Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Snacksmaniac posted:

Black series has to be like half off for me to even get a really wanted character. I am one Mando fig short of a full credit collection. Bought most on clearance as I’m the only one that likes em.
For a large part, "on clearance" is how I buy Black Series. If they were $20, I'd likely just buy them without doing that dance.

I watched part of a video about reaction to Hasbro layoffs with a former employee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyV9gzgcbEQ
It sounds like a big problem with the company, is that much of what goes on there is outsourced.

Even if it's not true, hearing pretty that put much my head into focus into how Hasbro has been operating the Star Wars line for the past 10 years. For every amazing figure like the new R2-D2, you have several ridiculous releases like the out of scaled Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati and packing 3PO on a battle droid head with a super battle droid instead of a battle droid's head on 3POs body, like in the movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cheesus posted:

Even if it's not true, hearing pretty that put much my head into focus into how Hasbro has been operating the Star Wars line for the past 10 years. For every amazing figure like the new R2-D2, you have several ridiculous releases like the out of scaled Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati and packing 3PO on a battle droid head with a super battle droid instead of a battle droid's head on 3POs body, like in the movie?

Yeah, it's all stupid. Their recent release of the Magma Droid, which I was really anticipating, is made with such soft plastic that it literally can't support its own weight without the legs bending.

The two pack of the C3PO and Super Battle Droid is dumb, because if they had included a Battle Droid head to swap onto the body it would've been a great army builder, but as it is people will only buy one, if any, and wait for an individual release of the SBD.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
More Kenner Ghostbusters re-releases incoming:

https://toynewsi.com/278-50934

That Peter was one of my faves as a kid and I'm super jazzed they're re-releasing him and the others.

Now do the GITD ones, you cowards.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Will they pre-break Egon’s tie?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

The_Doctor posted:

Will they pre-break Egon’s tie?

That'll be the chase variant.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
'tis the season to be Bah Humbug, so I picked up a Grumpy Old Man to be the Waldorf to my Statler.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Shiftypenguin posted:

More Kenner Ghostbusters re-releases incoming:

https://toynewsi.com/278-50934

That Peter was one of my faves as a kid and I'm super jazzed they're re-releasing him and the others.

Now do the GITD ones, you cowards.

drat, that's cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got the replacement Boba body today.

It appears what they do is remove is from the box as packaged, pop the head off, and send that. Not bad at all, I just have to swap on the head and jetpack and he's good to go.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

'tis the season to be Bah Humbug, so I picked up a Grumpy Old Man to be the Waldorf to my Statler.

That rules! Controversial opinion, but I love grumpy old Luke and I thought Mark Hamill did a career best performance in that movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Same. It’s my third favorite star war

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Can anyone tell me if Kaiyodo Revoltech C-3PO scales well with Black Series? That guy is pretty cheap on BBTS right now and sure looks a lot better than Hasbro's attempt. I got Black Series R2-D2 recently and he needs his buddy, but I'm hoping they wouldn't be wildly out of proportion.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Can anyone tell me if Kaiyodo Revoltech C-3PO scales well with Black Series? That guy is pretty cheap on BBTS right now and sure looks a lot better than Hasbro's attempt. I got Black Series R2-D2 recently and he needs his buddy, but I'm hoping they wouldn't be wildly out of proportion.
I bought this one a while back for the same reason and it fits in great with the other Black Series Figures. I also got the Revoltech R2-D2 around the same time because it was properly scaled with the Black Series figures while the original Black Series R2 was too small, though I think that scaling issue was corrected with the more recent Black Series R2 releases.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That rules! Controversial opinion, but I love grumpy old Luke and I thought Mark Hamill did a career best performance in that movie.

And if nothing else, it's just a really nice look for him. The head sculpt is kinda amazing, maybe the best Bandai have ever done, and I love the texturing on his top. It's bizarre how much they nailed the face compared to their Crait version, which doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Peyote Panda posted:

I bought this one a while back for the same reason and it fits in great with the other Black Series Figures. I also got the Revoltech R2-D2 around the same time because it was properly scaled with the Black Series figures while the original Black Series R2 was too small, though I think that scaling issue was corrected with the more recent Black Series R2 releases.

