Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

This talk made me want to use IWS (only the basic modules, not the NVSE ones) because I also feel there's a certain lack of enemies in the game, but I'm afraid I'll get things like creatures spawning too close to cities and slaughtering everyone there. What's the consensus on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

VisAbsoluta posted:

This talk made me want to use IWS (only the basic modules, not the NVSE ones) because I also feel there's a certain lack of enemies in the game, but I'm afraid I'll get things like creatures spawning too close to cities and slaughtering everyone there. What's the consensus on it?

It doesnt change the spawn points, only adds more of them to each spawn sector or however it works. Mobs do wander though, and they do wander enough to where theyll start poo poo with city NPCs, although Ive never had it happen to me in I dont know how many playthroughs. I run IWS with the city guards and faction patrols and I think they really add a good little bit of flavor. Unless youre really opposed to using NVSE theres no reason to not try it out. You can always just turn em off and ditch NVSE at any time without having to worry about anything breaking.

turgon
Aug 18, 2003

I think I'm lost

VisAbsoluta posted:

I'm afraid I'll get things like creatures spawning too close to cities and slaughtering everyone there. What's the consensus on it?

IWS includes guards for settlements, they can hold their own pretty well.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just tried Underground Hideout New Vegas. Whoever was bitching about feature creep was right. Just give me a loving house and some storage areas FFS. I went in, it offered me a quest, so I figured it'd be find the owner or something. Nope, dropped me in a stupid maze with none of my items. After wandering around it for 15 minutes I decided I didn't have time for that poo poo and just reloaded and declined the quest. I went in and it offered me power management, where you have to buy materials to keep the electricity running, and make sure you didn't over use it. In my room there was a box for ammo, so I had it sort ammo, and all ammo went into the same box. Later, I found an ammo sorter in the Armory that sorted into ammo types. What's the point of having both? Definitely just gonna use Buck's Place from New Bison Steve's for now, until I find a better standalone replacement.

I highly suggest this. http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36088

I installed it last night and I'm really liking it so far. It's just a small bunker with a good bit of storage, a few pre-placed items, two radios (one for each station) and a lockable door for the spergs.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's crazy how good the Silent Six is. I made mine a .44 and I've been clearing out the interior bits of OWB with it. Well, whenever I've not got this out:

Thanks for the lever action shotgun stock, AG supplementary :clint:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

It's crazy how good the Silent Six is. I made mine a .44 and I've been clearing out the interior bits of OWB with it. Well, whenever I've not got this out:

Thanks for the lever action shotgun stock, AG supplementary :clint:

:aaa:

I haven't even found that yet. I started OWB at Level 8 and it's been my prison ever since. Don't tell me, though. I want it to be a surprise. The best thing about AG Supplementary is how polished all of the weapons are. If you didn't know any better, a lot of them would come off as vanilla uniques.

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there a way to find duplicate perks/traits, or rather same-named perks/traits, in a collection of mods that's faster than loading them up in GECK?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Black Eagle posted:

Is there a way to find duplicate perks/traits, or rather same-named perks/traits, in a collection of mods that's faster than loading them up in GECK?

This is exactly what FNVEdit does.

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Naky posted:

This is exactly what FNVEdit does.
Thank you. I don't know what the colors mean, but I found the problem I was looking for. Old World Blues has a Skilled trait. So does ST Traits and Perks.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

:aaa:

I haven't even found that yet. I started OWB at Level 8 and it's been my prison ever since. Don't tell me, though. I want it to be a surprise. The best thing about AG Supplementary is how polished all of the weapons are. If you didn't know any better, a lot of them would come off as vanilla uniques.

The only thing that I changed on it was putting the brake from Doorman into the mesh. And cloning it so I could have one in twelve gauge :q:

E:

Same stock on Doorman, with the side saddle from a Mossberg 590 mod:

It's fun mixing and matching meshes bit by bit when they fit fairly easily.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 23, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there an easy way to make a consumable that adds a perk when used? I've never even looked at scripting before.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Can anybody give me some quick suggestions on graphical enhancement mods?

I just upgraded to a very beefy system (i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GTX 480 SLI) and I'd like to play Fallout Vegas and I'm guessing I can probably handle the most resource intensive mods, etc.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Ojo Bueno Texture pack, Nevada Skies, Millenia's Weapon Retexture Project.

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Chinaman7000 posted:

Ojo Bueno Texture pack, Nevada Skies, Millenia's Weapon Retexture Project.
Also, FNV Enhanced Shaders and Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Get the 4GB exe or whatever from NVSE's site too though.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A question about the Requiem for a Capital Wasteland mod (the one that lets you play Fallout 3 in NV): how does it interact with Fallout 3 mods/DLC? Will NV mods work in the capital wasteland, or do you need to somehow juggle in older FO3 mods?

