Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Gynovore posted:

Ohhhhh please. Is this some third world banana republic? Try to keep poo poo in the realm of barely believable.

Do you not live in the USA? American police murdering black people with no consequences is a thing. Hell, they don't even need to be from the soith. If the person is mentally ill that gives them even more justification for their "HE WAS HULKING OUT AND COMING RIGHT AT US" defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

limp_cheese posted:

Do you not live in the USA? American police murdering black people with no consequences is a thing. Hell, they don't even need to be from the soith. If the person is mentally ill that gives them even more justification for their "HE WAS HULKING OUT AND COMING RIGHT AT US" defense.

Quoting this for when you edit it later in embarrassment

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The Management posted:

Why would I edit it? I don't personally believe that poo poo and cops get away with killing black people using that exact excuse. Sadly a lot of people believe them. The confessor's concern that the police in a small southern town would kill some mentally challenged black person who wants to die is valid.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

limp_cheese posted:

Why would I edit it? I don't personally believe that poo poo and cops get away with killing black people using that exact excuse. Sadly a lot of people believe them. The confessor's concern that the police in a small southern town would kill some mentally challenged black person who wants to die is valid.

Lol

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

The Management posted:

But heart of darkness takes place in Africa. Apocalypse now, which was based on it, is in Southeast Asia.

And Phnom Penh is full of exactly the kind of people who would think this is really clever.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

The Management posted:

I was about to say before he responded, I doubted he would. Being pants-shittingly terrified of cops is something gbs goons take very seriously.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there have been a lot of stories of an ambulance being called for a mentally ill person having some sort of episode and the police turn up and shoot the person

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jose posted:

there have been a lot of stories of an ambulance being called for a mentally ill person having some sort of episode and the police turn up and shoot the person

Yea remember when that caretaker of a disabled guy got loving shot by cops despite being on the ground with his hands visible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erR4_u3LvSY

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I don't want this to turn into a derail about police. It's a valid concern and that's all I'm saying on the subject.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
We all understand what you're saying

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

gently caress the police

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

purple death ray posted:

gently caress the police

pause lmao

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

limp_cheese posted:

Hey. That's hardly limited to the US. Canada has it too.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Management posted:

We all understand what you're saying

He will never in his life realize where he went wrong here. Lmao

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

KomodoWagon posted:

You of all people really don't get to talk about other people having a poor grasp of anything.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

KomodoWagon posted:

Posts like this are the clickbait of SA, except worse because there's no link to clarify the statement. Just come out and speak your piece you weirdo.

Speaking of weirdo: Is therapy girlfriend goon still out there? Wonder how they're doing these days. I wouldn't mind an update!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

WampaLord posted:

Yea remember when that caretaker of a disabled guy got loving shot by cops despite being on the ground with his hands visible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erR4_u3LvSY

Dude was armed with a train. You ever been hit by a train?
Didn't think so.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Dude was armed with a train. You ever been hit by a train?
Didn't think so.

poo poo, good point.

Good shoot!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

WampaLord posted:

poo poo, good point.

Good shoot!

''Twas a triple tap.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

timp posted:

Posts like this are the clickbait of SA, except worse because there's no link to clarify the statement. Just come out and speak your piece you weirdo.

Don't tell me what to do

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I am starting to become extremely paranoid about an upcoming revolution.  I have been stockpiling weapons in my house and have installed security cameras all around my house and I watch the feed nearly constantly.  Whenever the doorbell rings I put on my legally purchased kevlar vest, grab a gun, and only talk through the mail slot.

I still manage to function at work, although I carry a concealed handgun at all times despite not having a permit.  I am convinced the government is going to try and take me out because I know too much so if I even hear a twig crack at night I find myself putting my armor on and staring out my windows for an hour or more until I'm convinced nobody is really there.  Naturally this is messing with my sleep schedule.

I don't know why I keep buying guns considering I can only use one or two at a time, but they make me feel safe.  So far I have 4 shotguns including my favorite semi-auto one that cost around 1600 dollars, two AR15s, and 3 handguns (one .357 magnum revolver, one 1911 45 acp, one 44 magnum semiauto).  I have thousands of rounds of ammunition and feel like I'm ready for anything, but at the same time I am always looking over my shoulder.

I think the only solution is to build a secure impenetrable "bunker" type structure to sleep in so I can at least sleep at night, but the cost seems prohibitive.  Since that's probably not positive I feel compelled to just buy more and more powerful guns and fortify my house.  I've considered boarding up my windows but I do like the sunlight and it would kind of openly advertise that I'm worried about something and make me more of a target.

Honestly dude if I were you I'd take comfort in obscurity

Remember, you are not worth sending a task force that could take out your meager security. How much could you possibly "know" that it's worth expending the effort to kill you rather than just letting everybody assume you're a crackpot (which is a pretty believable idea honestly)

Update on the self-harming goonfriend from earlier:

quote:

Oh my god shut up about the whole police debate. It's not a banana republic, it's Oklahoma, and the reason I thought police might kill her is because she said she would go at them with a knife and try on purpose to get them to shoot her. With all the articles about 'cop kills black person, gets paid leave' she keeps spamming everywhere to justify her fear, I was hesitant to do the usually 100% correct answer of calling the cops and letting them shove her in a mental ward.

