Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

They probably told me somewhere in the game and I just missed it, but I'm a decent chunk into Yakuza 0 (I've unlocked the property minigame with Kiryu and bought some stuff), and it was only after googling it from seeing comments on this page that I found out "down" on the d-pad actually used the weapons you had equipped in slots. I kind of assumed that it was a passive stat boost like the accessories/armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yes when you are in a new region you always spawn with 3 free elixirs. This number goes up the more kodama you find in the region. This number is different from the max you can hold, which is higher and can be improved with skills.

If you want more than the guaranteed basic minimum then you might have to farm but I never did

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Waiting for Horizon to come out linguistically made me realize that I never got around to playing Until Dawn yet.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

If you're not opposed to rushing through it you could beat Until Dawn in a day.

If you're a fan of horror films/Mr Robot you'll love it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm ambivalent about horror but what I do love are narrative choice-based games where you get cleverly screwed no matter what.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Its like Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls but better if that makes any sense.

I only play those kind of games once, whatever playthrough I have, it is what it is.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know of a headset in the $100-200 range they supports surround sound with PS4 and PC? I've been having a bitch of a time trying to find something that isn't stereo on one or the other.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
What the everfucking poo poo is up with PSN and credit cards? Actually, scratch that. What the everfucking poo poo is up with PSN in general on PS4? Every shitbird pizza shop in the backwaters of Florida can handle online orders; i have no idea how Sony could be this incompetent. A look around the internet seems to indicate that the only solution to this issue is buying PSN gift cards. And that's nonsense.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea sometimes psn just doesn't like your cc for no reason and I gave up on trying a long time ago. I can get the prepaid cards really fast since there's a store that sells them within walking distance of me at leat

also you should always use the browser store if you can since it's infinitely better than the actual store on the console itself. I loathe the search system on the ps4 store

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

What the everfucking poo poo is up with PSN and credit cards? Actually, scratch that. What the everfucking poo poo is up with PSN in general on PS4? Every shitbird pizza shop in the backwaters of Florida can handle online orders; i have no idea how Sony could be this incompetent. A look around the internet seems to indicate that the only solution to this issue is buying PSN gift cards. And that's nonsense.

You're telling me – I'm really peeved because my brand new Official Playstation™ Credit Card isn't working on PSN, and if I got a new credit card for no reason it's going to be really annoying.

I heard someone say that a lot of the problems were tied to old PS3-era infrastructure, so maybe we'll get a modern system in 5 years.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Just buy Amazon digital codes like everyone with out an US Adress on their CC. Sony is bad about accepting money.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

anyone have luck in the past getting credit for a purchase made right before the promo period? I bought ds3 + dlc on the 20th because i forgot about the spend 100 promo which just started today.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Not just PSN, but I have often wondered how any service like that that requires your CC's billing address accounts for all the slightly different ways an address can be written.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Not just PSN, but I have often wondered how any service like that that requires your CC's billing address accounts for all the slightly different ways an address can be written.

It only looks at the zip code I think.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Samurai Sanders posted:

I feel like I heard all they really need to be exact about is the zip code and maybe street number, but I can't recall where I heard it from so it could be made up.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
My god it's a nightmare. I think I've been screwing around with this for six hours now to make a $9.99 purchase of a game I already own on Steam. I can't get the browser store to work either. This is the ultimate first world problem. Now I've got to call an Uber to take me over to the shop where I am getting new speakers and window tints installed in my car.

EVERYTHING IS HORRIBLE IN THE WORLD

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I feel like I heard all they really need to be exact about is the zip code and maybe street number, but I can't recall where I heard it from so it could be made up.

I've definitely used new addresses with an old address on file at the bank for online purchases before, and never got any errors as long as I was still in my hometown. Moved a couple counties away and then I had to update poo poo with the bank to get it to work.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought Catalyst for £8 before Christmas and still haven't played it :/

same. also mad max. summertime games

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Volkerball posted:

It only looks at the zip code I think.

Depends on the CC processor setup. You can restrict it to certain levels of address verification from none to the most basic 5 digit zipcode to full address plus zip+4. The problem is that the combination of issuing card company and the access to information the processor has means that you're always going to get people who just can't match AVS at all. Non-US banks hardly ever work with our US-based processor's AVS at work, for example.

From all the trouble I always hear about in this thread, I'm guessing Sony has theirs on maximum paranoia mode at the expense of paying customers that just want to pay. Even in the US, I only use PSN cards because Amazon makes it so easy.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 23, 2017

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

My god it's a nightmare. I think I've been screwing around with this for six hours now to make a $9.99 purchase of a game I already own on Steam. I can't get the browser store to work either. This is the ultimate first world problem. Now I've got to call an Uber to take me over to the shop where I am getting new speakers and window tints installed in my car.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Just buy Amazon digital codes like everyone with out an US Adress on their CC. Sony is bad about accepting money.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Like, Iive in Germany, have a German address on my cc, and a fake US address on Amazon.com, they don't care and just bill you anyway.