Thanks for the confirmation. I put in an order for one. He looks like a total DILF! (droid I'm looking for)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

CelticPredator posted:

Same. It’s my third favorite star war

:agreed:

It pisses me off that that’s a controversial opinion at all. The movie rules.

Also Crait Luke is the definitive older Luke look for me. I just love the cut of his tunic, the brown boots, the textured cloak, etc.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
Anyone else picked up the Hiss Fireteam? Overall a nice repaint hampered by the gummy weapons.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The Ahch To Luke does indeed have the best Luke headsculpt ever.

His Crait look is also his coolest. I popped the Ahch To head off and swapped it onto the Crait body and it’s my definitive older Luke figure. Of course, I had to give him a spare green saber. gently caress the blue.

And yes, The Last Jedi is wonderful, especially the Luke stuff.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember but did they ever mention what happened to his green saber?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He had it still, some additional canon stuff says the caretakers on Ahch To took it and his other remaining possessions into safekeeping when he died.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nanigans posted:

The Ahch To Luke does indeed have the best Luke headsculpt ever.

His Crait look is also his coolest. I popped the Ahch To head off and swapped it onto the Crait body and it’s my definitive older Luke figure.

Oooh, it fits on fine? I might pick up a Crait one then if I find one on sale.

Also thinking about getting the Solo Chewie and swapping out the accessories with a cheapo Black Series version I’ve found, beats paying the nutso prices ANH Chewie’s going for…

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I got a White Consuls Bladeguard Veteran. It's pretty fantastic. Here he is next to the older Ultramarines Bladeguard Veteran, and they've made a bunch of small improvements. The arm articulation is much better, the proportions are better, and the shield holding hand is nowhere near as tight. You'll notice I don't have the Ultramarine holding the shield, that's because I got tired of trying to pry open the hand to get the shield in. No problem with the White Consul.

I think I might end up with a whole Sentai of these guys

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Really nice, Gripweed. Watched a D Amazing vid the other week on some ginormous dude who’s part of the line but just ridiculously bigger than the rest of them, looked impressive albeit absurd with his wee head poking out from it all and those (comparatively little) dudes around him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sentinel Red posted:

Really nice, Gripweed. Watched a D Amazing vid the other week on some ginormous dude who’s part of the line but just ridiculously bigger than the rest of them, looked impressive albeit absurd with his wee head poking out from it all and those (comparatively little) dudes around him.

was it Lion El'Jonson?

yeah, he's a Primarch, one of the Emperor's sons. They're like ten feet tall.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sentinel Red posted:

Oooh, it fits on fine? I might pick up a Crait one then if I find one on sale.

Yup. The neck pegs are exactly the same size. I’ll try to snap a pic when I get a chance.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gripweed posted:

was it Lion El'Jonson?

yeah, he's a Primarch, one of the Emperor's sons. They're like ten feet tall.

Nah, it was this crazy dude:

How's he go to the bathroom in all that poo poo, etc.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Nah, it was this crazy dude:

How's he go to the bathroom in all that poo poo, etc.

I believe they’re welded into the suits, so he really just goes whenever he needs to

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sanschel posted:

I believe they’re welded into the suits, so he really just goes whenever he needs to

OK, so it is technically possible for Space Marines to get into and out of their armor by themselves, but it's difficult and awkward, and will likely offend the machine spirit of their armor. So whenever possible they rely on serfs or servitors to assist them.

It's not ever stated in the lore, but considering the alterations Space Marines go through including the implantation of the Preomnor organ that lets them process food that would be inedible and toxic to humans, and the fact that they can go days without eating, I think we can assume Space Marines have extremely efficient digestive systems and produce very little waste. They're probably like sloths, making GBS threads once a week.

