs and it's generally used as commentary against the very heavily anti-gay sentiments of the 90s. It was pretty big factor in helping me understand that non-straight people are pretty much the same as me, considering I grew up in a very white town w/o a lot of gay people

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also made a ton of progress on Rogue Legacy 2 and that game owns owns owns!!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I prefer Kicks in the Balls

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I prefer Kicks in the Balls

Late 90s Fox was wild man

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

You’re not wrong, but I think this is true of everything on TV. It’s an inherently perishable medium. Imagine trying to watch The Honeymooners or Hill Street Blues in 2022.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Are there any games that are a strategy RPG with like base building and/or roguelite stuff with it? I have an itch to play a strategy RPG like FFT but want something different than normal

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bagmonkey posted:

Are there any games that are a strategy RPG with like base building and/or roguelite stuff with it? I have an itch to play a strategy RPG like FFT but want something different than normal

have you played into the breach?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bagmonkey posted:

XCOM??????????????????

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Literally A Person posted:

XCOM??????????????????

Pouring one out for all the valiant 1,000 Page Thread soldiers who gave their lives to defeat the alien menace in 2021. :rip:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bagmonkey posted:

I mean it is an RPG with platforming elements like Mario RPG, but Crystal Project (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1637730/Crystal_Project/) is getting good reviews.

Personally I am waiting for more information about Voxel Tactics (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1408580/Voxel_Tactics/)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagmonkey posted:

Battletech

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

XCOM??????????????????

Holy gently caress I just remembered, aren't there loot mods for X-COM 2?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

I mean it is an RPG with platforming elements like Mario RPG, but Crystal Project (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1637730/Crystal_Project/) is getting good reviews.

Personally I am waiting for more information about Voxel Tactics (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1408580/Voxel_Tactics/)

both added thx

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gonna play Gedonia I think cuz why not

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bagmonkey posted:

Holy gently caress I just remembered, aren't there loot mods for X-COM 2?

I have yet to dip into the XCOM mods. I am vanilla af.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
MPP would be so ashamed of me.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MPP would be so ashamed of me.

I actually don't mod XCOM 2 for gameplay except for one change to how critical hit rolls work (they make no sense otherwise). Other than that it's a few UI upgrades and of course my own weird and wondrous array of cosmetics and voices!

https://i.imgur.com/YOYUUQC.mp4

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/sidvicious_____/status/1528565773031161866?s=21&t=m_kKV7maXsDa1-LIMoNQWg

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
xcum

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

legend

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ah, my server hardware arrived at work. Time to start stacking 16TB drives like they were bricks.
:science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

:hmmyes: