Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Slantedfloors posted:

He aged. Continuously. For thirty years.

It happens.

The funny thing is he looked almost that bad back when someone posted this thing.

edit: The attachment should show up eventually. :sigh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

that awful man fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

He aged better than Carrie Fisher did, at any rate. Although he probably didn't have any drugs to help him, either.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Chairman Capone posted:

He aged better than Carrie Fisher did, at any rate. Although he probably didn't have any drugs to help him, either.

He doesn't even look that bad for his age. He is just about 60. If he spent a few months in the gym I'd bet he'd be more convincing in a sequel than Harrison Ford was in Indy 4.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Casimir Radon posted:

Whiny EU fans petition Jorge over The Clone Wars, News at 11 Mostly Fandalorians probably.

"Preserving the Integrity of the Star Wars Saga"

Yeah, pretty sure they're a couple of decades too late for that.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

"Preserving the Integrity of the Star Wars Saga"

Yeah, pretty sure they're a couple of decades too late for that.

Jesus, I thought it was going to be about the movies. They're trying to preserve the integrity of the EU?? How can you preserve something that was never there?

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Greater_krayt_dragon

Okay, seriously? How in the gently caress can a 100 meter long predator survive in the loving desert? That's so loving stupid I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

Edit:

Hammerstein posted:

I was just busy poo poo-posting on the Old Republic forums, when I thought how awesome it would have been if Mace Windu had been played by Christopher Lee and Count Dokuu by Samuel Jackson.

Lee has the right air about him to play a solemn jedi master and his unusual fighting style would have added something unique to the otherwise uninteresting council of jedi masters.

And Sam Jackson is usually at his best when he can play some guy who is angry and shouts a lot. Rewrite Dookus character a bit to show some more typical "dark side" behaviour and the crappy prequels might have been a little less terrible.

Sure, the characters would fit better, but then you'd have the only Black guy in the entire prequel being the bad guy. Even George could see that would be a bad idea.

NeonTurtle fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 2, 2011

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

NeonTurtle posted:

Sure, the characters would fit better, but then you'd have the only Black guy in the entire prequel being the bad guy. Even George could see that would be a bad idea.

It didn't disturb him in Empire stikes back, when the only black guy in the galaxy betrayed his best buddy to Vader :toot:

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

It didn't disturb him in Empire stikes back, when the only black guy in the galaxy betrayed his best buddy to Vader :toot:

That was the late 70's or so. Blacks weren't as sensitive back then.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
That and Lando had no choice in the matter, so really it was a case of the white man keeping him down. Literally white, in the case of stormtroopers.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

arioch posted:

That and Lando had no choice in the matter, so really it was a case of the white man keeping him down. Literally white, in the case of stormtroopers.

Until you factor in Vader, in which case it becomes black-on-black crime.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Phylodox posted:

Until you factor in Vader, in which case it becomes black-on-black crime.

Vader's like a white guy in blackface so....

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hammerstein posted:

Lando was a hero, he had an entire city to protect!
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/billy-dees-red-letter-day.html

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

RagnarokAngel posted:

Lando was a hero, he had an entire city to protect!
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/billy-dees-red-letter-day.html
This has been my position since I watched ESB for the first time. Are there actually people who see it differently?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Slantedfloors posted:

This has been my position since I watched ESB for the first time. Are there actually people who see it differently?

The dude didn't give a gently caress either way. Look at it this way, they get killed, Han is taken away and Lando can stay and be a war profiteer selling Tibana Gas to the Empire.

It was only until AFTER Vader changes the deal that Lando decides to help.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Every single money making scheme Lando attempted failed miserably, often with ridiculous collateral damage to anyone else involved.

But he's so gangsta he had no gently caress to give. :smug:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

So when does Lucas give us Medieval Times-styled Star Wars Theme Restaurants? Lightsaber battles raging while women dressed as Dexter Jettster serve blue milk and such. Hell, I'd pay for it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Every single money making scheme Lando attempted failed miserably, often with ridiculous collateral damage to anyone else involved.

But he's so gangsta he had no gently caress to give. :smug:

This, along with Han, is what I hate most about the EU. They treat him like he's a loving carny

"So what should we have Lando do? Ah gently caress it let's have him setup another wild money making scheme...which some how becomes intricately involved with the main story!"

I'm surprised they haven't had Lando setup a traveling circus that somehow contains the key to resurrecting one of Palpatine's many clones.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well, there was Hologram fun world.

But yeah, Lando needs more love and character expansion. And not the crazy Libertarian type.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

women dressed as Dexter Jettster

You are a sick, sick man.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Ringo Star Get posted:

The dude didn't give a gently caress either way. Look at it this way, they get killed, Han is taken away and Lando can stay and be a war profiteer selling Tibana Gas to the Empire.

It was only until AFTER Vader changes the deal that Lando decides to help.
Dude, he had thousands of people who depended on him to make the right decisions. He can't just up and betray the Empire, condemning them all to a good blaster-ing, just because an old friend stopped by.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Is there a good LP for KOTOR II?
I've played the first many times but the second always bugs out on me at a particular spot.
When you have enemies on your ship it locks up and for every time that you reload it when it stops (even if you go back to a save that is over an hour old or multiple saves ago), it adds another set of enemies. I've gotten up to 5 sets. It was quite crowded.
Almost like it was reading from a file separate from the save and that was the one getting corrupted.
But nevertheless I have never seen the ending of KOTOR II.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There is actually right here.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I saw that but was really looking for a video LP.
Screenshot LPS don't really do too much for me.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Chaos Hippy posted:

Jesus, I thought it was going to be about the movies. They're trying to preserve the integrity of the EU?? How can you preserve something that was never there?
Well it had integrity for about 8 months, then Dark Empire came out. Which in the big scope of things isn't that bad, and has good art.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Personally, I'd rather the EU be entertainingly mind shattering insane than just boring.

DARK GREETINGS

GodlessCommie
Apr 4, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeanBeansShako posted:

Personally, I'd rather the EU be entertainingly mind shattering insane than just boring.

DARK GREETINGS

Chillin' at the Moffrence with my bros and robot Leia.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

GodlessCommie posted:

Chillin' at the Moffrence with my bros and robot Leia.

Word up, raise your glove of Vader high and go blind yo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

OgNar posted:

RPGs make awful video LPs since there tends to be a lot of padding with the combat and so on. I'd make an exception for this one it's really good, arguably one of the better LPs with the attention to detail.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

OgNar posted:

If you can wait a few months I think WampaLord was going to do KotORII on the back of his KotORI LP, otherwise I was thinking of giving it a go.

You'd be much better playing it yourself though. Have you installed te two official updates available on lucasarts? I had some pretty major crash problems until I got them.

If you already have those, then try hitting the Mods. The restored content mod fixes quite a few bugs, as well as restoring some of the mountain of cut content. It isn't perfect, but it works. Best of luck!

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I mentioned this a page ago, but I'm genuinely surprised no one has commented.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sola_Naberrie

Padme has a sister that hasn't been remotely touched upon in any EU material. I'm surprised no one ever did. You'd think Luke's living family would be interesting.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Mister Roboto posted:

Padme has a sister that hasn't been remotely touched upon in any EU material. I'm surprised no one ever did. You'd think Luke's living family would be interesting.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pooja_Naberrie

Her niece got a little more EU attention.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mister Roboto posted:

Until I read the behind the scenes bit there, I thought that was Claudia Black, and was actually considering renting AOTC to watch the deleted scenes just to see what a Nabooian Aeryn Sun would be like.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

SeanBeansShako posted:

Word up, raise your glove of Vader high and go blind yo.

We're already at 149 pages, so close this thread, make a new one, and use this as the subtitle.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTdWHWFHB8

Notice the female voice they gave the A-Wing pilot?

YO YOSH

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Ringo Star Get posted:

Found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTdWHWFHB8

Notice the female voice they gave the A-Wing pilot?

YO YOSH

You know, I never realized it before, but Nien Nunb is actually a really expressive puppet (even if he is a disgusting freak who should be beaten to death with a shovel).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Japanese Ackbar sounds manly as gently caress.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
I wonder if the guys that took the other path inside the Death Star ever made it to the surface :smith:

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Fledgling Gulps posted:

I wonder if the guys that took the other path inside the Death Star ever made it to the surface :smith:

If you check Wookiepedia you'll probably find they fought some kind of Death Squadron type thing inside the Death Star, with one of them discovering their latent force powers to give them an advantage and defeat the Imperials before the station exploded.

That's a joke but I'm having a hard time deciding if it really isn't true myself.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The worst part about the battle of Endor was when I heard IG-88 was in control of the DS2 during the battle. That was so unbelievably stupid that I've tried hard to wipe it from my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

Fledgling Gulps posted:

The A-wing pilot that split off was Tycho Celchu. He survived. As I recall, they split off and immediately started heading back up to the surface.