Sony sucks, not accepting foreign PayPal is also baffling, just hit me with applicable sales taxes or not, whatever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SiKboy posted:

They probably told me somewhere in the game and I just missed it, but I'm a decent chunk into Yakuza 0 (I've unlocked the property minigame with Kiryu and bought some stuff), and it was only after googling it from seeing comments on this page that I found out "down" on the d-pad actually used the weapons you had equipped in slots. I kind of assumed that it was a passive stat boost like the accessories/armour.

i was supremely disappointed when i just hit people with the salt shaker and didnt fling it in peoples eyes to blind them.

i had much more fun with the umbrella, but weapons are all really disappointing compared to beast style anyway

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Why can't you just buy a 10 dollar psn code on amazon like every other goon?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Just found out a buddy has been gaming over wireless the last few weeks. I kept asking what changed and he said he upgraded service from ATT and was given a new router. No wonder he started having connection and lag issues. Does the PSPro have decent wireless now or is it still just complete crap?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

El Jebus posted:

Just found out a buddy has been gaming over wireless the last few weeks. I kept asking what changed and he said he upgraded service from ATT and was given a new router. No wonder he started having connection and lag issues. Does the PSPro have decent wireless now or is it still just complete crap?

It has the wireless most new devices have vs the ancient tech in the launch model

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Real hurthling! posted:

It has the wireless most new devices have vs the ancient tech in the launch model

How is it any better, in layman's terms? :confused: Is its wired connection also better?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

How is it any better, in layman's terms? :confused: Is its wired connection also better?
I think both the new models support the new (as of what, like eight years ago now?) 5ghz band, which is drastically faster for downloading. I don't know anything about latency though.

Wired is still unquestionably better for both though.

edit: if your wireless router doesn't support it its neither here nor there though.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Launch PS4s shipped with a wireless antenna made out of aluminum foil and bubble gum. A wired connection is always, always, always better for gaming than wifi, regardless of how good your wifi is. Wifi is generally a poor choice for latency-sensitive applications, such as synchronous multiplayer games.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Why can't you just buy a 10 dollar psn code on amazon like every other goon?

its important to suffer needlessly in order to truly have a position of inarguable truth to shout from about the state of a thing, instead of just rolling your eyes at the pathetic state of the thing and taking the simple steps to circumvent it

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Thanks, good to know, its another advantage Pro has over the regular model.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

baram. posted:

anyone have luck in the past getting credit for a purchase made right before the promo period? I bought ds3 + dlc on the 20th because i forgot about the spend 100 promo which just started today.

i got in touch with chat support and they could not do this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Thanks, good to know, its another advantage Pro has over the regular model.
Both the Slim and the Pro have the improved wifi, if that's what you are asking.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

What's Battlefield 1 like? It's on sale at the moment so thinking about getting it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Looke posted:

What's Battlefield 1 like? It's on sale at the moment so thinking about getting it
Have you played other Battlefield games? It's the same deal: a giant map full of players shooting and bayonetting each other and running each other over with tanks willy-nilly. Oh and sometimes someone captures a control point I guess.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SiKboy posted:

Whaaaaaaat? Well that's going to make tonight's session a lot more fun.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Have you played other Battlefield games? It's the same deal: a giant map full of players shooting and bayonetting each other and running each other over with tanks willy-nilly. Oh and sometimes someone captures a control point I guess.

Oh right, I have BF4, is there anything standout about BF1 that means I should get it?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bombadilillo posted:

Eventually your money doesnt come from random fights so your can avoid them too. So turn it to easy and be a badass? I just beat Nioh Im and this fight system is painful compared to that.

This doesn't excuse any games for being crap but I try to space out games in similar genres or with similar mechanics for this reason. After playing any of the Arkham games I steered clear of stuff like Assassin's Creed or Shadows of Mordor (even though with SoM I was really quite happy and impressed with its combat).

I can excuse a lot more in a game if I haven't just come off playing something that does some of the mechanics better.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Nintendo doesn't accept Amex at all, which means PSN gets all my digital money. :homebrew:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh boy, Square-Enix just sent me my Cindymobile DLC code! I don't even own the game anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Looke posted:

Oh right, I have BF4, is there anything standout about BF1 that means I should get it?
Besides a different context of course, stuff about scoring and acquiring weapons and stuff works differently. As far as shooting mechanics and how the maps are laid out, I'm sure someone can explain the differences in PhD dissertation detail but not me.

I think I still like BF4 a bit more, but I don't play either one so much anymore.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 23, 2017