Long story short, is it worth it if I'm not interested in unmodded FO3, or should I just stick to playing FO3 in its own game?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Cheshire Cat posted:

A question about the Requiem for a Capital Wasteland mod (the one that lets you play Fallout 3 in NV): how does it interact with Fallout 3 mods/DLC? Will NV mods work in the capital wasteland, or do you need to somehow juggle in older FO3 mods?

Long story short, is it worth it if I'm not interested in unmodded FO3, or should I just stick to playing FO3 in its own game?

It generally uses the New Vegas mods, and without a few minor issues, runs great. The DLC are still being fixed up to work properly with the mod (they do work, but they "as is") with the exception of Operation Anchorage which does have a patch to make it work. Suppose to be a new version in the next day or so that adds Point Lookout support along with fixing a lot of current issues.

Plus you get fun moments like these.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Holy gently caress, I installed IWS (the core mod plus patrols, guards and civilians) and walking around the Strip resulted in some awesome battles between me and NCR Troopers vs. Fiends. I would like it more if it was a little more subtle (i.e. less enemies), but I don't know if there's any worthy alternative.

However, I see two problems with the mod: [1] I feel it breaks the balance of the game by giving me way too much items (however, this can easily be solved by refusing to loot the enemies) and [2] I'll level way too fast by killing that much people. Is there a simple mod/way to edit the amount of XP each kill gives you?

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

VisAbsoluta posted:

Holy gently caress, I installed IWS (the core mod plus patrols, guards and civilians) and walking around the Strip resulted in some awesome battles between me and NCR Troopers vs. Fiends. I would like it more if it was a little more subtle (i.e. less enemies), but I don't know if there's any worthy alternative.

However, I see two problems with the mod: [1] I feel it breaks the balance of the game by giving me way too much items (however, this can easily be solved by refusing to loot the enemies) and [2] I'll level way too fast by killing that much people. Is there a simple mod/way to edit the amount of XP each kill gives you?
Project Nevada lets you scale XP gain to your liking. It effects all XP, afaik, not just from kills.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

VisAbsoluta posted:

Holy gently caress, I installed IWS (the core mod plus patrols, guards and civilians) and walking around the Strip resulted in some awesome battles between me and NCR Troopers vs. Fiends.

If you want a little added chaos, DFB Random Encounters (brought up a page or so ago) adds F3-style encounter zones to locations throughout the Mojave. First hour I ran it I was going through Fiend Territory and all of a sudden heard a vertibird lifting off in the distance. I ran to the location and found a pitched battle between NCR, Fiends AND Enclave troopers. Maybe not exactly canon but it was super fun, and the mod also adds encounters with BoS, Vipers & Jackals, all configurable in-game. Very cool.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Phetz posted:

If you want a little added chaos, DFB Random Encounters (brought up a page or so ago) adds F3-style encounter zones to locations throughout the Mojave. First hour I ran it I was going through Fiend Territory and all of a sudden heard a vertibird lifting off in the distance. I ran to the location and found a pitched battle between NCR, Fiends AND Enclave troopers. Maybe not exactly canon but it was super fun, and the mod also adds encounters with BoS, Vipers & Jackals, all configurable in-game. Very cool.

Thanks for the recommendation! By reading the mod description, it seems like it's a lot less exaggerated than IWS, is that really the case? Because that's exactly what I'm looking for :)

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
I admittedly haven't been able to run around with it too much because I'm still trapped in Big MT (working on rectifying that tonight!) but I run it with IWS Core, Guards and Civilians. I wouldn't call Random Encounters a good replacement for IWS (don't think that's its purpose), but you might try it. You can configure the probability of encounters IIRC.

If you're getting too many spawns, though, my suggestion would be to turn off IWS Patrols and maybe Guards. IWS Core has just become such an essential mod for each of my playthroughs; I can't imagine running without it. Patrols in particular, though, adds too many roving targets to give you experience IMO.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Phetz posted:

If you're getting too many spawns, though, my suggestion would be to turn off IWS Patrols and maybe Guards. IWS Core has just become such an essential mod for each of my playthroughs; I can't imagine running without it. Patrols in particular, though, adds too many roving targets to give you experience IMO.

OK, thanks! Just one more question about IWS: I see lots of people complaining about crashes while using the mod on the Nexus, but judging from your post, is it simply not the case?

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

VisAbsoluta posted:

OK, thanks! Just one more question about IWS: I see lots of people complaining about crashes while using the mod on the Nexus, but judging from your post, is it simply not the case?
I'd be wary of the active spawns and Novac civilians modules, but the core and other modules appear to be fine. This is my load order. When I crash, I crash on a loading screen, but that's it, so far.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There needs to be a mod that lets you take your brain from the Big MT and put it in a brainbot, using it as a companion.

edit: OWB spoiler

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 23, 2011

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Is there a mod that increases the frequency of vendor refreshes? I can't find anything.

