Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
the idea of having a 120b isk (or w/e they cost these days) glass cannon that can absolutely melt dozens of people at a time but will get wrecked horribly if that dozens suddenly turns into a couple hundred people is actually kinda neat, and it seems like it really dials up the risk/reward of titans in a way that might be really neat

really depends on how glassy they actually are, and how badly interceptors can screw them over cause someone said a moving interceptor can stay safe from them and if you pin one down with a gang of interceptors while your corp/alliance/w.e forms up a fleet to dunk it, that's kinda cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Eonwe posted:

what game are you guys going to play next

EVE Valkyrie.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How does CCP justify this as a good thing?

They will die easier when pinned down and will be able to be tackled by anything.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

They will die easier when pinned down and will be able to be tackled by anything.

I look forward to seeing a story about a newbie in a T1 frigate becoming a hero when they tackle a Titan and it leads to a kill

it's like the ultimate rifter hero story

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Magres posted:

I look forward to seeing a story about a newbie in a T1 frigate becoming a hero when they tackle a Titan and it leads to a kill

Rifter would get anally raped by a titan though.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Well there goes LAWN, have fun in Syndicate I guess.

Who's leaving next? :iiam:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Despera posted:

Rifter would get anally raped by a titan though.

many rifters then

like a swarm of bees!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Magres posted:

Wasn't that essentially what led to killing Shrike? Just instead of tackling it was accidentally bumping into and uncloaking it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Magres posted:

many rifters then

like a swarm of bees!

Tracking on titans is too good against tech 1 frigates. Plus if you could land a good sickle, you could annihilate the entire fleet.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Magres posted:

You need like more than a hundred to scram a super.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

Well there goes LAWN, have fun in Syndicate I guess.

Who's leaving next? :iiam:

The gently caress are yiu on about

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

crew posted:

The mastermind of their whole coalition goes on and on about 40 razor supers and then lawn and bastion supers and how they need to get set up to hyperdunk those and co2 has some intel and things they can do, yet I just listened to jeffraider and other awkward nerds insist there was never any trap.

For the 11th time- you don't set up a trap for hostile supers when you have 300 of your own supers online.

All I see is some sperg nobodies ever heard of kissing Elise's rear end and being overly enthusiastic about baiting and killing supers (for a PL vouch).

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wasn't that essentially what led to killing Shrike? Just instead of tackling it was accidentally bumping into and uncloaking it.

Yes he cyno'd in, doomsday'd then warped to a loving asteroid belt and hrin followed and ddcloaked him

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

You need like more than a hundred to scram a super.

Just 25 for a carrier 5 super. Fifty for a titan 5 titan

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
it takes many little bees to make a mighty swarm

i believe in you!!

(let me have my pipe dream :()

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Reverand maynard posted:

The gently caress are yiu on about

LAWN is bailing for Syndicate to "train up FC's" and "have fun".

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Our are super towers really being reinforced?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

dragonstalking posted:

LAWN is bailing for Syndicate to "train up FC's" and "have fun".

you mean slowly die?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Despera posted:

Our are super towers really being reinforced?

Yes, they were all RFed while the Meta Show went on.

Landsknecht posted:

you mean slowly die?

Yes.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Reverand maynard posted:

Yes he cyno'd in, doomsday'd then warped to a loving asteroid belt and hrin followed and ddcloaked him

Or more like he doomsday off the 46dp gate and cloaked right there waiting for cap to recover so he could jump out immediately since thats how he had operated before the patch changed the mechanics. Hrin was just one of a dozen frigates burning up to where they thought he was.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

It is complete bullshit that I can have a Svipul webbed and scrammed and can't kill it with either light OR medium drones and a few successful hits from battleship guns.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know the Jason Statham LG G5 commercial has techno leekspin as the background music. I'm on mobile or I'd embed.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Kiryen posted:

It is complete bullshit that I can have a Svipul webbed and scrammed and can't kill it with either light OR medium drones and a few successful hits from battleship guns.
This is because Svipuls are completely overpowered bullshit in general.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Kiryen posted:

Svipuls are really overpowered and can tank for decades and it's stupid as hell.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

pretty sure it was just on a gate, he dded and cloaked, on the gate

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
welcome back not-a-reddit-shill and i see we got penifsmash to deign to post in his own bitter little bitch way so i think that means we're winning?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Altran posted:

sadly, this isn't true anymore

just because I don't doesn't mean I can't, and besides, I was talkin like this when that got made

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Can't even smart bombs gates anymore

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Caring for a six month old really limits your spaceship time. Can somebody fill me in on today's drama?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Huge_Midget posted:

Caring for a six month old really limits your spaceship time. Can somebody fill me in on today's drama?

Imperium/GSF losing both the real war and the internet posting war

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Imperium/GSF losing both the real war and the internet posting war

i thought mittani said that CFC can't lose as long as they ~deny fights~

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Huge_Midget posted:

Mittani and Laz talked about the "Saranen Papers" on the Meta show, basically the same line as before about RMT and incoming-bans. PL had a counter-talk an hour earlier about the CFC in general, basically laughing at Mittani's accusations.

In ~spaceships~, the MBC reinforced all the CFC super staging towers and fragged some caps on the Saranen undock with DD's and nados. Also just fragged a Rorqual with supers. :toot:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Landsknecht posted:

i thought mittani said that CFC can't lose as long as they ~deny fights~

good god you're bitter

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

cravius posted:

good god you're bitter

sorry for pointing out that you're losing :colbert:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
we should welp all our caps into PL because something something good fights

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
why didn't the imperium undock and lose all their poo poo, i'm furious frankly

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Apparently when you are against the world the world is usually favorited.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Despera posted:

Apparently when you are against the world the world is usually favorited.

well that's good news then because when mittani does his ~masterstroke~ the victory will be all the sweeter

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

we should welp all our caps into PL because something something good fights

funny, we are getting a few pl carrier km's now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

well that's good news then because when mittani does his ~masterstroke~ the victory will be all the sweeter

It's a game bra, you win some you lose some.

• Locked thread