Anyway the mentally ill person didn't kill themselves, they're in the hospital, and I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna sever (or at least distance myself) from this emotional trainwreck of a person in a way that doesn't cause them to become a crazy stalker rear end in a top hat. The reason I haven't ditched her rear end already is because we've known each other since we were five but this is just another incident in a long line of lovely incidents that I've kinda grown tired of dealing with.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad we made that person angry talking about the police lol

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
"legally purchased vest", "only talk through the mailslot". I know what picture you're trying to paint here but oh god be a bit more subtle. Your creative writing will improve tenfold.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Police Automaton posted:

"legally purchased vest", "only talk through the mailslot". I know what picture you're trying to paint here but oh god be a bit more subtle. Your creative writing will improve tenfold.

It's not illegal to purchase a vest in most states if you are not a felon. The real issue is the mention of a semi auto 44 mag.
No real prepper would buy a deagle. Try again.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

It's not illegal to purchase a vest in most states if you are not a felon. The real issue is the mention of a semi auto 44 mag.
No real prepper would buy a deagle. Try again.

Wasn't there a confession a while back about that exact type of deagle too?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Wasn't there a confession a while back about that exact type of deagle too?

Yup.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Paranoid gun nut: How much training do you have on yoir firearms? Do you regularly go to the range and practice? How about any kind of obstacle course or high stress firearm training? Have you ever been in a firefight and If so when was the last? If the answer to those questions is "no" or "none" then congratulations on being a massive threat to yourself and everyone around you. Even if you find yourself in a situation that calls for force you will most likely freeze up, kill yourself, or an innocent bystander. I'm also assuming you are a fat piece of poo poo that doesn't exercise and would pass out after carrying a combat load a mile.

All you've done is create a stockpile of weapons and ammunition for whomever takes you out when the revolution comes.

No one is coming for you and if the government wanted to take you out they would just need to wait until you accidentally do it yourself.

But hey, at least you have your safety blankets while you suck on your thumb in fear.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

Paranoid gun nut: How much training do you have on yoir firearms? Do you regularly go to the range and practice?

If he actually did think buying a deagle was a wise purchase, my money is on "absolutely none", and "no".

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
They government wouldn't have enough manpower to round up all the preppers if shtf anyway. They'd just drone strike them all.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
How can anyone believe that the government simultaneously has the will and resources to monitor every paranoid idiot but somehow would be defeated by that one idiot and his gun collection? If you somehow shoot one cop through the door, why would the evil globalists give up?? One SWAT team would steamroll any prepper so it's a waste of time.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

How can anyone believe that the government simultaneously has the will and resources to monitor every paranoid idiot but somehow would be defeated by that one idiot and his gun collection? If you somehow shoot one cop through the door, why would the evil globalists give up?? One SWAT team would steamroll any prepper so it's a waste of time.

something something enemies simultaneously all powerful and weak as gently caress something something

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Everybody be continuously shifting rhetorical focus all the time

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Bit of an Eco chamber in here

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Good thing you have that Kevlar vest when the SWAT team is using AR-15s. Kevlar won't do poo poo for anything more powerful than a pistol.

Here's another fun fact - Kevlar fibers break down overtime and the vest will lose its effectiveness. If it's more than 5 years old it's probably useless, just like the rest of your "prepping".

e: Also, people always forget that SWAT likes to use things like tear gas and flash bangs. You could have the best armor and the best gun, but if you can't see and can't breathe you automatically lose. Preppers are dumb.

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 18, 2017

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
Kevlar ain't gonna save you when the ATF rolls up and torches your house.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Yeah, but what if you prep for that?

https://www.squaredawaysurplus.com/products/bds-tactical-mini-suppressor?variant=18472495750

I'm already carrying 4 shotguns, 2 rifles, and 3 pistols, so this is all I can really add to my kit because of the weight, but it says "tactical" so it's totally legit. :colbert:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I always carry a cutting sarcastic remark, delivered ironically

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

My favorite thing about SWAT is that they don't even have to fight you. You're gonna feel real dumb when they cut off your utilities and you surrender mere hours later because you know you don't have enough food and water to last any meaningful amount of time. Even if you have supplies, you have to sleep eventually. Good luck :)

I was so focused on the prepping I forgot this detail:

paranoid prepper posted:

...I carry a concealed handgun at all times despite not having a permit. I am convinced the government is going to try and take me out...
Yeah, maybe breaking the law isn't the best idea if you're trying to lay low?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pearnicious posted:

Yeah, maybe breaking the law isn't the best idea if you're trying to lay low?

Dude's going to get rightfully arrested and think "SEE I KNEW IT" :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Pearnicious posted:

My favorite thing about SWAT is that they don't even have to fight you. You're gonna feel real dumb when they cut off your utilities and you surrender mere hours later because you know you don't have enough food and water to last any meaningful amount of time. Even if you have supplies, you have to sleep eventually. Good luck :)

Any halfway competent military or SWAT team could roflstomp a prepper. Even a single policeman with an IQ in the triple digits would come out on top. I think that most preppers aren't intending to fight the gummint, but rather the hordes of starving raiders who come after the SHTF, coming to steal all your tinned food, toilet paper and gold bars.

Of course, after their Patriot Pantry vacuum-sealed beans run out, they'll be joining the raiders.