Also what's the name of the mod to aid with placing objects for decoration? I need to decorate my new homebase :3:

-Troika- posted:

There needs to be a mod that lets you take your brain from the Big MT and put it in a brainbot, using it as a companion.

Might want to give your spoilers some context.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Is there a mod that increases the frequency of vendor refreshes? I can't find anything.

Also what's the name of the mod to aid with placing objects for decoration? I need to decorate my new homebase :3:
Variable Merchant Restock lets you choose a restock cycle for all merchants. Hasn't been updated in a while so it probably doesn't affect vendors in DLC, though.

Feng Shui lets you move items around precisely and lock them into place. I would have killed to have something like this when I played FO3 on 360.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Horns posted:

Variable Merchant Restock lets you choose a restock cycle for all merchants. Hasn't been updated in a while so it probably doesn't affect vendors in DLC, though.

Feng Shui lets you move items around precisely and lock them into place. I would have killed to have something like this when I played FO3 on 360.

Awesome, thank you very much. I just need those Gun Runner bastards to restock so I can get myself a suppressor for my Glock before I beat the game.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Horns posted:

:siren:WARNING YOU WILL LOSE HOURS OF YOUR LIFE LINING UP COFFEE MUGS ON A TABLE:siren:

I love Feng Shui, but I cannot use it or I accomplish nothing else in Fallout.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

:siren:WARNING YOU WILL LOSE HOURS OF YOUR LIFE LINING UP COFFEE MUGS ON A TABLE:siren:

I hope so, so excited :allears:

Now if only I could find some way to move that gold ingot from Dead Money. Seems to heavy to grab...or something.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Feng Shui will steal your soul.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there something similar to OBGE being done for Fallout?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Coughing Hobo posted:

Yup.

One from New Vegas:

Then a few days later Underground Hideout was updated with an automatic gold bar sorter HURRR!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Capn Beeb posted:

Yup.

One from New Vegas:

Then a few days later Underground Hideout was updated with an automatic gold bar sorter HURRR!

No, stop showing me these things, don't tempt meeeeeeeee :gonk:

EDIT:

Uh oh. :stare:

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 23, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

With Powered Power Armour am I supposed to be moving much faster in Composite T-45 than in regular (unpowered) armor? Or is something in my load order screwing things up?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Coughing Hobo posted:

No, stop showing me these things, don't tempt meeeeeeeee :gonk:

EDIT:

Uh oh. :stare:

As awesome as that looks, I don't think I'd be able to use that mod without constantly reminding myself of how I'm violating lore and breaking my immersion. :negative:

The good news: Looks like another person took up the task of "fixing" the appearance of NPCs, a la "Project Beauty". The mod's compatible with all of the DLCs, too! LINK

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
It's about time. I have been really annoyed with the mismatched skin myself. Really hideous seeing different skin from the neck down.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I don't know, I kind of like that no skin color other than default Caucasian actually matches head-to-body at all. It's like the whole gamebryo engine was made and someone took a look at it and said "hey, where's all the black people?" and the programmer was like "Oh...oh poo poo. Okay give me like a day and I'll get something up" and he just randomly selected brown and yellow colors from the palette with no concern as to if they match up and went with it.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Trip report for The Armory: Holy poo poo the experimental katanas and poo poo are overpowered, they really need to be toned down.

Firstly, at least double the skill cost to build them (25 skill, really?). Secondly drop the crit chance waayy the gently caress down. I crit on literally every hit, and likewise, kill enemies in one hit, every time. And I'm level 5ish maybe with less then 40 melee.

Also I can't find a house mod I like, I'm probably going to have to make my own lite version of the Lucky 38

:negative:

And why is it impossible for people to do quality control (has nothing to do with The Armory, I've already said how I feel :)). Playing "Run the Lucky 38" and there are literally like 4 different ways/methods to use the elevator/menu in it and none of them are similar, and one or two of them don't even send you to the right place, it really annoys the poo poo out of me and it seems to be a pretty cool mod. I mean how hard is it to put the same menu script for the elevator on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mr. Crow posted:

Trip report for The Armory: Holy poo poo the experimental katanas and poo poo are overpowered, they really need to be toned down.

Firstly, at least double the skill cost to build them (25 skill, really?). Secondly drop the crit chance waayy the gently caress down. I crit on literally every hit, and likewise, kill enemies in one hit, every time. And I'm level 5ish maybe with less then 40 melee.
Come 2.5 the experimental lightsword things are going to be merged into a base low-power variant per type, and the upgrades will simply increase the damage.

I'm also going to remove the recipes for all the "upgraded" variants as well, as that was simply a quick port of the original mod. Sorry, so sloppy :negative:

And yes, they're supposed to insta-melt on kill since Naky wanted them to, though that's probably not a good balance decision in retrospect.