But Roboute Guilliman himself is a unique case. As you know, Guilliman was laid low by a blow to the neck from the poisoned blade of the Daemon Primarch Fulgrim. Guilliman laid in stasis a heartbeat from death on Ultramar for centuries until he was revived by the Xenos magic of Yvrainne and the new technology of Belisarius Cawl. The armor he is depicted in by that figure is the Armor of Fate, the suit created for him by Cawl to function not only as armor but also as a life support system. For many years after his resurrection Guilliman couldn't survive outside of that armor for more than a few moments. His superhuman physiology and force of will has healed him somewhat and he's no longer as reliant on it as he was, but considering the initial requirements I think it's safe to say that the suit was designed so Guilliman could poo poo in it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bethesda has 30% off Doom related stuff. Drops the price on the doomguy to about 175, free shipping if you are patient, about :20bux: if you aren't.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
End of an era. Robo isn't with Fwoosh any longer. He'll still make videos, but my Saturdays may never be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDw4B-0zH3I

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

End of an era. Robo isn't with Fwoosh any longer. He'll still make videos, but my Saturdays may never be the same.

I get what he's saying. I did the something very similar career-wise earlier in the fall and you gotta make that choice and take that leap. I hope whatever he does works out for him.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Joe Fisto posted:

Wish him nothing but the best but still :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

OK, so it is technically possible for Space Marines to get into and out of their armor by themselves, but it's difficult and awkward, and will likely offend the machine spirit of their armor. So whenever possible they rely on serfs or servitors to assist them.

It's not ever stated in the lore, but considering the alterations Space Marines go through including the implantation of the Preomnor organ that lets them process food that would be inedible and toxic to humans, and the fact that they can go days without eating, I think we can assume Space Marines have extremely efficient digestive systems and produce very little waste. They're probably like sloths, making GBS threads once a week.

But Roboute Guilliman himself is a unique case. As you know, Guilliman was laid low by a blow to the neck from the poisoned blade of the Daemon Primarch Fulgrim. Guilliman laid in stasis a heartbeat from death on Ultramar for centuries until he was revived by the Xenos magic of Yvrainne and the new technology of Belisarius Cawl. The armor he is depicted in by that figure is the Armor of Fate, the suit created for him by Cawl to function not only as armor but also as a life support system. For many years after his resurrection Guilliman couldn't survive outside of that armor for more than a few moments. His superhuman physiology and force of will has healed him somewhat and he's no longer as reliant on it as he was, but considering the initial requirements I think it's safe to say that the suit was designed so Guilliman could poo poo in it.

Yeah, same

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

While this is wild, it sounds like Robo is planning to still do Weeklies on his own channel.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

Didn't see this coming, but good on him. Sounds like he's going to be doing the exact same format on his channel, so I don't think much changes in the short term. I've got no allegiance to The Fwoosh itself, and I already follow his other channel. Guessing all that changes is the background color.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
Recent Joe haul from Hasbro Pulse and BBTS. https://imgur.com/a/RsKhCaH https://imgur.com/a/RsKhCaH

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cheap Joes! Getcha cheap Joes here!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1736373336337223709

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Finally grabbed Masterverse Slushhead from that sale. I couldn't pass him up for only $10.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Buzzer was on my list of GI Joes to probably get because he fits my "swamp weirdos" theme, but sold out by the time I saw this.

I did order several things from Target's sale though. Nothing too fascinating, but they have a ton of stuff on sale and it's worth looking!

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Was browsing Sideshow and saw mention of Honō Studio which they describe as "Exploring playful collectibles with boundless possibilities, Hot Toys presents HONŌ STUDIO, a collective of distinct artists from the toy scene and the entertainment industry worldwide." That studio's first figure appears to be a 1/6 scale Wolverine for $160.

He comes with a stand that lets you display your own comic book behind him which is a pretty awesome idea:

They've got listings for Thor and Magneto as well but no photos of those yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope they delve into something I like. They look great for the price